NATION

PASSWORD

Gameplay Advice Thread - We're here to help!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rhothschildia
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhothschildia » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Reino do Brazil wrote:My national animal is the country's main meal. well, the portuguese podengo is my dog in real life and I've got no intention in eating him. is it possible to take out the "its also the nation favorite main meal"? Thanks

(Image)

Your podengo is absolutely adorable! Of course you shouldn't eat him - he's needed for service!

Sorry, Reino, I don't think there's a way to change that in the Overview - it was added because of a response you gave to an issue regarding "What to do about the overpopulation of the Pondengo." The response you clicked said something about making your national animal a "delicacy" or something like that (I think), maybe you hit the issue answer by mistake?

In any case, I think the part about "it's the nation's favorite meal" can't be removed until it gets replaced in significance by some new issue that comes up in the future.

I hope this makes sense,
-Rhoth

Savu
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Quality of Nation

Postby Savu » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:06 pm

So I've had my nation for about a month now and for a while now my nation has been in the top 30s of my region. However recently, my nation has dropped to the 140s. How do i improve my nation. By the way my region is the league of sovereign nations, and my nation is Savu.

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:11 pm

Savu wrote:So I've had my nation for about a month now and for a while now my nation has been in the top 30s of my region. However recently, my nation has dropped to the 140s. How do i improve my nation. By the way my region is the league of sovereign nations, and my nation is Savu.

Well what you are ranked on everyday changes. Example being one day it ranks "Most godforsaken" and you are ranked last - but the next day it ranks how religious your nation is and you come first. Make sense?
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:45 am

Rifty wrote:
Savu wrote:So I've had my nation for about a month now and for a while now my nation has been in the top 30s of my region. However recently, my nation has dropped to the 140s. How do i improve my nation. By the way my region is the league of sovereign nations, and my nation is Savu.

Well what you are ranked on everyday changes. Example being one day it ranks "Most godforsaken" and you are ranked last - but the next day it ranks how religious your nation is and you come first. Make sense?

It should also be noted that it's impossible to get your nation ranked highly in every aspect of NationStates, somethings the game measures your nation contradict each other.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Rifty wrote:Well what you are ranked on everyday changes. Example being one day it ranks "Most godforsaken" and you are ranked last - but the next day it ranks how religious your nation is and you come first. Make sense?

It should also be noted that it's impossible to get your nation ranked highly in every aspect of NationStates, somethings the game measures your nation contradict each other.

There are quite a few seemingly contradictory things that are possible to max out if you play your cards right. For example, it is possible to have a large military but still be pacifist I believe. It's also possible to have a powerful economy but no private sector, heavy regulation, good environment, all the other things that usually result in a bad one.

Some are mutually exclusive though; you can't be both corrupt and uncorrupt at the same time. Though it might be possible to have both badges at the same time, depending on the order of the census.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:45 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Rifty wrote:Well what you are ranked on everyday changes. Example being one day it ranks "Most godforsaken" and you are ranked last - but the next day it ranks how religious your nation is and you come first. Make sense?

It is totally possible to max out your stats if you do it the right way. On the other hand if you happen to be a WA member, resolutions are going to affect those stats....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:52 am

Chester Pearson wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

It is totally possible to max out your stats if you do it the right way. On the other hand if you happen to be a WA member, resolutions are going to affect those stats....

You can't have most corrupt and least corrupt -_-
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

United Western States of America
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United Western States of America » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:59 pm

My apologies if this is placed in the wrong thread, but I have a question about game mechanics that has been nagging me for a while. What does the advanced dossier do? Does it allow you to create some sort of folder for nations in your dossier, or does it allow you to track them and get a better idea of when they log on, or something else?

If someone could answer in telegram, that would be rather helpful so that I don't have to run through the whole forum to find my question and an answer. Thank you.
National Information
Coming soon
ن In Solidarity with Middle Eastern Christians ن
Proud member and founder of The Other Reality
Interested in a RP-based region? Check us out here!
NS stats are guidlines and should not be taken as fact!

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:35 pm

United Western States of America wrote:My apologies if this is placed in the wrong thread, but I have a question about game mechanics that has been nagging me for a while. What does the advanced dossier do? Does it allow you to create some sort of folder for nations in your dossier, or does it allow you to track them and get a better idea of when they log on, or something else?

If someone could answer in telegram, that would be rather helpful so that I don't have to run through the whole forum to find my question and an answer. Thank you.

This is an NS++ question...I believe

Someone will get on and answer; I don't understand it really myself~
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:53 am

It's not NS++, the default game has access to the advanced dossier feature.

It let's you upload a text file to the site, and it will add all nations listed in that file to your dossier automatically.

It allows you to backup your list of dossiered nations so you can restore it at any point, and/or transfer the dossier between nations.

If you click advanced dossier, the explanation provided is actually quite clear.

(I'll TG this to him as well.)

The Isles of Random
Envoy

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:29 pm

I hope this is the right place to ask,

How do you make a jump point?
- From the desk of the Minister of Foreign Relations and Regional Propaganda of the Central Atlantic Islands of the Pacific

Join the party at Warzone Vacation Resort!
I finally gave in and now I have a quotes spoiler. Yay!
We Are Not the NSA wrote:If the real world was like NS, then Belgium could have just password protected itself, or simply moved somewhere else, away from Germany.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:30 pm

The Isles of Random wrote:I hope this is the right place to ask,

How do you make a jump point?

Pretty much keep making regions until you get one that updates late xD
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

United Western States of America
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United Western States of America » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:37 pm

What exactly are the rules for posting a dispatch in regards to what someone may find that they strongly disagree with? I am thinking about this because I am in the early stages of planning out a few accounts for my nation, one of which is a political dispatch where I write a story about how laws are made in my nation, and the debates can get really heated (especially when the WA is involved), and political correctness is frequently thrown out the window.

To specify, if I write a line in the story where one of the Federal Council members says something like "All Christians are [insert comment here]", would that get me in trouble with the moderators? Especially when it is a piece of literature that does not reflect my own personal views? Or would I need to specify elsewhere that I do not necessarily agree with what I write in a dispatch?
National Information
Coming soon
ن In Solidarity with Middle Eastern Christians ن
Proud member and founder of The Other Reality
Interested in a RP-based region? Check us out here!
NS stats are guidlines and should not be taken as fact!

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:04 pm

United Western States of America wrote:What exactly are the rules for posting a dispatch in regards to what someone may find that they strongly disagree with? I am thinking about this because I am in the early stages of planning out a few accounts for my nation, one of which is a political dispatch where I write a story about how laws are made in my nation, and the debates can get really heated (especially when the WA is involved), and political correctness is frequently thrown out the window.

To specify, if I write a line in the story where one of the Federal Council members says something like "All Christians are [insert comment here]", would that get me in trouble with the moderators? Especially when it is a piece of literature that does not reflect my own personal views? Or would I need to specify elsewhere that I do not necessarily agree with what I write in a dispatch?

Depends on the type of Dispatch, if it's a Bulletin, those are Out Of Character or relating to Gameplay (so no) however, if it's a Factbook or an Account, those are (by definition) In Character. Which gives you a bit more wiggle room to write about sensitive topics. So long as you don't over do it, we don't need to be consistently reminded that someone was quoted as saying "All Christians are XYZ"
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Rubban
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rubban » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:00 pm

I hope this is the right place to ask this question, but what is a GHR?

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:14 pm

Rubban wrote:I hope this is the right place to ask this question, but what is a GHR?

A GHR is a Getting Help Request. Click the link to file your complaint/request: http://www.nationstates.net/page=help

Don't you just hate acronyms.

Rubban
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rubban » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:31 pm

Oh yes! Definitely!!! :( :blink:

Lollolol
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lollolol » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:19 pm

I know this is dumb but, how do i add tags?

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:37 pm

Lollolol wrote:I know this is dumb but, how do i add tags?

Go to regional controls, scroll down to where it says tags, and choose one from the drop-down list, before clicking "add/remove tag"

That cover it for you?
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Lollolol
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lollolol » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:54 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Lollolol wrote:I know this is dumb but, how do i add tags?

Go to regional controls, scroll down to where it says tags, and choose one from the drop-down list, before clicking "add/remove tag"

That cover it for you?

Where is regional controls?

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:59 pm

On the regional home page, below the WFE, embassies list, tags list, and population, there's a link to it. For your convenience, I'll give you the link - http://www.nationstates.net/page=region ... ng_raiders Find it below the WFE, Dispatches, and flag settings, but above border control (or regional title, if you have NS++ installed).

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Lollolol
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lollolol » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:04 pm

Thank you soo much! Laugh, it's contagious!

Lollolol
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lollolol » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:14 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:On the regional home page, below the WFE, embassies list, tags list, and population, there's a link to it. For your convenience, I'll give you the link - http://www.nationstates.net/page=region ... ng_raiders Find it below the WFE, Dispatches, and flag settings, but above border control (or regional title, if you have NS++ installed).

BTW, you could have just said administration. :lol2:

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:20 pm

I probably should have turned off NS++, because for me, administrations and regional controls are two different links :P Anyways, glad to help!

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Aistaan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aistaan » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:07 am

I've got a query regarding gameplay. See..... We all know that WA proposals that become laws, are the backbone of the WA. But over time, due to changes in ideals and ideas, the resolutions are repealed. Could it be possible to.... Like..... Allow an amendment in the laws, of we want the law, but with a few added clauses?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay