NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of Kings and Emperors Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:27 pm

Or we could all just move on. :p

Whiskum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:37 pm

Vaculatestar64 wrote:Or we could all just move on. :p

That is indeed an option, but if people are still choosing to question our positions on these points, then there is still a discussion to be had.

No one is forcing anyone else to read that discussion if they do not wish to do so.

I agree it would be better if The North Polish Union accepted reality when it comes to Slavia, buf if he chooses to object, we have every right to reply.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, Basileus Emeritus of Polis, etc.

Prince of Jomsborg, of Balder

Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:54 pm

Onderkelkia is the Bruce Lee of debates. Yes, he might not always be winning in the fight. But he's going to outlast his opponents. Or maybe he's just a mountain.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:55 am

Solorni wrote:Onderkelkia is the Bruce Lee of debates. Yes, he might not always be winning in the fight. But he's going to outlast his opponents. Or maybe he's just a mountain.

It is not a matter of seeking to 'outlast' any opponents.

It is very simply a matter of willingness to justify and defend one's own position, and in turn to substantively engage with the contrary arguments.

Slavia, in particular one member, has pursued a crusade in an effort to avoid coming to terms with its legal status in the FRA at the time of the raid.

In doing so, Slavia has presented arguments, including now well after the event. We have every right to refute those arguments and we have done so.

If people are uninterested in that discussion, then that is also understandable, but I accept no criticism or caricature for responding to his attacks.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:28 am

Whiskum wrote:
Solorni wrote:Onderkelkia is the Bruce Lee of debates. Yes, he might not always be winning in the fight. But he's going to outlast his opponents. Or maybe he's just a mountain.

It is not a matter of seeking to 'outlast' any opponents.

It is very simply a matter of willingness to justify and defend one's own position, and in turn to substantively engage with the contrary arguments.

Slavia, in particular one member, has pursued a crusade in an effort to avoid coming to terms with its legal status in the FRA at the time of the raid.

In doing so, Slavia has presented arguments, including now well after the event. We have every right to refute those arguments and we have done so.

If people are uninterested in that discussion, then that is also understandable, but I accept no criticism or caricature for responding to his attacks.

I think you're doing fine. I don't think many in gameplay will attempt to refute you other than NPU.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:49 am

Zaolat wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:The FRA removed Slavia from their membership roll several hours before Slavia's second statement of withdrawal, in doing so, they implicitly recognized Slavia's withdrawal as valid. This means that Slavia had not been an FRA member since December 24, and not January 3 as the UIAF would like to think.

This is indeed open and shut on an objective examination, but the facts would seem to disagree with the UIAF's desired version of the situation.

Therefore, I exhort the LKE, and the UIAF as a whole, to be more diligent in fact-checking when writing their news updates, lest they misattribute FRA membership to a region and then continue to perpetuate such non-facts for months afterwards.

As a result of this egregious fact-checking problem, I repeat my previous statement: :roll:

And if Slavia had really signed away every last shred of respectability as you say, I doubt that such a respectable person as you would debase yourself to the point of writing essay-length replies to us, eh? ;)

Fucking again? Really? You know you're wrong, get over it.

If I was wrong, I'd have stopped long ago. But I'm not going to let slanderous inaccuracies about my region be published in news updates without contesting them.
Whiskum wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:The FRA removed Slavia from their membership roll several hours before Slavia's second statement of withdrawal, in doing so, they implicitly recognized Slavia's withdrawal as valid. This means that Slavia had not been an FRA member since December 24, and not January 3 as the UIAF would like to think.

They were reacting to the fact that the region had just been invaded by the United Imperial Armed Forces - that is what triggered any removal.

You are arguing that the FRA removing Slavia from its membership rolls after the invasion means Slavia was not an FRA member at the time of the raid.

I doubt the fact that Slavia was raided was the immediate reason that Slavia's FRA membership was removed. There are several reasons for this. The first is that the FRA has not removed other member regions simply for being raided. Neither TRR or Soviet Union was immediately removed from the FRA at the moment they were raided as a result of the raid.

The second is that the FRA would not have recognized the UIAF's actions in Slavia as representative of the populace of Slavia and their wishes; had the populace of Slavia wished to remain in the FRA after the raid, Slavia. or its placeholder region, would have been listed as an FRA member.

The third is that the UIAF did not post a statement of withdrawal, complying with the FRA Charter, on behalf of Slavia on the FRA's forums. Had Slavia truly been an FRA member at the time of the raid, such an action would have been vital in order to truly withdraw it from the FRA. You cannot simply say that the UIAF's presence in a region nullifies that regions FRA membership regardless of the rest of the population of said region's views on the FRA.
Whiskum wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:This is indeed open and shut on an objective examination, but the facts would seem to disagree with the UIAF's desired version of the situation.

You have selected a piece of tangential evidence about the timing of an edit to a post which happened after the invasion and are from that trying to attach a whole load of motives to the FRA - imputed motives which run contrary to how they responded to the second statement, as Karputsk replied:
You are no longer a FRA member-region as you have followed the procedure outlined in the Charter. Specifically, a Regional Assembly member of the region that wishes to withdraw will announce the regions intention to leave in the Regional Assembly.

Quite clearly that shows the FRA as recognising the second statement, in accordance with the Charter - and made after the UIAF invasion of Slavia.

Slavia was removed from the FRA's membership list several hours prior to when the second statement of resignation was posted and Karputsk's post were made. In removing us prior to our "official" withdrawal, the FRA implicitly recognized our statement of December 24 as legal and binding, regardless of its compliance with the FRA Charter. This means that the fault lies entirely with the FRA, and not with Slavia, for Slavia's continued presence on the FRA's member list as of January 3.

Whiskum wrote:As it happens, the entire issue of precisely when the FRA membership list was edited post-raid and why is irrelevant to the argument we have made.

How so?
Whiskum wrote:Both Slavia and the FRA are bound by the FRA Charter, which makes very clear that resignations must go 'directly to the Regional Assembly'.

No such resignation came until after the invasion and, after the invalid statement, Slavia's representative told the FRA that Slavia was a member.

As explained above, in removing us prior to our "official" withdrawal, the FRA implicitly recognized our statement of December 24 as legal and binding, regardless of its compliance with the FRA Charter. This means that the fault lies entirely with the FRA, and not with Slavia, for Slavia's continued presence on the FRA's member list as of January 3.

Moreover, it is absurd for the UIAF to state that a region which the FRA did not consider an FRA member (as evidenced by their acceptance of our December 24 withdrawal) as an FRA member. It is, in fact, grasping at straws in order to attempt to make some justification for the raid and to maintain respectability when it has been irrefutably demonstrated that the UIAF's desired view of the situation was and is incorrect.

Whiskum wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:Therefore, I exhort the LKE, and the UIAF as a whole, to be more diligent in fact-checking when writing their news updates, lest they misattribute FRA membership to a region and then continue to perpetuate such non-facts for months afterwards.

The one 'fact' you are pinning your hopes on occurred after the invasion.

How, before our invasion took place, could we have checked the fact of the FRA editing their membership list in reaction to our invasion?

We cannot fast forward in time.

Indeed, and this means that the fault lies with the FRA for their lack of promptitude in removing Slavia.

The fact remains that once the true facts of the situation became more widely known, the UIAF should have modified their stance on the situation to reflect those facts, rather than dogmatically clinging to that story that they've used from day one, regardless of that story's blatant and demonstrable factual inaccuracies.
Whiskum wrote:The reason, of course, why we are going over Slavia, and indeed Lazarus also again above, is because detractors have each selected a single line of the update, and proceeded to make snide and factually inaccurate observations. Naturally, if people raise arguments, however spurious, we address them.

Whether these observations are snide or not is irrelevant, but what is relevant is the factual accuracy of such statements.

I am not familiar enough with Lazarus to give any opinion ass to the accuracies of their statements, nut in the case of Slavia, the statements made by us "detractors", no matter how snide, are factually accurate, as has been repeatedly demonstrated to the UIAf on numerous occasions.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:13 am

Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:18 am

The North Polish Union wrote:If I was wrong, I'd have stopped long ago. But I'm not going to let slanderous inaccuracies about my region be published in news updates without contesting them.

That Slavia was in the FRA at the time of the invasion is a not a 'slanderous inaccuracy'.

It is the only viable reading of the FRA Charter, by which both the FRA's central institutions and Slavia were bound.

It is also in accordance with the information relayed to the FRA by Slavia's regional representative prior to the invasion.

It also concords with the fact that Slavia then felt the need to follow the correct procedure in resigning from the FRA later that day..

The North Polish Union wrote:I doubt the fact that Slavia was raided was the immediate reason that Slavia's FRA membership was removed. There are several reasons for this. The first is that the FRA has not removed other member regions simply for being raided. Neither TRR or Soviet Union was immediately removed from the FRA at the moment they were raided as a result of the raid.

The second is that the FRA would not have recognized the UIAF's actions in Slavia as representative of the populace of Slavia and their wishes; had the populace of Slavia wished to remain in the FRA after the raid, Slavia. or its placeholder region, would have been listed as an FRA member.

The third is that the UIAF did not post a statement of withdrawal, complying with the FRA Charter, on behalf of Slavia on the FRA's forums. Had Slavia truly been an FRA member at the time of the raid, such an action would have been vital in order to truly withdraw it from the FRA. You cannot simply say that the UIAF's presence in a region nullifies that regions FRA membership regardless of the rest of the population of said region's views on the FRA.

Of course the fact that Slavia was invaded was the reason why the FRA amended their membership list that day.

From 24th December, after the invalid statement was posted, to 3rd January, no amendment to the membership list was made.

Then comes the UIAF invasion of Slavia and suddenly an amendment to the FRA membership list occurs.

The practical cause of the amendment to the FRA membership list that day was the invasion of Slavia by the UIAF that day.

As to what the FRA member responsible was thinking when they made the change, that is irrelevant - a person editing the membership list holds absolutely no weight under the FRA Charter. Both Slavia and the FRA are bound by their Charter -that was the legal document governing Slavia's membership.

Moreover, any change or recognition made by the FRA following the invasion would only be effective from the point when such recognition was given.

The North Polish Union wrote:Slavia was removed from the FRA's membership list several hours prior to when the second statement of resignation was posted and Karputsk's post were made. In removing us prior to our "official" withdrawal, the FRA implicitly recognized our statement of December 24 as legal and binding, regardless of its compliance with the FRA Charter. This means that the fault lies entirely with the FRA, and not with Slavia, for Slavia's continued presence on the FRA's member list as of January 3.

First, what individual FRA officials recognised is irrelevant insofar as the legal position is concerned.

The legal position is solely determined by the FRA Charter, to which both Slavia and the FRA institutions were bound.

That Charter required that the resignation go to the Regional Assembly. Nothing in the Charter allows that requirement to be overruled.

Second, any non-legal or political recognition of withdrawal would only be effective from the time when such recognition was actually granted.

If the FRA recognised Slavia's as having left the FRA on 3rd January, than that it is the time when such recognition is effective from.

Third, simply editing a membership list does not necessarily constitute a formal recognition of withdrawal on any level - it could have been in anticipation of a second statement, was would be indicated by Karputsk's reply to Slavia's FRA representative explaining that the correct procedure had been followed.

Fourth, the fault for the fact Slavia was in the FRA at the time of the invasion lies not just with the FRA's central officials, but also with the region of Slavia for sending mixed messages to the FRA, with one of its representatives telling the FRA that it wanted to stay in after the 24th December statement.

The North Polish Union wrote:How so?

It is irrelevant to the argument the UIAF has advanced because an edit the FRA membership list made after the invasion has no bearing on:

1. The legal position - that is nothing to do with the membership list, that is solely a matter of the FRA Charter.

2. What the situation was prior to the invasion of Slavia - an action performed post-invasion is not evidence of the situation prior to the invasion.

The North Polish Union wrote:As explained above, in removing us prior to our "official" withdrawal, the FRA implicitly recognized our statement of December 24 as legal and binding, regardless of its compliance with the FRA Charter. This means that the fault lies entirely with the FRA, and not with Slavia, for Slavia's continued presence on the FRA's member list as of January 3.

The logical jump from a lone individual, without any authority under the Charter, editing a membership list after the UIAF invasion occurred, to the FRA granting 'legal and binding' recognition to a specific statement which occurred prior to the invasion, is an entirely unsustainable leap.

The only thing that is 'legal and binding' is the FRA Charter, under which both the FRA and Slavia were governed in relation to the latter's FRA membership.

The North Polish Union wrote:Moreover, it is absurd for the UIAF to state that a region which the FRA did not consider an FRA member (as evidenced by their acceptance of our December 24 withdrawal) as an FRA member. It is, in fact, grasping at straws in order to attempt to make some justification for the raid and to maintain respectability when it has been irrefutably demonstrated that the UIAF's desired view of the situation was and is incorrect.

The removal from the membership list was followed by other evidence of the FRA's thought, for instance Karputsk's reaction to the official resignation.

Not that this really matters matters, because in legal terms an FRA official has no more authority to break its Charter than an exiting FRA region does.

It is 'grasping at straws' to construct an entire argument about Slavia having the left the FRA supposedly prior to the invasion around a supposed edit to a membership list, a list without any legal status, which occurred after the invasion.

It is also 'grasping at straws' to claim that the FRA recognising Slavia's withdrawal after the invasion has any bearing on the situation before the raid.

The North Polish Union wrote:Indeed, and this means that the fault lies with the FRA for their lack of promptitude in removing Slavia.

The fact remains that once the true facts of the situation became more widely known, the UIAF should have modified their stance on the situation to reflect those facts, rather than dogmatically clinging to that story that they've used from day one, regardless of that story's blatant and demonstrable factual inaccuracies.

We should have modified our story to reflect what? That, only after we invaded the region, the FRA recognised Slavia as withdrawing them?

Your argument is that by editing their membership list (in response to our invasion), the FRA back-dated Slavia's exit to 24th December.

We do not accept that the FRA has any power to back-date departures, or that editing the membership list post-invasion has any such implication.

Say the FRA had not, following the invasion, edited their membership list in this way: Then, even under your argument, Slavia would have been in the FRA at the time of the invasion. So how can the actual situation at the time of the invasion be transformed by an event which occurred post-invasion?

Your entire argument rests on reading a ludicrous implication into an action which was entirely unofficial and has no legal or practical bearing.

We are not interested in recognising attempts by either Slavia or by FRA officials to evade responsibility.

We are following the word of the FRA Charter, which is the overriding legal document governing the question of Slavia's FRA membership.

What you describe as 'the true facts of the situation' are nothing of the sort, but a fantasy constructed to avoid the facts of Slavia's FRA membership.

The North Polish Union wrote:Whether these observations are snide or not is irrelevant, but what is relevant is the factual accuracy of such statements.

I am not familiar enough with Lazarus to give any opinion ass to the accuracies of their statements, nut in the case of Slavia, the statements made by us "detractors", no matter how snide, are factually accurate, as has been repeatedly demonstrated to the UIAf on numerous occasions.

The argument that editing a membership list following the invasion somehow alters the reality that existed before the invasion is a sham.

It is also untenable and irrelevant in the face of the governing document to which both the FRA's officials and Slavia were subject to, the Charter.

The rules of the FRA Charter are supreme over both Slavia and all of the FRA's officials in this matter.

The rules of the Charter required that the resignation no directly to the Regional Assembly. No such resignation came until after the invasion.
Last edited by Whiskum on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Charles Cerebella
Envoy

Founded: Jul 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Charles Cerebella » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:48 am

Wow. Some very circular reasoning NPU. After all this time, and all the arguments to the contrary I'm surprised you still have the nerve to make an argument that's been disproved so many times.
Charles Cerebella

King of Albion

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:49 am

I, on the other hand, am not surprised at all.

The LKE Embassy
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The LKE Embassy » Sat May 17, 2014 8:36 am

The Land of Kings and Emperors Foreign Despatch
TERRA REGUM IMPERATORUMQUE TOTUM MUNDUM REGET!

17th May 2014
WA Delegate: The Holy Delegatory Empire of Bobracha | LKE Nation Count: 327 | Regional Rank: 30th | Munster Nation Count: 128 | Total Nation Count: 458 LKE Imperial Forums

Head of State: HSM Emperor Onder
Heir Apparent: HSH Crown Prince HEM Tiberius
Prince Imperial: HIH Cephal Talleyrand
Princess of Vienna: HIH Viktoria Gryfynn

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister: Josh Sebastian
Deputy Prime Minister Julian Ulrics
Interior Minister: Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika
Exterior Minister: Charles IX
Minister of Culture: Charles Westwood-Anumia
Minister of War: Christopher Bishop

3rd Monarchist Conference Underway

Earlier this month, the third annual Monarchist Conference began in the Land of Kings and Emperors, with many monarchs arriving from regions far and wide to discuss the future of monarchism in Nationstates and to form stronger bonds between the existing monarchies. Among the attending dignitaries there are familiar faces, such as the Balder, Albion, The New Inquisition, Kantrias, Mazeria and Denmark but also newcomers to the Conference, such as the Osiris Fraternal Order, Kingdom of Great Britain, The New Galactic Empire and the United Kingdom of the Netherlands. The attending Monarchs or their representatives have convened to discuss their intentions while several monarchy themed games and activities have been set up outside the main Conference area for citizens and monarchs alike to enjoy.

Constitutional Convention Called

After the motion to start a Constitutional Convention unanimously passed the Estates Common and was approved by both the Estates Noble and the Emperor, the two Houses of the Legislature joined together to discuss more major overhauls to the LKE Constitution. The debate has so far been very equalized and no firm conclusion has yet been reached, but detailed discussion has gone into prominent matters such as Colonial Representation, the Estates Noble and the separation between our three branches of government. Currently, there seems to be a growing understanding between the debating parties, and with luck we will see some concrete results of this long and thorough debate in the coming days.

Rising Stars and Familiar Faces

Last week, two prominent members of the Land of Kings and Emperors, both of whom have had a major impact on our regional history, reemerged into the public light.
Firstly, Charles Westwood-Anumia, a long standing member, former Emperor and irreplaceable contributor joined the Imperial Council, taking up the reins of the Culture Ministry following the resignation of Charles Napoleon VII. As the official Poet Laureate of the Land of Kings and Emperors and a prominent member of our cultural district, Lord Westwood is sure to bring many new ideas and innovations to his office, and we wish him the best of luck.

Secondly, Viktoria Gryfynn, former Kaiserin of The New Inquisition, former Queen of Lazarus and a prominent member of the early LKE has been made a Princess by His Supreme Majesty, the Emperor. To go along with this, the Emperor has also named the Lady Viktoria Archduchess of Vienna, specifying her informal title as Princess of Vienna. To quote His Supreme Majesty
I am pleased to announce the appointment of Viktoria Gryfynn as Princess of The Land of Kings and Emperors, and Archduchess of Vienna, as part of the Imperial Family. In this capacity, she shall be known informally as the Princess of Vienna and will enjoy administrator powers.

Viktoria Gryfynn is a very senior member of this region, having joined us in July 2006, undertaking the longest service as Prime Minister during the early LKE period, and reclaiming the role of Prime Minister multiple times in the modern LKE. Like the Prince Imperial, she has been a political figure in the region in the not too distant memory, but is more than capable of looking beyond such matters.

Civil Service Awards, Collect Them All!

Early this month, the Prime Minister, in cooperation with his Deputy, unveiled a series of ribbons and medals to be awarded to those who perform special services for their region and their government. Unlike titles of Nobility or Knighthoods, these awards have a preset goal that all members are encouraged to achieve in order to receive them. These goals include sending a specific amount of recruitment or naturalization telegrams, dispatching foreign updates and serving in the regional government. The artistic skills of the Deputy Prime Minister, Julian Ulrics, once again shone through as he created a very pleasing and unique design for these new ribbons.

Imperial Army Marches Victorious!

On the major update of Wednesday 14th May 2014, the United Imperial Armed Forces of the LKE, TNI and Albion achieved victory by participating in the counter-invasion of Liberal Haven.

The region of Liberal Haven had been occupied by a collection of Nazi and fascist forces. The Greater German Reich formed part of this collection. In May 2012, The Greater German Reich invaded The United Kingdom of Britain, a former LKE colony and ally. TUKB was a successor region to United Kingdom of Britain, a region conceived in the ideas of current LKE Crown Prince HEM, founded by the LKE's own founder, former Emperor Lucius, and even before it became an LKE colony in 2010, ruled over in 2008 and 2009 by Emperor Onder as sovereign of that region. As such, the LKE led the successful counter-invasion of TUKB in May 2012, at the head of an inter-regional coalition. However, we also declared war on GGR for daring to attack a region protected by the Kelkia Doctrine in this way.

Accordingly, the Imperial Army of the LKE and by extension the UIAF as a whole places the utmost priority on fighting the GGR and on attacking the forces of its hateful ideology in this game more generally. As such, the occupation of Liberal Haven and the presence of GGR in that occupation represented an issue of concern to the LKE. The UIAF, acting in furtherance of TNI's alliance with The South Pacific as well as the LKE and TNI's wars with the GGR, worked with the South Pacific Special Forces to plan a joint operation to free Liberal Haven. On the update in question, it was discovered that the FRA, an inter-regional alliance which the LKE is at war with, were also planning a counter-invasion. Under the exceptional circumstances of fighting fascism and pursuing the war on GGR, the UIAF agreed to combine forces to maximise the chance of success. The enemy was promptly defeat in a victory for the LKE's war and for the real life principles of justice that transcend gameplay divides.

At the minor update prior to the operation in Liberal Haven, several regions were captured as part of training efforts, displaying the UIAF's might. One region that fell victim to the UIAF update force was the United Defenders League, representing a military group that is also at war with the LKE. That the UDL were unable to even defend their own namesake is a reflection of their general inactivity and ineffectiveness.

It should also be noted that since the last LKE update in April, the UIAF, including the LKE Imperial Army, has occupied the region of Slavya, the sister-region of Slavia. This was a highly significant operation. Slavia was invaded by the UIAF in January 2014 over its membership of the FRA. After an extended occupation, the UIAF concluded this operation. However, SCOP, an organisation purporting to represent Slavia and at one point Slavya, invaded the region Anzia, presented by them as an assault against the UIAF simply because the UIAF had promised had itself promised not to attack Anzia. As well as repelling the invasion of Anzia in concert with The Black Riders, by invading Slavya, the UIAF quickly secured concessions from Slavia and Slavya. These included, amongst other things, a commitment never to rejoin the FRA, an acknowledgement that Slavia was in the region when it was invaded, and an apology for the invasion of Anzia. This is an example of how UIAF power can be used to leverage foreign policy outcomes.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat May 17, 2014 10:22 am

The UIAF, acting in furtherance of TNI's alliance with The South Pacific as well as the LKE and TNI's wars with the GGR, worked with the South Pacific Special Forces to plan a joint operation to free Liberal Haven. On the update in question, it was discovered that the FRA, an inter-regional alliance which the LKE is at war with, were also planning a counter-invasion

So UIAF was working to free LH and FRA was going to invade it? Oh you :clap:
Last edited by Drop Your Pants on Sat May 17, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Sat May 17, 2014 10:30 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
The UIAF, acting in furtherance of TNI's alliance with The South Pacific as well as the LKE and TNI's wars with the GGR, worked with the South Pacific Special Forces to plan a joint operation to free Liberal Haven. On the update in question, it was discovered that the FRA, an inter-regional alliance which the LKE is at war with, were also planning a counter-invasion

So UIAF was working to free LH and FRA was going to invade it? Oh you :clap:

This is a misreading: it says that the FRA 'were also planning a counter-invasion': they were also doing what the UIAF was doing.

A counter-invasion is simply a non-defender, more neutral term for a 'liberation'. We do not balk at the term 'invasion' and so do not see it as negative.

A counter-invasion in this case was an operation to free Liberal Haven from the Right Wing Uprising.

You will see that the article in question opens by referring to the UIAF participating in the 'successful counter-invasion of Liberal Haven'.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

The LKE Embassy
Lobbyist

Corporate Police State

Postby The LKE Embassy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:02 pm

3rd July 2014
WA Delegate: The Holy Delegatory Empire of Bobracha | LKE Nation Count: 295 | Regional Rank: 33rd | Munster Nation Count: 70 | Total Nation Count: 365 LKE Imperial Forums

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister: Robin Shepard
Deputy Prime Minister Akillian
Interior Minister: Christopher Bishop
Exterior Minister: Josh Sebastian
Minister of Culture: Bobracha

June Elections

We had a very active election this past election cycle with Robin Shepard of the Lion Party running against Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika of the Imperial Party. Issues that were discussed in the election include activity, population, forign relations, and the Colonies. The final results of the election are as follows:

SHEPARD, Robin [PM] / AKILLIAN [DPM] (Lion Party) [55.00%]
TALLEYRAND-VULIKA, Valfor [PM] / CHARLES IX [DPM] (Imperial Party) [45.00%]

Both candidates noted that this election was the most active that the LKE has had in a long time and hoped it would continue into the coming term.

In the Estates Common election Akilian(LP), Robin Shepard (LP), Bobracha (IND), Charles Napoleon VII (IND), Christophor Bishop (LP), MagentaFairy (LP), and Charles IX (IP) stood for a position. The results were as follows:

AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [17.33%]
BISHOP, Christopher (Lion Party) [14.67%]
BOBRACHA (Independent] [12.00%]
CHARLES IX (Imperial Party) [14.67%]
CHARLES NAPOLEON VII (Independent) [13.33%]
MAGENTAFAIRY (Lion Party) [13.33%]
SHEPARD, Robin (Lion Party) [14.67%]

A speech for the new Prime Minister Robin Shepard was posted and said the following:
Hello citizens of the LKE,

I am very honored to stand before you today as your newly elected Prime Minister. I am proud that more citizens voted in this election than in the many before it. I hope we can continue to have that record breaking activity in the coming few weeks and that we will lead the region forward together.

The region is once again at an integral part in its history and as such I need some great people to take it down the best path.

In the interior Ministry, I hope to develop the ministry to the best that I know that it can be. I hope to develop the mentor program so that every new citizen can have a mentor. I hope to build on the work of the last administration in recruitment so we can once again reach record population levels. For these reasons I would like to appoint Christopher Bishop as Interior Minister.

Mr. Bishop has been a valuable member of the community. He is the joint commander of the Imperial Armed Forces. He has also been in many other positions such as the Exterior and Interior. With this knowledge and experience, I know he will be a very valuable member of the Imperial Council.

In the Culture Ministry, I hope to revitalize the regions culture so that it can be as unique as I know it has the potential of being. I hope to rebuild the University so that it can have a key role in citizens understanding of real life and Nation States matters. I will also build on the last administrations achievements in the Civil Society, Julius Street, and Imperial Broadcasting House. For these reasons, I would like to appoint Bobracha as Culture Minister.

Bobracha is a newer member to the region and the World Assembly Delegate. He is a very active member and I know he will help me in making the regions culture the best it can be.

In the Exterior Ministry, I hope to build our foreign relations as best I can. I hope to build on the connections that the last term formed. I also hope to inform our allies as often as possible on regional matters. I hope to have both Mr. Bishop and Akillian work on these matters with my exterior minister so that the ministry can be the best that it can be.

I will not be announcing the Exterior Minister until I have confirmation from this citizen on accepting the position.

To reiterate, the following will be my Imperial Council in the coming term:

Interior Minister: Christopher Bishop
Culture Minister: Bobracha
Exterior Minister: Vacant pending acceptance

I will be posting a more detailed announcement of my vision once my cabinet has settled in.

Thank you Citizens of the LKE
Robin Shepard

LKE Ratifies New Monarchist Treaty, Conference Continues!

With the opening of the new session of the Estates General, the lower house, the Estates Common quickly tackled the new Monarchist Treaty which was put on hold in view of the recently concluded General Elections. The new treaty, which was refined by hard efforts of the Exterior Ministry under the previous term and in consultation with its counterparts in the other signatory regions, is a much clearer document with a more focused purpose and direction.

Meanwhile, The Monarchist Conference is tackling the other items on its agenda. With the new treaty being ratified by all of the parties save two other regions, the parties are now discussing the establishment of the Order of the Golden Fleece, the organization which seeks to foster and promote Monarchism as a culture and system. The delegations are currently discussing the set up of the organization forums, which is to be hosted in the LKE Boards, the structure of the organization and other matters related to the running of the Order.

LKE Gains A New Ally, The West Pacific

Following the successes in securing treaties with Balder and Osiris last month, the Imperial Government continued its aggressive expansion of the region's diplomatic network, and initiated negotiations with The West Pacific, a GCR which has long maintained warm and cordial relations with the LKE. After days of deliberations between the LKE and TWP Exterior Ministers, the Treaty of Imperium was finally signed by the Emperor and ratified by unanimous consent of the Estates Common.

The Treaty strengthens the existing partnership between the LKE and TWP, and sets forth closer cooperation in key cultural, diplomatic and security endeavors, among other areas.

Imperial Army Marches To Victory This June!

During the June 2 major update, the LKE's Imperial Army deployed units alongside the rest of the United Imperial Armed Forces (UIAF) in an operation jointly coordinated with the North Pacific Army (NPA), which initiated and led the mission. This operation successfully seized control of the region Nazi Europe.

Following the repeal of the Liberate Nazi Europe resolution in February 2014, the delegate of Nazi Europe was able to impose a password on the region in order to protect it from external aggression. Blue Wolf II, however, successfully recovered the password. Within a few hours, the coalition was assembled, the plan of attack was drawn out, and the mission was carried out by the combined formidable might of the United Imperial Armed Forces, the North Pacific Army, Imperial Sovereign Realms Army, the Europeian Republican Navy, Lone Wolves United, and the Royal Kantrian Army.

The temporary loss of Nazi Europe to the Right Wing Uprising on the minor update of 18th June 2014 caused the Imperial Military Council, constituting the supreme authority of the UIAF under the Third Treaty of Arms Convergence, to launch an inquiry.

Even though that situation was quickly recovered, this inquiry was instigated as a result of the seriousness of that incident and the importance of ensuring that nothing like it ever happens again.

The IMC has determined that two issues contributed to this result. First, the failure of the officer responsible for the point nation to be online at the time of the update, allowing RWU forces to begin piling into the region unhindered at least 10 minutes before the update. Second, the endorsement count being allowed to reach such a low number of endorsements: even bearing in mind the objective of enabling refounding, this was too low and ran contrary to long-standing imperialist military doctrine, namely to maintain the endorsement count at a point of safety. On this second point, we understand that it was considered unlikely that RWU would have 20 update units; this was clearly a mistaken assumption. In any case, professionalism and simple prudence should have dictated a higher level of regard for the security of a UIAF operation, particularly this mission given its inter-regional importance.

The operation against Nazi Europe following the reclamation of the region continues to proceed successfully, and the Imperial Army with the UIAF and its allies continue to support operations there.

Anumia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Anumia » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:21 pm

Congratulations to the new Prime Minister, and solid professionalism from the inquiry within UIAF to sort out the mistake made in NAZI EUROPE and ensure it will not happen again. Even those who may not approve of their purpose must accept that the UIAF runs a tight ship, and with the united goal of many (on both sides of the R/D divide) to see Nazi morale successfully broken and beaten back, most should be pleased with the ultimate result in that region.

Josh Sebastian
Secretary

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Josh Sebastian » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:44 am

Hear, hear!
Theoden Sebastian
Prime Minister of The Land of Kings and Emperors
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Balder
Deshret Councilor and Former Chief Elder of Osiris

The LKE Embassy
Lobbyist

Corporate Police State

Postby The LKE Embassy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:31 am

6th August 2014
WA Delegate: The Holy Delegatory Empire of Bobracha | Nation Count: 318 | Regional Rank: 29th
LKE Imperial Forums

The Imperial Council

Deputy Prime Minister Robin Shepard
Interior Minister: Akillian
Exterior Minister: Charles IX
Minister of Culture: Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika

Elections

This election, a rather surprising combination stood for election to the Premiership. Seeking to avoid the risks for both parties associated with a repeat of previous close-run contests for the premiership, the two, usually opposing, parties of the Land of Kings and Emperors, the Lion Party and the Imperial Party, united into one Coalition Government, in the belief that a bipartisan government would allow members of both parties to unite in serving the region based on a common imperialist programme. Thus, the former Prime Minister, Robin Shepard from the Lion Party, went to the polls as the DPM alongside his own predecessor, Josh Sebastian of the Imperial Party. Rather unsurprisingly, they won in landslide, handily beating Abstain, who, as many in the LKE have noted, has not been seen since his crushing defeat at the polls.

SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [PM] / SHEPARD, Robin (Lion Party) [DPM] [91.67%]
ABSTAIN [8.33%]

In the first round of elections for the Estates Common, results were a fair bit more even, with five candidates being elected, leading to a by-election to fill the sixth seat in the Estates Common. The By-election saw a three way competition between Imperial Party, Lion Party and Independent candidates.

Election Results:

SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [27.03%]
CHARLES IX (Imperial Party) [24.32%]
AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [18.92%]
SHEPARD, Robin (Lion Party) [16.22%]
ULRICS, Julian (Independent) [13.51%]

By-Election Results:

TALLEYRAND-VULIKA, Valfor (Imperial Party) [46.15%]
KAISERHOLT (Lion Party) [30.77%]
TULLY, Tytos (Independent) [23.08%]

Estates Common Back Online

After focusing on scrutiny of the executive and approving treaties during the previous term, the Estates Common has come out swinging with fresh domestic legislation following this election. The only Independent member of the EC, Julian Ulrics, has been chosen as Speaker for this term, and the Senators have moved on to several new bills, including an update to our Citizenship Laws, a restructuring of our Legislative Speakership as well as the repealing of several formerly passed bills.

Order of the Golden Fleece Rising

Following the June signings of the Monarchist Treaty by the various rulers of the Land of Kings and Emperors, The New Inquisition, Albion, Denmark, Ceseris, Osiris, The New Galactic Empire, Great Britain, United Netherlands, Kantrias, Balder and Mazeria, the Order of the Golden Fleece has been established in the LKE as a culturally uniting force for the monarchies of Nationstates. The members of the Order have elected from amongst themselves two Grand Knights, one to represent the GCRs and one for the UCRs. The UCR Grand Knight shall serve a four month term, whereas the GCR Grand Knight shall come and go with the natural delegacy changes in Balder and Osiris.

ZetaBoards or InvisionFree?

Today, following an announcement earlier this week, the Emperor initiated a poll asking the citizens of the LKE whether they would prefer to stay in their current IF-supported or if they would prefer to make the move to the increasingly popular ZetaBoards, where the majority of Nationstates forums are. At present, the vote lies stands at 83.33% in favor of the move, with 16.67% of voters being against the forum transfer.

Attached below is the Emperor’s statement regarding the referendum;

Citizens, I am pleased to announce that, following consultation with the Guardian Council, I will be holding a referendum in four days time on whether this board should convert to ZetaBoards.

This follows on from excellent work by Valfor in creating a masequerade forum to advance our preparations for this conversion. This should show you what the LKE forum would be like if we convert.

Any change will be permanent, so be aware that we will not be able to convert back.

You should feel free to start topics in the Capitolinus Mons arguing either for or against this change.

Please note that the outcome of the referendum may not be immediately implemented, but naturally we will seek to give it effect as soon as possible.

Imperial Army Advances

It has been a busy period for the United Imperial Armed Forces, especially the LKE Imperial Army. On 14th July 2014 Nazi Europe was re-founded in cooperation with The North Pacific. The occupation and re-found of Nazi Europe was and continues to be a huge strike against Nazi and fascist forces. This operation serves to forward the LKE’s war against the Greater German Reich (declared in May 2012 over their invasion of The United Kingdom of Britain), which through the Right Wing Uprising has defended Nazi Europe.

Further proof of the LKE’s dedication towards this cause came during the second Liberal Haven counter-invasion against Right Wing Uprising. The LKE with the United Imperial Armed Forces under the coordination of the Imperial Realms Sovereign Army of Balder and Osiris was able to drive back the fascist forces at the minor update. The United Imperial Armed Forces provided the most updaters for the counter invasion during the short organization time that it took to plan out the operation. This operation was in the backdrop to the larger United Imperial Armed Forces deployment in Ixnay, supporting our friends The Black Riders, where the United Imperial Armed Forces was the largest flagged force.

Currently, the United Imperial Armed Forces is occupying the self-proclaimed neutral region of Canada, which is the third largest founderless UCR currently in existence. In coordinaton with The West Pacific and The Black Hawks, a long term sleeper operation was taking place in the region. It was on 3rd August 2014 the region of Canada was invaded with nearly 27 updaters from a grand showing of imperialist, independent and raider might. The UIAF provided 11 updaters, with 6 of these updaters coming from the LKE. This was a mighty showing and, even more impressively, there are currently over 32 UIAF deployed troops in Canada as we speak, with a greater number of 70 combined units from all parties involved.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:42 am

A great update. :)
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Valfor
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valfor » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:24 pm

Indeed! Great work led by a Great Prime Minister!

Josh Sebastian
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Josh Sebastian » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:26 pm

Venico wrote:A great update. :)

Thank you! :)

Valfor wrote:Indeed! Great work led by a Great Prime Minister!

And a very hard working Imperial Council ;)
Theoden Sebastian

Josh Sebastian
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Josh Sebastian » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:08 am

Theoden Sebastian

LKE Ministry of the Interior
Civilian

Founded: Apr 06, 2012

Postby LKE Ministry of the Interior » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:43 am

Lords, ladies, gentlemen and creatures of the empire and the rest of NS world!

A reminder to all of you that the foundation anniversary festival of The Land of Kings and Emperors, LKE Oktoberfest 2014, opens tomorrow October 25 at the LKE community forums and concludes on October 31 with the Emperor's Speech! Drop by the Beer Hall and go have a drink and some grub, on the house. After you're done with your bombastic beer, head over to Scare Street and see our own goblins, ghouls and Germans battle it out in our, Pumpkin Carving and Scary Avatar and Flash Game contests.

There's a ton of scary and spooky surprises for everyone! What are you waiting for? Head over to The Land of Kings and Emperors and have a piece of the action. See you guys there! :)

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

Founded: Mar 31, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:15 pm

LKE Ministry of the Interior wrote:
(Image)

Lords, ladies, gentlemen and creatures of the empire and the rest of NS world!

A reminder to all of you that the foundation anniversary festival of The Land of Kings and Emperors, LKE Oktoberfest 2014, opens tomorrow October 25 at the LKE community forums and concludes on October 31 with the Emperor's Speech! Drop by the Beer Hall and go have a drink and some grub, on the house. After you're done with your bombastic beer, head over to Scare Street and see our own goblins, ghouls and Germans battle it out in our, Pumpkin Carving and Scary Avatar and Flash Game contests.

There's a ton of scary and spooky surprises for everyone! What are you waiting for? Head over to The Land of Kings and Emperors and have a piece of the action. See you guys there! :)

Oh no no no. I'm only banned from 3 forums, you won't add a fourth one that easily. :p
To Serve and Protect: UDL

Eluvatar - Taijitu member

Josh Sebastian
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Josh Sebastian » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:17 pm

27th October 2014
WA Delegate: The Holy Delegatory Empire of Bobracha | LKE Nation Count: 303| Regional Rank: 30th | LKE Imperial Forums

The Imperial Council

Deputy Prime Minister Charles IX
Interior Minister: Akillian
Exterior Minister: Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika
Minister of Culture: Katherine Somerset

General Elections And New Government

Earlier in September, Josh Sebastian was reelected as Prime Minister and head of the LKE Government for the Fourth time, his second consecutive term for his second stint as premier of the region, after taking a break last July but remaining as part of the Imperial Council as Exterior Minister under then Prime Minister Robin Shepard.

After explaining who his team is for the coming term, the Prime Minister gave the entire region what it needed most: motivation.

Prime Minister Sebastian named his cabinet for the term, and of those are, Kaiserholt as the Interior Minister, Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika as the Exterior Minister, Katherine Somerset as the Culture Minister, and last but not least, Christopher Bishop as Minister of War. The Prime Minister explained that this cabinet is composed of the best people of the region and with certainty, he could say that this group would do an excellent job. As always, Josh Sebastian looks forward to working with his cabinet, and to what this term will bear.

Here is an excerpt of the Prime Minister's speech.

Our region is great. But we are only great as our citizens would want us to be. You have in your hands the power to usher in a new period of progress for the empire. You need only to assert yourselves, let yourselves be engaged in the many facets of regional life. Let this month, October, be an opportune time for you, for everyone. As we prepare the celebrate the anniversary of our foundation, may we find renewed strength and inspiration to forge on and ahead.

Estates Common elections also concluded with the tallies as follows.

AKILIAN (Lion Party) [14.89%]
CHARLES IX (Imperial Party) [19.15%]
KASERHOLT (Lion Party) [12.77%]
SAXTON, Zack (Lion Party) [12.77%]
SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [21.28%]
TALLEYRAND-VULIKA, Valfor (Imperial Party) [19.15%]

Among the membership, Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika was elected Speaker, and Akillian was chosen as the Deputy Speaker.

There is also an on-going effort within the Estates Common to reform the Estates General, with Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika spearheading the effort with the Prime Minister's support, so that the Estates Noble can have greater equality in creating legislation, and another proposal is to unify both houses so everyone's voice can be heard in the same chamber. The LKE is definitely looking forward to what this reform will bring.

LKE concludes talks with Europeia

The LKE recently concluded a state visit with region of Europeia. President Kraketopia arrived to hold talks with His Supreme Majesty, Emperor Onder and the Imperial Government, and thereafter, the Emperor and Prime Minister Sebastian went to Europeia for the latter's leg of the State Visit. The event marks the progressive relations between the LKE and Europeia, and comes at a time where our military partnership with them continues to grow strong. The served as an opportunity for the two great regions to celebrate their cooperation in the political and military fields and explore other opportunities in future projects.

At the talks' conclusion, the Prime Minister unveiled that the LKE and Europeia agreed to hold more military missions between the Imperial Army and the Europeian Republic Navy, as well as the holding of a join festival in the future.

]LKE joins the Convention of Independence

With the kind invitation of our friends from Europeia, the LKE, represented by the Emperor Onder and Prime Minister Sebastian participated in talks with major Independent regions of NationStates. A number of issues on the philosophy and application of Independence were tackled by the delegates which were articulated in the recently released Indepent Manifesto.

The document, which is a product of days of scholarly discussions, embodies the principles of independence, and how it is manifested in the contemporary NS context. The LKE is delighted to have participated in such an enlightening venture, and looks forward to more projects with Europeia and other Independent regions.

LKE Ratifies new Treaty of Whitehall

After being tweaked, the Treaty of Whitehall was officially signed by the Emperor and recently ratified by the Estates Common. The Treaty of Whitehall now sets forth, officially, between the LKE and Ceseris. This is the first one-on-one treaty between the two to be signed and ratified. Previous treaties had other signatories along with Ceseris. Ceseris and the LKE are both eager to see where this partnership will lead them.

The Treaty strengthens the already friendly partnership between the LKE and Ceseris, and sets forth closer cooperation in key cultural, diplomatic and security endeavors, among other areas.

Imperial Army Action

In early September, the region of The Imperial Legion (TIL) was invaded by members of the region Knights of the Red Realm. It was on the belief that invading TIL was gaining vengeance against The Black Riders. It was a day later that a counter-invasion was conducted solely of troops from the United Imperial Armed Forces (UIAF). This was done due to the fact of TIL being a member of the Empire of The Land of Kings And Emperor. Under the Kelkia Doctrine established in May 2007 to protect United America from colonization, the LKE does not tolerate interference amongst its former colonies. TIL was restored to its former glory and was returned to control to Koth, the former founder of the region.

The Imperial Army, serving within the United Imperial Armed Forces, assisted The Black Hawks and Europeia in their invasion of the Coalition of Catholic States. The region has not been invaded in its four years of existence. Defender forces from Spear Dane and other regions tried to stop the invasion, but was no match for the number of updaters and timing to make much of a difference. The UIAF made up the largest flag deployed force amongst the fifty-five or so endorsements that were on the delegate. A true showing of the forces of the UIAF and allies.

Anniversary Festival

The LKE Oktoberfest 2014, the much awaited 9th foundation anniversary celebration of The Land of Kings and Emperors, officially kicked off last October 25, with Prime Minister Josh Sebastian leading the celebrations and delivering the opening remarks of the festival. Prime Minister Sebastian exonerated the glorious history of the region and paid tribute to the many men and women who worked tirelessly to put the region where it is today. He thanked the Emperor for serving as a 'pillar' of LKE society, and called on the LKE community to rally behind the region and help the government continue LKE's history and tradition of success.

The Foundation festival marries the Halloween and Oktoberfest spirit, and features a massive Beer Hall where all the introductions are made, with all expenses for whatever food or drinks you may order being covered by the government; games in Scare Street and speeches from the many leaders, friends and citizens of the LKE. The festival will run until October 31, concluding with the Emperor's Speech.

If you'd like to join and have a piece of all the scary and fun action, visit us at the LKE Imperial Forums
Theoden Sebastian

The LKE Embassy
Lobbyist

Corporate Police State

Postby The LKE Embassy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:53 am

Nine Years of The Land of Kings and Emperors

On 29th October 2005, The Land of Kings and Emperors (currently the oldest continuously imperialist region in existence) was founded by Emperor Lucius.

Accordingly, today marks our ninth anniversary.

Over our nine years of existence, the LKE has spread imperialism, monarchism and the socio-political culture of its early years far and wide.

To mark the occasion, two minutes before midnight, His Supreme Highness, HEM, by gift of His Supreme Majesty, Crown Prince of The Land of Kings and Emperors and Archduke of Niso, delivered an inspiring address to the region. Extracts from this address are repeated below:

Just under nine years ago, there was a great battle for the delegacy of this region. A power struggle that would symbolize much of the region's purpose for the next two years. Wolf and Citizen Erased -- old names that are legends in their own right -- fought each other every Nationstates update to see who could claim the UN Delegacy, and with it, the coveted title of Prime Minister.

The region's early years were fraught with politics and scandal. For many of our veterans, there are undoubtably things that we are not proud of. But these were mere growing pains for a region that would indeed grow to influence the entire world.

The LKE's seeds spread across the world. Europeia rose to become a dominant world player. Hampshire became a hub of activity and politics. The New Inquisition shook off her shackles and became one of the best imperialist forces known to player. Equipped with LKE institutions, these regions prospered to some degree or another while the mother lay dormant. Her legacy grew.

Today the Land of Kings and Emperors has influenced the world in a way that few regions have. But looking at our region today, I know that the far past isn't the only thing we have to be proud of.

The remarks of of His Supreme Highness were preceded on 25th October by the Foundation Address, which was given by Prime Minister Josh Sebastian.

Further addresses to the citizens of the LKE are expected shortly from His Imperial Highness The Prince Imperial, Cephal Talleyrand, and Her Imperial Highness The Princess of Vienna, Viktoria Gryfynn. Speeches will also be offered from The LKE's close partners in both The New Inquisition and Albion.

His Supreme Majesty, Onder, by unquestionable right, Emperor of The Land of Kings and Emperors, King of Munster and Sovereign of all other realms, dominions and territories under the Imperial Crown, will address the region on 31st October at the conclusion of the festival marking the LKE's life.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay