NATION

PASSWORD

who is the bad guy? - split from neutral ground

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

who is the bad guy? - split from neutral ground

Postby Port blood » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:16 am

Port blood wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=193670&start=700#p19657747

this proposal is a exact mindset of a LOT of defenders/natives

"stop it or we will destroy you",luckily stupid people can't do much against founder/non-exec,but lets not forget forum destruction

I ask you,who here is the bad guy when defenders destroy forums? the cultural hub for raiders

Shizensky wrote:
Port blood wrote:I ask you,who here is the bad guy when defenders destroy forums? the cultural hub for raiders

The bad guy is whoever destroys the forum, regardless of the side they're on.

Port blood wrote:
Improving Wordiness wrote:What the heck does that proposal have to do with Forum destruction?

...did you even read my post?

defenders want to DESTROY raiders,as exampled in the proposal,but regions can't be disbanded due to founders/non-exec,so they destroy forums instead

Improving Wordiness wrote:Everyone knows the central hub for invaders is IRC.

Once again,READ

"cultural hub"

Shizensky wrote:The bad guy is whoever destroys the forum, regardless of the side they're on.

I made my point.
Stop defender moral superiority! they are no better then raiders! we are all human beings!

Port blood wrote:
Shizensky wrote:What point is that, exactly? I'm certain you're not trying to claim that forum destruction is limited to one side of R/D.

Thats my point as well,raiders are equal to defenders and vise versa
raiders are not better,nor are defenders

Improving Wordiness wrote:What?
That proposal did not even mention forum destruction...you did. I do not know why the hell you made that jump other than to take a piss weak shot at defenders.

I can't say i expected better from someone from XKI
The proposal is NOT the central thing here,the central point here is defenders attitude

"stop it or we will destroy you"
point:a lot of defenders have this attitude
"can't do much against founder/non-exec"
point:disbanding raider regions isn't a option due to active founders,same goes for defender regions
"but lets not forget forum destruction"
point:forum destruction is possible,and has happened
"I ask you,who here is the bad guy"
point:sparking a discussion
"defenders destroy forums?"
point:defender have done so in the past
" the cultural hub for raiders"
point:RP has the NS forums as their cultural hub,and R/D mainly has off-site forums and the RMB of their regions as their cultural thing

So how about you stop argumentum ad hominem and respond to my argument? how would you feel if the XKI forums were destroyed by raiders?

Port blood wrote:
Improving Wordiness wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H3o8r7JgGY

Read the RMB of any region once invaded....smug all over it.

argumentum ad hominem

But lets review Anarchy,a invasion still ongoing
\http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=6000999
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=5999622
native correcting punctuation and grammar

http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=5944846
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=5993300
http://www.nationstates.net/page=boneya ... i_raideron
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=retu ... i_raideron
seriously stupid attempt to troll

Keep in mind raiders were in conversation about Palm Sunday while those posts were make,heck even a bit more back the natives admit flamebaiting

http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=5954182
What really occurs is that a few Anarchist nations enjoy some invader baiting

See?

oh,and another thing
There have been some funny duck related moments,one of which came to a sudden end when the raiders complained to the mods they were being laughed at by us nasty natives. Some raiders have bordered on verbal abuse, though admittedly they have usually ceased when asked to.

Raiders had to complain about several puppetmasters seriously trolling,which moderation agreed on and remove said puppets/placed warnings

And this is just a FRACTION of what the natives do,so who here is to blame?

Venico wrote:*looks at the Soviet Bloc and Hogwarts* Hmmm yes I see. Meaningful discussion and RP...*nods* I shall learn the ways of smugness o great Wordy.

*looks at regions raided by the Cat Burglars* Yes yes I see what you mean. The smugness practically oozes from them.

Port blood wrote:
Warzone Codger wrote:I only ever give my thoughts when ever a thread veers towards a discussion of 'what could be done to make raiders feel the same pain as those they inflict'. Its not like I bring it up out of nothing!

But when it comes down to it really, what i object to is a certain smugness raiders have that they can inflict things on others knowing nothing could be done against them.

The only real deterrent is something with consequences so serious that they'll actually think twice about doing it.

And you have no objection to the smugness of defenders with their morals?

If you want to "let raiders feel the same pain",go hit their regions,forum destruction is on a whole other level

Venico wrote:
Warzone Codger wrote:I only ever give my thoughts when ever a thread veers towards a discussion of 'what could be done to make raiders feel the same pain as those they inflict'. Its not like I bring it up out of nothing!

But when it comes down to it really, what i object to is a certain smugness raiders have that they can inflict things on others knowing nothing could be done against them.

The only real deterrent is something with consequences so serious that they'll actually think twice about doing it.

Edit: I only speak for myself

Edit 2: I accepted the consequences of my opinions. My relationships in this game will never be as close as some others because there are some RL things I won't reveal/opportunities to be abused in this game.

Any of my region will only ever reach a certain size because I don't like using offsite forums.

I don't see that smugness in raiders to be honest...Most raiders know of/have had forums destroyed on them. When you wage war shit gets blown up. *shrugs*

If i missed any,please point them out and ill edit them in

Anyways,why are defenders morally superior (I'm talking about those that think they are) when they stoop so low as to destroy the cultural hub of raiders - culture being something they are sworn to protect
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:21 am

You're over blowing shit Port.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

SFBA Campinia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby SFBA Campinia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:42 am

1 not every defender is a moral defender
2 not every moral defender is a forum destroyer
3 not every forum destroyer is a defender

And 4 nobody gives a crap about your crusade against defenders so give it a rest

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:09 am

Zaolat wrote:You're over blowing shit Port.

Am I? I'm making a point here in general;using forum destruction as a example - everyone here is a human being and nobody is superior to anyone else

As SFBA Campinia crudely pointed out;not all defenders are moralistic,I know that because I admire LRI for it's efforts to change R/D to something more fun
I'm not leading a crusade against defenders,I'm arguing against people that feel superior to others;AKA moralistic defenders that feel superior to raiders,a crusade would be a heck of a lot more bloody
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that

Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Improving Wordiness » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:16 am

Oh yeah this will go well.
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I'm a massive tool. ;)

Kyuji
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyuji » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:27 am

Overly aggressive raiders and overly moralistic defenders
Pro :Voluntary Cannibalism (in other words the kind where people willingly offer themselves up as food) , Freedom of speech , The Austro-Hungarian Empire , The Ottoman Empire , Taoism , Gay Marriage, Martial Arts , Madoka , Kyubey
Anti :Racism , Israel , Homphobia , Bigotry , North Korea , Krav Maga, Russia

Fratt
Attaché

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratt » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:44 am

Good guy or bad guy, I will mistreat you anyway.
A spambot wrote:
You said that the NPO should not change it's core culture.

Literally everyone else, including the NPO, realizes and understands that NPO culture is the problem.
I'm sure these are the best towel warmers and it will come in handy here.
So you either don't realize that the NPO's core culture caused a war and the subversion of countless regions, or you just don't care.

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:00 am

Improving Wordiness wrote:Oh yeah this will go well.

Seems you don't dare to actually give actual arguments,because you know they won't hold up

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:06 am

Port blood wrote:I'm not leading a crusade against defenders,I'm arguing against people that feel superior to others;AKA moralistic defenders that feel superior to raiders,a crusade would be a heck of a lot more bloody

So you'll be arguing against raiders too?
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:17 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Port blood wrote:I'm not leading a crusade against defenders,I'm arguing against people that feel superior to others;AKA moralistic defenders that feel superior to raiders,a crusade would be a heck of a lot more bloody

So you'll be arguing against raiders too?

Actually,yes
But where are those raiders? I sure as hell haven't seen any,but if you see any feel free to point them out and their comments

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:22 am

PB. Please Contact me if you ever want some action. You are badass enough to be good Fella for our sinister purposes. You can continue your retirement days anyway maintaining your semi-rogue individuality... ;)

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:22 am

Port blood wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:So you'll be arguing against raiders too?

Actually,yes
But where are those raiders? I sure as hell haven't seen any,but if you see any feel free to point them out and their comments

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=292329
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:38 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Port blood wrote:
Actually,yes

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=292329

Oh haha,so funny

But i suppose you are correct in a sense,I find people that feel superior to others inferior to normal people

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:42 am

Port blood wrote:Anyways,why are defenders morally superior (I'm talking about those that think they are) when they stoop so low as to destroy the cultural hub of raiders - culture being something they are sworn to protect

So far I believe you have only quoted disenfranchised natives. Give me an example of a moralist defender advocating this and we can talk.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

SFBA Campinia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby SFBA Campinia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:44 am

The funniest part is that you are posting your anti-defender tripe from a nation residing in an FRA region :p

Festavo
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Festavo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:47 am

The bad guy is the bad guy
Knight in The Eternal Knights
Minister of Defense in Coalition of Freedom
Former Minister of Defense in The Eternal Knights
Former Private First Class in The Black Riders
One proven fact: moderators suck

the Imperial Crown
Envoy

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby the Imperial Crown » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:48 am

Who is the bad guy?

:roll:

Sauron obvs. I don't know if we have a Voldemort active in NS but he'd definitely be on the list.

Port, you are going all over the track.
- Lord Ravenclaw -
10th Pharaoh and World Assembly Delegate
First Pharaoh of House Ravenclaw
= The Desert Star of Osiris =
5th April 2012 - 29th May 2014

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:48 am

Festavo wrote:The bad guy is the bad guy

We have a winner.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:23 am

Alyekra wrote:
Port blood wrote:Anyways,why are defenders morally superior (I'm talking about those that think they are) when they stoop so low as to destroy the cultural hub of raiders - culture being something they are sworn to protect

So far I believe you have only quoted disenfranchised natives. Give me an example of a moralist defender advocating this and we can talk.

...that was in response to this post:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=147218&start=2225#p19663998

Completely unrelated to my point

I try to have a actual discussion here,yet people like you and Improving Wordiness do nothing but troll and annoy me without giving a actual argument

If it wasn't clear yet:
WHY DO SOME DEFENDERS THINK THEY ARE SUPERIOR

the whole forum destruction thing is JUST A EXAMPLE,i could have just as well have mentioned the grey area insults for example

SFBA Campinia wrote:The funniest part is that you are posting your anti-defender tripe from a nation residing in an FRA region :p

You mean the FRA that barely even has contact with us?
Last edited by Port blood on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dremaur
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 17, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dremaur » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:38 am

:palm:
Port, let me hand it to you. In the end when all is said and done, this is a game. Morality has nothing to do with it. You see, I raid for fun, and those who actually have the mindset that theirs a good or wrong is blowing it out of proportion.
The East Pacific
~~All opinions are my own unless otherwise specified~~

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:10 am

Festavo wrote:The bad guy is the bad guy

Yes, that's it. *nods*

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:06 pm

Some Defenders think they are superior because they are fighting for the "greater good". And for the less moral ones, they believe that they are morally superior because they are the protectors, rather than the "prosecutors", if you will.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:07 pm

We should destroy the invaders just as they have destroyed the communities of countless innocent regions.

There's your quote. Will you please shut the hell up now?
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:We should destroy the invaders just as they have destroyed the communities of countless innocent regions.

There's no need for that. He is raising a valid point.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:We should destroy the invaders just as they have destroyed the communities of countless innocent regions.

There's no need for that. He is raising a valid point.

If the point is that he's an insufferable annoyance, then yes, he has. He's been asked repeatedly to provide evidence of a defender calling for the destruction of invaders (rather than rightfully disgruntled natives of invaded regions) and he has failed to thus far. Honestly, we should stop debating him and just prove all of his points right so he can stop moaning in every thread: Invaders are evil. I am better than invaders because I preserve rather than destroy. If administrating NS was a democratic process, there would be no invading and therefore no defending as well and I'd support that. If you want to be liked, then you should not destroy what others have worked so hard to build. yada yada...
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay