NATION

PASSWORD

Invasion in Anarchy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:33 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:
Natapoc wrote:I never said that TBR won't exist in 4 years. ONLY that there is a reasonable chance they won't. There is a very good chance that many of the raiders today won't be on NSG in a year.

I don't know of any raiders that are active on NSG right now even.

I intended to say NS.

Sorry, before TBR invaded and attempted to destroy Anarchy (thus making me an unwilling participant in the R/D "game") I only posted on NSG. I'm really totally uninterested in the whole "Raiding game".
Did you see a ghost?

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:38 pm

Natapoc wrote:I never said that TBR won't exist in 4 years. ONLY that there is a reasonable chance they won't. There is a very good chance that many of the raiders today won't be on NS in a year.

The future brings with it a lot of unknowns and most of those unknowns favor us. Anarchy is a very old region and many of the remaining natives were founded in antiquity but most of the raiders are throw away puppets of people who have not been playing nearly as long and are statistically likely to quit far before those of us who were here back when what black riders is doing now was against the rules and considered "griefing"

Have you even been paying attention?
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=275968&p=18114629#p18114629

Evil Wolf has it in his signature

Natapoc wrote:The rules and the game will continue to change, and given the huge advantage that raiders currently have it's likely that future changes will help us rather than them (There is no real defense against raiders for old established, and active regions such as ours).

Password protection is worse then occupation and the "founder" nation (who was not really the founder) is long gone from Nationstates.

Huge advantage? you mean going up against pre-existing piles filled with influence?
30+ endorsements is pretty much a safeguard against raiding,or you could password using the influence and go refound with the help of FRA and the such

Natapoc wrote:The changes that are coming to the game soon will make raiding more difficult and more involved so TBR will need the resources they currently allocate to Anarchy to be used elsewhere to maintain fresh interesting raids for their members.

What change would that be? they have 40+ endorsements,cant exactly take them on atm

Natapoc wrote:I also do not understand how those raiders who suggest we would have a better chance by leaving and attempting to refound come to this conclusion.

If all the natives leave then TBR can preplan the date and time they attempt the refound themselves and they can do it now while their members are still interested in Anarchy. This would be an ideal situation for TBR (Which is probably why all the raiders are begging us to leave).

It's in our best interest to make this occupation as difficult and time consuming for TBR as possible. Waiting it out until we find an advantage is by far the best strategy.

You're giving TBR more time to plan actually,when they have 1 native left to eject they can start planning a date,calling up every sniper on the block - a refound now would mean none of that - allowing a refound now would mean anarchy natives are in control rather then TBR

And you're actually making things worse in general because of the annoying nature of this occupation (not TBR their fault) and converting people to be raiders
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:04 am

Blood Wine wrote:
Natapoc wrote:I never said that TBR won't exist in 4 years. ONLY that there is a reasonable chance they won't. There is a very good chance that many of the raiders today won't be on NS in a year.

The future brings with it a lot of unknowns and most of those unknowns favor us. Anarchy is a very old region and many of the remaining natives were founded in antiquity but most of the raiders are throw away puppets of people who have not been playing nearly as long and are statistically likely to quit far before those of us who were here back when what black riders is doing now was against the rules and considered "griefing"

Have you even been paying attention?
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=275968&p=18114629#p18114629

Evil Wolf has it in his signature

Natapoc wrote:The rules and the game will continue to change, and given the huge advantage that raiders currently have it's likely that future changes will help us rather than them (There is no real defense against raiders for old established, and active regions such as ours).

Password protection is worse then occupation and the "founder" nation (who was not really the founder) is long gone from Nationstates.

Huge advantage? you mean going up against pre-existing piles filled with influence?
30+ endorsements is pretty much a safeguard against raiding,or you could password using the influence and go refound with the help of FRA and the such

Natapoc wrote:The changes that are coming to the game soon will make raiding more difficult and more involved so TBR will need the resources they currently allocate to Anarchy to be used elsewhere to maintain fresh interesting raids for their members.

What change would that be? they have 40+ endorsements,cant exactly take them on atm

Natapoc wrote:I also do not understand how those raiders who suggest we would have a better chance by leaving and attempting to refound come to this conclusion.

If all the natives leave then TBR can preplan the date and time they attempt the refound themselves and they can do it now while their members are still interested in Anarchy. This would be an ideal situation for TBR (Which is probably why all the raiders are begging us to leave).

It's in our best interest to make this occupation as difficult and time consuming for TBR as possible. Waiting it out until we find an advantage is by far the best strategy.

You're giving TBR more time to plan actually,when they have 1 native left to eject they can start planning a date,calling up every sniper on the block - a refound now would mean none of that - allowing a refound now would mean anarchy natives are in control rather then TBR

And you're actually making things worse in general because of the annoying nature of this occupation (not TBR their fault) and converting people to be raiders

What do you find so annoying about the nature of this occupation? Besides the fact that we are resisting far more then you would prefer?

No, if we all left now they would have all the time they wanted to plan. It's not as if they would be forced to abandon the region just because we did.

They could stay as long as they wanted until it was tactically advantageous to refound the region.
Did you see a ghost?

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:06 am

Natapoc wrote:What do you find so annoying about the nature of this occupation? Besides the fact that we are resisting far more then you would prefer?

No, if we all left now they would have all the time they wanted to plan. It's not as if they would be forced to abandon the region just because we did.

They could stay as long as they wanted until it was tactically advantageous to refound the region.

Maybe the excessively annoying natives that spam/puppetwank among other things?

TBR could correct me if I'm wrong,but they would move to refound ASAP rather then wait a month to plan (element of surprise,waiting a month would cause leaks) while waiting to be kicked out would give them time to organize without any leaks occurring,leading to more raider snipers and less defender coast watchers

DYP,give me a hand here please,you're a defender,talk some sense into them >.>
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:17 am

Blood Wine wrote:
Natapoc wrote:What do you find so annoying about the nature of this occupation? Besides the fact that we are resisting far more then you would prefer?

If they spam, report them. This is not the topic to complain about that.

The Blaatschapen - Nationstates Moderator
The Blaatschapen should resign

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:44 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:

I was referring to the previous incidents that had occurred

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:46 am

Blood Wine wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

I was referring to the previous incidents that had occurred

Still not the topic for it.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Concerneda
Civilian

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Concerneda » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:26 am

The cloaked figure wrote:Hmmmm this tears me reading this Iam a shadowey figure myself and love nothing more than to cause some mayhem but why waste half a year why not just pack your bags and disappear unto the night and find another victim. I personaly would be bored unless the natives have been kind to this cloaked figure in which case I'd stay for the hospitality and let the natives stay. So TBR please consider my point of view as a netrual on this.*Disappears into the night*

*Anthony, honey, don't leave without your lunch! And Why are you wearing this ridiculous poncho, it's not raining today!*
I appreciated the neutral point of view, thank you.
Last edited by Concerneda on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Riemstagrad » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:12 pm

The rules and the game will continue to change, and given the huge advantage that raiders currently have it's likely that future changes will help us rather than them (There is no real defense against raiders for old established, and active regions such as ours).

The changes that are coming to the game soon will make raiding more difficult and more involved so TBR will need the resources they currently allocate to Anarchy to be used elsewhere to maintain fresh interesting raids for their members.

I also do not understand how those raiders who suggest we would have a better chance by leaving and attempting to refound come to this conclusion.

as long as the goal is to keep the region and eventually get rid of the uninvited guests, this post pretty much sums it all up. I can't believe that the raiders who claim the opposite really believe what they're saying.

It's not the first time natives decide for this strategy. It happens most of the time. i remember one case of a region that chose another strategy: When occupied somewhere in 2009, France had the glorious idea of moving to some France-in-exile region. They were so lucky that someone friendly snatched the refound before the region was added to the Macedonian Empire...
Last edited by Riemstagrad on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:00 pm

Blood Wine wrote:DYP,give me a hand here please,you're a defender,talk some sense into them >.>

You don't want my sense :P Personally I think TBR are still in there because you're putting up such a fight. They're like the rest of R/D, they like a bit of drama. But its too late to stop now.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:49 pm

Would any defender groups be willing to help remove TBR from anarchy?

Someone suggested I message Unibot. I did so but never received a reply.

Is no one up for the challenge? Is there really an "R/D" game or is there just an "R" game?

If there is just an "R" game then would any raiders be willing to help us kick out TBR?
Last edited by Natapoc on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you see a ghost?

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:03 am

Natapoc wrote:Would any defender groups be willing to help remove TBR from anarchy?

Is no one up for the challenge? Is there really an "R/D" game or is there just an "R" game?

If there is just an "R" game then would any raiders be willing to help us kick out TBR?

Anarchy has an insane amount of endos. It's not simply a matter of "Oh I feel like liberating Anarchy today, you in?"

It requires planning, coordination, and even then I'm not sure defenders could pull the raw number of liberators needed.
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 am

Most raider groups that have been around for more than a month or two (aka, that live) work with other raiders. You may be able to approach TEK/CoF about it, but I doubt they'll be of much help. They at least are more than happy to attack TBR.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:37 am

Tano wrote:
Natapoc wrote:Would any defender groups be willing to help remove TBR from anarchy?

Anarchy has an insane amount of endos. It's not simply a matter of "Oh I feel like liberating Anarchy today, you in?"

It requires planning, coordination, and even then I'm not sure defenders could pull the raw number of liberators needed.

Insane? since when is 36 insane?
Raiders went in with 21,and 36 is actually a all-time low count,it's height was 80 and for the most time it hung around 40-50

Nova currently has 9 endorsements - a 27 difference,so much for those legendary numbers the acclaimed defender have

27 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Colony of Johor Bahru District Militia.
27 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The United States of Noble42.
28 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Partyless Republic of Super-Llamaland.
28 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Praetor of United Protectors.
28 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of R001.
28 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Colony of Nazis.
28 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Hsiloof-slarebil.
28 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Capital City of Fligsive.
28 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Colony of El Kitty.
28 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Japorea.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Defiantly Marsupial State of Bhang Bhang Duc.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Inedibility of Cat food.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Jeckland WA Edition.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Colony of Ersonilne.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Crazy Petes of Venoloon.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Allied States of Deer oh Deer.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Chookaku.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Republic of Elise Wassermann.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Borderlands of Ralevier.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Free Land of Zog Nit Keynmol.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Democratic Kingdom of Karputsk.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Dustcloud of The Worlds Laziest Defender.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Oppressed Peoples of Pauline Marois.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Republic of Kog Switcher G.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Midnight Elegy of Tranquil Winds.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Federation of Espella Cantabella.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Sultanate of Astromum.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Blue Pages of Selenetic.
29 minutes ago: Nova Castlemilk was endorsed by The Feathered Friends of Avryania.

Although it's mostly unorganized,it seems the FRA is trying to run attrition,without much success
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=joe_bobs_fra

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:43 am

Noble42 and Unified protectors, at least, are TEK.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

At Sea
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby At Sea » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:46 am

Your wish was granted this minor update. 30 updaters attempted to move and endorse Nova Castlemilk, who himself had 9 endorsements from within. Things didn't go well for Defenders and their friends, however. Only about half managed to endorse their point before the update. 5 Defenders were banned before the update by the ever-watchful Duck-Boss.

We are also glad to see The Eternal Knights joining them in defeat. None of their units managed to endorse Castlemilk before the update.
Last edited by At Sea on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:48 am

Deer oh Deer was me.
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:50 am

That's actually a very impressive number.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Upper Drizzilia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Drizzilia » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:52 am

At Sea wrote:

Your wish was granted this minor update. 30 updaters attempted to move and endorse Nova Castlemilk, who himself had 9 endorsements from within. Things didn't go well for Defenders and their friends, however. Only about half managed to endorse their point before the update. 5 Defenders were banned before the update by the ever-watchful Duck-Boss.

We are also glad to see The Eternal Knights joining them in defeat. None of their units managed to endorse Castlemilk before the update.

Lets go TEK :rofl:
Upper Drizzilia
1137 regions successfully invaded
Sergeant - The Black Riders

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:02 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:That's actually a very impressive number.

It may be an impressive number, but most of those updaters were inexperienced.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:08 am

Feuer Ritter wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if some drafted natives were thrown in there

On a other note,I wish i knew this beforehand,I would have loved to record a blow by blow on the influence tallies

Gaiserin
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaiserin » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Tano wrote:

With the power of hacking, anything is possible...
■■▀■▀■▀■▀▀▀■■■

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:19 pm

Feuer Ritter wrote:

Perhaps so, but now they are all a little more experienced and with each attempt they move us one step closer to removal of TBR.

Thank you those who attempted to help remove TBR from Anarchy a few hours ago.

I really appreciate every one of you.
Did you see a ghost?

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Gaiserin wrote:
Tano wrote:Anarchy has an insane amount of endos. It's not simply a matter of "Oh I feel like liberating Anarchy today, you in?"

With the power of hacking, anything is possible...

You really shouldn't make jokes like that. Some people might take you seriously.
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:32 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Feuer Ritter wrote:

Perhaps so, but now they are all a little more experienced and with each attempt they move us one step closer to removal of TBR.

Thank you those who attempted to help remove TBR from Anarchy a few hours ago.

I really appreciate every one of you.

1 liberation attempt --->pro uber MLG skills

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay