NATION

PASSWORD

Sicarius News - Silly Cypher or Serious Symbol?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:15 am

NoblePhnx wrote:Sicarius will be getting bigger,better,faster and stronger in the near future for more information feel free to pester any of the higher ups listed on the WFE of Sicarius who will now scramble to make grandiose plans because this underling put them on the spot.

Uh....
Well you see, about our grand plans, we're gonna...
Uh...
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:10 am

NoblePhnx wrote:Sicarius will be getting bigger,better,faster and stronger in the near future for more information feel free to pester any of the higher ups listed on the WFE of Sicarius who will now scramble to make grandiose plans because this underling put them on the spot.

How do you know we don't already have several grand plans brewing? We didn't tell you before we knew who you were, so why would we now? :P Unlike Neph,we see no need to broadcast our medium and long term goals, but rather are quite content to work towards them in the shadows.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:12 am

But in the short term, we should probably do more if that tagging thing...

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am

Valrifell wrote:But in the short term, we should probably do more if that tagging thing...

Aye but that would require people who can both make updates and don't have their WA's being sneaky places :P I may be piling in CoF, so I can leave for an update, but I know others of us are otherwise occupied ;) Hence the longer term projects! And no, I'm not sure where. Don't need to know, until it comes to fruit. If I don;t know, I can't possibly spoil it! Compartmentalization :)

SO yeah, if you can poke Silver/Noble into doing some, or any other newbies, I'll take them out for a run.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:24 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:

How do you know we don't already have several grand plans brewing? We didn't tell you before we knew who you were, so why would we now? :P Unlike Neph,we see no need to broadcast our medium and long term goals, but rather are quite content to work towards them in the shadows.

In other words you have no plan other than to raid as many big and important regions as you can. <_<

I don't appreciate how I'm brought up in every one of your responses as an incompetent leader. Stahp. Last I checked this was a game; am I not allowed to have a little fun with it, and drop the occasional hint of what we're working on? So long as I'm careful what I say and who I say it to, of course, there's no problem. I find games where I can plot "world domination", in a sense, and fight as a warrior to be fun, just like you and Sicarius find raiding individual regions to be fun. And I'd bet you'd like to one day raid a GCR, or even a large region like NationStates. Does that mean either of our goals will happen? No. But we can certainly try our best and have fun along the way, am I right?

I'm going to also add this post to my list. I may or may not use it though. *adds to list* :D

...carry on.

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:27 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:How do you know we don't already have several grand plans brewing? We didn't tell you before we knew who you were, so why would we now? :P Unlike Neph,we see no need to broadcast our medium and long term goals, but rather are quite content to work towards them in the shadows.

I don't trust that SilverSentinel character either so kudos, but its dark in the shadows and we have to wear hoods all the time and give passerbys dark and angry looks. I mean sure we will get more done that way but will we be happy?
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:29 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:SO yeah, if you can poke Silver/Noble into doing some, or any other newbies, I'll take them out for a run.

EWS you have knack for naming things don't know why I didn't think of Silver Noble that's a great idea! Also I liked the informal Anti-Unity name you gave to the anti-TBR coalition. Good Stuff
Last edited by NoblePhnx on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:34 am

Generally that's the goals of raiders :P Yet I don't see us saying where. I certainly don't see us failing to take TRR ;)

And as a matter of fact, I think you're quite great at getting new players to join up with you. However you cannot deny that TEK did not have a big operation succeed, did not liberate anywhere, and manged to lose almost everyone that got rank. Obviously there's the four of us, along with Ave and UN, but did Noble ever tell you that he was considering leaving for CoF and putting more time into Silver? There's a reason why TEK leaked skill like a bucket with a hole. Even just tags - I went back, when you shut down the region, through every TEK raid report ever. YOu know how many were left? 16 Regions. There's less now.

Add it to whatever list you wish. We all have posts that can be brought up in the future as embarrassing, and you're no exception. For example, if we did one day raid one of those regions, this'd look quite silly.

Long story short, you like to talk a big talk, but the fights you fought, both when I was with you and after, failed to live anywhere near to that. Here, we're going for the opposite. A lot less talk, and a lot more action.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:37 am

NoblePhnx wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:SO yeah, if you can poke Silver/Noble into doing some, or any other newbies, I'll take them out for a run.

EWS you have knack for naming things don't know why I didn't think of Silver Noble that's a great idea! Also I liked the informal Anti-Unity name you gave to the anti-TBR coalition. Good Stuff

Wat. ?? :P

How about Nobilis Argentum? Noble SIlver :P

NoblePhnx wrote:I don't trust that SilverSentinel character either so kudos, but its dark in the shadows and we have to wear hoods all the time and give passerbys dark and angry looks. I mean sure we will get more done that way but will we be happy?

I assure you, I'm quite happy :)

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:20 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
NoblePhnx wrote:EWS you have knack for naming things don't know why I didn't think of Silver Noble that's a great idea! Also I liked the informal Anti-Unity name you gave to the anti-TBR coalition. Good Stuff

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Wat. ?? :P

On the Sicarius RMB you wrote in response to the dead on arrival EMP(Eternal Military Pact) which at the time was compromised mainly of TEK,CoF and a few others like Sanctuary that this anti-tbr coalition could be thought of as an Anti-Unity which I remember thinking was a better name than EMP.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:How about Nobilis Argentum? Noble SIlver :P

Back to the puppet creator we go!
Last edited by NoblePhnx on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:52 pm

Oh yes, because it was a strange...kinda...unity against unity. More of an alliance of imperialist regions than the unspoken raider pact. I just found it amusing that for all the outcry against Unity, they turned and made their own group of unified regions. "I'll make my own unity, with defending and speeches!"

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:31 pm

Yeah. Not only will we grow, but we will destroy the UDL and get a sleeper elected delegate of a pacific within three months.

Good luck :P
Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

United Nationals
Envoy

Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Nationals » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:42 pm

while we"re at it might as well take the rejected realms too
Sometimes I like to stand in a hole and pretend im a carrot.
I Like Video Games.
I like Potatoes. lots and lots of potatoes.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:48 am

United Nationals wrote:while we"re at it might as well take the rejected realms too

UN, we'll do that when we take every single GCR in one update.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Valrifell wrote:
United Nationals wrote:while we"re at it might as well take the rejected realms too

You just need 200 updaters,no big deal right? just ask GRO
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

Pfft... Only two hundred? We can manage easily. Because you know, getting a force more than twice the size of your entire region is simple!
Last edited by The Sapientia on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:57 pm

The Sapientia wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:

Pfft... Only two hundred? We can manage easily. Because you know, getting a force more than twice the size of your entire region is simple!

I know, they don't even take into account our reserves of, what is it now? 500?

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:16 pm

Guys if you keep joking about taking over GCR's, someone might think you're serious and declare war! Now I know we're not Lazarus but..

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Assassin ShadowX
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assassin ShadowX » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:23 am

My fellow Sicarii.

I grieves me to say this, but it must be said. Two days ago I have resigned from my position in Sicarius, a region that I have helped build since right after its inception.

The reason? Well to put it simply, too much headache. Over the last month or so, more and more administrative issues seemed to have risen in Sicarius. Numerous conflicts about the direction of the region seemed to spring up within the Dominus Sicarii and our Dominus Imperator (Valrifell, The Sapientia, Ever Wandering Souls, and me) far too many conflicts to my liking and more to worry about in the already extend period of time I dedicate to NS.

In my real-life I am a full time, fourth year university student and I also work part time in a tech company. I don't get a lot of free time, but I do manage to slip NS somewhere between the cracks. Now it seems these cracks can no longer hold this hobby of mine, and the hobby itself has gotten less fun as late.

You see, all I wanted was to raid, that's what got me into this thing in the first place. Alas, I was caught in the snare of bureaucracy and regional government.

When I first joined Sicarius, it was quite an exciting affair for me. An opportunity to shape something good into something greater. Valrifell seemed far better than the leader of my previous region, a menace who regarded himself as king and all else were his pawns. Val was nothing like that. He listened to his people, consulted others before acting.

With a leader like him, my vision of a prominent raiding organization and a prosperous community seemed close at hand. I saw this vision through order, structure, something unbreakable; though perhaps my ideas for Sicarius made it too rigid and brittle.

I demanded much of myself and my fellow Sicarii to do everything to perfection: Write the military guide, fix the forum, write this telegram, do this edit, change that thing... there was no fun at all.

Then about a month ago, I felt as if Val became indifferent about his region. It seemed that he no longer was as enthusiastic about Sicarius as he used to... this was the beginning of the end. I believe it was at this point that stagnation hit us. The officers of the Dominus Sicarii argued about how to govern a raiding region, that has been raiding less and less every day.

Too much headache; no fun at all.

The last straw for me was the conflict that arose from allowing certain parties from TEK to come into Sicarius with open arms, after TEK was shut down. Valrifell completely ignored my warnings that these individuals are a menace that hold no loyalty except to their old master, and once their old master reopens TEK, they will stab Sicarius in the back and go back to where they came from.

"We have a place for everyone!" our news thread says, but is it wise to include the treacherous and unfaithful to our region?

Not only that, but Val gave these individuals free rein to speak however they like to their higher ranking officers, without enforcing any true consequences. If anyone can come to Sicarius and speak disrespectfully to a ranking officer with no consequences, then the truth is that the rank of this officer is meaningless.

The ensuing conflicts about this nonsense was the final stroke. Too much headache; no fun at all.

People might criticize, praise, or be disappointed by my resignation, but it's all irrelevant to me now. This is my last post in this thread, and the last time I will look into it.

What is to happen to my nation? It will go inactive, perhaps CTE altogether. I have been in NS SINCE 2009, and if I rise again, it will be with a nation that no one knows off, in a corner of NS long forgotten.

Finally, to Val, Sap, and Souls specifically:

A lot of accusations were thrown at me in my time among you; though there is only 2 undeniable truths that are out there: I regret none of the time I have spent with you, and that everything that I have done was with the intentions of benefitting our region as I have placed Sicarius first and foremost.

My resignation is not to spite any of you three, despite any disagreements between us. It is simply because everything must come to an end, and my time in the Dominus Sicarii is done.

I wish you the best of luck in future endeavors; good day to you all.

-The Assassin ShadowX
September 14th, 2014.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:45 am

Mission accomplished, aye?
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:08 am

Nephmir wrote:Mission accomplished, aye?

Nay!
The RL issues have began to get in the way, so tagging was expected to be limited as we all got our shit together in the real world. This was anticipated.

However bigger things are in the workings.

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:34 am

How did I miss this? Best of luck mate~
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Sicarius News Bot
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicarius News Bot » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:44 am

While there's always another side to the story, we don't feel the need to air it forumside. We wish our old region-mate the best of luck in his future endeavors in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

In other news, we'd like to Welcome Sicarius News Bot 2! While some of us are okay with the iffy and non-encouraged process of sharing a news bot or other puppet, as we have tag parties led by members with... less than clean warning histories, we prefer not to risk that being associated with us. A such, we welcome Newsie2 to the reporting team, and may soon see a Newsie3!

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:00 am

Valrifell wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Mission accomplished, aye?

Nay!
The RL issues have began to get in the way, so tagging was expected to be limited as we all got our shit together in the real world. This was anticipated.

However bigger things are in the workings.

...Shadow will know what I mean.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Sicarius News Bot
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicarius News Bot » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:58 pm

The Gates of Hades Captured!

A 12 day occupation has come to it's close as Sicarius has purged all natives from the region. What was once a medium sized, semi-active region, nearing it's 200th day of existence is now a wasteland, devoid of all but raiders.
The Gates of Hades seemed to be impenetrable. After all, they had a delegate and a password. But yet, Sicarians have proven their cunning by entering and destroying the region within two weeks.
This serves as a warning to all other passworded founderless regions. You make think your safe, but I can assure you, that you are nothing of the sort. Sicarius will find a way to bring you down.

Participating Raiders:
The Sapientia
The Assassin ShadowX
Trick Shot
SilverSentinel

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay