NATION

PASSWORD

Raiders ruining RP regions yet again...

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:56 am

The South Polish Union wrote:
Whiskum wrote:Actually, you will find that SCOP attacked the region of Anzia in an attempt to pursue a war against the UIAF.

Of course, Anzia is not an ally of any of the UIAF regions. We never promised to defend it; only to offer it non-aggression.

However, that did not SCOP from attacking that region in an attempt to pursue hostilities against us.

The UIAF and Anzia were both signatories of the Green-Black Concordat. As both parties signed an official diplomatic agreement, they were therefore allied. Apparently you do not understand what the purpose of such diplomatic agreements really are.

:roll:
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Whiskum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:59 am

The South Polish Union wrote:
Whiskum wrote:Actually, you will find that SCOP attacked the region of Anzia in an attempt to pursue a war against the UIAF.

Of course, Anzia is not an ally of any of the UIAF regions. We never promised to defend it; only to offer it non-aggression.

However, that did not SCOP from attacking that region in an attempt to pursue hostilities against us.

The UIAF and Anzia were both signatories of the Green-Black Concordat. As both parties signed an official diplomatic agreement, they were therefore allied. Apparently you do not understand what the purpose of such diplomatic agreements really are.

Not every official diplomatic agreement is an alliance.

For example, a peace treaty following a war between two parties might be an official diplomatic agreement, but it is not an alliance.

In the Green Black Concordat, the only commitment made by the UIAF towards these regions is non-aggression.

They make an additional commitment to us in exchange for that, namely to supply troops, but we make no such commitment towards them.

An alliance implies the full range of mutual and friendly diplomatic and military relations as a minimum. We do not have that with them.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, Basileus Emeritus of Polis, etc.

Prince of Jomsborg, of Balder

Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:28 pm

Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:
Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:Don't worry, I'm leading a liberation on the region.

That's such a smart idea to just announce that on an open forum. :clap:

He's in a region called "The Darwin Allied Republics". I expect nothing less.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Totally Not Leningrad Union
Minister

Founded: Feb 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not Leningrad Union » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:That's such a smart idea to just announce that on an open forum. :clap:

What is the point that you are trying to make?
ن In Solidarity with Middle Eastern Christians ن
RIP Leningrad Union, 6583 posts and 1.243 billion people. Unjustly DEATed.

Want to join a fun forums website that isn't exclusive/selective?
Arglorand wrote:
Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:Just shut down their government already.

Unfortunately, North Korea doesn't have the Republican Party.
The Grey Wolf wrote:Yes, in this world filled with wars, murder, rape, and crime in general...

Our biggest problem is children looking at titties.

Immoren wrote:I'd think that comparing FB to Twitter and Instagram is like comparing apples and baseballs.

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:40 pm

Scissoro wrote:The only person to blame is your founder, who chose to die and abandon your region. It is common knowledge and clearly known that raiders target regions with no founders. I would recommend a hasty evacuation and re-founding.

Natives be like ""Screw this,I'm getting outta here""

Republic of Slovsko wrote:To Whom it may concern,

You mean nobody?

Scissoro wrote: You don't go to play the game Monopoly and roleplay little stories about what each person is doing in the little houses you get do you?

I do :(

Alyekra wrote:Games have morals, too. Just sometimes they aren't enforced.

Suuuuuuure,shooting people without reason or justification in CoD is SOOOOOOO moralistic

Evil Wolf wrote:

That he is failing natural selection
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Kyuji
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyuji » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:15 pm

As long as R/D exists, regions get raided
Pro :Voluntary Cannibalism (in other words the kind where people willingly offer themselves up as food) , Freedom of speech , The Austro-Hungarian Empire , The Ottoman Empire , Taoism , Gay Marriage, Martial Arts , Madoka , Kyubey
Anti :Racism , Israel , Homphobia , Bigotry , North Korea , Krav Maga, Russia

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:46 pm

I think the bigger issue here is that our region didn't vote on joining SCOP, and yet SCOP simply put our region's name as part of the alliance. Without actually checking, the raiders raided us. Don't get me wrong, I know that raiding's part of NS, I don't mind it. What's interesting to me is that the Casus Belli that raiders claimed was trumped up. If one was to take what happened, in context, does that mean that any organization can simply put any region as members, (with or without their approval,) and that automatically becomes Casus Belli for the raid? If so, that Casus Belli is weaker than Turchinov's support in East Ukraine.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Shofercia wrote:I think the bigger issue here is that our region didn't vote on joining SCOP, and yet SCOP simply put our region's name as part of the alliance. Without actually checking, the raiders raided us. Don't get me wrong, I know that raiding's part of NS, I don't mind it. What's interesting to me is that the Casus Belli that raiders claimed was trumped up. If one was to take what happened, in context, does that mean that any organization can simply put any region as members, (with or without their approval,) and that automatically becomes Casus Belli for the raid? If so, that Casus Belli is weaker than Turchinov's support in East Ukraine.

If the name of your region is invoked against the United Imperial Armed Forces, then unless you repudiate it, you can be assured of retaliation.

Slavya's listed membership of SCOP between 3rd January and 7th January formed one element of the justification outlined in the statement.

If SCOP was being misleading in how it represented itself in relation to these regions, then that is between you and them.

Any region with an association with any group which undertakes actions hostile to the UIAF can expect to be hold responsible until they denounce them.

As Slavya has now unconditionally accepted our terms and repudiated SCOP, we can proceed differently, but the original basis stands entirely.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Whiskum wrote:
Shofercia wrote:I think the bigger issue here is that our region didn't vote on joining SCOP, and yet SCOP simply put our region's name as part of the alliance. Without actually checking, the raiders raided us. Don't get me wrong, I know that raiding's part of NS, I don't mind it. What's interesting to me is that the Casus Belli that raiders claimed was trumped up. If one was to take what happened, in context, does that mean that any organization can simply put any region as members, (with or without their approval,) and that automatically becomes Casus Belli for the raid? If so, that Casus Belli is weaker than Turchinov's support in East Ukraine.

If the name of your region is invoked against the United Imperial Armed Forces, then unless you repudiate it, you can be assured of retaliation.

Slavya's listed membership of SCOP between 3rd January and 7th January formed one element of the justification outlined in the statement.

If SCOP was being misleading in how it represented itself in relation to these regions, then that is between you and them.

Any region with an association with any group which undertakes actions hostile to the UIAF can expect to be hold responsible until they denounce them.

As Slavya has now unconditionally accepted our terms and repudiated SCOP, we can proceed differently, but the original basis stands entirely.

You're basically expecting us to watch all alliance boards, to ensure that our name isn't randomly mentioned, and report to UIAF if the name is randomly mentioned? That's a very absurd requirement to have, since our members can be more productive with their time. We aren't going to do that. If you want to use that as a Casus Belli, you should make sure that our government members actually made posts, not some random nations claiming to post on our behalf. How would you like it if your region was invaded because someone made a post on your behalf without getting your region to vote on it? And we didn't really change anything. We were in full agreement with your terms before you invaded, during your invasion, and after your invasion. SCOP's illegal inclusion of Slavya, something that we didn't really know about, doesn't change that.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Port blood wrote:
Alyekra wrote:Games have morals, too. Just sometimes they aren't enforced.

Suuuuuuure,shooting people without reason or justification in CoD is SOOOOOOO moralistic

Different types of games will have different moral systems. It's wrong to Teamkill in CoD.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Totally Not Leningrad Union
Minister

Founded: Feb 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not Leningrad Union » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Alyekra wrote:
Port blood wrote:

Different types of games will have different moral systems. It's wrong to Teamkill in CoD.

dude it's a fucking video game that 12 year olds play
ن In Solidarity with Middle Eastern Christians ن
RIP Leningrad Union, 6583 posts and 1.243 billion people. Unjustly DEATed.

Want to join a fun forums website that isn't exclusive/selective?
Arglorand wrote:
Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:Just shut down their government already.

Unfortunately, North Korea doesn't have the Republican Party.
The Grey Wolf wrote:Yes, in this world filled with wars, murder, rape, and crime in general...

Our biggest problem is children looking at titties.

Immoren wrote:I'd think that comparing FB to Twitter and Instagram is like comparing apples and baseballs.

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:01 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Whiskum wrote:If the name of your region is invoked against the United Imperial Armed Forces, then unless you repudiate it, you can be assured of retaliation.

You're basically expecting us to watch all alliance boards, to ensure that our name isn't randomly mentioned, and report to UIAF if the name is randomly mentioned? That's a very absurd requirement to have, since our members can be more productive with their time. We aren't going to do that. If you want to use that as a Casus Belli, you should make sure that our government members actually made posts, not some random nations claiming to post on our behalf. How would you like it if your region was invaded because someone made a post on your behalf without getting your region to vote on it? And we didn't really change anything. We were in full agreement with your terms before you invaded, during your invasion, and after your invasion. SCOP's illegal inclusion of Slavya, something that we didn't really know about, doesn't change that.

You do not need to watch all alliance boards to look for random mentions of your name.

You simply need to be aware of the actions of your members and allies in the context of events, such as the invasion of Slavia, connected to you.

It may be that SCOP acted misleadingly and you may feel that this has led to you being treated unfairly. However, that is quite simply not our business.

We simply identify suitable targets with material connections to those who have opposed us.

That is the policy that protects the interests of the UIAF regions.

As for our terms, they involved apologising for SCOP's actions, thereby facing up to your responsibilities for what was done in your name.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:02 pm

Alyekra wrote:

dude it's a fucking video game that 12 year olds play

IDK much about CoD honestly.

But any game that really allows you to make choices will have right and wrong choices.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Who defines right and wrong though? Can any choice be objectively called wrong? Without a set of rules or a specified goal there is no right or wrong choice. If you have a specified goal (General Patton taking North Africa for example) there are objectively right and wrong choices because you have a goal to measure your success. When there are sets of rules there are objectively right and wrong choices. Did you break a rule that you fall under the jurisdiction of? If yes then you have made the wrong choice.

Since NationStates as a game generally lacks a goal outside of having fun and raiding is within the boundaries of the rules, it cannot be called a wrong choice. Of course you can say in your opinion it's wrong but what makes your opinion better than mine?
Last edited by Venico on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:42 pm

Zaolat wrote:
The South Polish Union wrote:The UIAF and Anzia were both signatories of the Green-Black Concordat. As both parties signed an official diplomatic agreement, they were therefore allied. Apparently you do not understand what the purpose of such diplomatic agreements really are.

:roll:

The only people involved on either side of this treaty, or R/D, who have the right to be proud is Slavya.

Thank you for ignoring the abstract, meaningless bulltripe of 'regional sovereignty in gameplay' to get back to actually doing something productive.

Everybody else can go circlejerk over who's more moral again.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Why does Slavya have a right to be proud? They got Goomba stomped into next week and then caved in to their new overlords demands. I call them sheep.
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:03 pm

Venico wrote:Why does Slavya have a right to be proud? They got Goomba stomped into next week and then caved in to their new overlords demands. I call them sheep.

That's a little bit like arguing that Mothers Against Drunk Driving are sheep for not standing up for the rights of the Ukranian minorities in the Crimea.

They should be proud that they have a good head on their shoulders and know where they want to put their effort in.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:35 pm

I don't understand that analogy mate. They got smashed and surrendered. Are they smart for not putting up a fight? Or gutless? They submitted to their attacker's will and demands. That's surrendering.
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Alyekra wrote:
Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:dude it's a fucking video game that 12 year olds play

IDK much about CoD honestly.

But any game that really allows you to make choices will have right and wrong choices.

Wrong.

nintendogs
Either pet a dog,or take it out for a walk
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:08 am

What will help us better understand the debate over morality in NationStates? I know! Call of Duty and Nintendogs!

:rofl: Oh you guys.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Faschist Deutsch Reich
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Faschist Deutsch Reich » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:33 am

Ridersyl wrote:What will help us better understand the debate over morality in NationStates? I know! Call of Duty and Nintendogs!

That's pretty much the same thing I was wondering... what has the world honestly come to? :palm:
RYM Account
Calimama wrote:You are the tech master now, all hail 'O Wise Technical God.

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:47 am

Faschist Deutsch Reich wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:What will help us better understand the debate over morality in NationStates? I know! Call of Duty and Nintendogs!

That's pretty much the same thing I was wondering... what has the world honestly come to? :palm:

Well,we came to talking about nintendogs and CoD

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:25 am

Bolkania wrote:I firmly support the idea that a system should be implemented so that RPing regions can avoid gamely and hostile takeovers.

So do I. Which is why I implemented one. Renounce all ties to gameplay permanently. Don't engage in defending. Then say "We want to be in the Green Black Concordat." And you're done. You've already arguably done the first one and can, through inaction, achieve the second. And if you want, I can make the third one easier. I can just ask you if you want the protection of the Concordat as a role playing region and you can just nod. Or say nothing. Then you can write in peace and not even go into the Gameplay forum again. Wouldn't that be nice? To have that peace of mind? Not to mention being able to sleep through updates until the end of time.

Everyone wins. You guys can go write in peace, the R/I people you were previously at war at have one less enemy to worry about and eliminate a defender recruiting ground.

So, to summarize, if writing truly is your first priority and you GENUINELY want role players exempted from gameplay so that they can write, you'll join the Concordat. If you don't, your complaints lose their credibility.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:

That I'm dumb, I don't care.

Dremaur
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 17, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dremaur » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm

when did anzia become the hieght of conversation? I remember raiding them awhile back.
The East Pacific
~~All opinions are my own unless otherwise specified~~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay