NATION

PASSWORD

The Somewhat-Official Warzone Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Apulita
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Apulita » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:44 pm

Looks like the warzones are hitting an inactive period.
Citizen of Warzone Europe

Malviet
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Malviet » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:11 am

At this point, we should change the name to 'Peacezone'.

Ocaeania
Secretary

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ocaeania » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:56 pm

Hey! I'm somewhat of a structural theorist here on NS and the issue of population retainment problems in Warzones was recently brought to my attention. I thought it might be interesting to take a look and see if I didn't have an idea or two as to how it might be fixed.
I came here to play chess and kick a**. And now, I just finished my chess game.

Always looking for work creating and optimizing Regional Governments.

Apulita
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Apulita » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:20 am

Ocaeania wrote:Hey! I'm somewhat of a structural theorist here on NS and the issue of population retainment problems in Warzones was recently brought to my attention. I thought it might be interesting to take a look and see if I didn't have an idea or two as to how it might be fixed.

You're welcome to look around, we're all happy to ask any questions you have. Feel free to hit me up about it if you want to discuss any implementation.

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:39 am

But there's news though!

Airspace thought it was smart and didn't listen to me when I told them to start backing The Salaxalans over Fiermont.

They vastly underestimated my (and many others) puppet army, so Salax took the 5th spot from Fiermont...

I always have Airspace's best interests at heart, even when they don't know it. :P
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Orange Peel Juice
Civilian

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Orange Peel Juice » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:37 am

Oh Codger, always doing good work.

--Khronion

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tim Stark » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:01 am

Warzone Codger wrote:But there's news though!

Airspace thought it was smart and didn't listen to me when I told them to start backing The Salaxalans over Fiermont.

They vastly underestimated my (and many others) puppet army, so Salax took the 5th spot from Fiermont...

I always have Airspace's best interests at heart, even when they don't know it. :P

We salute your contribution to the potato cause, Comrade Codger o>
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Ocaeania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ocaeania » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:01 am

How would you feel about turning the Warzones back into a warzone? with proper preparations, of course. Defense systems set up and what not. I feel as though this would be more effective than any other attempts to revitalize. I've got a few half-baked plans floating around in my head since I started thinking about it this morning. I think we could really do something with this.

New Perotasoa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Perotasoa » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:46 am

Ocaeania wrote:How would you feel about turning the Warzones back into a warzone? with proper preparations, of course. Defense systems set up and what not. I feel as though this would be more effective than any other attempts to revitalize. I've got a few half-baked plans floating around in my head since I started thinking about it this morning. I think we could really do something with this.

This is definitely a good idea. I think we have come to believe that the best for the Warzones would be to occupy them and try to make them like a normal region. If we want real activity, we must come up with unique ways.

Ocaeania, I invite you to work with WZAF to achieve radical ideas for regional growth. We will be 100% supportive.

Apulita
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Apulita » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:57 pm

Ocaeania wrote:How would you feel about turning the Warzones back into a warzone? with proper preparations, of course. Defense systems set up and what not. I feel as though this would be more effective than any other attempts to revitalize. I've got a few half-baked plans floating around in my head since I started thinking about it this morning. I think we could really do something with this.

As mentioned before, you're welcome to contact me at any point with your concepts and possible implementation.

Malviet
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Malviet » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:54 am

Warzone Codger wrote:But there's news though!

Fek you All hail potatoes yay

Ocaeania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ocaeania » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:14 am

Right. Sorry for the delay, super busy past three days. So little sleep. I'll get to working on it once I get through this bad part of the week. Probably Thursday, which I'm just realizing is tomorrow.

Malviet
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Malviet » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:33 am

Apulita wrote:

As mentioned before, you're welcome to contact me at any point with your concepts and possible implementation.

Same here; do contact me with your plans. And please do note that if you attempt to harm our inter-warzonic relationships or the security of our regimes, then I assure you on behalf of all 6 warzones that we will hunt ya down till the day we CTE.

Gatito
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gatito » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:39 am

Throughout my time here I have observed that the Warzones have deviated from their origins purpose. Really, I don't believe that there should even be native governments in them. They should be a place for regions to compete for control over, not one for people to establish homes in. We need to make the Warzones into actual Warzones.
Last edited by Gatito on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lazarus (Link) citizen
International Northwestern Union (Link) citizen (as Otitag), former 2 time delegate
Central Pacific Empire (Link) citizen (as Octuagesimo Octavo), former assemblyman prior to merger

Egoist, post-left, anarcho-naturist, luddite, apolitical lifestylist
I'm a girl, dammit

North Campbell Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Campbell Nation » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:10 am

Gatito wrote:

Throughout my time here I have observed that the Warzones have deviated from their origins purpose. Really, I don't believe that there should even be native governments in them. They should be a place for regions to compete for control over, not one for people to establish homes in. We need to make the Warzones into actual Warzones.

One could argue that the Warzones are in fact still contested, and that the "native" governments are simply winning. Admittedly, the diplomatic and historical claim to "legitimacy" helps considerably in gaining allies and deterring attacks, but that's just politics.

Besides that, most of the "hardcore" R/D people have little interest in the Warzones. Raiders have little interest in them because they can't be refounded (eliminating any reward for occupation), and tag raids are of limited value because you already have native groups ready to erase them immediately. Without natives, defenders have no reason to intervene. Even the classic "training exercises" are reduced in value because of the altered mechanics.

The way I see it, it's really just a matter of mechanical incentives. Though I'd be interested in hearing potential "solutions".
WA Proxy of The Campbell Nation
Delegate and Chairman, the People's Republic of Warzone Asia
Khronion: I gotta say, I don't envy our delegates. Hopefully they live in non-punishing time zones.
Khronion: Curiously enough, all quiet now means "3 attacks repelled from the same group at major."
Severisen: You literally couldn't have missed the point more, even if you endorsed the native delegate.
Until I say otherwise, assume what I am saying does not represent the official views of the People's Republic of Warzone Asia. I get into much less trouble that way.

Etoarmaapitm
Lobbyist

Founded: May 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Etoarmaapitm » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:30 pm

I would also like to note that the existence of our governments and communities do add more value to go after Warzones than without them...for the most part...

Gatito
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gatito » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:02 pm

Etoarmaapitm wrote:I would also like to note that the existence of our governments and communities do add more value to go after Warzones than without them...for the most part...

It just seems odd to me that stability has been reached in regions that were seemingly created with the intention of being unstable. The problem is that there's nothing to spur said instability.
Lazarus (Link) citizen
International Northwestern Union (Link) citizen (as Otitag), former 2 time delegate
Central Pacific Empire (Link) citizen (as Octuagesimo Octavo), former assemblyman prior to merger

Egoist, post-left, anarcho-naturist, luddite, apolitical lifestylist
I'm a girl, dammit

Ocaeania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ocaeania » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:37 pm

Hey, do the leaders of their respective regions have Skype/access to discordapp.com? I think it's be best if we were all able to discuss in a more private area.

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Ocaeania wrote:Hey, do the leaders of their respective regions have Skype/access to discordapp.com? I think it's be best if we were all able to discuss in a more private area.

Vice-Chairman of Warzone Asia here. I have access to Skype and Discord.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:42 pm

District XIV wrote:
Ocaeania wrote:Hey, do the leaders of their respective regions have Skype/access to discordapp.com? I think it's be best if we were all able to discuss in a more private area.

Vice-Chairman of Warzone Asia here. I have access to Skype and Discord.

How's that refound of Panem coming along?

Apulita
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Apulita » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Gatito wrote:
Etoarmaapitm wrote:I would also like to note that the existence of our governments and communities do add more value to go after Warzones than without them...for the most part...

It just seems odd to me that stability has been reached in regions that were seemingly created with the intention of being unstable. The problem is that there's nothing to spur said instability.

There have been plenty of things to spur instability, like the regions of Esamir and the Liberators of NS who tried to take over all warzones, or like the Association of Imperialism which toppled a regime because it's leader didn't like them. The reason there has been "stability" in some of the warzones simply derives from the fact that dedicated and powerful raiders don't generally care about the Warzones, and the fact that through active military and diplomatic methods, the "native" governments of the Warzones have been capable of keeping power.

We're not denying the Warzones' expressed purpose of being tougher to hold thanks to unique mechanics, and explicitly gameplay regions where all invasions are justified. People are totally allowed to try to topple our regimes, we wouldn't complain that it's not fair. We'd get to work on taking it back.

I'm on Discord under the same name. It's probably easiest to find me through the WZEU discord channel, it's on our WFE. :)

Malviet
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Malviet » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:57 am

I have access to Discord; you will find me in either Airspace's or Europe's server.

Malviet
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Malviet » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:57 am

Hey guys! I am speaking to you as Foreign Affairs Minister of the West Pacific.

TWP has decided to dedicate a week to Autism Awareness.

To do so, we will be Painting our WFE blue, and promoting dispatches with information and linking to Autism Awareness pages around the web.

The actually Autism Awareness Day was last April 2nd, and since we missed it, we were thinking of doing a full week, as of this coming Monday.

I'll be bringing more details these comming days, but we would love as many regions as possible to join us.

Please ask should you have any question!

Etoarmaapitm
Lobbyist

Founded: May 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Etoarmaapitm » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:46 pm

I'm mainly on WZEU's and WZAS's (Warzone Airspace) Discord. However I really do hate it and much prefer IRC.

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:15 am

North Campbell Nation wrote:The way I see it, it's really just a matter of mechanical incentives. Though I'd be interested in hearing potential "solutions".

Try this 5 year old thread for starters. Warzones - Dull to Dandy. It was the last serious push for technical suggestions to make Warzones more attractive. (You'll also find some evidence of when I was active!)
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay