NATION

PASSWORD

People's Republic of The Communist Bloc

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pereslavl-Zalessky
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pereslavl-Zalessky » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:17 am

Comrade Anders Blakewood wrote:Could people lay off Zenny for once, she's a human being, like you, and has more important things to do than waste her time reading your crap.

Could people stop requesting easy treatment for people that destroy regional governments and institute dictatorships? This is the case in point. It's the same sob sad poor zenny story. Could've been avoided had she literally not coup'd her own region and turned against several former members of government.
Last edited by Pereslavl-Zalessky on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
President Yuri Dolgorukiy of the Grand Republic of Pereslval-Zalessky

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:26 am

Comrade Anders Blakewood wrote:Could people lay off Zenny for once, she's a human being, like you, and has more important things to do than waste her time reading your crap.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but since when has that stopped anyone in gameplay?
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:43 pm

Pereslavl-Zalessky wrote:
Zenya wrote:Emotional blackmail? Ohh jeez, you need to stop right now. I have no idea who you are first off. You have no right to dictate to me about the friendships I form in this game. I am always genuine about my feelings, sometimes that gets me into trouble in a game of politics but overall I'm here for making friends and building a community as hard as both those things are in competitive environments. It couldn't possibly be that maybe I've spent the last 2 years of my life working on TCB and putting my heart and mind into it and people admire me for doing so, no, just some cult. You don't gain large followings (I still do not consider mine cultish especially now that I favor de-Zennyistification of the Bloc) by sitting on your butt. Sure admiration is nice, but only if you work extremely hard to gain it which I am confident I have done.

As for being a horrible leader, well in what way? You may not like the style in which I lead (although I don't think you have a tiny shred of knowledge regarding it) but its obviously not that horrible since we're right behind 10000 Islands and are the 2nd largest UCR. I mean right now I'm only the "leader" by having ROOT admin, the revolution is a large group effort but I was deemed the best person to declare it.

You don't simply turn on a dime and decide to do everything you were so passionately against mere weeks and months ago. There's a difference between a cult and a following of friends. You have a cult, because opposition is denied any avenues for speaking out. The fact that you decided to coup your entire region, shred your constitution and break every law in the region is clear evidence to me that you don't know how to govern. Instead of working with all your members, you decided to do what you do best: whatever you want to do, with disregard for everyone else.

There are plenty of people who oppose various Zenny proposed things on their own merit who are not denied avenue such as Brunhilde and Mindbending Marxists.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:57 pm

More important things such as screwing over TCB and being a tyrant? :p
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

Pereslavl-Zalessky
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Pereslavl-Zalessky » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:17 pm

Solorni wrote:

You don't simply turn on a dime and decide to do everything you were so passionately against mere weeks and months ago. There's a difference between a cult and a following of friends. You have a cult, because opposition is denied any avenues for speaking out. The fact that you decided to coup your entire region, shred your constitution and break every law in the region is clear evidence to me that you don't know how to govern. Instead of working with all your members, you decided to do what you do best: whatever you want to do, with disregard for everyone else.

There are plenty of people who oppose various Zenny proposed things on their own merit who are not denied avenue such as Brunhilde and Mindbending Marxists.

Both of those are generally in the clique mentioned elsewhere. People like Lentrotka and others can often be sidelined, and evidence of this is also, elsewhere. Regardless of this, there is no justification for declaring a constitution void, and installing you and your friends as dictators and declaring other members of the opposing government, formerly your friends, traitors.

Zenny
Attaché

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zenny » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:02 pm

Solorni wrote:There are plenty of people who oppose various Zenny proposed things on their own merit who are not denied avenue such as Brunhilde and Mindbending Marxists.

Both of those are generally in the clique mentioned elsewhere. People like Lentrotka and others can often be sidelined, and evidence of this is also, elsewhere. Regardless of this, there is no justification for declaring a constitution void, and installing you and your friends as dictators and declaring other members of the opposing government, formerly your friends, traitors.

Brunhilde was never apart of any clique, shes a pretty universally admired figure for some of the things shes done. Even the self-exiled folks cheered her on. But when she vanished for 4 days after a previous 14 day absence to the hospital, we had to do something since things were falling apart very quickly. This could have been smoother had she or her RL husband who we know gave us any notice that she was in Germany for a few days but we thought she was gone again for a long time, she knows that you have to post leaves otherwise you can't blame others when your position is no longer yours. Lentrotka retired from NS as apart of I beleive his moving to Israel. Mindbending Marxists nor Brunhilde have ever been apart of any Zennyist clique and have always been fairly vocal in their opposition to it. We literally since the start of this have had to ban 1 person only, and that was advocating for a coup to overthrow the PRTCB. Thats where we draw the line and I feel its perfectly reasonable. Beleive me, if we wanted a dictatorship, I could easily just ban everyone who said otherwise in a matter or minutes, but that is not what we want at all, we are changing minds and hearts through discussion and comradeship, not intimidation and force.

And these people who self-exiled themselves are not my "former friends" as if it was a sudden change, I don't feel the need to share Skype screenshots here but the insults and hate that they have been spewing for the last 4 months in their private groups has been truly hurtful from those who I thought were my comrades but were simply putting on a nice smile in public while plotting to bring in foreign soldiers to depose the old republic, kick me, and kick all people associating with me from the region and ban our IPs.

You have no special insight into the current situation and are just going out of your way to fight me, cause a scene, drum up some fake drama.
~ Comrade Zenny ~
~ Revolutionary Leader of Wintercrest ~

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Zenny wrote:And these people who self-exiled themselves are not my "former friends" as if it was a sudden change, I don't feel the need to share Skype screenshots here but the insults and hate that they have been spewing for the last 4 months in their private groups has been truly hurtful from those who I thought were my comrades but were simply putting on a nice smile in public while plotting to bring in foreign soldiers to depose the old republic, kick me, and kick all people associating with me from the region and ban our IPs.

This is the internet, if you get hurt over what people say then you're doing it wrong.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:37 pm

Zenny wrote:

You have no special insight into the current situation and are just going out of your way to fight me, cause a scene, drum up some fake drama.

This is Gameplay.
All of the drama is fake.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Zenny
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zenny » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:47 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Zenny wrote:And these people who self-exiled themselves are not my "former friends" as if it was a sudden change, I don't feel the need to share Skype screenshots here but the insults and hate that they have been spewing for the last 4 months in their private groups has been truly hurtful from those who I thought were my comrades but were simply putting on a nice smile in public while plotting to bring in foreign soldiers to depose the old republic, kick me, and kick all people associating with me from the region and ban our IPs.

This is the internet, if you get hurt over what people say then you're doing it wrong.

If people wish to play the game as manipulative and two-faced then that is ok. But TCB was made specifically in defiance of that unspoken rule in NationStates. We are a socially-focused region where friendship and loyalty are highly valued.

I am not hurt about what some randoms said, but why should I be put down when I feel bad that the people who smile and talk to me as their friend publicly talk about me in private as if I am hindering the community and that everything about my career in NS is due to my gender and (According to them) bribing moderation and all world leaders with nude photographs to gain their favor? Its more than just "we disagree with you on these issues", its hurtful slander which objectifies and humiliaties me in a community that I've managed almost all on my own at times. I don't understand why its unacceptable for me to want respect for all the work that I've done and be sort of hurt when it turns out that some not only think I've done nothing, but think my only asset is being a woman and manipulating the powerful men in this game.
~ Comrade Zenny ~

King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby King Nephmir II » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:02 pm

Last I checked, founders had complete control over the course and direction of their region. If a government is proven to be ineffective, the founder has the right to establish another that he or she thinks will be better.

Quite frankly, to those getting involved in TCB's political affairs: it's none of your business, and nothing you do or say will affect what happens. Get over yourselves.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:36 pm

Zenny wrote:But TCB was made specifically in defiance of that unspoken rule in NationStates. We are a socially-focused region where friendship and loyalty are highly valued.

There's a not so secret weapon to counter social regions.....ever met Gov? :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:41 pm

King Nephmir II wrote:Last I checked, founders had complete control over the course and direction of their region. If a government is proven to be ineffective, the founder has the right to establish another that he or she thinks will be better.

Quite frankly, to those getting involved in TCB's political affairs: it's none of your business, and nothing you do or say will affect what happens. Get over yourselves.

A Founder should rule the region how their populace see fit. A Founder is a servant of a people, the people are not servants to the Founder.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

Pereslavl-Zalessky
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Pereslavl-Zalessky » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:50 pm

King Nephmir II wrote:Last I checked, founders had complete control over the course and direction of their region. If a government is proven to be ineffective, the founder has the right to establish another that he or she thinks will be better.

Guess what a region is when a founder is doing what he wants and everyone leaves the region? A nation.

Pereslavl-Zalessky
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Pereslavl-Zalessky » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:51 pm

We literally since the start of this have had to ban 1 person only, and that was advocating for a coup to overthrow the PRTCB. Thats where we draw the line and I feel its perfectly reasonable.

Huh. Plotting to overthrow the government and reinstate the legitimate one. Go figure.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:52 pm

Luxdonia wrote:

A Founder should rule the region how their populace see fit. A Founder is a servant of a people, the people are not servants to the Founder.

Pretty sure 99% of the times Founders found on a whim, not to some prior commitment to the people. The denizens of a region aren't entitled to anything.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:42 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Luxdonia wrote:A Founder should rule the region how their populace see fit. A Founder is a servant of a people, the people are not servants to the Founder.

Pretty sure 99% of the times Founders found on a whim, not to some prior commitment to the people. The denizens of a region aren't entitled to anything.

I don't know how the rest of you build regions, but in my experience in successful regions the founder put far more thought than just a whim into founding, and people very much are entitled to certain rights. A region built upon the will of only the founder is pretty weak. The best ones imo are built on the collective ambitions of many friends.

The founder's power is bound at least morally by their responsibility to their people. Not abiding by the laws they themselves set shows remarkably poor leadership.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:02 pm

There are people who would disagree entirely which is what occurred during the TUK coup. Then and now, would a condemn motion ever pass for a founder who reneged on his region and broke their laws?
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:04 pm

Solorni wrote: Then and now, would a condemn motion ever pass for a founder who reneged on his region and broke their laws?

I can imagine so. A rouge Founder is pretty much the same as a rouge Delegate.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:06 pm

Luxdonia wrote:
Solorni wrote: Then and now, would a condemn motion ever pass for a founder who reneged on his region and broke their laws?

I can imagine so. A rouge Founder is pretty much the same as a rouge Delegate.

Huh?
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:07 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Luxdonia wrote:I can imagine so. A rouge Founder is pretty much the same as a rouge Delegate.

Huh?

It appears I have written that a red Founder is pretty much the same as a red Delegate. Just pretend it's got something to do with communism. :p
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Luxdonia wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Huh?

It appears I have written that a red Founder is pretty much the same as a red Delegate. Just pretend it's got something to do with communism. :p

Considering this is TCB, that actually kind of makes sense :lol:
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Zenny
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zenny » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:09 pm

I am not the Founder just to be clear.
~ Comrade Zenny ~

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:10 pm

Zenny wrote:I am not the Founder just to be clear.

You are Founder in all but name.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Luxdonia wrote:
Zenny wrote:I am not the Founder just to be clear.

You are Founder in all but name.

And, you know, nation, access, lack of influence costs, ownership, unlimited cosmic powers, itty-bitty living space.....
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Zenny
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zenny » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:19 am

Btw, great video put together our TCB Central TV team dispelling some of the rumors going around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVZVzGJMWfg
~ Comrade Zenny ~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay