NATION

PASSWORD

Invasion in Anarchy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Fair enough. Still, they can eject new nations easily, and they can move out at will. They can sit on it, and unless the plan is to jump in every update for weeks, you've got to hope someone is on to watch them leave, and jump in too. If they cut it close enough, you won;t even have a chance to jump in. As much as that liberation helps you, it also hurts you in that you cannot immediately lock it to prevent them from re-taking. Even if you do make it it time, you've got twelve hours to pile in more jumpers than they can rouse in the same 12 hours. The difference being, they're already on alert and can probably call back a lot of the people gather at the attempted update, and that I'd be surprised to see 15-20 defenders piles in that period, while I'd be a lot less surprised to see that many raider updates get on, considering everyone gathered to help try to refound could be asked and a lot would likely make it back.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:06 pm

I think their point is, that TBR is going to have to keep dozens of nations in the region right up until the point they want to refound it to prevent a liberation, so there will be a few seconds notice before a refound as the ejections of endorsers begin. And we don't have to beat the refound, we just have to move our nations in and stop the region from ceasing to exist (with no delegate), and then win the stack war before the next update. So to refound, the raiders will have to both keep ejecting and be sure there is no one getting in the region right at update AND that they are the first to press the found button. It is possible, but much much more risky. That is if the game mechanics still work the same way all those years from now.
Last edited by Topid on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AKA Weed

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Exactly. Though the sides may be different then, currently I think the raiders would win it back next update.

Good point though. Do you think people will still care enough by that time?

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:24 pm

I would be surprised if raiders ever out did defenders in terms of non-update operations, just because people who are not gameplay active favour defenderism so much. Every nonupdate mission I recall went to defenders, even when Balder and Osiris both happened at once the defender stacks beat the imperialist/raider stacks, and that saw TITO in control of Osiris and Uni as delegate of Balder. But things may indeed be different now, I don't recall a non-update battle in quite some time.

And I'd say it is just as likely that TBR loses focus and/or falls inactive as an org before this is over as it is that our side doesn't pay attention all that time later.
AKA Weed

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Note that your examples are GCR's too, with an active population. By the time this reaches refound point, it'll have likely been fairly quiet for quite a while, and it will always be a URC.

But in the end, Only time will tell, eh?

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Note that your examples are GCR's too, with an active population.
Not when they were 1 day old. They had no population at all. And I recall a couple other UCR battles too, South America comes to mind since it was the only one I participated in. But that was long long ago.
AKA Weed

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm

I hear defenders we're so endangered back then :P

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Gaiserin
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaiserin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:46 pm

To be honest, I never really grapes this whole "invasion" thing quite so.

I only get that raiders will TG spam you with threats, that's about it.
Last edited by Gaiserin on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
■■▀■▀■▀■▀▀▀■■■

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:49 pm

If *any* raider (any player, really) sends you TG's with threats, be it one or many, report it via GHR so the Mods can deal with it.

Raiding is qualified as okay, at the moment at least.

Threatening another *player* is certainly not.

EDIT: If you're doing what I think, and misunderstanding some of this thread....They can offer natives any deal they want (within the rules :P ), and to say "if you don't leave you'll be ejected" or anything like that in an in-game ultimatum (and likely, a fact), not a threat to the player.

(If you're looking to understand Raiding and Defending, This is a good place to start.)
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Gaiserin
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaiserin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:If *any* raider (any player, really) sends you TG's with threats, be it one or many, report it via GHR so the Mods can deal with it.

Raiding is qualified as okay, at the moment at least.

Threatening another *player* is certainly not.

EDIT: If you're doing what I think, and misunderstanding some of this thread....They can offer natives any deal they want (within the rules :P ), and to say "if you don't leave you'll be ejected" or anything like that in an in-game ultimatum (and likely, a fact), not a threat to the player.

(If you're looking to understand Raiding and Defending, This is a good place to start.)

Thank you, much appreciated.
■■▀■▀■▀■▀▀▀■■■

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Coraxion wrote:...And Childfucks will be shot between their eyes, regardless of all aforementioned.

That's right on the line of openly calling for violence against a group of people. Yes, they evoke strong reactions in everyone, but calling for their deaths runs afoul of the rules and is close to advocating a criminal act, both of which are automatic DEATs. Knock it off.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:13 pm

YoriZ wrote:I do not trust handing out a nation and moving out all other nations as being a succesfull strategy.

I can understand if you don't trust me,hence why I said to ask defenders
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

YoriZ
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:09 am

@Blood Wine: Handing out an influencial nation to another player is just not a good idea. I never heard such a proposal comming from a defender organisation. I think such a thing would also be an indecent proposal.

As said before, this thread will be here for years unless TBR suddenly decides to leace Anarchy (what I hope for).
If none of the top 4 influencial natives give up in the meantime, it will take about 4 years to get those ejected.
The message for us natives is to hold tight. My nation has still about half a year to go before TBR will celbrate its ejection party.
Ⓐrtists, not Ⓐrmies! >>>>>>> Join Anarchy

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:42 am

YoriZ wrote:@Blood Wine: Handing out an influencial nation to another player is just not a good idea. I never heard such a proposal comming from a defender organisation. I think such a thing would also be an indecent proposal.

As said before, this thread will be here for years unless TBR suddenly decides to leace Anarchy (what I hope for).
If none of the top 4 influencial natives give up in the meantime, it will take about 4 years to get those ejected.
The message for us natives is to hold tight. My nation has still about half a year to go before TBR will celbrate its ejection party.

Considering most players, regions, and raiding organizations do not last 4 years this means it's very possible that anarchy will outlive TBR and could become free simply by waiting for TBR to become inactive or less active.

What is the person behind duck-boss going to be doing in 3 years? Will he/she have time to ensure endorsements every day for the next 4 years at update?

In the meantime we should attempt every legal avenue of getting TBR out of Anarchy.
Did you see a ghost?

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:16 am

YoriZ wrote:@Blood Wine: Handing out an influencial nation to another player is just not a good idea. I never heard such a proposal comming from a defender organisation. I think such a thing would also be an indecent proposal.

As I said,I'm just theorizing here - in your favor i might add,you should seriously consider actually doing the legwork and open a dialogue with defender groups like TITO,UDL or FRA,they may have extra tricks up their sleeve
Personally,if Anarchy natives would have behaved differently I might consider running attrition,but you guys aren't exactly the nicest of people to be honest

Do your 4 influential natives have the resolve to stick around that long?,as TBR proved they have the manpower and willpower to keep going and going,even without giving up different occupations (like the silver islands) and tag-raids
I'm guessing at least one natives will CTE before the end of the year - and make a big deal about it

Natapoc wrote:
Considering most players, regions, and raiding organizations do not last 4 years this means it's very possible that anarchy will outlive TBR and could become free simply by waiting for TBR to become inactive or less active.

What is the person behind duck-boss going to be doing in 3 years? Will he/she have time to ensure endorsements every day for the next 4 years at update?

In the meantime we should attempt every legal avenue of getting TBR out of Anarchy.

Yeah because no organization has lived more then 4 years on NS //sarcasm

XKI was founded in 2003,and TITO shortly after
http://10000islands.proboards.com/thread/5726

oh,and inb4 nitpicking on "raiding organization" vs "defender organization" it doesn't matter,they have been around for a LONG time as well - they don't obsessively note down history though

Moving out and letting a refound occur would actually be tactical atm - it would mean less snipers present on the raider side due to the more sudden nature - if you let the refound take it's natural course they will have months notice to clear their schedules and be present to shoot at you from all sides,and you can be sure they will have a full regiment off pilers present
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:04 am

When we're talking years, there's more to consider. As mentioned, players may CTE. YOriz, you'd know better than me, but can you really expect all of them to be around in a few years? I guess they may hand them off or something. On top of that, there's so many other unknowns. Maybe TBR will get a dozen or two more pilers, and concentrate on one instead of two regions and setting records elsewhere, or working on plants? Increase endo's, decrease time. There's just so many variables to consider over that kind of time.

As another note, even if TBR *did* begin to fade, they may attempt to hand the occupation off to someone else if they've been in there for a year or two. Wouldn't want to waste it, if anyone else wanted to invest the resources.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:05 am

LWU's been around for more than 4 years. Granted, they aren't always super-active, but they've always stuck around.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:02 am

Nine Years. We've existed since April 2005, officially May 2005.

The Black Hawks have been around for just as long, slightly younger. We're the oldest active raider groups in the game, excluding DEN which doesn't really raid anymore.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

YoriZ
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:41 am

Evil Wolf wrote:Nine Years. We've existed since April 2005, officially May 2005.

The Black Hawks have been around for just as long, slightly younger. We're the oldest active raider groups in the game, excluding DEN which doesn't really raid anymore.

LWU has a history in Anarchy.
October 27 2011 LWU had Marxist Rebel as raider WAD in place.
Teamed efforts of TITO and SFA liberated Anarchy in those days.
Ⓐrtists, not Ⓐrmies! >>>>>>> Join Anarchy

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:46 am

YoriZ wrote:LWU has a history in Anarchy.

Serious question; Why do you even stay there? The region is really nothing more than a warzone at this point.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
YoriZ wrote:LWU has a history in Anarchy.

Serious question; Why do you even stay there? The region is really nothing more than a warzone at this point.

I will refrain from any comment on this due to extreme tiredness RL might make me say things I'll not regret but will get me banned

edit:that is meant as comedy
Last edited by Blood Wine on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:21 pm

I never said that TBR won't exist in 4 years. ONLY that there is a reasonable chance they won't. There is a very good chance that many of the raiders today won't be on NS in a year.

The future brings with it a lot of unknowns and most of those unknowns favor us. Anarchy is a very old region and many of the remaining natives were founded in antiquity but most of the raiders are throw away puppets of people who have not been playing nearly as long and are statistically likely to quit far before those of us who were here back when what black riders is doing now was against the rules and considered "griefing"

The rules and the game will continue to change, and given the huge advantage that raiders currently have it's likely that future changes will help us rather than them (There is no real defense against raiders for old established, and active regions such as ours).

Password protection is worse then occupation and the "founder" nation (who was not really the founder) is long gone from Nationstates.

The changes that are coming to the game soon will make raiding more difficult and more involved so TBR will need the resources they currently allocate to Anarchy to be used elsewhere to maintain fresh interesting raids for their members.

I also do not understand how those raiders who suggest we would have a better chance by leaving and attempting to refound come to this conclusion.

If all the natives leave then TBR can preplan the date and time they attempt the refound themselves and they can do it now while their members are still interested in Anarchy. This would be an ideal situation for TBR (Which is probably why all the raiders are begging us to leave).

It's in our best interest to make this occupation as difficult and time consuming for TBR as possible. Waiting it out until we find an advantage is by far the best strategy.
Last edited by Natapoc on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Did you see a ghost?

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Natapoc wrote:I never said that TBR won't exist in 4 years. ONLY that there is a reasonable chance they won't. There is a very good chance that many of the raiders today won't be on NSG in a year.

I don't know of any raiders that are active on NSG right now even.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:08 pm

I go to NSG sometimes.

It's scary in there.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:I go to NSG sometimes.

It's scary in there.

Just read moderation. It's like a sieve where you still get all the good nuggets, without the masses of dirt.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay