NATION

PASSWORD

Raiders ruining RP regions yet again...

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Bolkania
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Raiders ruining RP regions yet again...

Postby Bolkania » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:14 am

During our last major update, we have seen another vicious attempt to occupy an RPing and chat region, Slavya. This is only surpassed by the raiders lying about their reasons, stating that Slavya was apart of SCOP, the Slavic co-operation pact, which has one member, and that is not Slavya. This is like saying Greenland is apart of NATO because it is in the North Atlantic, and does not have to apply. Obviously, all raiders need to write is "You have been invaded because we have nothing else to do in our in shallow existences".

I firmly support the idea that a system should be implemented so that RPing regions can avoid gamely and hostile takeovers. From experience, when you refound or move to new regions, you can lose like our case, 60% of you population. This means that the raiders essentially not only displace members, but force them to recruit again, another example of raiders ruining the game. This so called self-proclaimed "soldiers or even warriors" don't have an ounce of honour or respect in their bodies, defiling RMBs and WFEs alike.

I PETITION THESE RAIDERS TO LEAVE THIS REGION ALONE, A REGION NOT AFFILIATED WITH GAMEPLAY!
Last edited by Bolkania on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:31 am

Bolkania wrote:I PETITION THESE RAIDERS TO LEAVE THIS REGION ALONE, A REGION NOT AFFILIATED WITH GAMEPLAY!

Not affiliated with Gameplay? I disagree. Despite claims to the contrary, your region is very much involved in this conflict.

Bolkania wrote:This is like saying Greenland is apart of NATO because it is in the North Atlantic, and does not have to apply.

Greenland is part of Denmark, which is in NATO. ;)
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Bolkania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkania » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:45 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Bolkania wrote:I PETITION THESE RAIDERS TO LEAVE THIS REGION ALONE, A REGION NOT AFFILIATED WITH GAMEPLAY!

Not affiliated with Gameplay? I disagree. Despite claims to the contrary, your region is very much involved in this conflict.

Bolkania wrote:This is like saying Greenland is apart of NATO because it is in the North Atlantic, and does not have to apply.

Greenland is part of Denmark, which is in NATO. ;)

It was a example. :) (There still apart of Denmark? Why does an unearthly superpower like Greenland need Denmark?)

viewtopic.php?p=19384920#p19384920
And the above says Slavya where?

Slavya is a entirely different region to Slavska/Slavia you know?
Last edited by Bolkania on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:46 am

Wrong. your region is in the game,ergo it's involved in gameplay

As for the SCOP thing,hasn't Slavia pretty much proven that raiders do not give a damn if you say you don't belong to something like SCOP or FRA?
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Deathstroke the Terminator
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deathstroke the Terminator » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:23 am

Maybe shouldn't have affiliated with Slavska, and this would have never happened.

Scissoro
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:58 am

Scissoro Says:

The only person to blame is your founder, who chose to die and abandon your region. It is common knowledge and clearly known that raiders target regions with no founders. I would recommend a hasty evacuation and re-founding.

You win some, you lose some. NationStates Isn't a PeeWee Tee-Ball game where everyone gets a trophy at the end, its a political game with a war element. Note that its a "Game" hence the word "Gameplay". You don't go to play the game Monopoly and roleplay little stories about what each person is doing in the little houses you get do you? If you did that you would get stomped on, just as you have now.

The Defender in me says you should have joined FRA, TITO, GIRO, or any other acronym to help keep you protected... Or signed a treaty with somebody. Clearly the allies your region chose Embassy up with are of no use.
Last edited by Scissoro on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
The Global Syndicate A Dynamic, Fast Paced Region

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:06 am

I have a suggestion. Take a pack of cards

And deal with it.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Vrolondia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vrolondia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:21 am

Well, you have three options here:

The first option is to to leave and re-found. Since your founders gone this will keep happening because your region is now a target, whether you like it or not. Welcome to Nation States, you don't have the option to be Neutral anymore.

The second option is to sit there and do nothing, let the region die, then get angry and quit

The third option is to sit there and do something that's actually useful. Submit a Liberation proposal so they can't re-found the region or enact any permanent bans, it's the best thing you can do if you intend on staying.
Then make some alliances, I mean real alliances, people who will protect you if it happens again. Not some small like minded region, pick someone big, old, and with a lot of big, old friends. Write some letters, sign a couple pieces of paper, and hope it doesn't happen again.

A word of advice; they don't care about you, this topic, your region, or any reason why they are there. They are there quite simply because they can, and if you want to fight back you get all your friends and join a Defender group like Ten Thousand Islands, Founderless Regions Alliance, or United Defenders League.

Personally, I would gather all your friends and found a new region, then you will be the Founder. Then you can protect your friends, ja? Then you could go on to your hearts content RPing with them and nobody will bother you.

But when you're big you remember this. And you hit them back harder.

Also, Britain would have been a better example to use instead of Greenland ;)
Last edited by Vrolondia on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
My hobbies include forming opinions about things and arguing on the internet.

Milozoldyck wrote:That's why I'm going back to RP. GP is hopeless. Have fun bringing those windmills to justice, Don Quixote.

Whiskum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:26 am

Vrolondia wrote:A word of advice; they don't care about you, this topic, your region, or any reason why they are there. They are there quite simply because they can, and if you want to fight back you get all your friends and join a Defender group like Ten Thousand Islands, Founderless Regions Alliance, or United Defenders League.

There would be nothing worse than joining or affiliating to defender organisation like the FRA: we are at war with them and target any regions associated with them. Indeed, that is why the region of Slavia, Slavya's ally, was targeted in the first place, triggering this chain of events.

On the contrary, we do care very much about why we are in Slavya. The reasons will be released in an official UIAF statement shortly.
Last edited by Whiskum on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, Basileus Emeritus of Polis, etc.

Prince of Jomsborg, of Balder

Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Bolkania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkania » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:30 am

Whiskum wrote:
Vrolondia wrote:A word of advice; they don't care about you, this topic, your region, or any reason why they are there. They are there quite simply because they can, and if you want to fight back you get all your friends and join a Defender group like Ten Thousand Islands, Founderless Regions Alliance, or United Defenders League.

There would be nothing worse than joining or affiliating to defender organisation like the FRA: we are at war with them and target any regions associated with them. Indeed, that is why the region of Slavia, Slavya's ally, was targeted in the first place, triggering this chain of events.

On the contrary, we do care very much about why we are in Slavya. The reasons will be released in an official UIAF statement shortly.

Let me guess? You will lie about how they are in SCOP and/or are a puppet region of Slavska, and this is your eternal war on defenders?

Vrolondia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vrolondia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:32 am

Whiskum wrote:

Yeah, yeah, that's not exactly a bloody secret. One will attack you one will defend you, do you join the defender or attacker? The defender will defend you regardless, but the attacker will stop attacking you. The irony is that the defender will defend the attack when the attacker is attacked, so who's really in the right in this situation?

Personally, I hope FRA smartens up and starts to attack your friends and allies, but we both know that will never happen, don't we? So please, tell me, how is this a war?

Target someone who will actually fight back and stop hiding behind an impossibility, then I'll actually respect your organization
Last edited by Vrolondia on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Milozoldyck wrote:That's why I'm going back to RP. GP is hopeless. Have fun bringing those windmills to justice, Don Quixote.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:34 am

It's funny because all you're doing is inviting more raiders to pile in... And that's not a good thing.
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:37 am

Bolkania wrote:
Whiskum wrote:There would be nothing worse than joining or affiliating to defender organisation like the FRA: we are at war with them and target any regions associated with them. Indeed, that is why the region of Slavia, Slavya's ally, was targeted in the first place, triggering this chain of events.

Let me guess? You will lie about how they are in SCOP and/or are a puppet region of Slavska, and this is your eternal war on defenders?

There will be no lies.

Additionally, we will be not be claiming that they are currently official members of SCOP or making any reference to them as a puppet of Slavska.

We will, however, illustrate the connections between Slavya and Slavia, and show that Slavya was listed as affiliated to SCOP when they declared war.

The 'eternal war' in this instance was initiated by the actions of the SCOP.

I am not going to debate any further with you the contents of a statement which has yet to be issued. You can read and question it when we release it.

Vrolondia wrote:Personally, I hope FRA smartens up and starts to attack your friends and allies, but we both know that's an impossibility don't we? So please, tell me, how is this a war when it's one sided?

Actually, you will find that SCOP attacked the region of Anzia in an attempt to pursue a war against the UIAF.

Of course, Anzia is not an ally of any of the UIAF regions. We never promised to defend it; only to offer it non-aggression.

However, that did not SCOP from attacking that region in an attempt to pursue hostilities against us.

Look where Slavya is today as a result of that grave mistake.
Last edited by Whiskum on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Vrolondia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vrolondia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:48 am

Whiskum wrote:
Bolkania wrote:Let me guess? You will lie about how they are in SCOP and/or are a puppet region of Slavska, and this is your eternal war on defenders?

There will be no lies.

Additionally, we will be not be claiming that they are currently official members of SCOP or making any reference to them as a puppet of Slavska.

We will, however, illustrate the connections between Slavya and Slavia, and show that Slavya was listed as affiliated to SCOP when they declared war.

I am not going to debate any further with you the contents of a statement which has yet to be issued. You can read and question it when we release it.

Vrolondia wrote:Personally, I hope FRA smartens up and starts to attack your friends and allies, but we both know that's an impossibility don't we? So please, tell me, how is this a war when it's one sided?

Actually, you will find that SCOP attacked the region of Anzia in an attempt to pursue a war against the UIAF.

Of course, Anzia is not an ally of any of the UIAF regions. We never promised to defend it; only to offer it non-aggression.

However, that did not SCOP from attacking that region in an attempt to pursue hostilities against us.

Ah well that changes everything then ^^

Good job taking a region that may or may not be involved in anyway over the invasion of somebody with a Non-Aggression Pact.

Mature, thought out decision for a non-warmongoring organization ^^
Last edited by Vrolondia on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:51 am

Vrolondia wrote:
Whiskum wrote:There will be no lies.

Good job taking a region that may or may not be involved in anyway over the invasion of somebody with a Non-Aggression Pact.

We never declared any state of war with SCOP; it is they who deemed one to exist with us.

Slavya is a close ally of Slavia, a member of SCOP, and at the time of SCOP's 3rd January threats to UAIF, Slavya was listed as one of its members.

Those are sufficient connnections with SCOP for Slavya to be a legitimate target for retribution for SCOP's actions.

It is not the fact that they invaded Anzia which requires retribution, as we made no commitment to invade those who attack it.

It is the fact that they invaded Anzia on the basis that they were attacking UIAF that warrants this response.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:52 am

Vrolondia wrote:

Maybe you don't understand what Imperialism is.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Vrolondia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vrolondia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:56 am

Zaolat wrote:
Vrolondia wrote:

I understand exactly what Imperialism is, I just think the whole concept is retarded.

boo hoo, they hurt my feelings, this region is now mine

Grow some balls then grow up, you don't need to break somebody else's toy because they have it.
Last edited by Vrolondia on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:03 am

Vrolondia wrote:
Zaolat wrote:

I understand exactly what Imperialism is, I just think the whole concept is retarded.

Grow some balls then grow up, you don't need to break somebody else's toy because they have it.

It's politics and adds an interesting element to the game.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Vrolondia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vrolondia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:05 am

Zaolat wrote:
Vrolondia wrote:

It's politics and adds an interesting element to the game.

True enough, I can respect that. If it's not a hog-wash "DEY BE FENDAS IN THEM HILLS! ATTACK!" I can get behind it.

Do you intend to re-found or release?

Bolkania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkania » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:08 am

Whiskum wrote:
Bolkania wrote:Let me guess? You will lie about how they are in SCOP and/or are a puppet region of Slavska, and this is your eternal war on defenders?

There will be no lies.

Where is this list of regions proving Slavya was affiliated?

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:10 am

Bolkania wrote:

Where is this list of regions proving Slavya was affiliated?

The evidence will be provided in the official statement.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:20 am

Bolkania wrote:Where is this list of regions proving Slavya was affiliated?

So the three regions that attacked Anzia were Slavska, Das Kommune, and Poland Lithuania.

From the Slavska and Poland Lithuania WFE's:

The embassy with Slavya is being withdrawn. Closure expected in 3 days 1 hour.

There's your affiliation, at a bare minimum.

Vrolondia wrote:Also, Britain would have been a better example to use instead of Greenland

They're part of NATO too. :P
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Vrolondia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vrolondia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:22 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Bolkania wrote:Where is this list of regions proving Slavya was affiliated?

So the three regions that attacked Anzia were Slavska, Das Kommune, and Poland Lithuania.

From the Slavska and Poland Lithuania WFE's:

The embassy with Slavya is being withdrawn. Closure expected in 3 days 1 hour.

There's your affiliation, at a bare minimum.

Vrolondia wrote:Also, Britain would have been a better example to use instead of Greenland

They're part of NATO too. :P

Ah, so they are. I was thinking EU but was wrong about that too :P
Last edited by Vrolondia on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bolkania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkania » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:28 am

I and a few others have devolved SCOP, since it first put Slavya and Slavska at risk, and was created illegally under the Slavian constitution.

Republic of Slovsko
Attaché

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Slovsko » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:08 am

Official Message from the temporary government of Slavska

To Whom it may concern,
The temporary government of Slavska would like to announce that SCOP, the Slavic co-operation pact, does no longer exist from this point onward.
We have found that this pact was misused and that the members were acting without any official consent, and misusing the region's name.
Therefore, from this point onward, All activites of the Slavic co-operation pact are being halted, the pact annulled, and any statements that were issued or will be issued are considered void and reflects only the views of those who wrote it, not Slavska in any kind.

On behalf of the temporary government of Slavska, Repbulc of Slovsko

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay