NATION

PASSWORD

Republic of Channel Island: ¡Viva la Revolucíon!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

N/A

Yes
No votes
No
69%
Not sure yet
31%

Total votes : 13

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Republic of Channel Island: ¡Viva la Revolucíon!

Postby Canton Empire » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Republic Of Channel Island

Hello, I am Canton Empire. I have created a region, Republic of Channel Island. The last time I made a recruitment thread, it failed horridly. I know why now-- I have not explained why you should join. And now when I tell you the merits of joining, I will make you change your mind.

Why you should join
The Republic of Channel Island is a region where all views are accepted and welcome. You can be Communist, Facist, or whatever pleases you. We do not care. Everyone is welcome.
Roleplay:
The Republic of Channel Island is a region that tries to maintain a balance between roleplay and gameplay. Suggestions for roleplays are greatly welcome and encouraged. Current roleplays in the planning stage are Project: Mach Infinity,Assassins Creed: Rouge, and a Quiddich World Cup for NS Sports.
Gameplay:
If roleplay doesnt suit your fancy, then gameplay will. We are a defender region who can act a mercenary defenders group. The military force of the region is the Channel Island Army(CIA, except we dont wear snazzy suits and ties).
Embassies:
Embassies are welcome in Channel Island. RMB posting is allowed for embassing nations, so we extend are welcome to you.
Offsite Forums:
Our offsite forums are locatedhere. Make yourself at home.
With a great mod team and a friendly atmosphere, you will fit right in.
Regonal Asssembly:
The RA, or Regional Assembly is where laws are made an enacted in the region. Every member state is a part of this, and each member gets one vote. The Delegate is the Speaker of the RA.

That is all. I hope I have gotten you to join a cool,upstart region. Even if you just slip in a puppet, we are glad for your contribution.
If you have any questions, contact me by TG at Canton Empire. See you soon!
Last edited by Canton Empire on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 16 times in total.
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Perhaps you should try to work on the region rather than the recruitment thread?
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:25 pm

"Our offsite forums are located here. Make yourself at home."

Seems as though you could use a
Code: Select all
[url=your-regional-forum's-url-here]Here[/url]
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:04 pm

What's with the swap in threads; the last one was fine! :D
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Rifty wrote:What's with the swap in threads; the last one was fine! :D

^This, I have no idea, Canton, why you have to swap threads.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:11 pm

District XIV wrote:

^This, I have no idea, Canton, why you have to swap threads.

Too much bad press?
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
District XIV wrote:^This, I have no idea, Canton, why you have to swap threads.

Too much bad press?

I imagine as such.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:43 pm

District XIV wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:
Too much bad press?

I imagine as such.

If that's the case why no start a new region. He says it's a new upstart region...it's been around like 3 months
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Canton Empire
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:30 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:"Our offsite forums are located here. Make yourself at home."

Seems as though you could use a
Code: Select all
[url=your-regional-forum's-url-here]Here[/url]

I know, this was my original thread, and i lost all the coding in it.

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Yes, because nobody has ever founded a new region that requires a new thread.

:eyebrow:
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:08 pm

Shizensky wrote:

Yes, because nobody has ever founded a new region that requires a new thread.

:eyebrow:

Of course not <.< >.>

I would have been more than happy to have that thread still open...but oh no....there had to be a tif on there! :roll:

What i don't get is the switch from the other thread - Ultimatly this would come down to wanting recruits. However as we know not many come from your thread; it's more a way to tell the world about your region - not a major tool for recruitment. He would have been better off manually sending recruitment telelgrams during the time he asked for a lock and wrote a new thread.

And again - Can you remove the New, Upstart region part? You have been around two months...
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Armored Horse
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Armored Horse » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:01 pm

The Sapientia wrote:Perhaps you should try to work on the region rather than the recruitment thread?

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Ah, come on guys. Nobody starts out perfect or gets it right the first time around. You're expecting too much. Not everyone spends a year on NS before creating a region, and some people learn the hard way by trial and error. You're all comparing new regions like this one to ones established by experienced NS players; again, expecting everyone to create a region after they have spent a lot of time on NS and then pour money into recruitment telegrams is expecting too much, and it's going to happen whether you like it or not.

Every region has it's own definition of success. There are some regions tagged 'small' or 'medium' out there currently that are not acknowledged by the Gameplay community as a whole that are having as much 'success' in their goals as any other region tagged 'gargantuan' standing proudly and boasting about their successes to the smaller regions. There is an entire GP community out there that, quite frankly, regions like the UIAF, Sicarius, and AOI are too blinded by their 'success' to notice. Well guess what? Some of these small regions with great success don't even know the UIAF or AOI exists. Size and relative success of a region does not determine the importance of it!

Something to think about: when I destroyed Epigamia (a Raider region that specialized in regional destruction, acting as natives and taking down regions silently without boasting about their victories, destroying more than 20 regions before their fall), what was the general reaction of the GP community?

