NATION

PASSWORD

The Pollaetorian Guard: Helping You Make The Right Decisions

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:51 am

Should've went for the one bread movie there
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:54 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Ambrella wrote:Thanks for your help, ya turds.

*** Warned for flaming ***

The Blaatschapen - Nationstates Moderator

I know it looks like that from a general perspective, but I hope you know he wasn't actually flaming.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:28 pm

Zaolat wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
*** Warned for flaming ***

The Blaatschapen - Nationstates Moderator

I know it looks like that from a general perspective, but I hope you know he wasn't actually flaming.

They can appeal.
The Blaatschapen should resign

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:01 pm

The Brave Little Toaster was the rightful winner... in my heart. :meh:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Pollat
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pollat » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:57 am

https://www.nationstates.net/page=poll/p=20006

Seattle Seahawks or New England Patriots, vote Gameplay!
Last edited by Pollat on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 Poll, 2 Poll, Red Vote, Blue Vote
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:08 pm

Pollat wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=poll/p=20006

Where's the "I don't follow sports not even the Superbowl" option?
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:49 pm

Can I vote Jon Ryan and Bruce Irvin, for really making this game memorable? :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:05 am

Valrifell wrote:
Pollat wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=poll/p=20006

It's called make your own poll option.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Victim of the Flag Thief

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:44 am

Zaolat wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

It's called make your own poll option.

I don't see that option on the poll :/
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:53 pm

http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_ ... llid_20615

Public poll on the direction of their regional government...

FORGET A GENERAL, THEY NEED A "REGIONAL DESIGNER" FOR THEIR CURTAINS

MAKE IT HAPPEN :lol:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:42 am

Is Nickelback indefensible???

Glorious Nations of Iwaku • You are offered $100,000 (USD) but every song you here for the rest of your life sounds like Nickelback would you take the deal?

Yea! money is great! Nickelback is ok I can listen to them forever. - 3 votes / I can't give up my favorite music.. It is worth more than money! - 40 votes

On one hand, The Pollaetorian Guard is proud to see people value the integrity of their music taste over money. On the other hand, does Nickelback deserve a poll result so crushing that it's not feasible at all to overcome?? (At least not blatantly). Who will stand up to defend Nickelback??

Well done Vandoosa.

Edit: On further analysis most of the votes are coming internally from Iwaku, although we see votes coming from AOI. The Fascist Union and Yggdrasil.
Last edited by Pollaetorian on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls
<Mall> Codger is only an enemy to those who dislike polls.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:05 pm

You know, nothing ever said you could only listen to Nickkleback. To quote - "Glorious Nations of Iwaku • You are offered $100,000 (USD) but every song you here for the rest of your life sounds like Nickelback would you take the deal?" ... so you'd still be listening to, say, "Welcome to the Jungle" ...just a Nickleback cover of it :P And as their newer album has shown, they can cover other genres without getting worse.

#PollLawyering
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:You know, nothing ever said you could only listen to Nickkleback. To quote - "Glorious Nations of Iwaku • You are offered $100,000 (USD) but every song you here for the rest of your life sounds like Nickelback would you take the deal?" ... so you'd still be listening to, say, "Welcome to the Jungle" ...just a Nickleback cover of it :P And as their newer album has shown, they can cover other genres without getting worse.

#PollLawyering

Souls, every song sounds like their others. As in, they're not trying to emulate the sound of a band, don't think of it as a cover, think of it as a blatant theft of a song but into Nickelback form. At least, that's how I saw it.

Either way, yes, Nickelback should remain universally hated by literally everyone.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Teeraeremnetorsa
Civilian

Founded: Feb 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Teeraeremnetorsa » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:24 pm

Zaolat
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:36 pm

Teeraeremnetorsa wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/region=new_brannack#pollid_20677

vote for afl for kicks and giggles :rofl:

Absolutely not. Get your own gameplay organisation and post polls there, otherwise expect any here to be ignored.
Last edited by Zaolat on Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victim of the Flag Thief

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:48 am

Zaolat wrote:
Teeraeremnetorsa wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/region=new_brannack#pollid_20677

vote for afl for kicks and giggles :rofl:

Absolutely not. Get your own gameplay organisation and post polls there, otherwise expect any here to be ignored.

Correct. If you follow The Pollaetorian Guard's way of doing things, have a good story, or at least an interesting poll.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:19 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:You know, nothing ever said you could only listen to Nickkleback. To quote - "Glorious Nations of Iwaku • You are offered $100,000 (USD) but every song you here for the rest of your life sounds like Nickelback would you take the deal?" ... so you'd still be listening to, say, "Welcome to the Jungle" ...just a Nickleback cover of it :P And as their newer album has shown, they can cover other genres without getting worse.

#PollLawyering

Actually, that would make it worse.

All those great songs that I normally listen to, ruined by Nickelback.

It's just that 100.000 dollars is just not all that much. If we're talking about 100 million, then yeah, sure, I would simply stop listening to music most of the time. And just use my auditive memory to replay songs in my head, the way they used to be.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Zaolat
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:51 am

I just can't in good health support Nickelback, ever.
Victim of the Flag Thief

Vandoosa
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vandoosa » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:23 am

...I had no knowledge of this topic when I created that poll.. It was a weird coincidence.. It was actually a poll I snatched from a magical place called LUE a year or so ago..

*stares*

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:48 pm

Potato racket foiled in Osiris. Ministers fixing government trade contracts?

Osiris. Rich culture. Lovely monuments. Bland food. That was about to change as banter spread that the Osiris Trade and Customs Board would be holding its next meeting. Bazaars across the region had long been advocating the Osiris government to open its trade borders and allow the import of exotic delicacies. The people are salivating for something besides falafel.

"The Board announces that Osiris will now permit the importation of potato chips. To ensure the culinary tradition of Osiris is preserved however, only one flavour of chip will be imported. This would be decided by a poll"

Osiris • Favorite Flavor of Chips/Crisps

Plain / Barbecue / Sour Cream and Onion / Salt and Pepper /Sour Cream and Cheddar / Salt and Vinegar / Sriracha / Other

Fervour, hotter than the blazing sun, radiated in markets everywhere. Barbecue chip? Sour Cream and Onion? What's Sriracha? the debates went. It was Salt and Vinegar though which lead the poll, backed by government ministers Cormac A Stark and The Imperial Crown. There's nothing suspicious about that, as ministers are voters too. But then The Pollaetorian Guards received a tipoff from Zaolat, one of the few Sriracha (what's that?) connoisseurs in the region. He has been bootlegging them for years.

"Sriracha is never going to win, Zao. But directors in a salt and pepper chip corporation? Ministers fixing government contracts for personal gain? The Pollaetorian Guard needs to stop that"

Salt and Pepper, Plain and Sour Cream and Onion were the most popular choices in the poll. Salt and Pepper is tainted by accusations and while Sour Cream and Onion is the personal favourite of the Pharoah, Tim Stark it is a polarising choice. The safest option is to go with Plain. The people can add their own flavours afterwards with seasoning if they wish. The people can develop a more sophisticated palette too, flavourings dull the senses and hence dull the mind. The Pollaetorian Guard favours Plain Chips, the choice of gentlemen who can savour the subtle, inherent taste of potato and fully appreciate the feel and crunch in the mouth, undistracted by the wallop of flavour in other chips.

RESULTS: Plain - 26, Sour Cream and Onion - 16, Salt and Vinegar - 22

The Pollaetorian Guard: Keeping trade fair.

Thanks in advance to Zaolat, Tim, Raven and Cormac. Raven and Cormac did not actually do anything to fix the poll. The poll manipulation to plain chips was by The Pollaetorian Guard. THE POLLAETORIAN GUARD STRONGLY DENIES ALL NONSENSE THAT IT WAS IMPLICATED BY THE PLAIN POTATO CHIP LOBBY.

---

A reminder that The Pollaetorian Guard is always looking for members! If you are interested in polls and like a good story, we could be friends. People should check our region too. Our RMB has additional interesting discussions about polls
Last edited by Pollaetorian on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:45 am

ATTENTION LLAMAS

The Pollaetorian Guard just needs your go ahead...

P.S: What's your main nation.
Last edited by Pollaetorian on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Republic of Llamas
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Llamas » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:18 am

Pollaetorian wrote:
(Image)
ATTENTION LLAMAS

The Pollaetorian Guard just needs your go ahead...

P.S: What's your main nation.

This is my main. Just one question, though: What the freaking hell...

Tzaraist Republique
Civilian

Founded: Jan 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tzaraist Republique » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:24 pm

you'd think a region with just two people wouldn't need a poll. Or could at least agree on it. :lol:

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:18 am

Today The Pollaetorian Guard comes to you with a double update, so rest assured Nationstates that your poll guardians are keeping you safe.

Surgeons saved from the wolves

Imperium of the Wolf • On ethics and the value of life.

In your nation the following individuals need an organ transplant and only one is available (if your nation is capable of synthetics assume they are isolated and the receipt of an additional supply of synthetic organs in time is extremely unlikely). Which individual receives it?

The Army Sergeant 17 votes / The Surgeon 22 votes / Other options - very little votes

The Pollaetorian Guard was deployed to Imperium of the Wolf, a harsh desolate realm where society has fallen and people regressed to dog-eat-dog world. Civility is dead, clans run amok and might is right is the only law. In such a dysfunctional society resources are scarce and after one bloody battle, the brutes gathered to make a tough decision. Who do they save?

"Ragh, the Sergeant! He fought in battle! Honoured are the warriors" one called Androcratia cried, "Military first. No contest".

"Hurr! Hurr!", other stomped their feet and agreed. The Sergeant leads heavily.

The Pollaetorians were aghast. Couldn't they see this is exactly the sort of thinking that keeps humanity from advancing? No long term planning. A surgeon could save others. Amd a society not having to worry about its own health is the start to orderly civilisation. Civilising regions from their self-destructive decisions, that's the noblesse oblige of being a honourable member of the guard.

There were allies, to a point. Their chieftain, Themightymanuel understood the value the Surgeon but still saw it in strictly military terms. "Life service for the surgeon to repay his debt. Or death". Still it was a start. Slowly, the votes evened up. Not enough to completely overcome their fetish for the gun yet, but enough, just enough that with our intervention it could succeed.

The Surgeon - 22 votes. The Army Sergeant - 17 votes. The surgeon is saved. Perhaps a spark is born in their minds too, that through our example, their region would progress towards a kinder, gentler society.

---

In minor news, The Pollaetorian Guard could not resist an opportunity to tip The Black Riders' most recent poll:

The Black Riders • Tom Cruise Movie Appreciation Poll

The Grand Army of Black Riders Commander wrote:
This is somehow raid related. Anyone who says otherwise is a degenerate defender.

Minority Report - 3, Collateral - 2 , The Last Samurai - 25 , Edge of Tomorrow - 9 , Top Gun - 24

The poll was close even without us, only 1-2 votes separating which was surprising. (or there were other vote stackers out there). We commandeered to have The Last Samurai win because it's messages of loyalty, honour and remaining true to your values resonate more with The Pollaetorian Guard than the gung-ho militarism of Top Gun. Our personal pick would be Minority Report, since like us, it deals with thoughtcrime.

In RL, I love them all.
Last edited by Pollaetorian on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:32 am

In praise of...being humble about fame: The Universal Allegiance

"In praise of" is a series to highlight examples of correct voting in polls. While carrying out our arduous duties to educate the proles, it is quite easy for Pollaetorian Guards to only see the world in doom and gloom. It is important to the appreciate the rare occasions when the polling proles show they could be trusted to make the right decisions.

As Valentines Day approaches, and with it, the annual exhortation to think happy thoughts, The Pollaetorian Guard dedicate today's update to a region which showed great respect and humility to an intoxicating quality - fame.

The Universal Allegiance • For what reason would you rather be famous?

Inventing something that changes the world - 11 / Being an unstoppable criminal mastermind - 2 / Inheriting it - 0 / Film star - 2 / Politician - 3 / Creating something annoyingly popular on the internet - 1 / Other - 4

The Pollaetorian Guard is proud to see the residents in The Universal Allegiance desire fame for the right reasons. They recognise that fame must be earned by their own achievements and it should be bestowed only when they have made a significant impact to the world. Fame is for significant, worthwhile causes; not for mindless entertainment like being a movie star. We are especially delighted to see the laziest option, 'inheritance' got zero votes.

The Universal Allegiance's humble attitude to fame was exemplified when The Pollaetorian Guard tried to contact them. We received no reply to our requests for comment, probably feeling the result was just what is expected and un-needing of extra praise.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay