NATION

PASSWORD

Raiders ruining RP regions yet again...

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:29 pm

smells like a horse here
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:35 pm

Delmonte wrote:
Bolkania wrote:I firmly support the idea that a system should be implemented so that RPing regions can avoid gamely and hostile takeovers.

So do I. Which is why I implemented one. Renounce all ties to gameplay permanently. Don't engage in defending. Then say "We want to be in the Green Black Concordat." And you're done. You've already arguably done the first one and can, through inaction, achieve the second. And if you want, I can make the third one easier. I can just ask you if you want the protection of the Concordat as a role playing region and you can just nod. Or say nothing. Then you can write in peace and not even go into the Gameplay forum again. Wouldn't that be nice? To have that peace of mind? Not to mention being able to sleep through updates until the end of time.

Everyone wins. You guys can go write in peace, the R/I people you were previously at war at have one less enemy to worry about and eliminate a defender recruiting ground.

So, to summarize, if writing truly is your first priority and you GENUINELY want role players exempted from gameplay so that they can write, you'll join the Concordat. If you don't, your complaints lose their credibility.

No.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Kyuji
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyuji » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Delmonte wrote:
Bolkania wrote:I firmly support the idea that a system should be implemented so that RPing regions can avoid gamely and hostile takeovers.

So do I. Which is why I implemented one. Renounce all ties to gameplay permanently. Don't engage in defending. Then say "We want to be in the Green Black Concordat." And you're done. You've already arguably done the first one and can, through inaction, achieve the second. And if you want, I can make the third one easier. I can just ask you if you want the protection of the Concordat as a role playing region and you can just nod. Or say nothing. Then you can write in peace and not even go into the Gameplay forum again. Wouldn't that be nice? To have that peace of mind? Not to mention being able to sleep through updates until the end of time.

Everyone wins. You guys can go write in peace, the R/I people you were previously at war at have one less enemy to worry about and eliminate a defender recruiting ground.

So, to summarize, if writing truly is your first priority and you GENUINELY want role players exempted from gameplay so that they can write, you'll join the Concordat. If you don't, your complaints lose their credibility.

This smells like spam.
Pro :Voluntary Cannibalism (in other words the kind where people willingly offer themselves up as food) , Freedom of speech , The Austro-Hungarian Empire , The Ottoman Empire , Taoism , Gay Marriage, Martial Arts , Madoka , Kyubey
Anti :Racism , Israel , Homphobia , Bigotry , North Korea , Krav Maga, Russia

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:38 pm

I was merely demonstrating that this whole "Aahh! They're ruining roleplaying regions!" nonsense is nothing more than a clever gambit. This post which, bizarrely, was posted mere hours before a lengthy apology was attempting to invoke the furor that swept the Role Playing community some months ago when Greater Dienstad was raided. Even though the people behind this post obviously realized how impossible that would be, that doesn't make the initial attempt any less disingenuous. That is what I take issue with. I am out to protect role playing regions. So when people try to merely co-opt them to be politicized, I take that seriously. And that is what happened here. Given that an apology was issued soon after, though not for this specifically, I'm not terribly concerned. But this needed to be addressed.
Last edited by Delmonte on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Delmonte wrote:I was merely demonstrating that this whole "Aahh! They're ruining roleplaying regions!" nonsense is nothing more than a clever gambit. This post which, bizarrely, was posted mere hours before a lengthy apology was attempting to invoke the furor that swept the Role Playing community some months ago when Greater Dienstad was raided. Even though the people behind this post obviously realized how impossible that would be, that doesn't make the initial attempt any less disingenuous. That is what I take issue with. I am out to protect role playing regions. So when people try to merely co-opt them to be politicized, I take that seriously. And that is what happened here. Given that an apology was issued soon after, though not for this specifically, I'm not terribly concerned. But this needed to be addressed.

Slavya has a long history of being active in II regionally (though recently that has slacked off a bit). Slavia/Slavska does not have such a history, and although it has engaged in RP to some extent, I do not think that most of its members consider it a role playing region. The members of Slavya, on the other hand, most certainly do.

There was no complaint about raiders destroying RP regions when Slavia was invaded, as Slavia is not a RP region. Slavya, however, is a RP region, and the complaints based off of that fact, however sensationalized or irrational, are therefore not "disingenuous" as you would like to think.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Republic of Greater America
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Greater America » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:38 pm

All hail the raiders! May all liberal democratic swine regions burn in dictatorial flames!! Hail the AoD!!!

Kazark
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazark » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:05 pm

Just join the WA, get endorsments from other non-raiders in your region. And beat the crap out of the raiders, and take your region back. I did it in a past account.
GENERATION 69: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. (Social experiment)

Hobbesistan
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:12 pm

lol
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

(Ret.) Maintainer of the Nationstates FAQ and Deletiger (Ret.) of The East Pacific
russia's greatest

Hobbes is always winning, like Charlie Sheen. - Jurisdictions
love machine

Stop right there (hobbes), your rational thought and intellect will destroy the internet. - Sovreignry
it was a shame how

Giraffes think Hobbes regret a lot. A lot of giraffes do. - Rachel
he carried on.

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:09 am

Port blood wrote:smells like a horse here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that

Kyuji
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyuji » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:17 am

Port blood wrote:
Port blood wrote:smells like a horse here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0

Beating a dead horse?
Pro :Voluntary Cannibalism (in other words the kind where people willingly offer themselves up as food) , Freedom of speech , The Austro-Hungarian Empire , The Ottoman Empire , Taoism , Gay Marriage, Martial Arts , Madoka , Kyubey

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:35 am

Kyuji wrote:

Beating a dead horse?

Port blood wrote:You would love Sherlock

BECAUSE NO SHIT SHERLOCK

Kyuji
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyuji » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:31 am

Port blood wrote:
Kyuji wrote:Beating a dead horse?

Port blood wrote:You would love Sherlock

BECAUSE NO SHIT SHERLOCK

I was the only one who reacted to your joke.

Festavo
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Festavo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:35 am

Your region looks fine.
Also, just because you don't want to take part in gameplay doesn't mean you are or should be safe from raiding...deal with it
Knight in The Eternal Knights
Minister of Defense in Coalition of Freedom
Former Minister of Defense in The Eternal Knights
Former Private First Class in The Black Riders
One proven fact: moderators suck

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:10 am

Kyuji wrote:
Port blood wrote:

I was the only one who reacted to your joke.

....that image creeps me out

Wetwork XIII
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 12, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wetwork XIII » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:26 pm

I just had a freaking BRAINSTORM!

Don't. Go. Founderless.

And, in a second but admittedly less caps ridden epiphany-

Refound.

Why people continue to happily sail along vulnerable when it can be easily fixed is quite beyond me.
Thanks for Playing!

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:03 pm

Wetwork XIII wrote:I just had a freaking BRAINSTORM!

Don't. Go. Founderless.

Refound.

Why people continue to happily sail along vulnerable when it can be easily fixed is quite beyond me.

In the RPing community, particularly, there are a lot of reasons.

1: It's science fact that you lose upwards of 60% of members when you refound.
2: There's a great deal of prestige that goes with the older names and older regions. Success and advancement in gameplay are bestowed upon you based on your loyalty and competence. Advancement in the RPing community is far less structured and, while skill plays a part, it's much more aristocratic and delicate. Your prestige, the prestige of those you write with, and the prestige of your region directly impact your ability to write with good players. There are no "leaders" or "commanders" in RP. The community as a whole dictates the waxing and waning of your fortunes. So keeping the old region with the old players is important. They are more than tactical objectives to us.

As an example: For better or for worse, anyone in Gholgoth, Greater Dienstad, or Tyrrhenia can snap their fingers and get someone to write with them. The same is true to a lesser extent of Pardes and Sondria. These things matter and it's why our community's boat was rocked when Greater Dienstad was raided.
Last edited by Delmonte on Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

Wetwork XIII
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wetwork XIII » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:08 pm

valid points all and well said.

I would imagine however, that more care would be taken to ensure the founder was passed on or shared, given the consequences are so much more far reaching than with a normal region.
Obviously it can't be prevented in all cases, but surely casting an eye to the future in such a manner would be wise.
Thanks for Playing!

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:16 pm

Wetwork XIII wrote:valid points all and well said.

I would imagine however, that more care would be taken to ensure the founder was passed on or shared, given the consequences are so much more far reaching than with a normal region.
Obviously it can't be prevented in all cases, but surely casting an eye to the future in such a manner would be wise.

God, I wish. If those things happened, I'd beat my sword into the best Goddamn plowshare you ever saw.

Wetwork XIII
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wetwork XIII » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:47 pm

Well, I inherited the founding nation of my region. It was simply a matter of the founder not being an ass :p
Thanks for Playing!

Great Kleomentia
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kleomentia » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:11 pm

Wetwork XIII wrote:I just had a freaking BRAINSTORM!

Don't. Go. Founderless.

Refound.

Much easier said than done. And refounding can go a bit hard when the region isnt organized. And gee what kind of region isnt organized? Oh thats right, a founderless one, so silly of me!
hue

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:23 pm

Delmonte wrote:1: It's science fact that you lose upwards of 60% of members when you refound.

So? what does this matter?

Take my region for example:
would we refound at this point of time,we would be leftover with about 30 members,all active and ready to establish again,the remaining 70 people are either puppets or inactive people

See it as spring cleaning or a full reboot

Great Kleomentia wrote:Much easier said than done. And refounding can go a bit hard when the region isnt organized. And gee what kind of region isnt organized? Oh thats right, a founderless one, so silly of me!

bad regions*

A founderless region does NOT mean it's disorganized

Great Kleomentia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kleomentia » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:32 pm

Port blood wrote:
Delmonte wrote:1: It's science fact that you lose upwards of 60% of members when you refound.

would we refound at this point of time,we would be leftover with about 30 members,all active and ready to establish again,the remaining 70 people are either puppets or inactive people

Great Kleomentia wrote:Much easier said than done. And refounding can go a bit hard when the region isnt organized. And gee what kind of region isnt organized? Oh thats right, a founderless one, so silly of me!

bad regions*

A founderless region does NOT mean it's disorganized

In most cases it does.
hue

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Great Kleomentia wrote:In most cases it does.

A region without rules or rites off followup is not organized

Great Kleomentia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kleomentia » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:39 pm

Port blood wrote:
Great Kleomentia wrote:In most cases it does.

A region without rules or rites off followup is not organized

When a founder ceases to exist a major void can be created. Many nations might want to take the place of leader and thus create a turbulent and chaotic time for a region. The examples can just go on and on all day, but i think you get how lacking a founder can create quite a mess that in a lot of cases isnt that easy to fix.
hue

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Port blood wrote:

Either you don't know anything about role playing, role plays, or role players or you didn't read my post completely, but most probably both. I can only move the dots so close together for you, friend. You gotta pick up the Goddamn pencil.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay