NATION

PASSWORD

Operation Revival - Refounding Christmas

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:Who is Zaph and why are both TEK and defenders now endorsing him?

Just like to bring this back up....

Is TEK just jumping on the winning bandwagon, or has there been some kind of truce/agreement? I'm assuming Zaph is some kind of 'Fender lead, considering the manner of the endorsement gains, source of those endorsements (until TEK), and lack of RMB posting through it all. From a not too in depth look, Zaph does appear to have been in the region, if inactive, for quite a while. The massive endo-surge one day ago had numerous nations first move to christmas and then endorse Zaph. SO I'm leaning towards a conveniently-placed defender puppet....

Why not a true and active native, if you had to move then endo anyways? Or am I being mislead by the history/activity charts?

Also, nice try by assorted raiders.....I'm not sure whether Malice was not involved or it just didn't make it' way down to me, but I would've helped if we were! :P
-A lonely raider between operation who instead stared and watched Christmas pass
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Faschist Deutsch Reich
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Faschist Deutsch Reich » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:15 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Cormac A Stark wrote:Who is Zaph and why are both TEK and defenders now endorsing him?

Just like to bring this back up....

Is TEK just jumping on the winning bandwagon, or has there been some kind of truce/agreement? I'm assuming Zaph is some kind of 'Fender lead, considering the manner of the endorsement gains, source of those endorsements (until TEK), and lack of RMB posting through it all. From a not too in depth look, Zaph does appear to have been in the region, if inactive, for quite a while. The massive endo-surge one day ago had numerous nations first move to christmas and then endorse Zaph. SO I'm leaning towards a conveniently-placed defender puppet....

Why not a true and active native, if you had to move then endo anyways? Or am I being mislead by the history/activity charts?

Also, nice try by assorted raiders.....I'm not sure whether Malice was not involved or it just didn't make it' way down to me, but I would've helped if we were! :P
-A lonely raider between operation who instead stared and watched Christmas pass

I don't know exactly what is going on with plans of the passing over of power, but anyway I am all for it and like what is happening now. I am going to be happy as long as the people can work together as a team for once and support each other in this nice plan. Every now and then people have to do what is best for the good of the community and step outside the bounds of what their organisation does.
Last edited by Faschist Deutsch Reich on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RYM Account
Calimama wrote:You are the tech master now, all hail 'O Wise Technical God.

The Undead Horse
Secretary

Founded: Oct 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Undead Horse » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:58 am

Cormac A Stark wrote:Who is 1)nation]Zaph[/nation] and why are both 2)TEK and defenders now endorsing him?

1)Maybe ask Zaph :P
2)(This is for people who didn't see the conversation we had in Lazarus chat last night)

I don't know, I really don't know why TEK is endorsing Zaph. We never spoke about this, nor was anyone informed they were doing this.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:23 am

ok ok. TEK is thus tagged as 'Defender', till the day The Server Collapses.

We knew that.

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:03 am

Jolly Ole Saint Nick wrote:Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho!

I have asked folks to let me refound many times. Since that doesn't seem to be an option, I prefer we remain Founderless with the Liberation in place. I don't care if it's a warzone for Raiders and Defenders as long as the Liberation remains.

soooo...didn't anybody notice this or are we just ignoring the natives like GP always does?
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:21 am

So Called 'Natives' who cannot keep their 'Home' Regions safe doesn't deserve any 'rights'.

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:22 am

Coraxion wrote:So Called 'Natives' who cannot keep their 'Home' Regions safe doesn't deserve any 'rights'.

Then the entire concept of rights is meaningless.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:24 am

Alyekra wrote:
Coraxion wrote:So Called 'Natives' who cannot keep their 'Home' Regions safe doesn't deserve any 'rights'.

All rights are meaningless unless there is force to back them up.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Alyekra
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:31 am

Venico wrote:
Alyekra wrote:

Rights differentiate what you can do from what you should do. I, for one, don't want to have much to do with a person who believes it is permissible to do anything he is capable of.

65 dkp

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:39 am

Alyekra wrote:
Venico wrote:

Rights differentiate what you can do from what you should do. I, for one, don't want to have much to do with a person who believes it is permissible to do anything he is capable of.

My point is it doesn't matter what their rights are if they aren't being protected. A country can claim that they will hold a speedy trial and not hold you in custody forever. But what if they chose not to? If a right is as flimsy as that then what good are rights without the force to protect them? The answer is they're not.
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Alyekra
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:41 am

Venico wrote:
Alyekra wrote:

My point is it doesn't matter what their rights are if they aren't being protected. A country can claim that they will hold a speedy trial and not hold you in custody forever. But what if they chose not to? If a right is as flimsy as that then what good are rights without the force to protect them? The answer is they're not.

Just because someone doesn't get a speedy trial doesn't mean they don't have a right to it, just that the country is wrong for not giving them one.

65 dkp

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:46 am

(I think the rights of natives is tied in enough to this thread that I'll warrant another response without threadjacking too much I think)

Exactly! But if no one stops the government what good was that right. I believe the saying is "A shield of paper". The right of a native is nice thing to go on about and we can assign them all sorts of rights! But unless they're enforced they're meaningless.
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Faschist Deutsch Reich
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Faschist Deutsch Reich » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:46 pm

I back up that point 100%. If they don't do anything to help themselves fix the problem, then they don't deserve to have special rights.
RYM Account
Calimama wrote:You are the tech master now, all hail 'O Wise Technical God.

Wetwork XIII
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 12, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wetwork XIII » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:30 am

You earn rights by being active.

You protect them by the same; the inactive get the swift boot they deserve.

Nothing I've seen from TEK says that Neph is interested in anything other than his own agenda at the expense of others involved, whether calling it a liberation or invasion.
Thanks for Playing!

Byzantine Remnants
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantine Remnants » Fri May 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Wetwork XIII wrote:You earn rights by being active.

You protect them by the same; the inactive get the swift boot they deserve.

Nothing I've seen from TEK says that Neph is interested in anything other than his own agenda at the expense of others involved, whether calling it a liberation or invasion.

And what makes your path more noble? Regardless of whether it is for your benefit or your region's benefit, you stomp on the rights of others.

If Nephmir is doing this for his own benefit then by aether and abyssus, I rather be on his side. For at least he keeps others opinions in mind and his actions help the displaced

If anyone deserves a swift boot, it is your kind.
"To surrender the city to you is beyond my authority or anyone else's who lives in it, for all of us, after taking the mutual decision, shall die out of free will without sparing our lives."
"I would not go if there was any benefit to leave the city, but I can not go away. I will not leave you ever. I have decided to die with you!"-Emperor Constantine XI, last ruler of the Byzantines, and one of the greatest men ever to lead a nation.
Proud member of the Eternal Knights, Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on us.

Letoilenoir
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Letoilenoir » Sat May 03, 2014 1:15 am

Liberty 99 wrote:
Faschist Deutsch Reich wrote:Ok, so most people are not supporting who is in charge, but is anyone here supporting the idea of the refounding?

I just want to know.

Refounding Christmas would take months.

Possibly, but if the campaign starts now it could be over by Christmas
KEEP THE BLOOD CAVE FREE

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sat May 03, 2014 3:53 am

The operation is finished.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sat May 03, 2014 4:45 am

Nephmir wrote:The operation is finished.

the operation failed horrible and was a epic disaster*
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Sat May 03, 2014 7:55 am

Letoilenoir wrote:
Liberty 99 wrote:
Refounding Christmas would take months.

I commend this the smartest post anyone has made on this topic!
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sat May 03, 2014 10:25 am

NoblePhnx wrote:
Letoilenoir wrote:

I commend this the smartest post anyone has made on this topic!

I like this one better:
Dracoria wrote:Huh. So there really was a war on Christmas.

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Sat May 03, 2014 10:31 am

Technically they are raidfenders, although it's clear they have a bias towards raiding.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sun May 04, 2014 1:44 am

Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:

Technically they are raidfenders, although it's clear they have a bias towards raiding.

Technically, no they aren't and stop using that term >_<
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Mon May 05, 2014 5:57 am

For Shame...
You're gonna get Coal for this operation!
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon May 05, 2014 1:19 pm

can we stop beating the dead reindeer?

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Wed May 07, 2014 5:20 am

Port blood wrote:can we stop beating the dead reindeer?

Sorry, it's just this operation continues to ring in my head...
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay