NATION

PASSWORD

The East Pacific

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Bachtendekuppen
Attaché

Founded: Sep 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The East Pacific

Postby Bachtendekuppen » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:49 pm

The Sovereign East - Embassy of The East Pacific

Government:

Delegate: Ramaeus
Provost: The Fourth Imperium
Viceroy: Aelitia

Minister of Foreign Affairs: The Fourth Imperium
General of EPSA: Xoriet
Commissioner of the East Pacific Police Service: Eastern Tim-Opolis
Commissioner of the East Pacific News Service: Bachtendekuppen

The East Pacific

Any questions? Contact Ramaeus or The Fourth Imperium.

Updates:

Last edited by Bachtendekuppen on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 16 times in total.
The Puffin
The East Pacific

Bachtendekuppen
Attaché

Postby Bachtendekuppen » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:01 pm

A Joint Statement from Lazarus and The East Pacific

The East Pacific and the People's Republic of Lazarus formally declare the intend to draft a stronger and updated treaty between each other, replacing the 2009 treaty.

Our two regions have a long history of friendship and cooperation and consider it an appropriate time to renew this bond, in light of the constitutional reorganization in Lazarus and the continued mutual support and respect for both regions.

Signed,

Bachtendekuppen, Delegate of The East Pacific
Milograd, Chairman of the People's Republic of Lazarus
Last edited by Bachtendekuppen on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Puffin
The East Pacific

The Saturnian Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: May 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Saturnian Republic » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:23 pm

This is great to hear. It'll be great seeing TEP and Lazarus grow closer and working with each other. And belated congrats, Bach. :)
FRA Representative, San Francisco Bay Area
Regional Assembly Representative, Spiritus
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Spiritus
Deputy Minister of Defence, Spiritus
Lieutenant, United Defenders League
High Mage of Conjurational Summoning, Spiritus Defence Force
Defender/Raider: -18
Cosmopolitan/Regionalist: -1.5
Saeturn Valerius Liberalis
Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
-Elie Wiesel
Frattastan: Someone just give (Osiris) a founder and block regional controls.
Sedge: I'd prefer the admins to officially recognise their status as a warzone.

Such Activities
Secretary

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Such Activities » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:12 am

Damn, we got any embassy thread? :D

--Tano
Haha, same Terry.

Such Activities: Bringing you elephant hunting since 2012

Charax
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:03 am

Took long enough for TEP to get a thread up in GP. Shocking! :P

Congratulations to the East Pacifican & Lazarene Governments.
Minister of WA Affairs, Balder
◆◆◆

Kringalia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:00 am

I will sure pay attention to this thread, and congratulations to TEP and Laz for working on a closer relationship.
Chief Justice of the South Pacific
Delegate of the South Pacific (Apr - Dec 2014)

Interviewed Max Barry | Tuesday Couper | Commended by WASC #422

Old Federalia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Federalia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:22 am

Thank you all for your warm words.

Old Federalia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Federalia » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:13 pm

November - December 2013

Delegate of The East Pacific: Bachtendekuppen
Provost of the Magisterium: A Slanted Black Stripe
Viceroy of the Conclave: Todd McCloud

In This Issue:
*A Word From The Delegate!
*TEP Assimilated!
*Adorable Bird Elected!
*Reformation!
*Mass Objections!
*Sectarian Violence!

A WORD FROM THE DELEGATE!

I am very proud to present you all with this update, the first one in a long time, reporting the bits and pieces happening over here in the glorious East Pacific. It's been almost a month now since the Citizens saw fit to elect their Puffin to the highest office and I'm pleased to say that things have been going well.

I've been member of the East Pacific for a bit over a year now. I started out as a completely new player and I found a home in TEP. Dedicating myself to this home I served as Magister (Legislator), EPSA soldier, Ambassador, Deputy-Provost (Deputy-Speaker), Provost (Speaker), and Chancellor of the University. Last October, I decided to go for the next step and give my complete focus to the job of Delegate. Being elected was a huge honor and I'm immensely thankful for the trust placed in me by the people of the East Pacific.