"They're not Raiders. I've never even heard of them".

Shameful. Absolutely shameful. One has to be heard of and acknowledged by the larger organizations to be considered a "real region"? And even worse, to be acknowledged you have to conform to one of the select few ideologies in existence! The rules have been now so clearly defined by the "big" regions that anyone who tries to do something different is seen as a noob, misguided, or unimportant.

And do you know where the success of these regions stem from? Not posting about their region in the GP forum. This is why I am seriously considering not even having a TEK thread when I revive the region later this year. I would much rather be associated with this silent majority them the elite oligarchy of NS players that control and dictate the world, who hide behind archaic rules to keep their ancient ideologies in power and fear change or innovation, and those misguided enough to follow in their footsteps. That, that is why I have always fought, and still will fight, until I am successful or I have encouraged someone better than I to rise up and fight. This Oligopoly is slowly killing the GP community off.

So, Canton Empire, I would highly encourage you to let this thread die, and just build your region. You're not going to get any help or recruits here, only destructive criticism and perhaps a sleeper or two so that the larger regions can have fun at your region's expense.

You all should feel ashamed.
Last edited by Nephmir on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:35 pm

"There is an entire GP community out there that, quite frankly, regions like the UIAF, Sicarius, and AOI are too blinded by their 'success' to notice. Well guess what? Some of these small regions with great success don't even know the UIAF or AOI exists. Size and relative success of a region does not determine the importance of it!"

Glad to see by omission they've heard of Sicarius then ;P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:39 am

Nephmir wrote:regions like the UIAF

The UIAF isn't really a region in itself (though it holds a region named after itself as a formality). It's the joint military of a number of regions; namely TNI, the LKE and Albion.

Also god knows why AOI was your second example. There are far more reputable regions you could have gone with that would still meet the criteria you wanted.

Had to edit because I went with the wrong quote. <_<
Last edited by Consular on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:26 am

Consular wrote:
Nephmir wrote:regions like the UIAF

The UIAF isn't really a region in itself (though it holds a region named after itself as a formality). It's the joint military of a number of regions; namely TNI, the LKE and Albion.

Also god knows why AOI was your second example. There are far more reputable regions you could have gone with that would still meet the criteria you wanted.

I think the reason we were factored in is because we are a direct offshoot from TEK
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:39 am

Alright, back on topic kids, and play nice.

Canton Empire
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:49 am

Rifty wrote:
Consular wrote:

I think the reason we were factored in is because we are a direct offshoot from TEK

You are not an offshoot of TEK, and you will never be. TEK was a better region, and nephmir is a better man. You arnt even in the same league as TEK, and AOI is not fit to carry on the work of TEK.
Nephmir wrote:Ah, come on guys. Nobody starts out perfect or gets it right the first time around. You're expecting too much. Not everyone spends a year on NS before creating a region, and some people learn the hard way by trial and error. You're all comparing new regions like this one to ones established by experienced NS players; again, expecting everyone to create a region after they have spent a lot of time on NS and then pour money into recruitment telegrams is expecting too much, and it's going to happen whether you like it or not.

Every region has it's own definition of success. There are some regions tagged 'small' or 'medium' out there currently that are not acknowledged by the Gameplay community as a whole that are having as much 'success' in their goals as any other region tagged 'gargantuan' standing proudly and boasting about their successes to the smaller regions. There is an entire GP community out there that, quite frankly, regions like the UIAF, Sicarius, and AOI are too blinded by their 'success' to notice. Well guess what? Some of these small regions with great success don't even know the UIAF or AOI exists. Size and relative success of a region does not determine the importance of it!

Something to think about: when I destroyed Epigamia (a Raider region that specialized in regional destruction, acting as natives and taking down regions silently without boasting about their victories, destroying more than 20 regions before their fall), what was the general reaction of the GP community?

Shameful. Absolutely shameful. One has to be heard of and acknowledged by the larger organizations to be considered a "real region"? And even worse, to be acknowledged you have to conform to one of the select few ideologies in existence! The rules have been now so clearly defined by the "big" regions that anyone who tries to do something different is seen as a noob, misguided, or unimportant.

And do you know where the success of these regions stem from? Not posting about their region in the GP forum. This is why I am seriously considering not even having a TEK thread when I revive the region later this year. I would much rather be associated with this silent majority them the elite oligarchy of NS players that control and dictate the world, who hide behind archaic rules to keep their ancient ideologies in power and fear change or innovation, and those misguided enough to follow in their footsteps. That, that is why I have always fought, and still will fight, until I am successful or I have encouraged someone better than I to rise up and fight. This Oligopoly is slowly killing the GP community off.

So, Canton Empire, I would highly encourage you to let this thread die, and just build your region. You're not going to get any help or recruits here, only destructive criticism and perhaps a sleeper or two so that the larger regions can have fun at your region's expense.

a great speech and an accurate view on the gameplay forum
Crazy girl wrote:Alright, back on topic kids, and play nice.
:hug: MUMMMMY!

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:33 am

Canton Empire wrote:
Rifty wrote:I think the reason we were factored in is because we are a direct offshoot from TEK

You are not an offshoot of TEK, and you will never be. TEK was a better region, and nephmir is a better man. You arnt even in the same league as TEK, and AOI is not fit to carry on the work of TEK.
Nephmir wrote:Ah, come on guys. Nobody starts out perfect or gets it right the first time around. You're expecting too much. Not everyone spends a year on NS before creating a region, and some people learn the hard way by trial and error. You're all comparing new regions like this one to ones established by experienced NS players; again, expecting everyone to create a region after they have spent a lot of time on NS and then pour money into recruitment telegrams is expecting too much, and it's going to happen whether you like it or not.

a great speech and an accurate view on the gameplay forum
Crazy girl wrote:Alright, back on topic kids, and play nice.
:hug: MUMMMMY!

By offshoot i mean we have a fair portion of their community - We in no way are furthering TEK's work. We are Imperialists part of Raider Unity...They were independents against Raider Unity. Now; no need to get all personal and attack me like that...we both know where that heads; don't we? :roll:
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Nephmir wrote:You all should feel ashamed.

Oh right,because you're so much to talk about and you're totally not hypocritical
Thats why the CoF thing happened
Or maybe you'd like the ragging your attack dog did on on the ""Gehenna - Reapers of Death"" thread while the rest were supportive of the actual feats

You're mistaking ragging on someone for legit reasons (i mean,come on,look at this guy and his region) for ragging on someone for no reason
Ofcourse we're going to haze the newcomers,it either fuels the fire for them to improve or they disappear and we had some fun

And TEK? TEK is just fun to mess with
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Canton Empire
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
Nephmir wrote:You all should feel ashamed.

Oh right,because you're so much to talk about and you're totally not hypocritical
Thats why the CoF thing happened
Or maybe you'd like the ragging your attack dog did on on the ""Gehenna - Reapers of Death"" thread while the rest were supportive of the actual feats

You're mistaking ragging on someone for legit reasons (i mean,come on,look at this guy and his region) for ragging on someone for no reason
Ofcourse we're going to haze the newcomers,it either fuels the fire for them to improve or they disappear and we had some fun

And TEK? TEK is just fun to mess with

No, you just want to be mean and condesending.
Now if you will excuse me, I have better things to do then try to destroy a persons confidence.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Blood Wine wrote:Ofcourse we're going to haze the newcomers,it either fuels the fire for them to improve or they disappear and we had some fun

That attitude sums up everything that is wrong with gameplay.

Port Able
Civilian

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Able » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:23 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:Ofcourse we're going to haze the newcomers,it either fuels the fire for them to improve or they disappear and we had some fun

That attitude sums up everything that is wrong with gameplay.

Jesus christ Sedge,lighten up for once will ya? stop blaming others for your own ineptitude to actually defend regions,i mean come on,even I did a raid recently

I mean come on! *me* the horrible loudmouth who doesn't do a thing yet still is loud does his job better then you,or ANY defender (besides DYP) for that matter

You know what is REALLY wrong with GP?
RPers raising drama and ruining any chance for actual proper dialogue regarding the use of the SC
Defenders using bigger *censored* politics to ruin everyones days
FRA being jerks to TBH and going back on their word

But SURE,some people having fun with a upstart is *EVERYTHING* wrong with gameplay

blarg,forum desyc
for the oblivious: I'm Blood Wine
Last edited by Port Able on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:11 pm

Sedge's comment has nothing to do with R/D and everything to do with the seemingly popular act of bullying anybody who shows a hint of ambition into oblivion. People who introduce new ideas are often ridiculed for the most asinine reasons. People like you would rather make fun of naive noobs than simply provide legitimately constructive criticism.

Treating new players with new ideas like second class players is nothing short of poisonous, and that behavior damages NS's potential growth. Don't make this about R/D when it is about the attitude you and many others bring that has made it acceptable to crush new players before they take their first real steps.

What have you accomplished that makes you think you have the right to tell others they are playing the game wrong?
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:38 pm

Look even i have to side with Sedge on this - Gameplay specifically but also the rest of NS is far to harsh on the new people. If someone new asks me some questions or help i am always ready to answer them. However Canton isn't a new player...He's been here a few months. I have and others like District XIV, have given him tips and explained things to him - Only to have him say that we are wrong and how he's doing it is right.

Not to mention the opinion changes - They are painful. "You are the greatest - Help me!" "NO HE IS WAY BETTER THAN YOU!"

I just feel that we should help them learn until they show that they are arrogant~
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads