NATION

PASSWORD

Z-Day graphs and stuff

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Starrie
Attaché

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Z-Day graphs and stuff

Postby Starrie » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:20 pm

From the zombie invasion 4/1/2013

I downloaded the data and made some graphs; i haven't finished with the data actually (haven't looked at the imports/cure/extermination) because i got bored and stopped.

Here's the amount of nations that moved each hour with the nations being y axis and time being x axis

Here's the total population of those nations which moved during the zombie apocalypse

populations in millions on the y axis and time on the x axis
blue is survivors, red are zombies, grey is dead

Here's how well the nations that moved were doing

for example, during hour 0, all of the nations moving were perfectly fine, halfway through zday, nations moving had lots of dead and lots of survivors, less dead.

And here is a graph of survivors, dead, and zombies for active nations only, which meant they either cured, exported, or imported anytime out of the 30 hours. A bit over 30,000 out of the 120,000 nations participated.

survivors ended up outnumbering zombies, which i guess is better than how the inactive nations did :)

This is probably the hardest chart to understand and it's a gif too.

on the x axis is nation size (halfway across the x axis would be the median nation size)
on the y axis is the amount of the population that is surviving (blue), infected (red), dead (grey)
the number in the corner shows the hour.

you can see that the nations start out uneven because of rounding, where the smallest nations get a large percentage zombified and some other small nations get a smaller percentage. a hill develops and grows, however it goes away later.

i also did this chart with cure/exports/exterminate, but it really only showed that nation size didn't relate to decision as expected.

Also here's a screenshot from the event for your amusement :)
Last edited by Starrie on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Riemstagrad » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:32 am

nice graphs!

one can see that after some time, players got organized (or panicked?) and started to move around a lot, only for this zombie-subgame. And apparently it helped :)

Return to Gameplay