I have always valued The East Pacific for its own character, independence and maturity. My purpose and vision is to bolster this region and it's community and I hope my Delegacy will prove to be a positive element in this. I am lucky to have a good executive team, whose efforts are invaluable to TEP and I thank them for accepting their mandates.

In terms of Foreign Affairs, I want The East Pacific to be more open and visible again, as well as focused on maintaining and nurturing relations with it's fellow Feeders and Sinkers. This openness, however, can never be at the cost of our independence and sovereignty, which is the freedom to develop our own policies and values. The East Pacific will follow its own course, as well as cooperate with and respect its allies. Yet I believe we have a lot of interests in common with our fellow GCRs, which should be used as building blocks for rapprochement while respecting their individuality and independence.

Signed,
Bachtendekuppen

TEP ASSIMILATED!

For the last ten years, TEP has been under siege by an entity known as The Pax. Its strength in our RP is unmatched--all resistance has been proven futile. The forum banner declares, "TEP Assimilated. All governments surrender. No news at 11."

No need to fear for the safety of your friends in the East. The Hive is our forum and the forum is The Hive. Packilvania has spent ten years administrating TheEastPacific.com and even declined to sell the URL for thousands of dollars. His tireless efforts was finally rewarded with a resolution by the Magisterium.

In this "Resolution to Honor 10 years of Packilvania," Provost ASBS cited a few of Packilvania's many contributions to TEP. Remember when the activity of the GCR forums was debated? Well, The Pax has 8,388,607 forum posts, more than all of NS' offsite forums combined. Remember TEP's darkest hour? The Pax was elected to serve as the Delegate-In-Exile when The Empire seized control of the region. So when you consider TEP, its amazing forum or its historic roleplay, remember The Pax and surrender.

ADORABLE BIRD ELECTED!

For the first time in over two years, a new face is at the helm of TEP. He has two beady eyes and wears a green tie. He has two wings but prefers to swim. He is going to do what he was born to do:

Bachtendekuppen was elected in a narrow victory over Hobbesistan on November 8th. Bach had a straight forward campaign to restart foreign affairs, support the Magisterium's organization of the executive, and make himself available to TEP residents through the forum, mass telegrams, skype and IRC. His no-nonsense approach to the election secured the trust of the voters and has continued into Bach's delegacy as he brings cohesion to the region.

Bach's Flag

His Puffiness' first act was an Executive Order to fill the executive. With vacancies in all departments, Bach nominated Babiana (Niadh) for Overseeing Officer of the Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army, Heronlord for Commissioner of the Eastern Pacific Police Service, Prussia for Editor of the Eastern Pacific News Service. He also consolidated foreign affairs into one ministry with the creation of the Minister of Foreign Affairs position, to which he appointed Old Federalia (People United Together). Additionally, these positions were organized into the Executive Directorate in order to entice the ministers to attend staff meetings.

More interestingly, you can read about the delegate's hugely successful convention on the Conclave further down the page, but first, let me elaborate on changes to the executive:

FOREIGN AFFAIRS:
Just as Bach promised in the election, the embassies of TEP are seeing some love. If your region hasn't been assigned a new ambassador, it will be shortly. Expect an update bimonthly, so the next update will be in January. Expect two ambassadors to ensure premier relations. Expect arbitrary smiles and gratuitous amounts of caek (cake).

THE SOVEREIGN ARMY:
After being recalled to support the delegate transition, the Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army focused on cooperation. EPSA assisted the Browncoats of Miranda on their first mission to take WZ Sandbox, then the North Pacific Army to take WZ Australia. Cooperation with other regions will be a focus moving forward, and the delegate reaffirms TEP's neutrality.
New recruits: Xoriet, a well established member of the forum who favors the spam room, and dasevenhorse, a new citizen who has jumped right into military gameplay.

NEWS SERVICE:
TEP has a new media outlet, the Eastern Pacific News Service. The Eastern Pacific News Service Act was passed on October 29th. It created a newspaper for TEP to be published on its forum, the NS forum, and TEP's embassies. It's mission is to provide a reliable news source to TEP and its friends. Regular articles will be published in its official NS Gameplay thread(link), and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will make use of its articles in future updates.

OTHER APPOINTMENTS:
Bachtendekuppen made three other appointments. To advise the delegate on proposals in the General Assembly and Security Council, Ramaeus was appointed Ambassador to the World Assembly. A Slanted Black Stripe, who seized the delegacy from The Empire, and A Mean Old Man, twice delegate, were nominated as Viziers. Viziers serve as the Security Council in TEP to protect against coups and rogue delegates. Since the game has changed and GCRs only have 6 months of influence now, the more viziers the merrier!

REFORMATION!

Compromise achieved after many rounds of negotiation.

For the last year, TEP suffered. The Conclave, the judiciary, suffers from inactivity. It's size rotated from 4 to 5 arbiters in the previous 12 months, and the total number of these judges was never active at any one time. Hence, its primary responsibility to interpret the Concordat stalled the region. However, Bach's second act as delegate was to call a Convention on Conclave Reform.

For the first time, there is a general consensus for how to reform the Conclave. The final debate is on what to put into the amendment and what to put into law. The structure of the new Conclave will set the number of arbiters at four arbiters, one of which to be viceroy like before. If all arbiters are present, the viceroy will not vote, but if an arbiter is absent or recused like usual, the viceroy shall vote. More importantly, arbiters will have six month terms, one of which will end every two months.

For the average TEPer, this means the Conclave will finally be held accountable. It has Standing Orders in desperate need of revision, and the inability to administrate justice or interpret the Concordat as a group. Undoubtedly, terms will force additional, internal reformation by the arbiters after the amendment passes the Magisterium and referendum.

MASS OBJECTIONS!

Macedonian flag

In an awesome display of unity, the World Assembly voted down "Repeal SC#1: Condemn Macedon" 10,023 votes to 1,687. The first Security Council resolution was written by former TEP delegate Todd McCloud and passed on June 20th, 2009 with 3,123 votes to 1,206. In addition to being SC#1, this historic resolution is prominent for condemning Macedon's "bold orange text with blue accents on every colony's world factbook entry."

Delegate Frattastan of The Rejected Realms personally campaigned against Repeal SC#1 to prevent it from reaching quorum. When it managed to gain enough approvals, Frat was the first delegate to vote against the proposal. TEP would like to thank everyone who voted against it--especially those who voted early--even if they were going to vote against it anyway. TEP desires to preserve WA resolutions written by its citizens, such as Todd, AMOM, and Ramaeus.

SECTARIAN VIOLENCE!

Before Bach took office, TEP was subjected to an evil fishmonger coup. AMOM fully supported the fish cause with several fish themed region-wide telegrams. Happily, Bach returned the region to its alignment with caek. However, the fishmongers did not relent.

The war on the RMB between fish and caek divulged into a war between fish, caek, and pi (pie). Apparently, a division in the caek faction resulted in the emergence of pi as the new minority. Noted TEP RPer The Alor sided with pi, although his preference for either cherry or apple pi is unknown. The fishmongers used this split to come back. While a three way sounds both enticing and confusing, some RMBers unashamedly have loyaties to two parties, thereby forming Pi-Caek and Fish-Caek splinters.

Just a week ago, a fourth party was announced:
"It's not traitorous. This region, this great region, The East Pacific, it's a democracy. Ain't gonna get any trouble from making the Bread Party. As long as we don't kill any puffins.
Bread for all! Bread for all! Vive le pain! Vive le pain!"
--Mundiferrum

If that still isn't enough, some contenders are contemplating yogurt and ham as well. The Alor said it best:
"Time to give you a picture with no context in order to confuse the living caek out of you:"

Contact these leaders to join a cause:
Caek Alliance: Probaptical
Pi Party: Trinada Tribe and The Alor
Fishmongers: A Mean Old Man
Pi-Caek: Dragonia
Bread For All Party: Mundiferrum

Thank you for reading,
--Bachtendekuppen,
Delegate of The East Pacific
--Old Federalia,
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Last edited by Old Federalia on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

World War 3 America
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby World War 3 America » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:31 am

:clap:
Bachtendekuppen wrote:

The Sovereign East - Embassy of The East Pacific

Government:

Delegate: Bachtendekuppen
Provost: A Slanted Black Stripe
Viceroy: Todd Mccloud

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Old Federalia
General of EPSA: Babiana
Commissioner of the East Pacific Police Service: Heronlord
Commissioner of the East Pacific News Service: Prussia

Any questions? Contact Bachtendekuppen or Old Federalia

Updates:

:clap: That's good

Bachtendekuppen
Attaché

January-February Update

Postby Bachtendekuppen » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:55 pm

January - February 2014

Delegate of The East Pacific: Bachtendekuppen
Provost of the Magisterium: A Slanted Black Stripe
Viceroy of the Conclave: Todd McCloud

In This Issue:
*A Word From The Delegate!
*TEP Joins Defenderdom!
*Friendships Rekindled!
*University Ransacked!
*Swords & Stratagem!
*Unchallenged Tyranny!
*Power Struggle!
*Galaxy Discovered!
*Secret New Government!
*Poetic Duel!

A WORD FROM THE DELEGATE
The East Pacific and the first steps of 2014

Be Delegate for at least one term. Check. Still alive. Check. No depression. Check. Things have been going well!

Seriously though, since our last update in December 2013, there's again a lot to tell about TEP. Busy people and lot's of posts: this update will try to enlighten you, interested Foreigner, in the intricate happenings on East Pacific soil. As Delegate I say, enjoy!

There are two important things I'd like to talk to you about myself. It seems that I have the right to do that. Comes with the territory and all.

Firstly, we have had a lot to celebrate in TEP. TEP Liberation day, on the 20th of December, marks the day that the Empire was ousted from the region. TEP Concordat day, following on the 11th of January, celebrates that day that the Concordat was established after said ousting and finally TEP Democracy Day on the 20th of January which marks the day the first Delegate was elected under the new Concordat.

These holidays are, without a doubt, about the most important happenings in our history, shaping The East Pacific in very distinctive ways for the future. We remember not only the bad, but mostly the strength, endurance and regrowth showed by The East Pacific and it's members, something we endlessly try to live up to.

Secondly, The East Pacific voted on February 6th in favor of the Defender Act. This act states that, in line with its appreciation for the values of sovereignty and self-determination, The East Pacific affirms being a Defender oriented region. The East Pacific wouldn't be TEP if it didn't do that in its own special way: the Act also explicitly affirms the regions historical openness to players of all beliefs and ideologies, as well as the equality of all it's Citizen's and Residents.

The focus of The East Pacific will mostly remain where it's always been, with the other Feeders and GCR's, focused on friendly relations and mutual cooperation, tolerance and maturity. A strong bond between regions in alike circumstances will benefit them all. Affirming to be a Defender oriented region does not change this focus or openness, but is rather an added aspect to TEP's identity and values.

What is TEP? It's the region I have the honor of representing. The place for all kinds of players to grow and blossom. A place of fun, thoughtfulness and refinement.

And we have a bright future ahead.

Bachtendekuppen,
Puffin Delegate of The Sovereign East Pacific

TEP JOINS DEFENDERDOM!
The following article published by the EPNS details the passing of the Defender Act:
link to NS thread

FRIENDSHIPS REKINDLED!
Two notable accomplishments for the Delegate's first term has been to renew the ties between TEP and its' allies. The "TREATY BETWEEN THE EAST PACIFIC AND LAZARUS" was ratified by the Magisterium on Jan. 7th and "An Act of Friendship and Mutual Respect for Sovereignty between The East Pacific and The United Defenders League" was ratified by the Magisterium on Jan. 17.

The new TEP-Laz Treaty replaces the TEP-Laz treaty that has been in affect since 2009. TEP recognizes the People's Republic of Lazaruz under the PRL constitution as the rightful government of Lazarus, and Laz continues to recognize the government under the Concordat as the rightful government of TEP. The differences between the old and new treaties are more specific terms and a cultural cooperation section.
(view treaty)

TEP previously had a treaty with the UDL. It was cancelled soon after Unibot left by Solm because TEP attacked regions who had embassies with GGR. This new treaty irons out those differences by acknowledging TEP will attack its enemies, and that if the UDL chooses to defend those regions, neither TEP nor the UDL will let that conflict affect the alliance.
(view treaty)

UNIVERSITY RANSACKED!
The historic and treasured University of The East Pacific (UTEP) is now unrecognizable. It was once a beautiful archive of knowledge, but is now an amalgamation of empty forums and mind-numbing trivia. The disaster started soon after the third chancellor since UTEP's refounding took his seat. The work of the first chancellor, Bachtendekuppen, was completely disrespected and relegated to a subforum. What has happened?

The University's chancellors are elected by the "holders of knowledge" (teachers), not the general populace. Once elected, chancellors have absolute power over UTEP. Apparently, soon after the current Chancellor, Old Federalia, was elected, two holders resigned. Was this in protest to the changes?

When asked if he wants to destroy UTEP, the chancellor replied, "I asked the citizens what they thought of the University. They like it, but want more than just a library." A further inquiry asked about enrollment, "No, enrollment hasn't improved. My goals are in sequence. This is the third month of a four month term. The last month will be devoted to recruiting students. The first three months are the preparation period. Expect a culmination for all to see in March...did I mention chess?..."

SWORDS & STRATAGEM!
The University of TEP invites its friends from all over to enter it's first "Inter-Regional Chess Tournament." There will be both individual and team tournaments. Details here: entry thread

UNCHALLENGED TYRANNY!
The former liberator of TEP dominates East Pacifican legislative affairs, and remains unchallenged. Feinting an offer to not stand for re-election as Provost (Speaker) of the Magisterium (Legislature) in favor of any other candidate, A Slanted Black Stripe made sure he received a landslide victory. That shouldn't be surprising, since the only one willing to go head to head with the Magis' boss was a fictional character. That's right, Mickey Mouse received the only vote not cast for ASBS, besides ASBS' "noble" abstention. On Jan. 29th, Provost ASBS became the second person to be elected provost three times in a row. (Congratulations, Stripe!)

POWER STRUGGLE!
The Magisterium has reorganized the judicial branch of TEP. The result of two amendments will presumably displace TEP's long tradition of "common law" with "civil law." While the reliance on the judiciary to govern was never official, the changes to the Concordat will undeniably place a responsibility to create effective statutory laws on the legislature.

In the last update, an amendment to the Conclave (Judiciary) was announced. The first change to the Conclave in five years replaces a changing number of Arbiters (judges) with life terms, to four Arbiters with six month terms. This "Sixth Amendment" ratified on Jan. 30th to the glee of many TEPers in hopes that Arbiters will either become active or be replaced.

Additionally, the seventh amendment will create summary and indictable offenses if ratified by the citizenship. Currently, the Delegate punishes adspam and endocap infractions without the Conclave, but the courts remains dormant. It is thought the recognition of the two types of crimes will place an emphasis on the lack of real crimes, but others fear the Conclave will be sidelined.

Former chief justice, or Viceroy, Jurisdictions expressed his concern for the impending changes via a post in the Magisterium, "What I am truly frustrated with, is the lack of consultation of the Conclave during these times for amendment." Provost A Slanted Black Stripe responded, "We spend a great deal of time debating the legal ramifications of these changes. However, we do not defer to the Conclave for their exclusive legal opinion as we do our job."

GALAXY DISCOVERED!
A spiral galaxy was discovered within the borders of TEP. Apparently, this galaxy contains 300 billion stars, and, luckily, is dominated by humans (no alien threat to TEP). The spacefaring civilizations within were once under the sway of the Galactic Federation of Planets, but that galaxy-wide government has all but disbanded. Now the galaxy's planets are in military and economics battles for control of trade routes. There is little chance for a new galactic order, but that won't stop many from trying. There will be plenty of pacts signed, backs stabbed, and cargo ships raided.

The residents of TEP have flocked to the "Planet RP" in hopes of displacing disinterest in the nation RP, including veteran RPers East Malaysia and Southern Yugoslavia. An up-and-comers in the RP is Xoriet. Her planetary religion is just a interesting as her vivid characters, making her planet the most exciting one among many.

(To view the galaxy and read about the planets, check the Map of Galaxy.)

SECRET NEW GOVERNMENT!
Nations from across TEP are secretly discussing the formation of a new government. There has been widespread dissatisfaction with the status quo. The details are not yet released, but there is hope for a government with a strong legislature. The representative of an anonymous nation had this to say, "What do you mean a secret government? Who are you? Get out of here before I call security. SECURITY! SECURITY!"
(View the negotiations: The Confederated East Pacific)

POETIC DUEL!
The East Pacific is suffering through a pandemic of sorts. Since the start of the University Poetry Competition, natives of TEP have joined the forum just to submit their entries.

In an effort to enroll more students, the University created a new position: Poet Laureate. The residents of TEP will select the best poet out via a poll on the region's page. The winner will receive a special badge and be expected to write poems for TEP's official holidays.

Badge:

Runner-ups:

As a parting gift, here's a notable entry for your viewing pleasure:

"In days of old when knights were bold
and toilets were not yet invented,
They laid their load beside the road
and walked away contented. "

--Teutonic Territory

Thanks for reading!
--Bach, Delegate
--OF, MoFA
[/nocode]
The Puffin
The East Pacific

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:00 pm

So other regions can join the chess tourney? Because you know how Russians are at Chess... :p
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Bachtendekuppen
Attaché

Postby Bachtendekuppen » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:09 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:So other regions can join the chess tourney? Because you know how Russians are at Chess... :p

Absolutely. Each region can send up to 3 players.
The Puffin
The East Pacific

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:45 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:So other regions can join the chess tourney? Because you know how Russians are at Chess... :p

*waves*
Evening there. I'm the Resident Russian. Coincidentally I also play chess.
I'll sign myself, and hopefully Spiritus, up next week. I'll be away from NS for a few days for, fittingly enough, an Invitational of the Top 25 Ohio Youth Chess Players :P
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Old Federalia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Federalia » Mon May 19, 2014 9:45 pm

An announcement from Delegate Bachtendekuppen, posted in the GRA's embassy on TEP's forum:

Since May 12th, our relation with the Global Right Alliance has deteriorated to a point that I no longer deem it appropriate, nor necessary, nor advisable to sustain it.

The GRA thought it acceptable to include a GIF of a monkey, urinating into it's mouth, in the foreign update posted in the GRA's embassies abroad. My own foreign minister, Old Federalia, requested our forum administers to intervene and remove the GIF. Todd McCloud, one of our Administrators, reviewed the request and deemed that the post did indeed need moderation. The subsequent reaction of Minister Bobs and other members of his region is the subject of this statement.

Considering the erroneous assumption by some that an embassy is the inviolable territory of a foreign nation/region, it is understandable that members of the GRA would be offended by the abrupt edit to their official document. What they failed to realize was the sensitivity with which the decision was made. No outbursts from citizens were posted in their thread, instead TEP's diplomatic and administrative staffs held private discussions in order to prevent an incident.

Had the diplomatic staff of the GRA responded in like-kind by simply making a private inquiry, they would have recuperated the respect lost when they posted the primate in the first place. Instead, the GRA proceeded to initiate a condemnation of TEP, Lazarus, and Osiris officials, each having moderated the same update.

However, it is astonishing to note their defenseless defense of their presumed right to freedom of speech was not the end of their outlandish antics. They invited the admins of TEP, Lazarus and Osiris, (Todd, Cormac, and Hobbes) to speak their minds. Each admin simply stated the obvious; the ape transgressed each forum's ToS rules, the same ones agreed to upon registering. Unsatisfied, the members of the GRA took turns insulting and trolling the admins. The extent of these comments was far out of proportion, and only demonstrates the debased culture of the GRA.

Further, when TEP's foreign minister was finally aware of the GRA's actions, he reprimanded their region for targeting Todd instead of approaching TEP officially and gave them two choices: either abide by the forum rules when using their embassy in TEP, or close it. Joe Bobs demanded an apology for not having received a private explanation, and for MoFA Federalia's arrogant attitude.

I intervened myself, and laid out the situation quite clearly: the GRA had no reason to harass TEP citizens rather than simply contact the appropriate officials, nor the right to demand an apology.

Finally, the GRA pre-emptively announced the closure of embassies with TEP after Osiris ended relations with the GRA.

The most shocking aspect of this bizarre episode was the disrespectful treatment the GRA gave to an admin of Lazarus, a fellow Founderless Regions Alliance member. Indeed, Hobbes received the worst treatment with a remark not ever worth repeating. If this is how the GRA treats an ally, then what hope is there for non-allies? It is only a matter of time before the GRA harasses other regions and players. The Global Right Alliance prides itself on upsetting others. NationStates is a game and should be fun, not agonizing. The East Pacific will not care for such disrespectful behavior and not condone it. It has no place here.

I hereby close the GRA's embassy on TheEastPacific.com.

Bachtendekuppen,
Puffin Delegate of TEP

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Tue May 20, 2014 10:21 am

Obvious choice is obvious.

If any region wishes to know more about this or the events leading up to this, feel free to contact one of us. We'd be happy to inform you of the events and assist you in following suit.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Statement on the Osiris-Lazarus War

Postby Ramaeus » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:34 pm

The war between the Osiris Fraternal Order and the People's Republic of Lazarus is the inevitable conclusion to months of failing relations between the two regions. The war demonstrates how ideology is integral to the function of Osiris and Lazarus. Osiris and Lazarus are fundamentally different. Osiris is first and foremost Imperialist, whereas Lazarus is Defender.

The East Pacific is in a diplomatically unusual position: allied to two regions at war. Our neutrality was assured the moment our present condition was born. We cannot and we will not proclaim our support for either side. It is the result of the combination of our regional ideology and our relationship with the two principal parties involved in this conflict. We can and will maintain equilibrium.

However, our neutrality does not mean we will ignore the conflict. Our unique position prevents us from doing so. Should the sovereignty, stability, or security of either participant be threatened, we will intervene. It is the inevitable result of the burden our bonds of friendship place on us. We value the relationships we hold with Lazarus and Osiris too much to sacrifice either one in the name of political convenience.

Our ideology of neutrality is key to the identity of our region. Without it, we are nothing—a region with no standard, no identity. With it, we are everything. Neutrality, tolerance, and acceptance. That is what makes The East Pacific unique. If we lose our neutrality, we lose our very identity.

Ramaeus
Delegate of The East Pacific
Just some weeb.

the Imperial Crown
Envoy

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby the Imperial Crown » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Given the circumstances upon which the East Pacific enjoys prosperous relations with both of the involved combatants and knowing that were they to choose a side, they would offend and damage relations with at least one region as a result, I definitely support their chosen decision - neutrality in a case of fighting between trusted friends and allies is often the best policy.

In Delegate Ramaeus' shoes, I'd have chosen the very same option. May The East Pacific continue to prosper ^^
- Lord Ravenclaw -
10th Pharaoh and World Assembly Delegate
First Pharaoh of House Ravenclaw
= The Desert Star of Osiris =
5th April 2012 - 29th May 2014

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:42 pm

An excellent speech Ram. Hail the Sovereign East!
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Alterran Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alterran Republic » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:43 pm

Hail the East Pacific! May the war never reach their shores!
Vidarr Braighart Kasten
Alterra - Vidarr - Delta - Sherlock
NS History || Logbook of Quotes
<+IH> There needs to be some constant to life that we can hold onto, something extremely difficult to find if we are constantly on the move.
<@Vidarr> I hold onto the constant of change
<+IH> How delightfully paradoxical.

Old enough to remember, young enough to not care. -Holofurnace, Iron Snakes Chapter

Unibot III
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:04 pm

I love how you call "ideology" integral to Osiris and Lazarus, but you use the word, "neutrality" for TEP. As if neutrality isn't an ideological position with its own baggage. I think it's quite patronizing how the whole declaration paints your allies in such poor light when you frame them as "ideological" caricatures defined by their beliefs, while presumably TEP is some sort of natural, "neutral" constant. :roll:
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25-05-2008 | Former Delegate of TRR

Factbook // Collected works // Gameplay Alignment Test //
9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Headlines from Unibot // WASC HQ: A Guide

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:07 pm

Unibot III wrote:I love how you call "ideology" integral to Osiris and Lazarus, but you use the word, "neutrality" for TEP. As if neutrality isn't an ideological position with its own baggage. I think it's quite patronizing how the whole declaration paints your allies in such poor light when you frame them as "ideological" caricatures defined by their beliefs, while presumably TEP is some sort of natural, "neutral" constant. :roll:

[9:34:53 PM] Ramaeus Montresor: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=271289&p=21550414#p21550414
[9:35:48 PM] Tano: inb4 uni attacks our neutrality

How predictable ;)

I fail to see how we painted our allies in a negative light. We simply stated facts: both Laz and Osi are defined by their beliefs. And indeed, TEP is a natural and neutral constand within GCR politics. Thank you for observing such.

Keep grasping for them straws Uni. You might actually grab some one day.
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Unibot III wrote:I love how you call "ideology" integral to Osiris and Lazarus, but you use the word, "neutrality" for TEP. As if neutrality isn't an ideological position with its own baggage. I think it's quite patronizing how the whole declaration paints your allies in such poor light when you frame them as "ideological" caricatures defined by their beliefs, while presumably TEP is some sort of natural, "neutral" constant. :roll:

It is the result of the combination of our regional ideology and our relationship with the two principal parties involved in this conflict.

Contextually, the piece clearly makes a distinction between the ideology of neutrality, which TEP adheres to, and the political stance of neutrality, which TEP occupies, in relation to the conflict between Osiris and Lazarus.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

British Grand Pacific
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby British Grand Pacific » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:12 pm

Unibot III wrote:I love how you call "ideology" integral to Osiris and Lazarus, but you use the word, "neutrality" for TEP.

Ramaeus wrote:Our ideology of neutrality...

Oops! Should have read the statement a bit closer.
Last edited by British Grand Pacific on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XorietToday at 11:54 AM
I’m not good at quotable quotes on demand

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:13 pm

We are The Eternal Pacific - meaning we are a constant in this ever changing world. Hell, we still have Loop around, our wonderful delegate from 2003.
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

Unibot III
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:21 pm

Tano wrote:I fail to see how we painted our allies in a negative light. We simply stated facts: both Laz and Osi are defined by their beliefs. And indeed, TEP is a natural and neutral constand within GCR politics. Thank you for observing such.

That's an incredibly patronizing position to have. TEP is not some kind of holy society above all of the other squabbling "ideologues" and I don't see why it should use the war as an opportunity to continue to self-promote. If you wanted to say that TEP is not going support either party except to defend them from attack, then you could have said that without the long exposition about how much better you are than everyone else.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25-05-2008 | Former Delegate of TRR

Factbook // Collected works // Gameplay Alignment Test //
9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Headlines from Unibot // WASC HQ: A Guide

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads