NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Knights: Farewell Address

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Nephmir wrote:They'd always let their puppets in their trophies CTE and then refound them again; you'd have to go back a little further.

Anyway, my final words on the matter: They raided, they were tagged "Invader", and taught new members how to raid, hence they were a Raider region, simple as that. We are still not strong enough to face Raider Unity (for now), so why not start with the groups that aren't a part of it? We have to start somewhere, and that was merely the first step on a long journey. It only gets better after this.

Criticism and loophole searching is still welcome, of course, I just won't respond to it :p

Why not do....hmm. The Coalition of Freedom! Yeah! They're not a part of unity, do them next :P You've already got some well placed sleepers in high positions, I know it!
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Baghdad Bob
Envoy

Founded: Mar 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Baghdad Bob » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:04 pm

Nephmir wrote:They'd always let their puppets in their trophies CTE and then refound them again; you'd have to go back a little further.

Anyway, my final words on the matter: They raided, they were tagged "Invader", and taught new members how to raid, hence they were a Raider region, simple as that. We are still not strong enough to face Raider Unity (for now), so why not start with the groups that aren't a part of it? We have to start somewhere, and that was merely the first step on a long journey. It only gets better after this.

Criticism and loophole searching is still welcome, of course, I just won't respond to it :p

Wrong, a region tagged invader is not necessarily a Raider region. And if you say they raided then you don't know what raiding is.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Baghdad Bob wrote:

Wrong, a region tagged invader is not necessarily a Raider region. And if you say they raided then you don't know what raiding is.

Um... I don't know what raiding is... yet I just destroyed a region with an active founder, password, and non-executive delegate position?

'Kay.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Pretty cool raid.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:26 pm

Cool story bro
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:41 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Why not do....hmm. The Coalition of Freedom! Yeah! They're not a part of unity, do them next :P You've already got some well placed sleepers in high positions, I know it!

:eek: EWS you blew my cover m8 I hope Rift doesn't see this!
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Bearon wrote:Tag. It's an interesting thread to read.

Tag posts are considered spam.

Blood Wine wrote:Cool story bro

So is just posting memes.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:13 pm

Crazy girl wrote:

Sorry sir/ma'm
Nothing to see here. Move along.

Riftend
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:25 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:

ahaha - no don't do that. Silly man~ XD

Raider Unity is a crock

Not to mention id feel pretty - iffy - if someone from TEK ran for delegate...wouldn't make sense XD
Last edited by Riftend on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About Me
True Neutral
Economic Left/Right: 1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Freedom is not a right - but a privilege provided through citizenship
------------------------------Raider------------------------------
| CoF Foreign Relations | Riftend's Factbook | CoF Overview |

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:12 am

Crazy girl wrote:

Even posting a meme intended to convey a message?
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:41 am

Riftend wrote:Raider Unity is a crock

TEK is a crock.

See, I can toss that word around all willy-nilly too! :p
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:54 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Riftend wrote:Raider Unity is a crock

TEK is a crock.

See, I can toss that word around all willy-nilly too! :p

I like crock pots.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:26 am

Any comment on the loss of your occupation during it's refound?

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Volanowsh
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Volanowsh » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:39 am

Nephmir wrote:
« 21 day occupation comes to an end! »

Although slightly longer than expected due to some complications, The Eternal Knights, with aid from our allies in Coalition of Freedom and Aura Hyperia, seized and emptied The United Study Group of remaining inactive puppets and natives after the active natives fled to The Remnants of The United Study Group when their founder was deleted. The region, initially seized by Sicarius on a "Stealth Raid", was set for destruction as an easy Raider target. The Defenders later arrived on the scene to clean up, but later left and abandoned the region, only to be seized again by the same organization within a single update after departing. Nephmir and NoblePhnx quickly seized the region before it could be captured again, removed the TEK sleeper from the ban list, and immediately transferred endorsements over to the new nation, calling in reinforcements, without facing any resistance.

No counter-raid or liberation was attempted. (Special thanks to Riftend for unnecessarily manning the ban hammer for a week). When we realized that nobody was going to oppose us, we stopped defending the region altogether, with still no recapture attempted.

The region will be refounded and the puppet transferred to the founder of The Remnants of The United Study Group.

OPPS! Someone forgot to send me a memo it seems. Now look what happened in The United Study Group

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:45 am

Stolen refound! 21 days made meaningless! Early celebration of victory properly crapped on! :clap:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:23 am

I am not ashamed to admit defeat... if that is what you would like to call it.

I feel it important to state what happened and why the refound failed, free of TEK and TBR propaganda.

I was preparing a trigger, yet something came up IRL, and I had to leave and walk away for a few minutes; so I jumped a full minute early while another Eternal Knight attempted to refound the region.

I do not really care about the region; only the natives that were supposed to have it. I've come to expect gloating from TBR, but this:
Drop Your Pants wrote:I thought TEK got the refound, glad it was you.

really concerns me. You would rather the region is lost to TBR hands then us refounding it simply because you despise our organization for past instances that we have since grown out of? I certainly hope you don't speak on behalf of the 5 remaining Defenders in existence.

I would remove the word "Defender" in all forms from your signature. I've met Defenders with no GP experience that I can expect more from.

Ridersyl wrote:Stolen refound! 21 days made meaningless! Early celebration of victory properly crapped on! :clap:

Had revenge not already been in the making since before this instance, I'd probably say something rash in response to this. However, I will simply say this, as follows, which applies to you and the rest of Halcones' minions:

I know you and your kind feed off of this stuff, so enjoy your celebratory feast and hollow victory. When your region has been brought to its knees next year, It will be a painful reminder that you forgot to store food; and your organization will starve to death, as is the way of the Black Rider.
Last edited by Nephmir on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:31 am

Nephmir wrote:I know you and your kind feed off of this stuff, so enjoy your celebratory feast and hollow victory. When your region has been brought to its knees next year, It will be a painful reminder that you forgot to store food; and your organization will starve to death, as is the way of the Black Rider.

Not this again :rofl: come on Nephmir, I thought you got past that fiction phase and moved into reality.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:32 am

Cora at least is No One's Minion, if recent times have proven anything.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:37 am

Feuer Ritter wrote:
Nephmir wrote:I know you and your kind feed off of this stuff, so enjoy your celebratory feast and hollow victory. When your region has been brought to its knees next year, It will be a painful reminder that you forgot to store food; and your organization will starve to death, as is the way of the Black Rider.

Not this again :rofl: come on Nephmir, I thought you got past that fiction phase and moved into reality.

The reality is behind that metaphor; you have to figure it out yourselves. I've foreshadowed what is to come in various metaphors throughout the past few months, but none of you have ever thought to look into the meaning and take them literally.

Criticize away, I'll be listening. Call me a fool, call me ignorant, spread your lies and propaganda; after all, you've had an excellent accomplishment to brag about today.

I am done here.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:40 am

*Puts on glasses*

"When your region has been brought to its knees next year, It will be a painful reminder that you forgot to store food; and your organization will starve to death, as is the way of the Black Rider."

I *think* he might be saying that by stealing all the n00b recruits, he's going to starve you of new members so as your old raiders slowly leave NS you will die out. However, that only works if he can keep his people, Unlike Me, Shadow, Sap, and Val.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:44 am

Victory is what keeps the people around. Without victory your people will go tired and will jump ship. And is not the first time that happens to you.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:50 am

really concerns me. You would rather the region is lost to TBR hands then us refounding it simply because you despise our organization for past instances that we have since grown out of? I certainly hope you don't speak on behalf of the 5 remaining Defenders in existence.

I would remove the word "Defender" in all forms from your signature. I've met Defenders with no GP experience that I can expect more from.

There's at least 8 of us :P

I respect TBR more than TEK. At least TBR do exactly what they say they do, you just talk in riddles about master plans.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Feuer Ritter wrote:Victory is what keeps the people around. Without victory your people will go tired and will jump ship. And is not the first time that happens to you.

And the Black Riders - and this should not be taken as a criticism - mainly practice a style of raiding where it is almost impossible to lose.

That's what keeps people around, victories do more for morale than anything else.

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Nierr wrote:
Feuer Ritter wrote:Victory is what keeps the people around. Without victory your people will go tired and will jump ship. And is not the first time that happens to you.

And the Black Riders - and this should not be taken as a criticism - mainly practice a style of raiding where it is almost impossible to lose.

That's what keeps people around, victories do more for morale than anything else.

We practice all styles of raiding. What TEK lacks is a command core, TBR has no central leader, it's run by a General Staff that takes decisions by vote.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Feuer Ritter wrote:
Nierr wrote:And the Black Riders - and this should not be taken as a criticism - mainly practice a style of raiding where it is almost impossible to lose.

We practice all styles of raiding. What TEK lacks is a command core, TBR has no central leader, it's run by a General Staff that takes decisions by vote.

That's what Halcones wants you to think!
*cue gasp track*
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay