NATION

PASSWORD

Operation: Underground Labyrinth - Successful!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Correct. Though I fail to see what "proof" has to do with anything, as I don't care if you believe me or not. :lol2:

I will, however, be publishing my tactic in the GP guide soon, when I get the chance, under "Regional Destruction", in hopes that others will also join us in using it until there are no tag region left.

There will never be a day when there are no founderless regions on NS. Besides, even if you manage to stop tag raiding, invaders will simply turn back to the ye olden days of raiding, infiltration and occupation.

Fine by me.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
There will never be a day when there are no founderless regions on NS. Besides, even if you manage to stop tag raiding, invaders will simply turn back to the ye olden days of raiding, infiltration and occupation.

Fine by me.

I would also like to point out the redundant nature of defeating tag raiding by tag raiding. You simply shall only be providing TBR more opportunities to tag then ever, and if you think that this whole "No proof, take my word for it" is going to change that, you're wrong. Tell me, how many regions that TBR has tagged have you heard of?
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:43 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Fine by me.

I would also like to point out the redundant nature of defeating tag raiding by tag raiding. You simply shall only be providing TBR more opportunities to tag then ever, and if you think that this whole "No proof, take my word for it" is going to change that, you're wrong. Tell me, how many regions that TBR has tagged have you heard of?

I monitor all of the destroyed regions daily, so I am well aware with what goes on here in NS.

Destroying =/= tag raiding

The tag raiding was merely bait. Besides, as everyone knows, defending is a poor long-term solution, but raiding makes everyone hate you.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

I monitor all of the destroyed regions daily, so I am well aware with what goes on here in NS.

Finally! Someone smart enough to use The Ultimate Defender Tool! :P

The Mighty Warrior Horse
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Warrior Horse » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

The tag raiding was merely bait. Besides, as everyone knows, defending is a poor long-term solution, but raiding makes everyone hate you.

Frisivisia wrote:
Costa Alegria wrote:
We have reports that Osama bin Laden was killed by a man by the name of 420SkillzSwag1337.

Divair wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
You wouldn't thin the herd by reducing the producers. Duh. You reduce it by eliminating the unproductive.
So we eat the poor.
*nods*
Conserative Morality » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 pm
Because marijuana is a gateway drug. If you smoke it too often, it opens up portals to Satan.

Ifreann wrote:
There is much we can learn from the noble bonobo, and I fling my shit at all who disagree.
I could not give a hoot about how left or right you are
Just do not make bad tasting brownies
Mallorea and Riva should be a toaster

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:48 pm

The Mighty Warrior Horse wrote:
Nephmir wrote:I monitor all of the destroyed regions daily, so I am well aware with what goes on here in NS.

Oh, don't worry, a bigger one is in the making. :lol2:

Hmm... I suppose I should go withdraw more embassies.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Nephmir wrote:
The Mighty Warrior Horse wrote:

Oh, don't worry, a bigger one is in the making. :lol2:

And TBR literally couldn't care less right now.
But thanks for sharing!
Last edited by Valrifell on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Mighty Warrior Horse
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Warrior Horse » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:51 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Oh, don't worry, a bigger one is in the making. :lol2:

But thanks for sharing!

^ Pretty much this
Literally no one gives a dingily dong if you destroy tags.
Its like when we detag. I mean its a thing, but it doesn't do anything.
Frisivisia wrote:
Costa Alegria wrote:
We have reports that Osama bin Laden was killed by a man by the name of 420SkillzSwag1337.

Divair wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
You wouldn't thin the herd by reducing the producers. Duh. You reduce it by eliminating the unproductive.
So we eat the poor.
*nods*
Conserative Morality » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 pm
Because marijuana is a gateway drug. If you smoke it too often, it opens up portals to Satan.

Ifreann wrote:
There is much we can learn from the noble bonobo, and I fling my shit at all who disagree.
I could not give a hoot about how left or right you are
Just do not make bad tasting brownies
Mallorea and Riva should be a toaster

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Oh, don't worry, a bigger one is in the making. :lol2:

But thanks for sharing!

Actually the situation is quite comedic on several levels. Take this region for example: https://www.nationstates.net/region=americana

We tagged it awhile ago. Then one of Nephmir's puppets (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=commended) as part of his labyrinth scheme moved in. However, before he could employ his "one of a kind strategy" the defenders password protected it with their own sleeper.

You know guys if you just moved your nations out, then they would die.

Lord Nuke Is So Kewl
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Nuke Is So Kewl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

Is your ultimate goal to become the biggest fool to ever grace NS?

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Is that your only example?

Also that puppet is not mine. I remember all my puppets because I look at their names every day.

I'd like to thank the UDL, by the way. Password protecting the regions really helped to destroy them quicker!
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Lord Nuke Is So Kewl wrote:
Nephmir wrote:I monitor all of the destroyed regions daily, so I am well aware with what goes on here in NS.

Is your ultimate goal to become the biggest fool to ever grace NS?

It was all in good sport, Nuke. Lighten up.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:16 pm

Upon taking several painful minutes to list founderless regions boastfully flying the TEK flag, I have come to the final count of...
21! Yay? No, wait, that's bad...

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:32 pm

Valrifell wrote:Upon taking several painful minutes to list founderless regions boastfully flying the TEK flag, I have come to the final count of...
21! Yay? No, wait, that's bad...

I'm still working on it. Keep counting.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:36 pm

Nephmir wrote:Is that your only example?

Also that puppet is not mine. I remember all my puppets because I look at their names every day.

I'd like to thank the UDL, by the way. Password protecting the regions really helped to destroy them quicker!

It's an illustrative example. There are more: https://www.nationstates.net/region=singapura

If people want to find more of your puppets then they can use NS++. If you and the defenders want to eject and password protect each other out of regions then by all means carry on. Rather than doing the easy thing of just letting the region die you naturally picked the TEK way of doing things, cumbersome and inefficient.

Kknight
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 12, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Kknight » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Several regions were destroyed and refounded by Nephmir and Unified Protectors, followed by a commander leading a tag raid on these regions once the founder CTEd, in addition to TBR territory. The Black Riders, being the "Elite Cavalry" they are, would then laugh and insult us, followed by tagging each of these regions the following update, constructing an embassy with them.

Today, as you are reading this report, we will be withdrawing embassies with approximately 50 of these regions, merely as a display of power over TBR. The rest will be left where they are for future use in our next major operation, "The Armageddon Bomb".

So basically, you and another person went and created a bunch of regions, left delegate controls on or let the founder cte just so you could actually have a "victory" somewhere down the road? That's sad. But a high level of dedication in order to feel like you actually accomplished something. Good job on making yourself feel important.

Yosolu
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yosolu » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:49 pm

Kknight wrote:
Nephmir wrote:
Several regions were destroyed and refounded by Nephmir and Unified Protectors, followed by a commander leading a tag raid on these regions once the founder CTEd, in addition to TBR territory. The Black Riders, being the "Elite Cavalry" they are, would then laugh and insult us, followed by tagging each of these regions the following update, constructing an embassy with them.

Today, as you are reading this report, we will be withdrawing embassies with approximately 50 of these regions, merely as a display of power over TBR. The rest will be left where they are for future use in our next major operation, "The Armageddon Bomb".

So basically, you and another person went and created a bunch of regions, left delegate controls on or let the founder cte just so you could actually have a "victory" somewhere down the road? That's sad. But a high level of dedication in order to feel like you actually accomplished something. Good job on making yourself feel important.

I think you wanted to quote that part but thats exactly it :lol:
The Underground Labyrinth is not yet fully completed, however it is in useable condition and our troops march through it as we speak, and is a vast network of over 500 CTEd founder puppets in regions of varying sizes and ages, created specifically to bait Raiders into raiding or occupying them.

Kknight
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 12, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Kknight » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Yeah, I didn't actually read the thing. Just skimmed through.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Kknight wrote:So basically, you and another person went and created a bunch of regions, left delegate controls on or let the founder cte just so you could actually have a "victory" somewhere down the road?

That's TEK for you.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:12 pm

Gest wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Is that your only example?

It's an illustrative example. There are more: https://www.nationstates.net/region=singapura

If people want to find more of your puppets then they can use NS++. If you and the defenders want to eject and password protect each other out of regions then by all means carry on. Rather than doing the easy thing of just letting the region die you naturally picked the TEK way of doing things, cumbersome and inefficient.

These Stealth Switch raids are highly efficient. There are no nations left in the region because we eject them all beforehand.

I know, between your and KKnight's response, I see that you have trouble grasping such a concept. My apologies if I like to finish the job instead of spamming and leaving.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:18 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Gest wrote:

These Stealth Switch raids are highly efficient. There are no nations left in the region because we eject them all beforehand.

I know, between your and KKnight's response, I see that you have trouble grasping such a concept. My apologies if I like to finish the job instead of spamming and leaving.

No you miss the point like you miss important refounds. It would be easier for you to eject everyone and then just let the region die. Instead you decided to engage in this bizarre scheme to refound them yourself and set them up as elaborate traps. The problem with the trap idea is we don't really care if we trigger them.

Nice flag by the way does it indicate you're in super secret stealthy mode now Nephmir? By the way Stealth Switch, which you did not invent, is never going to catch on no matter how hard you try to push it. Just say it aloud and you'll see it doesn't flow.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:19 pm

I'll let someone more experienced in NationStates speak for me, with a fitting analogy of this situation:

20:17 - Todd_McCloud - That's like playing a sports game with the second player controller unplugged.
20:17 - Xoriet - xD
20:17 - Todd_McCloud - Of course you're going to pitch a no hitter
Last edited by RiderSyl on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Gest wrote:
Nephmir wrote:These Stealth Switch raids are highly efficient. There are no nations left in the region because we eject them all beforehand.

No you miss the point like you miss important refounds. It would be easier for you to eject everyone and then just let the region die. Instead you decided to engage in this bizarre scheme to refound them yourself and set them up as elaborate traps. The problem with the trap idea is we don't really care if we trigger them.

Nice flag by the way does it indicate you're in super secret stealthy mode now Nephmir? By the way Stealth Switch, which you did not invent, is never going to catch on no matter how hard you try to push it. Just say it aloud and you'll see it doesn't flow.

Just yesterday TBR was mocking me for doing nothing. Now I do something, I am still mocked.

Ah, speaking to TBR is like speaking to a wall.

Read my posts again, please, I am tired of repeating myself.

Also the flag is my forum avatar for regional forums, I use it all the time.

Here's my guide to Stealth Switching (copied from the TEK forums), by the way. I'll pretty it up for the guide sometimes soon:
Guide to Stealth Switching
The tactic used for destroying multiple regions in one update cycle.

Important Notice: This guide is highly classified, and may not be revealed to anyone without direct permission from Nephmir. Failure to comply may result in banjection and banishment from the region and forums.

This thread is open for questions and general discussion concerning the tactic.

Raiders have made the mistake of keeping Stealth Raiding and Update Raiding separate. When you combine them, you get the ultimate form of raiding, with qualities from each. It takes mastering both Update Raiding and Stealth Raiding to begin to master Stealth Switching, hence why we teach both to new arrivals and only teach this to the Knights, or those who show great potential.

In a stealth switch raid, the less people supporting, the better. There should, ideally, be only one point/timekeep and one supporter. The Timekeep and Point are always the same person, just referred to as the leader or "Point".

Preparing to support a stealth raid
1) Create a set of 7-14+ clean puppets.
2) Leave them in the feeders, just answering issues until the "Applied to join the WA" is covered up off of the national happenings.

You now have puppets ready to support a stealth raid.

Preparing to lead a stealth raid
1) Create a set of 7-14+ clean puppets.
2) Move them into your desired targets, slowly over a few hours or days.
3) Apply to join the WA as you place them.
4) Answer your first 4 issues.
5) Continue solving issues until the application is covered.
6) Allow the puppets to gather some influence.
7) Gather the times and create your list.
8-) Launch the raid.

Raid day/final preparations
1) The leader goes through and answers an issue in each target.
2) The list should be double checked.
3) The final list is given to the supporter.
4) The supporter places all puppets in the target regions over the course of a few hours.
5) Create the IRC. Do not join the WA with any nations yet.
6) Begin the stealth switch raid.

How to stealth switch -during the update
1) The point posts the first target region 60-90 seconds before it approaches. The point and support both join the WA with the nations in the first region on the list.
2) The point posts the nation to endorse.
3) The support endorses that nation.
4) Both raiders view the regional happenings page.
5) You'll know if the region has already updated when the legislation has passed. If it has not passed yet, wait until the region updates. This is an advantage that Update Raiding doesn't provide you (the issues were answered before the update, as seen in "raid day").
6) When elected delegate, both nations resign, but do not switch.
7) 1 minute before the next target, the Point posts the target. Both then switch to the nation in that target. The process is repeated until all regions have been captured or the update is over.

How to stealth switch- after the update
1) Do not move any nations.
2) Do not tag any regions.
3) The Support slowly moves out his or her nations a few hours after the update, over the span of a few hours.
4) When the next update begins, the Point ejects all nations and leaves the region, letting it CTE.
5) Do not refound the regions.
6) Submit the list of destroyed regions to Nephmir. Your mission is now accomplished.
7) All puppets are now dirty and should be left to CTE. A new set is required for the next raid.

Distractors/other supporters
1) Your tracks must be covered. In a stealth switch raid, there is a new role, called a "Distractor".
2) You can have as many Distractors as you wish. Distractors can do two things.
3) Number 1- Distractors can cover your tracks by tag raiding other targets (drawing attention away from the stealth switch raid). These Distractors are classified as "Other supporters". Another region on a tag raid at the same time could even be classified as "other supporters"!
4) Number 2- Distractors can place 5-7 puppets in large regions and simply switch between them periodically and randomly endorse every WA nation in the region. This covers up the world happenings page filtered on "endorsements" and "WA members", allowing you to raid freely, virtually unseen, since you cannot be tracked any other way since movement between regions is not required during the update.

Speed record is 3 regions in less than 45 seconds, if anyone's interested.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Yosolu
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yosolu » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:03 pm

What's the point of destroying those useless regions though? You either do large raids that will last days, get some response from natives and defender, or you tag to fill the gap, keep active and practice.
The whole point of your tactic is supposedly hurting raiders, but it doesn't really. So whats the point?

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Nephmir wrote:Just yesterday TBR was mocking me for doing nothing. Now I do something, I am still mocked.

Yes that was our fault. We should have known that when dealing with TEK we should have explicitly said to do something intelligent.

Stealth Switching

Never going to catch on. You're the only person who thinks it's a worthwhile idea to refound dead regions to make tag traps.
Last edited by Gest on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay