NATION

PASSWORD

Build a Region 2015: 15000 Free Stamps!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Build a Region 2015: 15000 Free Stamps!

Postby Nephmir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:15 am

Build a Region 2015

Greetings, everyone!

In an effort to give those with limited experience or time an opportunity to build a region, and to encourage diversity, imagination, and creativity, this upcoming year, 2015, I will be giving out up to 15000 telegram stamps for a kick start in new nation recruitment (and help with setting up the API for when they run out), every two months of the year (February, April, June, August, October, and maybe two regions in December).

Build the region of your dreams! Your region, no matter what the size or age, can get this package to become a new region amongst the international community! Those that are interested should post the "application" below.

The region that shows the most innovation, imagination, and initiative will be rewarded the stamps and will get to grow and thrive!

Your region can apply multiple times if your application is denied, and if you make it on a nomination list one month, but another region wins, you can apply again the next month.

I am posting this a month early in case I have to back out with unexpected monetary problems; however I am confident that this shouldn't be a problem.

New, upstart regions preferred!

Code: Select all
What is your region's name?
What makes your region different from the other 17000 regions in the world?
Give a brief overview or summary of your region.

"Nominated" regions may be asked for further details through telegram. Applications will be accepted or denied in this thread.

Please upvote and/or pin this dispatch to help spread the word! http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=332370

If this project is successful, I will do this again in 2016, hopefully for a region per month, and a volunteer staff to help make the process more enjoyable to all!
Last edited by Nephmir on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:55 am, edited 9 times in total.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Dark Rider Lord
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Rider Lord » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:36 am

What is your region's name? TBR
We are the reason you exist, therefore we are special.
we are a big region full of very special people. We build lots of embassies.
Why should your region be rewarded above the other applicants?
Redundant with question #2. For a more complete answer: Make us your surprise pick, surprise the world with your open mindedness for all culture, backgrounds and traditions.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:40 am

Dark Rider Lord wrote:What is your region's name? TBR
We are the reason you exist, therefore we are special.
we are a big region full of very special people. We build lots of embassies.
Why should your region be rewarded above the other applicants?
Redundant with question #2. For a more complete answer: Make us your surprise pick, surprise the world with your open mindedness for all culture, backgrounds and traditions.

I don't think a region with 600 nations and a fully functioning and active forum need the stamps. :p

Nice try though.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Nordic States and Territories
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordic States and Territories » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:41 am

Interesting idea. But the question is not what people can offer to your project, but what can your project offer to people? We have a flag request thread that you can get free flags for whatever you want, and zetaboards allows you to create forums for free with minimal technical knowledge. The only thing you can actually offer that isn't free are stamps, and it seems like you'll be relying on volunteers to donate those anyways.

It's an interesting idea to create new established regions and bring new life to the game, but nothing a person can't do done alone.
Last edited by Nordic States and Territories on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
sigs are hard

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:44 am

Nordic States and Territories wrote:Interesting idea. But the question is not what people can offer to your project, but what can your project offer to people? We have a flag request thread that you can get free flags for whatever you want, and zetaboards allows you to create forums for free with minimal technical knowledge. The only thing you can actually offer that isn't free are stamps, and it seems like you'll be relying on volunteers to donate those anyways.

It's an interesting idea to create new established regions and bring new life to the game, but nothing you can do can't be done alone.

Nope, I'll pay the stamps in full. The sponsors are just for those that wish to provide additional stamps in addition to the potentially 15000. :)

I'll be judging on three categories, initiative, imagination, and innovation. Up to five points each. Each point gives you 1000 telegram stamps. The winners will of course be the best of the bunch.

The forum and flags are just a bonus.

Edit: clarified in the OP.
Last edited by Nephmir on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:51 am

Protip:dont get a forum where some random person has root access
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:52 am

Blood Wine wrote:Protip:dont get a forum where some random person has root access

I'll be passing the main account to the winner, thereby relieving all control of it.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Wintermoot
Envoy

Founded: May 09, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Wintermoot » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:56 am

Is it really difficult for people to start their own Zetaboard forum and throw a skin on them? There are plenty of pre-made skins out there as it stands.
Inric Nordrim Kestar
Monarch of Wintreath

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:58 am

Wintermoot wrote:Is it really difficult for people to start their own Zetaboard forum and throw a skin on them? There are plenty of pre-made skins out there as it stands.

For some people. I myself remember being confused by Zetaboards a couple years ago when I first was introduced to it.

Winners don't have to accept the forums if they don't want one. Nor the flags. The main package are the stamps.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Wintermoot
Envoy

Founded: May 09, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Wintermoot » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:09 am

I understand that, and $15 worth of stamps is a good deal. Maybe it's my own personal weariness toward account sharing in general, but I would be weary of passing along a root administrator account between people. I'm not sure if you're offering to make a skin for these forums or just find an existing one for them, but it may be a better idea to instruct them on how to make the forum (it's just filling out a form), and then temporarily grant admin permissions on your own account if they want those services from you.

Just my opinion and suggestion as someone that's done the InvisionFree/Zetaboards thing before. I obviously have no horse in this race. :P
Inric Nordrim Kestar
Monarch of Wintreath

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:13 am

Wintermoot wrote:I understand that, and $15 worth of stamps is a good deal. Maybe it's my own personal weariness toward account sharing in general, but I would be weary of passing along a root administrator account between people. I'm not sure if you're offering to make a skin for these forums or just find an existing one for them, but it may be a better idea to instruct them on how to make the forum (it's just filling out a form), and then temporarily grant admin permissions on your own account if they want those services from you.

Just my opinion and suggestion as someone that's done the InvisionFree/Zetaboards thing before. I obviously have no horse in this race. :P

Alright then, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! :)
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:48 am

Alright, after considering it, I'm just going to give out the stamps. No forums or flags.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

King of America
Civilian

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby King of America » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:56 am

What is your region's name? Kingdom of America
Give a brief overview or summary of your region. The Kingdom of America is a constitutional monarchy based in modern day North America. Legislative power is vested in the House of Representatives and the Royal Senate, which is appointed by the Crown. Direct elections for the President are held every two months, who shall run for office alongside a Vice Presidential candidate; as the Constitution states that upon resignation of the President, the Vice President will be invited to take the presidential oath to complete the remainder of the term. The current reigning house is the House of Washington under King George.
Why should your region be rewarded above the other applicants? The region is a serious and unique take on modern day United States but with the aspect of a monarchy, which particularly embraces an interesting piece of alternative history.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:56 am

How abrwAnything Codger creates?
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Anders Blakewood
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Anders Blakewood » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Might as well throw my hat and region in the race :P

What is your region's name?
Wistlor, and my founder nation holding it is Astalekon

We are going to be a huge RP'ing region, when I mean RP'ing region I don't mean you go and sign up for RP's and post in one thread or two. The majority of the forums are In-Character. Oh, almost forgot, we've got a die rolling function on the forums, allow an account for every character, allow nations or individual characters in, and will be run off a modified tabletop RPG system. Sort of like Rifts.

A collection of RP's clustered around the Kingdom in Wistlor in medieval times, it's progress through the Age of Steam(Punk) and Industry, and the collapse of civilization in the future.

Corvus Corax
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Corax » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:48 pm

Uniqueness of Cimmeria.

Cimmerians won't ever need any stamps for anything. They never recruit. The region will be always locked. No regional government of any kind. Practical and pure example of isolated fanatically religious raider matriarchal puppetstorageism. Essentially Meaningless puppet dump and directory adress in the server's hard drive located in Seattle. Cimmeria could be abandoned for Hyrkania, Shem, Zamora or XQ-4407b-GHY or what ever [place available region name here] any time without serious harm to anything important. The Home of Raider Witch-Queen Cora.

Cimmerians are participated nearly 6000 raids to the other regions, usually in regions where natives think their region is somehow special. Cimmeria is not. In Cimmeria 15000 stamps would be enough for 100 years of NS-Gameplay.
Messenger of The Witch-Queen of Cimmeria

Anders Blakewood
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anders Blakewood » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:03 pm

Corvus Corax wrote:Uniqueness of Cimmeria.

Cimmerians won't ever need any stamps for anything. They never recruit. The region will be always locked. No regional government of any kind. Practical and pure example of isolated fanatically religious raider matriarchal puppetstorageism. Essentially Meaningless puppet dump and directory adress in the server's hard drive located in Seattle. Cimmeria could be abandoned for Hyrkania, Shem, Zamora or XQ-4407b-GHY or what ever [place available region name here] any time without serious harm to anything important. The Home of Raider Witch-Queen Cora.

Cimmerians are participated nearly 6000 raids to the other regions, usually in regions where natives think their region is somehow special. Cimmeria is not. In Cimmeria 15000 stamps would be enough for 100 years of NS-Gameplay.

I like the rhetoric, but why apply if Cimmeria would never use them? :p

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:09 pm

What is your region's name? The Crimson Empire
What makes your region different from the other 17000 regions in the world? It is a fledgling raider region (you are embracing raiders now right?). You wanted to merge with us and oh one of the Councilman and co-founder is a former Lord/Bishop that worked up from the bottom in your region. The most dedicated besides you and UP. Yeah that's significant.
We raid and try to be fun. We aren't as strict as TBR and we try to do all kinds of raiding.
Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Anders Blakewood wrote:I like the rhetoric, but why apply if Cimmeria would never use them? :p

Just because he doesn't want to recruit doesn't mean he won't use them! Maybe he wants to send a message of friendly greeting to a chunk of the world, or new nations ;)
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Tancerlo
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tancerlo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:13 pm

I think this is an excellent idea.

I would suggest Neph, if you want to do the forum help idea, have them create the root account, then you register on the board and they give you admin so you can help set things up. After you're done they can remove admin again. This way would have no account sharing and ensure they retain complete control of their forum throughout the process. Now I read up again this is pretty much what Wintermoot said, but oh well. :P I do think the forum help is a useful service, perhaps just make it optional.

I would also suggest that API recruitment is set up alongside stamps, to run both at the same time for maximum coverage.
Albion ♠ Come write stories with us on our community forum!

"If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - A. Einstein

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:12 pm

What is your region's name? Sicarius

We are trying to go for a region where people can go to really find their niche in NationStates and do our part to create long-lasting members in whatever field they dare so choose. We also wish to achieve a level of community where people are not intimidated to ask the founder to have their little Roleplaying thread or General discussion posted on the World Factbook Entry, because, yeah, we do that.

In Sicarius, we strive to (again) help people find their niche in NationStates in anything they try (except Defending :P) and then to excel at said niche. While we wish to involve everything NationStates has to offer in one giant cornucopia of NationStatesness, we lack the amount of people required to get these things moving which is making it difficult to achieve our goal as a region.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Tancerlo wrote:I think this is an excellent idea.

:rofl: This is a scam for Nephy to get his name out, and nothing more....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:13 pm

What is wrong with some people that even when he's willing to throw real money to aid other people, they still laugh at him? What does it matter what is other motivations are.

I don't need the stamps and I could afford them if I wanted it...what I need is free time.
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls
<Mall> Codger is only an enemy to those who dislike polls.

Anders Blakewood
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anders Blakewood » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:14 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:

Please post an application, something about an application, or generally something of substance. If he doesn't deliver, then you have the right to call it a scam.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:

Even if it is, I'm still too poor to splurge 15$ on stamps for a game I most likely won't be playing in a year or three.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay