NATION

PASSWORD

Liberal Haven -Presidential Elections

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Asquithania
Secretary

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Liberal Haven -Presidential Elections

Postby Asquithania » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:06 am

As caretaker Delegate of Liberal Haven I am pleased to announce the first democratic elections for President of our region.
Whilst we recognise that some foreign elements may seek to skew the vote or even mount an invasion, we call on the NationStates Community that supported our Liberation to act as Official Observers to monitor that no external force(s) seek to derail the democratic process

Eligible candidates to run are as follows:
asquithania
bassoonland
farcore
holy_poteria
keinname
the_terran_states

These nations qualify to be selected as they were resident in the region, and members of the WA, at the time the election was called

Elligible voters:
asquithania
bassoonland
beard_of_odin
cartanis
chinen
cleombrutus
corinius
corrupt_communists
cory_trevor
eucosa
farcore
footsteps_of_winter
gemelia
greenpeace2014
havre
holy_poteria
keinname
lanshiang
liberal_europe
nikayama
siuyaules
southern_applebania
stagtopia
stellanera
stone_circle_aviators
the_riemstagrad
the_terran_states
trf_submarine_group_iv
ursulania
zulu_base_commander

These nations are qualified to vote as being residents in the region at the time the election was called

As the list of eligible candidates and voters is now a matter of public record, any nation that seeks to gain residency during the election will have their vote discounted (25% off)

Any nation that joins the WA and seeks endorsements during the same period may be subject to immediate ejection

I trust that the NS Community recognises the merit of this experimental method and ask for their support during the process.

If any nation would wish to join Liberal Haven with the intent of running for the next term we gladly welcome you to our region

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:20 am

Glad to see Liberal Haven doing so well. Osiris is happy to assist in any way we can; just let us know.

Asquithania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Asquithania » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:44 am

The following nations have chosen to violate the principles of Democracy:

Prirten,Bob Moran35, Falarica I,Vandoosa Neun, Asian Republics, Saladin, Rotten Berries of Black Riding Hood, Wofohe

In a cynical move presumably designed to deface the idea of Regional Sovereignty the would be invaders attempted to seize the delegate position hours after the announcement of the first democratic Presidential election for the region since the Liberation proposal was passed by the Security Council

This will undoubtedly not be the last attempt by those who hold the democratic process in contempt and we thank those who remained vigilant and thwarted this attempt

Asquithania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Asquithania » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:33 am

In a futile attempt to pervert the democratic process of our first Presidential elections The Shady Ponies once again invaded Liberal Haven at Major today

However their attempts to eradicate records of important Polls in the region have failed. :rofl:

At the time of their incursion the standing in the regional election were as follows

All LH residents are encouraged to join the WA and endorse the caretaker delegate until the mosquitos have been slapped

The election will continue once normal service is resumed
Last edited by Asquithania on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Petty Butterfly
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Petty Butterfly » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:14 am

It is hard make ejections from the LH, not only because little too high influences, but also because I don't want accidentally eject any raider sleepers from the region. :p

Bold Move. A Presidential elections in a propably one of most infiltrated region of that size class in the NationStates. Natives are surely prepared to keep their nativedom safe. - Cora

ADD: Current Democratically Elected Raider President of Liberal Haven: Petty Butterfly. Elected by the highest number of endorsements.

EDITS: Added tag 'Recruiter Friendly' for welcoming all advertising agents leave recruitment messages on the Liberal RMB of LH. Add spams allowed. Titles changed.
Last edited by Petty Butterfly on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asquithania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Asquithania » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:23 am

Petty Butterfly wrote:It is hard make ejections from the LH, not only because little too high influences, but also because I don't want accidentally eject any raider sleepers from the region. :p

Bold Move. A Presidential elections in a propably one of most infiltrated region of that size class in the NationStates. Natives are surely prepared to keep their nativedom safe. - Cora

ADD: Current Democratically Elected Raider President of Liberal Haven: Petty Butterfly. Elected by the highest number of endorsements.

EDITS: Added tag 'Recruiter Friendly' for welcoming all advertising agents leave recruitment messages on the Liberal RMB of LH. Add spams allowed. Titles changed.

Ah democracy in your world equates to brute force I see

Without wanting to stir up the debate on what constitutes a native, the residents , ie those eligible to vote under the parameters agreed BY THE REGION were set out at the beginning of this thread don't seem to see the names of your goons on that list, so your claim is a little shaky

Then again a principled Black Rider is surely an oxymoron, much like Raider Intelligence - by your own admission you don't know who is and who isn't a sleeper.

Still, no doubt you will be able to "mass your troops" - all seven of them- in time for minor and retain your post as delegate - trouble is the fendas know where you are now don't they?

No damage done, we still have our records, most are public knowledge anyhow, and the real reason you didn't eject anyone is because, well, you just didn't have the influence.

You now face the prospect of a inglorious stand down by refusing to show (quite likely as you are lacking in honor), the very real prospect of a pitched battle with defenders in which you might just get your nether regions handed to you, or the embarrassment of having to forego a raid elsewhere in order to retain your standing here.

Either way you have painted yourselves into a corner from which there is very little chance of extracting yourselves without abandoning whatever integrity you may have had

:rofl:

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:43 am

This was a tag.
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:44 am

C'mon! It's a tag and at least I have no intentions stay your petty nativedom longer than absolutely necessary. Regardless of that I'm legitime WAD (President) during that tenure of approximately 12 hours between major and minor updates. That legitimity is coded to the game mechanics, and no chain of argumentation can change the Fact I get elected there (democratically or not, it is totally irrelevant. Actually, I was fastest.)

Btw. Fellow NationStaters! Above Comment is model example and answer for a question: How you recognize a Native when reading random forum Comments?

Asquithania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Asquithania » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:51 am

Coraxion wrote:C'mon! It's a tag and at least I have no intentions stay your petty nativedom longer than absolutely necessary. Regardless of that I'm legitime WAD (President) during that tenure of approximately 12 hours between major and minor updates. That legitimity is coded to the game mechanics, and no chain of argumentation can change the Fact I get elected there (democratically or not, it is totally irrelevant. Actually, I was fastest.)

Btw. Fellow NationStaters! Above Comment is model example and answer for a question: How you recognize a Native when reading random forum Comments?

Ah Cora - the horses mouth so to speak!

If it was just a tag why so desperate to validate you "legitimacy"?

Surely as a pure raider such minutiae is not worthy of your attention?

Asquithania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Asquithania » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:55 am

Special delivery for Cora, sign here please

Petty Butterfly
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Petty Butterfly » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:05 am

Thanks! Actually that would be rather cool picture on the T-Shirt.

Petty Butterfly is now executive President of Braptopia. Today that president made also one succesful WA-kill immediately after elections. Dear Fenda frontliner Drop Your Pants' Sheep Spy get brutally slaughtered when trying interfere democratical elections in Braptopia. (Btw. Another Battlesheep, Mr Snuffles was butchered in Alone Territory by local President Fowu.)

Time between president Petty Butterfly's emigration to the region and beginning of her reign was few seconds or so.

Thanks for Hospitality! :D

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:03 pm

The Osiris Fraternal Order has decided to terminate the game-side embassy and all relations between Osiris and Liberal Haven, in light of the caretaker Delegate's above comments.

As is by now well known, the Imperial Sovereign Realms Army has twice participated in liberation of Liberal Haven, first against Right Wing Uprising and then against The Doom Squad, which was working with Right Wing Uprising. While we had hoped taking such an interest in the security of Liberal Haven might lead its fledgling government to be more sensible in its relations with imperialists and raiders than is typically the case among founderless user-created regions, it is clear from the above hostility directed toward The Black Riders and toward "raider intelligence" in general that this will not be the case. This overreaction to a tag raid and decision to insult all raiders will not find support in Osiris.

While Osiris has not always gotten along well with The Black Riders, they have historically been military partners of the Osiris Fraternal Order. Moreover, the derisive comments toward raiders in general are intolerable in that we have far closer relations with other raider regions, such as The Black Hawks, who haven't been involved in any grievance against Liberal Haven. This demonstrated hostility of the Liberal Haven government toward raiders is incompatible with the Osiris Fraternal Order's long-term interests, and we withdraw all support for or recognition of the government of Liberal Haven. Good luck guaranteeing your security with help exclusively from defenders.
Last edited by Cormac A Stark on Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asquithania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Asquithania » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:51 am

I am disappointed that Osiris has chosen to interpret my comments as applying to them. As stated elsewhere I have no issue with Imperialists per se and would not have grouped Osiris in with common raiders. However it seems clear from the comments from their delegate that they themselves wish to ignore the fact that their allies would insult them by invading a region which Osiris has protected previously. It raises questions as to whether the foreign policy of such an illustrious region is actually dictated by TBR rather than the Osirian government.

However as it would seem that the residents of Liberal Haven would prefer to submit to the orthodox view that only a refund would ensure the survival of the region I have declared that I will not be standing in the forthcoming Presidential election. My views on refounds are well documented suffice to say I do not believe this to be a silver bullet that resolves security for a founderless region. The residents of Liberal Haven must apparently make the choice of aligning themselves with either raiders or defenders or else surrender an element of their democracy by opting for an all powerful Founder being imposed.

whatever the future of the region may be, and how it handles it's relationship with Osiris, my own principles should no longer be seen as an obstacle.

GRO II
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 30, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby GRO II » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:09 am

You know, if you hadn't posted in here, your probably wouldn't have had that first invasion on 24 August, and if you hadn't posted then, you probably might have avoided the second one on 31 August.

TIP: It's not a good idea to "adverstise" in gameplay when you are founderless.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:39 am

Then when will get some drama!

Drama!

Ookey!

To All malicious, dark spirited low lives, cutthroats and Mercenaries and Raider soldiers (no need to be too pure)! Let's start flood this nativedom with brand new natives and 'defender guards', and in constant pace if possible. TBR target practices are also very probable to this Liberal native dump in the Future.

Meanwhile some dedicated bureaucratic careerist and World Assembly - Security Council warrior can start rant Repeal Liberation Proposal for the Liberal Haven. That way we get our much needed Drama!

Funny. In chaos theory there are so called 'Butterfly effect. One little Petty Butterfly can cause mayhem to the liberal paradise, doing things and concentrating almost everything else then consequences of the actions.

And If I ever hit this region again performing either role of pointman (WAD) or raid leader, I will tag/order it to be tagged with a tag 'Anarchist' against The Black Riders tagging protocol only for making sure this puppet dump's regional tags would reflect it current and future situation more deep and reality based manner.

With Love From Cimmeria
Cora :hug:

@Cormac: Right thing to do!
Last edited by Coraxion on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Asquithania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Asquithania » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:41 am

GRO II wrote:You know, if you hadn't posted in here, your probably wouldn't have had that first invasion on 24 August, and if you hadn't posted then, you probably might have avoided the second one on 31 August.

TIP: It's not a good idea to "adverstise" in gameplay when you are founderless.

Yes it is wise to sneak around and hide like craven cowards if you have no principles. Let us all cower in fear and hope that the raiders don't come before we have the fortune to place a password on our region and lock it so that nobody, friend or foe can enter. Let us all close our borders and relish the exquisite isolation that it brings whilst reveling in the slow asphyxiation of our regions. Turn a blind eye to those who violate other regions and hope that there misfortune means that your own region is overlooked for another update

If you tolerate this then your region will be next

Aurum Rider
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby Aurum Rider » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:44 am

Asquithania wrote:Yes it is wise to sneak around and hide like craven cowards if you have no principles. Let us all cower in fear and hope that the raiders don't come before we have the fortune to place a password on our region and lock it so that nobody, friend or foe can enter. Let us all close our borders and relish the exquisite isolation that it brings whilst reveling in the slow asphyxiation of our regions. Turn a blind eye to those who violate other regions and hope that there misfortune means that your own region is overlooked for another update

Keep your WFE saved in a notepad document on your computer, or somewhere you can find it. Keep it updated, keep your flag saved. Wait for your delegate's re-election at the next update, restore your region. Stirring up a storm because we tagged your region does little other than put you on a target list so that we can evoke another amusing reaction out of you another few updates down the road.

Petty Butterfly
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Petty Butterfly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:00 am

Dear Asquithania and natives of Liberal Haven. Please don't take it too hard, your nativedom is now considered as a high profile target.

Cora is not that cruel, she could not show some compassion too. Witch-Queen can offer place of refugee for a poor, helpless and devastated natives of Liberal Haven in Cora.

Requirements of Citizenship:
- Liberal WA-member nations only
- Regional Controls of Cora will be kept solely under control of Witch-Queen
- Liberal RMB activity allowed (all kind liberal spam is allowed within frames set by NationStates' Rules)
- No Ejections or banjections (Cora is enemy of TRR)
- Native Citizens must consider themselves as a Slaves of The Witch-Queen of Cora
- Tag 'Liberal' can be added but if that is requested by native slave citizens, then also tag 'parody' will be added with it
- Otherwise Political freedoms and Civil rights are extensive in a completely secured liberal slave haven of Cora

BE WELCOME! ASK PASSWORD TODAY! DO NOT RECOGNIZE YOUR CHAINS!

PS. Today Petty Butterfly won presidential elections in Derkastan! :)
Last edited by Petty Butterfly on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Applebania
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:15 am

Just going to say here that Asquithania's rantings here do not represent the official position of the Region of Liberal Haven.
AKA Karlsefni

Asquithania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Asquithania » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:55 am

Applebania wrote:Just going to say here that Asquithania's rantings here do not represent the official position of the Region of Liberal Haven.

Neither does your Quisling fawning Applebania - where was your WA when TBR came calling?

@Arum Rider eggs suck grandma teach your to - TBR have failed at the last two updates to turn up because they know they would get whipped by the fenda's who have their eye on the region too - for all Cora's bellyaching about wanting a worthy opponent he knows, deep down, that when the element of surprise is lost TBR wouldn't stand a chance against a Defender army in the field.

Babylon is burning folks

Applebania
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:01 pm

Asquithania wrote:
Applebania wrote:Just going to say here that Asquithania's rantings here do not represent the official position of the Region of Liberal Haven.

Neither does your Quisling fawning Applebania - where was your WA when TBR came calling?

In Panem, assisting in some refound-related stuff. And things.

If we were actually occupied rather than tagged, I would have moved it back without hesitation. Since it wasn't, I'm now trying to salvage relations with our closest ally, Osiris, who has broken off ties thanks to your blow-up!
AKA Karlsefni

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:34 pm

@Asquithania: Have you some serious attitude problem or are you just pretending that what we all do there would be something else then playing the game?

@Applebania: First time I see you writing reasonable and analytic comment. Inexpectable. :p

@Cormac: For your own and Osiris' sake, please stay away from LH. :)

Aurum Rider
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby Aurum Rider » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Asquithania wrote:TBR have failed at the last two updates to turn up because they know they would get whipped by the fenda's who have their eye on the region too

No, we just aren't fans of sloppy seconds.
Last edited by Aurum Rider on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alterran Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alterran Republic » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Coraxion wrote:@Cormac: For your own and Osiris' sake, please stay away from LH. :)

Expect a war declaration any time soon :rofl:
Vidarr Braighart Kasten
Alterra - Vidarr - Delta - Sherlock
NS History || Logbook of Quotes
<+IH> There needs to be some constant to life that we can hold onto, something extremely difficult to find if we are constantly on the move.
<@Vidarr> I hold onto the constant of change
<+IH> How delightfully paradoxical.

Old enough to remember, young enough to not care. -Holofurnace, Iron Snakes Chapter

Asquithania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Asquithania » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Coraxion wrote:@Asquithania: Have you some serious attitude problem or are you just pretending that what we all do there would be something else then playing the game?

In don't take anything seriously Cora, aside from amusement! ;)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay