NATION

PASSWORD

The Defender Region Alliance of NationStates

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:17 am

I'm not persuing such an idea,feel free anyone who does want to

Defenders are an elite rich club and raiders are trying to always be a step heads

Sidenote @EWS nice to see people still using my old nick :)
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Letoilenoir
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Letoilenoir » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:26 am

Vom Leben wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:We really need a GP mentor program >.>
Gameplayers are too protective of their "unique knowledge" to do that without an assurance that the mentored nation/region will be an ally in the future.

Although not perhaps the most sophisticated GP'er I'm sure that Coraxion would be only too happy to teach folk how to manipulate the basics - after that its "how do you get to Carnegie Hall"!
Last edited by Letoilenoir on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
KEEP THE BLOOD CAVE FREE

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Sedgistan wrote:If you want to discuss a Gameplay mentor program, start a new thread in this forum rather than threadjacking this one.

Why didn't you say that to port blood who actually
Made the first comment on it?
Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Trick Shot wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:If you want to discuss a Gameplay mentor program, start a new thread in this forum rather than threadjacking this one.

Why didn't you say that to port blood who actually
Made the first comment on it?

Since he didn't quote anyone, I'm fairly sure it was a general notice. Just didn't catch it right off. Despite popular belief, the Mods do not see everything instantly :P

that, or he didn't feel the need to speak on one comment, only once it was becoming a trend.

OP - Have you approached any of the major orgs?
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Manick
Lobbyist

Founded: May 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Manick » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:22 pm

First off, we cancelled that a long time ago. Second, how did this forum get popular all of the suden? This is for DRANS! Not about the CoF. And plus, some of you think we're noobs? Who's the one with the organization that is making a treaty with the Founderless Region Alliance?

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:26 pm

Manick wrote:First off, we cancelled that a long time ago. Second, how did this forum get popular all of the suden? This is for DRANS! Not about the CoF. And plus, some of you think we're noobs? Who's the one with the organization that is making a treaty with the Founderless Region Alliance?

Well, it probably has something to do with you posting yesterday, and people seeing the ridiculousness of attacking both a region with that many endo's, the fact the a defender org wants to attack someone, and on top of all that, the fact that that region has a founder. You were first to mention COF ;)

In general, and this goes for pretty much every new org, people in gameplay don't take anyone seriously until they see you in the field acting halfway competent a few times.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Letoilenoir wrote:
Vom Leben wrote:Gameplayers are too protective of their "unique knowledge" to do that without an assurance that the mentored nation/region will be an ally in the future.

Although not perhaps the most sophisticated GP'er I'm sure that Coraxion would be only too happy to teach folk how to manipulate the basics - after that its "how do you get to Carnegie Hall"!

Lol. I would be bad Mentor (When Being extremely bad Raid Mentor in TBR) as I expect people read manuals and guides and if they do not know after that what to do, maybe raiding is not their thing after all. My TG Box is full of requests for mentoring, but not a single one has yet managed follow basic instructions and asked anything in Skype, which is minimum requirement for any rational participation to TBR raiding activities. I find it waste of time try to rant same things again and again for people who doesn't bother read guides themselves.

Then what comes to "The Hall of Fame" and 'Carnegies' etc. If playing game as a Hobby someday brings me to that esteemed club, good. Not Anywhere near that Hall yet, Admiral. :P
Last edited by Coraxion on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riftend
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:33 am

Manick wrote:First off, we cancelled that a long time ago. Second, how did this forum get popular all of the suden? This is for DRANS! Not about the CoF. And plus, some of you think we're noobs? Who's the one with the organization that is making a treaty with the Founderless Region Alliance?

The reason it got so popular is because you chucked out a completely unrealistic idea of bringing down my region - unrealistic and near on impossible due to my activity as well as the amount of endos.

Which is why we think your noobs~

However you are correct this is for whatever your region is - not CoF. Those wishing to discuss CoF can move the discussion here
About Me
True Neutral
Economic Left/Right: 1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Freedom is not a right - but a privilege provided through citizenship
------------------------------Raider------------------------------
| CoF Foreign Relations | Riftend's Factbook | CoF Overview |

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:22 am

There is no thread ownership in GP,the status of relations between your group and CoF in perfectly on-topic

Well,who is making a treaty with FRA? it's not that impressive considering they allow most regions to join iirc
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Kikpar
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kikpar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:11 am

Riftend wrote:

The reason it got so popular is because you chucked out a completely unrealistic idea of bringing down my region - unrealistic and near on impossible due to my activity as well as the amount of endos.

However you are correct this is for whatever your region is - not CoF. Those wishing to discuss CoF can move the discussion here

It's what happens when your region grows, more and more people would like to see it fall. Every large region has its detractor, I can think about a particular region claiming it will destroy my own region - unrealistic and near impossible due to the none-executive delegacy, and the founder activity, but they're noob so its understandable.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:48 am

Kikpar wrote:
Riftend wrote:The reason it got so popular is because you chucked out a completely unrealistic idea of bringing down my region - unrealistic and near on impossible due to my activity as well as the amount of endos.

It's what happens when your region grows, more and more people would like to see it fall. Every large region has its detractor, I can think about a particular region claiming it will destroy my own region - unrealistic and near impossible due to the none-executive delegacy, and the founder activity, but they're noob so its understandable.

Those guys really TEK me off...
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Manick
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Manick » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:57 am

First off we're not attacking them -_-

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Manick wrote:First off we're not attacking them -_-

Sure you aren't...

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:44 pm

District XIV wrote:
Manick wrote:First off we're not attacking them -_-

Sure you aren't...

http://www.nationstates.net/region=defe ... tionstates

Further proof they were pushing to attack us ahaha.

Kikpar wrote:
Riftend wrote:The reason it got so popular is because you chucked out a completely unrealistic idea of bringing down my region - unrealistic and near on impossible due to my activity as well as the amount of endos.

ahaha - Haters gonna hate. I really don't want to deal with this sought of shit on a regular basis - pisses me off
About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Manick
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Manick » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:26 pm

I said we aren't. So calm down!

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:30 pm

But you clearly thought about it.

Just own up to it and accept it, it will be better that way. Besides, everyone makes rookie mistakes.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:But you clearly thought about it.

Just own up to it and accept it, it will be better that way. Besides, everyone makes rookie mistakes.

Some larger than others~ :rofl:
About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Joe Bobs
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 21, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Joe Bobs » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:01 am

Manick, this isn't true. You telegrammed me about this and I wished you luck and that I'd be happy to offer advice, but rejected the idea you would have any kind of treaty with the FRA, so please don't tell people otherwise as it is not true.
Old Zertaxia: You crazy, drunk penguin.

GRA: Forum Administrator and Architect of the GRA Archives. Formerly: President; Speaker; First Minister; High General of the GRADF; Foreign Affairs Minister; Senator; Congressman; Ambassador Plenipotentiary; First Lieutenant of the GRADF.

FRA: Formerly: Arch-Chancellor; Vice Chancellor; Regional Liaison Officer; GRA Representative; Ranger.

Q102: Formerly: Delegate; Deputy Delegate; Foreign Affairs Minister; Immigration & Officials Minister; Judge; Ambassador.

ARC: Formerly: Founder; Chairman.

Other Former Citizen of The Rejected Realms, The West Pacific, 00000 A World Power, Lazarus, Europa, Scroll Islands. Former Correspondent for The Rejected Times. Regular visitor everywhere.

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:52 am

Joe Bobs wrote:

Manick, this isn't true. You telegrammed me about this and I wished you luck and that I'd be happy to offer advice, but rejected the idea you would have any kind of treaty with the FRA, so please don't tell people otherwise as it is not true.

BAHAHAHHA :rofl:

You may wish to remove The Darwin Allied Republics if you haven't yet. As per our Peace accord they must sever all ties with you. Terribly sorry. 8)
Last edited by Riftend on Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Aperi
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Aperi » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:02 am

OP, ignore the raiders. Try reaching out to some regions whose militaries defend. You'll be better off than on the GP forums.
Aperi
Patriot of Lazarus
Comrade Protector

My other nation is Karpathos
“Our game is being turned into a filthy and evil-smelling imperialist barrack.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:11 am

Aperi wrote:OP, ignore the raiders. Try reaching out to some regions whose militaries defend. You'll be better off than on the GP forums.

Indeed. Keep trying, even if you have to keep starting over, and don't let anyone get to you. Watch what other regions do, and copy them, but with your own original ideas. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

Of course, you'll get the hang of it faster by joining one of said regions... but I'm guessing that's not an option, knowing how I thought back when I tried to create my first region/alliance.

The GP forums are a brutal place for new regions or organizations- I'd suggest dropping from the forums entirely until you have developed and had a successful first mission under your belt. :)
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:13 am

Aperi wrote:OP, ignore the raiders. Try reaching out to some regions whose militaries defend. You'll be better off than on the GP forums.

For sure - all hail the glorious defender. Bringer of salvation. Preacher of a just and fair world. Only thing more depressing is someone who believes communism will work in the real world. :rofl:
About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:36 am

Joe Bobs wrote:
Manick wrote: Who's the one with the organization that is making a treaty with the Founderless Region Alliance?

Now that's an interesting bit of knowledge.

Bobs, One would think, given the vulnerable state of the FRA these days, and Defending in general for that matter, that your Alliance would be eager to make new friends and connections. However, it seems the FRA would rather follow the same cold, isolationist policy they've been sticking with for years, one that hasn't exactly helped them. Why is it that the Founderless Regions Alliance would rather cling to the few inactive member regions they have left and not add on new member regions or form new alliance pacts?

It's not like they have anything of importance left to lose at this point. I've always been rather confused about their behavior, but then again, this is the alliance that has a nasty habit of abandoning its members the instant they get raided.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Joe Bobs
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 21, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Joe Bobs » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:52 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Joe Bobs wrote:Manick, this isn't true. You telegrammed me about this and I wished you luck and that I'd be happy to offer advice, but rejected the idea you would have any kind of treaty with the FRA, so please don't tell people otherwise as it is not true.

Now that's an interesting bit of knowledge.

Bobs, One would think, given the vulnerable state of the FRA these days, and Defending in general for that matter, that your Alliance would be eager to make new friends and connections. However, it seems the FRA would rather follow the same cold, isolationist policy they've been sticking with for years, one that hasn't exactly helped them. Why is it that the Founderless Regions Alliance would rather cling to the few inactive member regions they have left and not add on new member regions or form new alliance pacts?

It's not like they have anything of importance left to lose at this point. I've always been rather confused about their behavior, but then again, this is the alliance that has a nasty habit of abandoning its members the instant they get raided.

Wolfy, the FRA is completely open to making friends with all regions who defend and we regularly reach out to new people and welcome friends from across the Defender, Neutral, and also RP spectrum. However, I know Manick aka Zlevecky well, he's a regular in the GRA and I've known him since he started in this game. Whilst I applaud his energy and appetite to get into something new, I also know he needs some time to get his teeth into an idea, hence he needs some time to fully explore his new Defender group before he can consider formal treaties with well established Defender organisations.

Your statement that the FRA is isolationist is frankly bizarre. As the former Regional Liaison Officer and current Vice Chancellor, I can say with confidence that the FRA is one of the least isolationist groups in NS today, we regularly interact with Defenders, Neutrals and Natives from across the world. Honestly, of all the regions or organisations I've ever worked with in NS, the FRA is one of the least isolationist. But I don't want to take this off topic so with that rebuttal I'll leave it there.
Old Zertaxia: You crazy, drunk penguin.

GRA: Forum Administrator and Architect of the GRA Archives. Formerly: President; Speaker; First Minister; High General of the GRADF; Foreign Affairs Minister; Senator; Congressman; Ambassador Plenipotentiary; First Lieutenant of the GRADF.

FRA: Formerly: Arch-Chancellor; Vice Chancellor; Regional Liaison Officer; GRA Representative; Ranger.

Q102: Formerly: Delegate; Deputy Delegate; Foreign Affairs Minister; Immigration & Officials Minister; Judge; Ambassador.

ARC: Formerly: Founder; Chairman.

Other Former Citizen of The Rejected Realms, The West Pacific, 00000 A World Power, Lazarus, Europa, Scroll Islands. Former Correspondent for The Rejected Times. Regular visitor everywhere.

Takane
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Takane » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Riftend wrote:

For sure - all hail the glorious defender. Bringer of salvation. Preacher of a just and fair world. Only thing more depressing is someone who believes communism will work in the real world. :rofl:

1) Actually it's terrific advice for someone that wants to defend :palm:

2) Uhhh...what? Not sure how you jumped from defenders to communism...
Tanopuppet v2.0

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay