NATION

PASSWORD

Gameplay Advice Thread - We're here to help!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Axphaine
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Axphaine » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:21 pm

I have a question. If you check out my nation I have fairly good stats, however I'm quite new - obviously. I want to change my economy over from private industry to mostly government to eliminate price gaps, considering welfare is almost 20% of my funding by now, and my nation description has the words "hobo's litter the streets" in it. Any advice helps. Thanks.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:56 pm

Axphaine wrote:I have a question. If you check out my nation I have fairly good stats, however I'm quite new - obviously. I want to change my economy over from private industry to mostly government to eliminate price gaps, considering welfare is almost 20% of my funding by now, and my nation description has the words "hobo's litter the streets" in it. Any advice helps. Thanks.

The best thing you could do is empower the poor and put more restrictions on capitalism. The only way to do so is through the power of issues, never agree with the business mogul and you might hit a snag in the economy, but your equality will improve with time.

(Though you might want to look into holding more free elections as well ;))
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Arnoria
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arnoria » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:05 am

Help anyone? I am a WA delegate (Regional Governor) in my region for the second term, and I proposed a reformation. However, the Founder said:
The Office of Regional Governor is for non - RP purposes. I suggest that we set up a new RP as you suggested. However as Regional Governor your primary focus is on issues that affect the Region OOC

Such as? Everything from the parliament to the elections are IC, and I don't even understand on how I should do my job as a WA delegate on issues that affect the Region in OOC.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:12 am

Perhaps you should ask your region's founder exactly what he expects of you?

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:21 am

Hallo I'm in the process of retooling my national Factbook to look more realistic/professional what are some simple/not overly complex guides for displaying ones military might if y'all want to view my Factbook as is just type in (Gig em Aggies national Factbook)
or click here http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=272943 ps I'm open to any Factbook advice not just for my military but overall like displaying major cities environments, history and such.

Ps what would you rate my Factbook as is right now?
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:59 am

This is not a roleplay forum. Try discussing your factbook in the Factbooks & National Information forum.

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:29 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:Hallo I'm in the process of retooling my national Factbook to look more realistic/professional what are some simple/not overly complex guides for displaying ones military might if y'all want to view my Factbook as is just type in (Gig em Aggies national Factbook)
or click here http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=272943 ps I'm open to any Factbook advice not just for my military but overall like displaying major cities environments, history and such.

Ps what would you rate my Factbook as is right now?

Factbook Q&A thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=331492
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

Yymea
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:52 am

I have problems with the issue "Bigtopian Bigwigs beset border" What will happen if I choose option one (Sending the war criminals back to bigtopia) option two (Waiting until bigtopia has settled down) or option three? (Keeping the Bigtopian scientists)
I want to choose option three, but if there is an option that would raise my political freedom, I would choose that one.
Linnuis wrote: There's nothing at all stupid about the all leftists under twenty-fives online football challenge match... against the fascists.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:55 am

Yymea wrote:I have problems with the issue "Bigtopian Bigwigs beset border" What will happen if I choose option one (Sending the war criminals back to bigtopia) option two (Waiting until bigtopia has settled down) or option three? (Keeping the Bigtopian scientists)
I want to choose option three, but if there is an option that would raise my political freedom, I would choose that one.

Hey - not too familiar with the option itself.

That's more of a question for this: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewforum.php?f=13 - Individual issue questions belong there, while more general trend types I believe stay here.

I took the liberty to create a topic there for you:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=356597

Good luck.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Gwendar
Political Columnist

Founded: May 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

economy help

Postby Gwendar » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:27 am

Hi, well, I'm not the newest here, but I'm still having a free problems.

My economy is horrendous,

My other stats are altight, but my economy is so very terrible.

I'd like to stay an environmentally friendly, kind and pacifist nation if at all possible.

What do I do?

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:18 am

Gwendar wrote:Hi, well, I'm not the newest here, but I'm still having a free problems.

My economy is horrendous,

My other stats are altight, but my economy is so very terrible.

I'd like to stay an environmentally friendly, kind and pacifist nation if at all possible.

What do I do?

Pick issues which allow for more economic freedom, don't pick any issues which will deploy or increase your military, and pick issues which protect the environment.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

Dwarfpolis
Envoy

Founded: Oct 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dwarfpolis » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:43 am

Is there a real point to funding spirituality?(I'm pretty new tbh)

Other than making my population more religious(I assume) and more stupid(Reddit-tier tbh) does it actually influence anything else?

And if I want to maintain a religious population, but not give too much of my money away, what percentage of funding should I aim for?
Last edited by Dwarfpolis on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
You have read this siggy just so you could know that Trotterdam is a real Left-Leaning College State and a real hero

Ok this austerity bit will hurt my intelligence stat a little and this industrial option will bite the environment but it doesn't seem anything to bAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
https://i.imgur.com/KwZK4Mm.jpg

When you finally got out of your good stat depression and the mods will boost your HDI and lifespan into 91+ with the new beta
https://i.imgur.com/C5nuNya.jpg

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:44 pm

Dwarfpolis wrote:what percentage of funding should I aim for?

There's really no way to accurately set funding levels. As for what you aim for, that's entirely your choice. There's no way to "win" or "lose" at this game - it's all about trying to create the nation YOU want. No one else's opinion matters in the slightest.

Guay Guay
Civilian

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

New to this game

Postby Guay Guay » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:00 am

So ive playing nation States for a month or two now and I get the jist of it. But what else can I do? I knows theres raiding and stuff but how do I do that? and I have a friend playing as well how do I endorse them?

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:26 am

Guay Guay wrote:So ive playing nation States for a month or two now and I get the jist of it. But what else can I do? I knows theres raiding and stuff but how do I do that? and I have a friend playing as well how do I endorse them?

If you're interested in raiding, I'd suggest visiting a raider region like DEN, TBH or another invader region. In the mean time, This is a raiding guide that I made, it may answer some of your questions.

In order to endorse another nation, both nations must be in the World Assembly and in the same region. At the bottom of the nation page there is a button that says "Endorse" All you need to do is click that. :)
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Dwarfpolis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dwarfpolis » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:17 pm

HELP PLS

MY ECONOMY DROPPED BY ~7 POINTS AND I DON'T KNOW WHY. I DID LITERALLY NOTHING.

(I did make gambling illegal, is this related to it? Wat do 2 fix?)

(My economic freedom went down, so I assume this is the fault of how I handled the issue. Seriouslypls wat do.)
Last edited by Dwarfpolis on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You have read this siggy just so you could know that Trotterdam is a real Left-Leaning College State and a real hero

Ok this austerity bit will hurt my intelligence stat a little and this industrial option will bite the environment but it doesn't seem anything to bAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

When you finally got out of your good stat depression and the mods will boost your HDI and lifespan into 91+ with the new beta

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Dwarfpolis wrote:I DID LITERALLY NOTHING.

I haven't looked at your specific issues or stats, but note that you're a WA member. Both issues and WA resolutions affect your stats, the latter even when you "do nothing". The only way to avoid that is to resign from the WA.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:52 pm

Dwarfpolis wrote:HELP PLS

MY ECONOMY DROPPED BY ~7 POINTS AND I DON'T KNOW WHY. I DID LITERALLY NOTHING.

(I did make gambling illegal, is this related to it? Wat do 2 fix?)

(My economic freedom went down, so I assume this is the fault of how I handled the issue. Seriouslypls wat do.)

First off: Don't Panic

I would guess that the gambling issue was the cause. It should help you in other ways (lower crime).

All you can do is wait for other issues to come round, and use those to rebuild your economy. 7 points is not huge.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Palioxixis
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

How do you create links?

Postby Palioxixis » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:32 pm

I not quite sure how it works :?
!ܐܚ

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:21 pm

Palioxixis wrote:I not quite sure how it works :?

Is this what you mean?

Code: Select all
[url=https://encrypted.google.com]This links to Google[/url]

Becomes:

This links to Google

Palioxixis
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Palioxixis » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:59 pm

Consular wrote:
Palioxixis wrote:I not quite sure how it works :?

Is this what you mean?

Code: Select all
[url=https://encrypted.google.com]This links to Google[/url]

Becomes:

This links to Google

Thank you :)
!ܐܚ

Dwarfpolis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dwarfpolis » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:16 am

(My economy got even worse due to another poor decision. On the bright side, nobody is dying from heart disease anymore.)

How do I deal with "Acts of God" deaths? They're getting out of hand and if I have a poor nation, at least I'd like if people weren't dying en masse from things they can't control.
Last edited by Dwarfpolis on Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Supreme Council Of Himalaya
Civilian

Founded: Sep 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Appointing a regional officer

Postby The Supreme Council Of Himalaya » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:40 am

Okay so my region was recently taken over by another and they did it by appointing someone as officer (specifically vice delegate) instead of delegate. And I was wondering how you do that (appoint an officer) in your own reigion

Rivercastle
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rivercastle » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:43 am

The Supreme Council Of Himalaya wrote:Okay so my region was recently taken over by another and they did it by appointing someone as officer (specifically vice delegate) instead of delegate. And I was wondering how you do that (appoint an officer) in your own reigion

Since you're not the founder, get someone to endorse you so you can be a Delegate. With Delegate(executive) powers go to the Regional Controls page, and you should find the section that allows you to appoint a regional officer.
What I'm doing right now: Chilling out in the Coffee House, writing issues with Singapore no2.
Like writing issues too? Come join us in the Coffee House, where you'll get a free flow of any coffee of your choice!

Also, I'm the founder of Tranquility Sphere, a region where all are welcome.

Palioxixis
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Formatting Tags

Postby Palioxixis » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:51 pm

What are the nation and region tags used for?
!ܐܚ

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay