NATION

PASSWORD

I am Of Crazed / Southern Bellz AMA

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Highlander 1
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 01, 2004
Anarchy

Postby The Highlander 1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Avenging Angels was fun to play with and toy with.
Last edited by The Highlander 1 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Alphaks
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby King Alphaks » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:59 pm

Of crazed wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:How do you feel about the recent recovery of DEN from it's long-time overlords? Has the puppet used to refound been handed over to you or another old hand from there?

Interesting question. I'm not really sure how I feel. It's good to see it out of TITO hands, but that's about the extent of my feelings.

It's not in my hands, and I have an idea who did it and have not made a major effort to get it. I would honestly like to see it used by someone more than anything.

I honestly feel it added a bit to the DEN brand that we moved homes. At the time I always felt it was extra hilarious, because most defender 'complaints' about raiding that people said were done to us.

Off hand I know the following regions were used as our 'home region' at some point: DEN, DEN II, DEN Military HQ, The DEN Base, DEN Central Command, and DEN Army. I am not sure if The DEN was ever used or just region hawked.

The DEN region WAS used, and was one of the most effective versions of the DEN regions. From there we perfected, and wrote extensively on stealth raiding and other tactics related to raiding still used today. The deletion of General Franks and the subsequent defender invasion of The DEN is what led to the chaos that led to the formation of DCC and your involvement in the DEN brand. The The DEN region was legitimized by the original DEN region founder Gen Colin Powell after he was ineffective as leader of DEN II. DEN II was made after Powells deletion, and it was rife with infighting and backstabbing among the lieutenants. So Powell ejected us all one night and told us to 'go to the region The DEN, Gen Franks is the new Field Marshal'. The DEN also was the haven for infamous defender Leilas/Caras Way while she was still on the raider side...
So OC, The DEN is the region that put the name DEN on the map, refined and perfected stealth raiding and other raiding tactics, fought TITO, GLA and the other defenders of that era, and basically made the name that you rode to your own personal success. It was never just region hawked. Thats offensive to hear you say that.
Since Gen Franks disbanded DEN as a raiding army after his deletion during the The DEN era, most of us old time DEN guys consider the era after 'The DEN' , to be illegitimate, and full of pretenders and wannabes. The DEN Army was the only legit recent incarnation of DEN with any original, ordained by General Powell himself, leadership in it and you didn't even mention it. We made the name, the notoriety and the DEN brand in this game and all you and you crew did was steal it and use it for you own personal fame after we closed it down as a raider organization... what you did to the DEN name would be similar to me forming a new Black Riders after their founders closed it down. It would have the same name, but it just wouldn't be legit.
Last edited by King Alphaks on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Alphaks
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby King Alphaks » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:30 pm

King Alphaks wrote:
Of crazed wrote:
Interesting question. I'm not really sure how I feel. It's good to see it out of TITO hands, but that's about the extent of my feelings.

It's not in my hands, and I have an idea who did it and have not made a major effort to get it. I would honestly like to see it used by someone more than anything.

I honestly feel it added a bit to the DEN brand that we moved homes. At the time I always felt it was extra hilarious, because most defender 'complaints' about raiding that people said were done to us.

Off hand I know the following regions were used as our 'home region' at some point: DEN, DEN II, DEN Military HQ, The DEN Base, DEN Central Command, and DEN Army. I am not sure if The DEN was ever used or just region hawked.

The 'The DEN' region WAS used, and was one of the most effective versions of the DEN regions. From there we perfected, and wrote extensively on stealth raiding and other tactics related to raiding still used today. The deletion of General Franks and the subsequent defender invasion of The DEN is what led to the chaos that led to the formation of DCC and your involvement in the DEN brand. The The DEN region was legitimized by the original DEN region founder Gen Colin Powell after he was ineffective as leader of DEN II. DEN II was made after Powells deletion, and it was rife with infighting and backstabbing among the lieutenants. So Powell ejected us all one night and told us to 'go to the region The DEN, Gen Franks is the new Field Marshal'. The DEN also was the haven for infamous defender Leilas/Caras Way while she was still on the raider side...
So OC, The DEN is the region that put the name DEN on the map, refined and perfected stealth raiding and other raiding tactics, fought TITO, GLA and the other defenders of that era, and basically made the name that you rode to your own personal success. It was never just region hawked. Thats offensive to hear you say that.
Since Gen Franks disbanded DEN as a raiding army after his deletion during the The DEN era, most of us old time DEN guys consider the era after 'The DEN' , to be illegitimate, and full of pretenders and wannabes. The DEN Army was the only legit recent incarnation of DEN with any original, ordained by General Powell himself, leadership in it . We made the name, the notoriety and the DEN brand in this game and all you and you crew did was steal it and use it for you own personal fame after we closed it down as a raider organization... what you did to the DEN name would be similar to me forming a new Black Riders after their founders closed it down. It would have the same name, but it just wouldn't be legit.
Last edited by King Alphaks on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Of crazed
Envoy

Founded: Mar 13, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Of crazed » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Gheeze, who know that mixing up The DEN, DEN and DEN II would cause a rant. It was a decade ago and before my time in the game.

But, your little excerpt from the gospel according to Franks is just flat out lies. Franks didn't disband the DEN after resigning, he passed the the FM along to Grips and told everyone to follow him to the DEN Military HQ. Once Grips turned out to be a spy, that led to The DEN Base (where I spent most of my time in DEN) and eventually the DEN Central Command. You don't have to name drop Leilas, she was still DEN when I joined and trained me to raid, along with General Illuminated Ones. If it wasn't for my 'crew of pretenders', the DEN would have been irrelevant after one year of operations.

Franks FM run was for 6 months. The era you complain as illegitimate after The DEN was over 6 years (and even had Gen Powell's blessing). If you have a problem with every DEN group that isn't run by Franks, that's your problem and I don't make any apologies for my time in DEN my raids spoke for themselves. The contribution to DEN after Franks is what cemented the legacy. People don't forget the only raiding group to span every NS generation, from pre-founders, to founders, to influence, to change from UN to WA and capture two feeders in the process. I am not here to deny what Franks or what anyone involved did for the DEN legacy (I did mention DEN Army, I forgot it was The DEN Army), but you are just making stuff up if you want to claim that the era of the DEN I was involved in just did nothing.

King Alphaks
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby King Alphaks » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:41 am

Sorry OC I meant no offense, I do respect you as a raider. I guess I just have an aversion to brag posts, nothing personal.
I liked a couple FMs besides Franks, Martian City States or whatever he was called was cool too. I did enjoy serving under Gen Powell as well, but his open raiding style was sort of ineffective. Thats why I am a Franks disciple because he brought stealth raiding to DEN, had a edgy political agenda that future DENS lacked, and it was much more exciting all around for me. We also operated in concert with The British Empire and secretly Ile de France nations during this time, which was basically the only allies Franks would accept.

To clarify the passing to Gripps was part of a deal with the RLA to kill the DEN brand. If I had my old MSN records I could post the conversation. Franks wanted to make sure there wasn't anyone clinging to DEN as he tried to build and promote his new group, The Jolly Roger. I went on to briefly help form the foundation of Invaders, and later worked with Gen Powell again on HIVE because the Jolly Roger thing wasn't my style. I just wanted to make peace and say you did a good job picking DEN off the heap and keeping it going. I guess if you get technical about it , we rode your coattails when we came back as DEN Army...so peace, I won't bother your threads again.
Last edited by King Alphaks on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Red Kagran
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 28, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Kagran » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:26 am

:)) was asked for a list of naughty things I have done over my NS career and I decided to google of crazed / nationstates and freshen up some of my memories. Anyways, I am glad that our raid on the TRR has been one of your favourite memories, it was by far mine too.
I am pleasantly surprised to see that you are only partly doing what we were afraid you would, namely brag about it being your doing while you were actually a side-kick. Nothing wrong or derogatory with that but the mastermind behind that was Eluvatar. Taijitu Founders like Sovereign Dixie or myself had always been looking for a way to impact the game and the TAO Maneuver (yep, it was him who had envisioned this technical possibility of picking up the endos of rejected residents from a UCR into TRR) seemed like a great way to upset a bit the balance and have fun. Defenders cried over status-quo has always been annoying to us and most of us have always seen the ideal game-play as being disruptive and creative. Don't forget we were the lost children of the Lexicon and had Thel of Lemuria as a grand-father.

Anyways, I have fond memories of you and I am glad to see you speak well of Eluvatar.
The Delegate who flew that Taijitu symbol with DEN blue and gold coloring over TRR because he was very much "in love" with Meri :))
Greetings,
Red Kagran / PoD Gunner.
Co-Founder of Taijitu, Chapter-master of the Order of the Gryphons
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT*

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:25 am

Please don't gravedig threads.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay