NATION

PASSWORD

TGS: Cuthroat Politics

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scissoro
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:41 pm

So, I was checking the books, and here is what I noticed:

There are four citizens who are not guild members: People Inside Deadpools Head, LeningradUnion, Parhelia, and Aaron Specter. If the four of you form a guild together, It is guaranteed that one of you will for sure get a government seat, and likely, but not guaranteed that you will gain two.

Here is how it works: The Premier is required to select two Guild Leaders in the next 24 hours. Currently there are two guilds. The Capitalist Exploiters has two nations, both are in office, so no Guild Leader there. The Imperial Guard has 5 nations, with one in office, with a Guild Leader to be selected. So if a new guild can be made, that guild leader is guaranteed to be selected.

Now, with the current state of affairs: One nation needs to be appointed by the Grand Chancellor (could be anybody), and one nation needs to be elected (could also be anybody). So those are the possibilities for getting your section (and maybe even third nation in).

There are plenty of other options as well:
1. Make two guilds, and compete for who gets guild leader. Since you know the Premier is Capitalist, likely the one most appealing to his political ideology would get it... or the one who can make the best backroom deal.
2. Convince Grand Chancellor BrazC to select you. Joining his guild (the Imperial Guard), may be your best option for that.
3. Use the large voting block you have to elect your own nation in, over one that Scissoro wants in. (It'll make me mad, but hey, you win some, you lose some).
4. Propose the Repeal Axiom 48, shrinking the size of the Round Table, convincing the Guardians who currently sit there that it is somehow in their best interest. (fat chance, but it is possible).
5. Convince everyone that regional growth is significant, and evoke the power of Axiom 37, to expand the Round Table, to give everyone a government position. It may weaken the dynamic of the region in the short term, but hey, you got your spot!
Last edited by Scissoro on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Global Syndicate A Dynamic, Fast Paced Region

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:24 pm

Scissoro wrote:So, I was checking the books, and here is what I noticed:

There are four citizens who are not guild members: People Inside Deadpools Head, LeningradUnion, Parhelia, and Aaron Specter. If the four of you form a guild together, It is guaranteed that one of you will for sure get a government seat, and likely, but not guaranteed that you will gain two.

Here is how it works: The Premier is required to select two Guild Leaders in the next 24 hours. Currently there are two guilds. The Capitalist Exploiters has two nations, both are in office, so no Guild Leader there. The Imperial Guard has 5 nations, with one in office, with a Guild Leader to be selected. So if a new guild can be made, that guild leader is guaranteed to be selected.

Now, with the current state of affairs: One nation needs to be appointed by the Grand Chancellor (could be anybody), and one nation needs to be elected (could also be anybody). So those are the possibilities for getting your section (and maybe even third nation in).

1. Make two guilds, and compete for who gets guild leader. Since you know the Premier is Capitalist, likely the one most appealing to his political ideology would get it... or the one who can make the best backroom deal.
2. Convince Grand Chancellor BrazC to select you. Joining his guild (the Imperial Guard), may be your best option for that.
3. Use the large voting block you have to elect your own nation in, over one that Scissoro wants in. (It'll make me mad, but hey, you win some, you lose some).
4. Propose the Repeal Axiom 48, shrinking the size of the Round Table, convincing the Guardians who currently sit there that it is somehow in their best interest. (fat chance, but it is possible).
5. Convince everyone that regional growth is significant, and evoke the power of Axiom 37, to expand the Round Table, to give everyone a government position. It may weaken the dynamic of the region in the short term, but hey, you got your spot!

6. Don't do any of those things he just mentioned and be inactive. [Not recommended]
Last edited by Alyekra on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Alyekra wrote:
Scissoro wrote:So, I was checking the books, and here is what I noticed:

6. Don't do any of those things he just mentioned and be inactive. [Not recommended]

7. Everyone join my guild, and we run Alyekra out of town next session :p [highly recommended]

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:50 pm

So, does TGS support cutthroat politics?
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Absolutely, The bloodier the better.

If you want peace, harmony, and apathy, this probably isnt the region for you :p

Alyekra
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Scissoro wrote:7. Everyone join my guild, and we run Alyekra out of town next session :p [highly recommended]

We have to consider all the options *Nod*

65 dkp

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:10 pm

Zaolat wrote:So, does TGS support cutthroat politics?

You know, after a bit of discussion on the forums, several nations came to the conclusion.... nevermind. However, we have to all admire good tactics and strategies which you have executed in the past. Someone who can play the game to its Fullest political extent possible. As such, swing on by with a puppet, or just the forum, and have a little cut throat fun.
Last edited by Scissoro on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alyekra
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:13 pm

Zaolat wrote:So, does TGS support cutthroat politics?

Come on over, we have plenty of lamp-cord to go around!
Last edited by Alyekra on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

65 dkp

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Amazing Grace

Postby Scissoro » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Amazing Grace

Amazingly, Since the founding of The Global Syndicate, we approach the first week in our history in which nobody has been impeached, nobody resigned, and nobo... oh, wait, Hofe got impeached for making several forum accounts in an attempt to rig elections.

Well, Speaking of the elections, the Premier Election ended moments ago without a hitch. Alyekra has been elected Premier for the third time setting a record for holding the same office numerous time despite losing that same office numerous times. Meanwhile, Scissoro was elected Guardian.

The election of Alyekra as Premier presents a bit of a strategic challenge for the region. Alyekra belongs to the guild, Capitalist Exploiter Party, yet both members of that guild are in office, forcing him to select two guild leaders from other guilds. However, there is only one other guild at the moment, the Imperial Guard. So, while the Imperial Guard is the largest guild by far in the region, pressure is mounting to split the guild in half, to gain the other selected Guardian position.... that is, if it can be done faster than the Capitalist Exploiter Party gains a new member.

Several new nations have moved to the region on this rather quiet week, most coming after seeing The Global Syndicate topic on the NationStates forums. While they have yet to hold an office, several positions are available for the taking.

In a strange twist of fate, several TGS Nations have taken to helping other regions get off the ground, by offering legal advice, forum support and some basic philosophies on now to effectively run a modern region. These regions include White Walkers and The Jeck Empire, two growing and promising regions. As the Global Syndicate grows, our foreign policy is expanding, helping regions become more pro-active in the modern World of NationStates.
Last edited by Scissoro on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Libertarian Librarians
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Librarians » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:53 pm

I wish I had more time to devote to this region...

...though, I might be less active in Spiritus, lately...

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:12 pm

Libertarian Librarians wrote:I wish I had more time to devote to this region...

...though, I might be less active in Spiritus, lately...

Whenever you have time, its cool. Its best to focus your energy on succeeding to the best of your ability in one place, rather than spreading yourself out too thin. But then who can resist the TGS Government when it is so unbelievably basic. I think I will start making pictures rather than writing full length essays and long books on the region.

:ugeek:

Last edited by Scissoro on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alecto
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

A Time of Peace?

Postby Alecto » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:55 am

With the massive Imperial Guard guild locking in half of the government and the Capitalist Exploiters Party controlling the other half, The Global Syndicate seems to have entered into a period of stability and peace as State Premier Alyekra, Guardian Scissoro and Grand Chancellor BrazC have put more focus on filling the government vacancies over guild rivalry. Time will tell if this momentary stability lasts.

State Premier Alyekra made his two selections within the last twenty four hours. The Guild Leaders from the Capitalist Exploiters Party Parhelia and from the Imperial Guard, Aaron Specter were selected to be Guardians on the Round Table. Grand Chancellor BrazC has one more Guardian to appoint, and the citizens have one more Guardian to elect. Interestingly, the government as it sits today is the largest the government has been for The Global Syndicate, yet there seems to be a shortage of axioms to vote on, as the region decides its future. None-the-less, Guardian Scissoro posted the Repeal of Axiom 15, the Premier-Delegate Act, which is at vote now on the Round Table.

Major topics of discussion lately have included those of foreign affairs, media, and recruitment. It is not yet decided if the region will adopt a formal recruitment policy or stick with the idea of promotion. In foreign affairs, the issue comes down to media, and now to spread and expand the Panopticon Eye to various embassies across NationStates.

Anathema Armaments
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Anathema Armaments » Sun May 11, 2014 6:25 pm

New Beginnings

The forth Grand Chancellor Address

Hello fellow Global Syndicate Members and denizens of the world. I am Anathema Armaments, Seventh Grand Chancellor of The Global Syndicate and I believe there are some things I shall need to address for the beginning of my station.

After a few weeks of calm, we have been able to shift the region into a more favorable position for all. Openings for Guardians on the round table, potential ministry positions for internal region building and ambassadors to go and see the world at large. We now have the firepower we need to stand up and be a player on the world stage. But this requires members, this requires nations like you.

With these new changes in the region, we are building on shifting sands, some creations may defy nature and stand strong and many may topple, yet that is what this region was designed for. We need to be in a constant state of change, thrown into a maelstrom of plots and politics. I encourage new and existing members to think creatively with what they do in the region, create new guilds to stand up to the Status Quo, resilient nations who refuse to surrender their beliefs and bold strategists to topple the most stable of leaders.

The fastest way to the throne is a knife in the kings throat, a throat that is always exposed. Thus I'm asking all citizens to get hungry. Get hungry for positions of power, they can be yours if you want them. This is not a region of sheep, but a region of wolves.

I will be watching with interest,

The Seventh Grand Chancellor of The Global Syndicate,

Original Address can be sound on The Global Syndicate forums here:
http://w11.zetaboards.com/GlobalSyndicate/topic/10262721/1/
Last edited by Anathema Armaments on Sun May 11, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Sun May 11, 2014 7:16 pm

Chief Editor: Scissoro
Source:
Issue: 001
Date: May 11, 2014

Grand Chancellor Makes First Address

Grand Chancellor Anathema Armaments made his first address to the region. Region-wide addresses by a Grand Chancellor usually take place at the start of each session, and this one marks the fourth time such an address was given. The speech, entitled 'New Beginnings' seemingly intends to rouse the citizens into action as we enter into our third session.

Hello fellow Global Syndicate Members and denizens of the world. I am Anathema Armaments, Seventh Grand Chancellor of The Global Syndicate and I believe there are some things I shall need to address for the beginning of my station.

After a few weeks of calm, we have been able to shift the region into a more favorable position for all. Openings for Guardians on the round table, potential ministry positions for internal region building and ambassadors to go and see the world at large. We now have the firepower we need to stand up and be a player on the world stage. But this requires members, this requires nations like you.

With these new changes in the region, we are building on shifting sands, some creations may defy nature and stand strong and many may topple, yet that is what this region was designed for. We need to be in a constant state of change, thrown into a maelstrom of plots and politics. I encourage new and existing members to think creatively with what they do in the region, create new guilds to stand up to the Status Quo, resilient nations who refuse to surrender their beliefs and bold strategists to topple the most stable of leaders.

The fastest way to the throne is a knife in the kings throat, a throat that is always exposed. Thus I'm asking all citizens to get hungry. Get hungry for positions of power, they can be yours if you want them. This is not a region of sheep, but a region of wolves.

[center]I will be watching with interest,
The Seventh Grand Chancellor of The Global Syndicate,
Anathema Armaments[/center]

Forum Revamp

Under the direction of Grand Chancellor Anathema Armaments, State Premier Scissoro has been revamping the forum to fit a new theme, and improve organization. With broad and sweeping new powers that the State Premier holds in establishing and maintaining ministries, several important elements of the forum have now been legalized and are being reorganized. Notably the section concerning history is being revamped along with the Hall of Axioms.

When complete, the forum will both reflect the current state of government and be constructed around a 'new citizen-centric ideal'.

New Guilds Challenge the Old

Two new guilds were recently established: Anima Solis Guild and the Globalist Alliance Guild. These two guilds have been steadily absorbing nations from the Imperial Guard Guild and the Capitalist Exploiters Guild. The Capitalist Exploiters is already below the two nation minimum, and is slated to be shut down, and the Imperial Guard is not far behind, as active nations from them shift over. Interestingly, the Globalist Alliance is the first 'exclusive guild' requiring that members of its guild be citizens for at least a month and have held at least one government position in the past. As such, only Alyekra and Scissoro are members. This 'exclusivity' has lead to the Anima Solis Guild to surge to the largest guild in terms of population, and will also be the reigning guild for the Guardians of the Round Table. Currently there is talk of establishing a third guild to promote dynamic competition between the three, however currently, the two new guilds appear to be working together to get things done.
Last edited by Scissoro on Sun May 11, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anathema Armaments
Lobbyist

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Anathema Armaments » Mon May 12, 2014 5:45 pm

There are whispers of members wishing to start a third guild to check the current power struggle.

If there are any nations who want to join in on this now is the time. Thankfully, our region allows citizenship without leaving your home region. It's really left up to an individuals ambition.
The Spider or The Fly; who are you in this web?

Anathema Armaments
Lobbyist

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Anathema Armaments » Sun May 18, 2014 7:56 pm

We have revamped our guild map and introduced some life into regional RP. Guilds are also building up. Expect an official media release in the coming days.

Anathema Armaments
Lobbyist

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Anathema Armaments » Tue May 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Hello citizens of The Global Syndicate and denizens of the world. It is I, Grand Chancellor Anathema Armaments, I'm here to provide a special address to you all.

It has been a little over a week since my last address and the changes to the region since then have been significant. Regional activity has seemly exploded, the regional map has been reintroduced and regional role play is in the works as we speak. The rebirth of the Industrial Party will bring the current guilds to three, providing the ideal number for a power struggle. Will the guilds continue to work together or herald their own agenda for the region? Only time will tell.

The most significant changes are currently in the works for the region, lead by Scissoro, to whom is working hard on repealing and revising the current legal system, including the infamous 24 hour standard. This is going to be the main project of the round table for a time, thus I ask guardians to take the initiative and support the changes to the best of their abilities for regional growth and stability.

While I haven't made a clear defining Grand Chancellor in terms of making radical changes, I have been one to promote and encourage creativity within The Global Syndicate. I believe I'm successful in this regard, however it would not be so if not for our energetic citizens. I thank each and every one of you for your devotion in getting this region on the right track to be a major player on the world stage. The flood gates have opened.

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Tue May 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Best Speech Ever!

Im after your job now :D

Anathema Armaments
Lobbyist

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Anathema Armaments » Sat May 31, 2014 3:47 pm

Scissoro wrote:Best Speech Ever!

Im after your job now :D

You are more than welcome to try ;)

Anathema Armaments
Lobbyist

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Anathema Armaments » Sat May 31, 2014 3:56 pm

Salutations, world! It is I, Anathema Armaments, Grand Chancellor of The Global Syndicate.

So we have a small update on TGS here, Scissoro wishes to stand down as Premier and a replacement will be sought on the 3rd. Thus far there is only one contender for power, meaning any newcomer could have a solid shot at the position if they so fancied. If you had the curiosity to join a region where your physical presence wasn't required to be a citizen, now would be the time to seek it out, neh?

Additionally, the terms of engagement and national focus are well in the works for regional RP. It will most like be finished within the next week or so to open the doors to the personal side of regional politics.

Anyone interested in scoping out the region we are here; The Global Syndicate and our forums are here; http://w11.zetaboards.com/GlobalSyndicate/index/

We hope to see you there!

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

We aren't dead!

Postby Applebania » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:51 am

Inaugural Address of Applebania

As you may already know, I have been declared Grand Chancellor of the Global Syndicate. That I rose to the top so quickly came as a surprise to me; then again, this is one of the fastest-moving regions in Nationstates. Still, all I’ve done is brush off a few, okay, a lot of cobwebs gathering on this region. That a region such as The Global Syndicate was so entrenched in the throes of inactivity when I arrived is saddening, but it gave me the opportunity to speak to you today as Grand Chancellor of the Global Syndicate.

The issue of inactivity has plagued The Global Syndicate over the summer, without a single axiom being passed from May until late July. This inactivity lies at the feet of the Summer Lull, the time of year where no-one is at their computer other than me, seemingly. Some regions survive, others fall into inactivity and stagnation. We survived (barely) but, clearly, we still have some problems with activity. So, to start combatting inactivity, I’m firing everyone. Clearly, a plan for the ages. (Of course, everyone means BrazC at this point.)

To replace the hapless, newly out-of-a-job BrazC and the newly promoted me, I’m bringing in District XIV and Novadem, both relatively new faces who could be very active within the Syndicate. I’m sure that they have ideas of their own, but mine is outlined below:

My vision for The Global Syndicate is that of an active, unpredictable region which has a reputation for being one of the, if not the greatest political regions in Nationstates. We’re finally coming out of the Summer Lull now, so that vision is looking strikingly achievable now. However, recruitment is one thing that is needed for a successful region, and it is something that we will be doing a lot of soon. As a trickle of nations comes into the region, we will be holding elections for State Premier and Elected Guardians. We shall then try to have a greater presence on the interregional stage through the establishment of relations with regions across the world. At the same time, following a mass repeal leaving almost every law we have ever passed slaughtered in its wake, we will be legislating like crazy, with everyone trying to build a political hegemony which will, knowing TGS, inevitably collapse in a glorious flame of activity. And, really, that unpredictability, knowing that one day you could have almost-total control and the next day it’s collapsed in on itself, is the best thing about The Global Syndicate.
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Congrats to our new Grand Chancellor, The Sacred Eye!

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Election Season

Postby Scissoro » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Eighth Session Premier Vote

All citizens need to go and cast their vote:

http://w11.zetaboards.com/GlobalSyndica ... 423/1/#new

Voting lasts 48 hours as prescribed by law.

Geths
Attaché

Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Join The Corporatocracy Guild

Postby Geths » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:23 pm

What is a Corporatocracy?

A corporatocracy is a system of government in which a corporation, group of corporations or entities run by corporations control the direction and governance of a country, either directly or indirectly.

Others may argue that the term "corporatocracy" should not be used, because corporations are primarily conceptual entities that possess no real power. In fact, some people argue, it is the people behind those corporations who hold the power and exercise their influence. In that sense, a corporatocracy is nothing more than a democracy in which people are fighting for their best interests.

Whom can join this Corporatocracy?

Really anyone can join but mostly people whom follow a Left Winged Ideology.

((Communism, Socialism, Liberalism))

How do I join this Corporatocracy?

Easy. Just send a message to geths saying,"Greetings, I would like to be apart of The Corporatocracy Guild!" and your in.

What do I do after I join the Corporatocracy?

You can do one of the following:

A. Become a "Propagandist" for the guild.
B. Be apart of the "Political Education Office" (Culture).
C. Just vote for the nation we're putting in office.

Whom are members of the Corporatocracy?

1. Geths (Head Of Guild)
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open
5. Open

There will be more openings once our guild exceeds the total of five members.
Last edited by Geths on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Join The Walking Dead This Halloween!

Scissoro
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:24 pm

New Guild... Awesome!!!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay