NATION

PASSWORD

The Rejected Times

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Belschaft wrote:What you did was expose a couple of days of paranoid dirty laundry that had been abandoned months ago Cormac, for no reason but to cause trouble. That's the issue; you simply did it to damage peoples reputations, in the full knowledge that it was nothing more than a couple of days of paranoia that everyone had moved on from.

Actually, I had no idea what was or wasn't still going on. Neither of you ever spoke of it to me again, but all that meant, to me, was that you weren't speaking of it to me. I didn't do it to cause trouble or simply to damage anyone's reputation, I did it because I didn't like what you were doing, or at least what I thought you were still doing. If you thought better of the plan and weren't still going ahead with it, maybe you should have informed the people you tried to bring in on it.

Neither of you can blame me for the damage to your reputations. You damaged your own reputations by plotting against The South Pacific, for however long it went on. That you both still refuse to accept responsibility for that and want to pin the blame on me says everything that needs to be said about how sorry and reformed you actually are.

Speaking of damaging people's reputations, Belschaft, whose were you damaging when you railed against Asta's dissolution of the Kemetic Republic of Osiris or referred to the Osiris Fraternal Order -- more democratic than its predecessor -- as "a raider dictatorship"? Is there a reason it's all right for you to blast people and do everything you can to ruin their reputations, but what I did was a bridge too far?

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:08 pm

You took screenshots of Todd's forum, yes? The fact that it was abandoned and no one had posted in it for God knows how long is proof of the abandonment of any plans, as you could clearly see when taking said screenshots.

Me and Todd both accepted responsibility for our actions and apologized for them, but I'm not going to ignore you pretending there was anything noble about your own actions or get away with claiming that you exposed anything but a dead plan that never went any further than two days of planning before being reevaluated and abandoned.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:20 pm

Belschaft wrote:You took screenshots of Todd's forum, yes? The fact that it was abandoned and no one had posted in it for God knows how long is proof of the abandonment of any plans, as you could clearly see when taking said screenshots.

Me and Todd both accepted responsibility for our actions and apologized for them, but I'm not going to ignore you pretending there was anything noble about your own actions or get away with claiming that you exposed anything but a dead plan that never went any further than two days of planning before being reevaluated and abandoned.

You had expressed in your conversation with me that you didn't think things should be coordinated via a forum. I assumed the forum fell inactive for that reason -- you aren't known for giving up, Belschaft, so it honestly didn't occur to me that you had just abandoned the whole project without another word about it.

You can believe that or not. If either you or Todd think I care about what you think of me, you haven't been paying attention. I no longer care what anyone in NationStates thinks of me, I'm only even bothering to discuss this because it sickens me to see you and Todd continually play victim and martyr when in reality you are both very often the ones persecuting others, usually defenders.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Belschaft has given up on a lot of stuff... to the best of my knowledge he is no longer trying to coup Balder or continue the TSP event. As well, I recall real life coming in his way on more than one occasion. Furthermore, Todd and Belschaft really don't persecute defenders. Especially Belschaft, if he persecutes he'd persecute everyone regardless of their beliefs. He is quite progressive that way.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:52 pm

Indeed. I hate each and every one of you equally.

Edit: "Trying to coup Balder" implies I failed. TechnIcally i succeeded, but ended up in hospital before I could purge anyone :P
Last edited by Belschaft on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby North East Somerset » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
North East Somerset wrote:That is, other than Balder where I am a member of the Executive. Balder, whom has had no diplomatic dispute with TSP. How ironic.

You were certainly gunning for confrontation between Balder and TSP as well, as I was told. It's only by some miracle that cooler heads prevented your anti-TSP agenda.

Is that your sole comeback against my entire post?

Once again - the reality is you have no substantive evidence to support you claims that I engineered crises between TSP and the independent sphere. And specifically I did not manufacture the independence conference, nor did I use it to damage TSP. Nor did I have any input in the TNI treaty repeal.

The testimony of Cormac does not count because he is so biased on the issue. You have nothing to back up your allegations against me. And yet you have fed TSP up on this rubbish to further your agenda there by making me look bad. You have systematically misled TSP.
Last edited by North East Somerset on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Royal Duke, Balder
Lord High Steward, The LKE
Honoured Citizen, Europeia

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:06 pm

North East Somerset wrote:Once again - the reality is you have no substantive evidence to support you claims that I engineered crises between TSP and the independent sphere.

*Wolf grabs NES and holds him unnervingly close*

Shhh, shhh. There, there, little thing. You need to accept that everything you ever do, or don't do really, is a giant conspiracy to the pro-Defenders.

NES, don't you remember the time you, like, tots tried to coup The Rejected Realms? It was a super serious tots legit coup attempt that was not at all fabricated in the minds of Defenders who are completely paranoid and see plots everywhere.

Just sayin', is all. :P
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Postby North East Somerset » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
North East Somerset wrote:Once again - the reality is you have no substantive evidence to support you claims that I engineered crises between TSP and the independent sphere.

*Wolf grabs NES and holds him unnervingly close*

Shhh, shhh. There, there, little thing. You need to accept that everything you ever do, or don't do really, is a giant conspiracy to the pro-Defenders.

NES, don't you remember the time you, like, tots tried to coup The Rejected Realms? It was a super serious tots legit coup attempt that was not at all fabricated in the minds of Defenders who are completely paranoid and see plots everywhere.

Just sayin', is all. :P

I did not have ownership of that nation, Liegeois.

8)
Last edited by North East Somerset on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Duke, Balder

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:15 pm

North East Somerset wrote:The testimony of Cormac does not count because he is so biased on the issue. You have nothing to back up your allegations against me. And yet you have fed TSP up on this rubbish to further your agenda there by making me look bad. You have systematically misled TSP.

I never communicated with Glen in regard to your plotting, so whoever his sources are, none of them are me.

I don't know if NES was actually running the nation responsible for the diversion -- not actual coup attempt -- in The Rejected Realms, but if you honestly believe the UIAF was not behind it and NES had no input or knowledge of it, you have crossed the border into sheer absurdity.

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Postby North East Somerset » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:17 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
North East Somerset wrote:The testimony of Cormac does not count because he is so biased on the issue. You have nothing to back up your allegations against me. And yet you have fed TSP up on this rubbish to further your agenda there by making me look bad. You have systematically misled TSP.

I never communicated with Glen in regard to your plotting, so whoever his sources are, none of them are me.

In which case there is no actual source at all. His allegations are just pure conjecture, and false. I presumed he had some testimony from someone who disliked me to base some of the rubbish on at the least, but even that looks unlikely now.
Last edited by North East Somerset on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Royal Duke, Balder

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:18 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:I don't know if NES was actually running the nation responsible for the diversion -- not actual coup attempt -- in The Rejected Realms, but if you honestly believe the UIAF was not behind it and NES had no input or knowledge of it, you have crossed the border into sheer absurdity.

Proof or it never happened. ^_^

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:36 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Proof or it never happened. ^_^

Generally speaking, that is a challenge I will always accept, to hilarious effect. Please note also my denial of any impending... shenanigans... in Osiris, three days prior to establishment of the OFO, for an amusing side note.

Session Start: Sat Dec 07 16:41:20 2013
Session Ident: NES
[16:41] <Cormac> My Activity page is amusing right now, well done. :P
[16:48] <NES> lol
[16:49] <NES> General chaos to ensue shortly :p
[16:53] <Cormac> I'm quite certain. :P
[16:53] <Cormac> I saw the UIAF dropping in Osi and then the admittances in TRR first, then I saw Griff.
[16:53] <Cormac> And checked her SPDR.
[16:53] <Cormac> And lol'd.
[16:53] <Cormac> :P
[16:56] <NES> lawl
[16:59] <NES> Rumours that a telegram has been sent out to Lazarus natives along the lines of:
[16:59] <NES> Dear %NATION% of Lazarus,
[16:59] <NES> I am The Refugee of Griffin Somerset, and I have just endorsed you. I kindly request you endorse me too for reasons I will explain below. Many of you may remember me as Lazarus' longest serving WA Delegate in it's recent history, as you can see at the end of this page: page=region_history/region=lazarus.
[16:59] <NES> A couple of months ago my nation was unlawfully purged from Lazarus during a coup undertaken without any kind of vote by the regions membership. My nation was ejected and I was banned from the forums, along with several others. I have recently revived my nation and returned however the current Regime remains hostile to those they have labelled "imperialists".
[16:59] <NES> Since the coup, the new Regime has passed the Delegate position around twice without proper democratic elections. Firstly to Harmoneia and now to Milograd. The Chairman of Milograd has installed a Communist regime here in Lazarus just like he did when he couped The South Pacific earlier this year. The South Pacific was liberated and Milograd was subsequently removed from there. See more...
[16:59] <NES> ...here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=237362
[16:59] <NES> The People's Republic of Lazarus is a Communist regime wherein the only beneficiaries are the Party Leadership. Milograd is an imposter whose nation is 'Capitalist Paradise' anyway see for yourself, he only seeks to use the Communist theme to subjugate the masses and subvert democracy.
[16:59] <NES> I will leave you with a quote from their Idol: "Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy." - Mao Zedong
[16:59] <NES> You can do your bit to help end this Communist regime, with love not war - endorse Griffin Somerset. Withdraw your endorsement from Milograd. Do those two things and you are doing your bit to help tear down the wall of communism. Also please ignore the propaganda you will get from the Regime soon telling you to undo your actions.
[16:59] <NES> Thank you in advance for your support,
[16:59] <NES> Griffin Somerset
[17:07] <Cormac> lol nice. :P
[17:07] <Cormac> Might this be making its way into the hands of a GP media service soon...? :P
[17:10] <NES> Possibly :p
[17:18] <NES> FRA are deploying to Lazarus
[17:18] <Cormac> lol shocking. :P
[17:20] <NES> Should be interesting
[17:20] <NES> Dont think its suddenly going to resolve overnight though
[17:20] <NES> They cant kick Griffin.
[17:20] <NES> Griffin wont gain many endos, and will gain them very slowly.
[17:20] <NES> A long boring war of attrition I predict.
[17:21] * Cormac nods
[17:21] <Cormac> Well at least it will make them have to banject her endos and work for their coup.
[17:21] <Cormac> Instead of this "bloodless coup" nonsense.
[17:22] <NES> Indeed
[17:23] <Cormac> Can't imagine them slingshotting DYP in, I don't think they'll trust him enough to do that.

[19:55] <NES> Hi
[19:55] <Cormac> Heyo.
[19:55] <NES> How goes?
[19:56] <Cormac> Not bad. Bit of a headache, can't complain otherwise. You?
[19:56] <NES> Okay
[19:57] * Cormac nodnods
[19:57] <Cormac> So what's up?
[19:58] <NES> Was just wondering if anything was up in Osiris
[19:58] <NES> You'll recall the last time there was a crisis in Osiris, Laz took it as an opportunity to coup
[19:58] <NES> Now there are problems in Laz.
[20:00] <Cormac> Mm. Well, I'm not planning to coup. :P
[20:00] <Cormac> As I would never coup Venico. I never know what Empire is up to.
[20:02] <NES> Venico seems alright.
[20:02] * Cormac nods
[20:02] <Cormac> Aye. He has my support, for sure.
[20:04] <NES> And mine obviously.
[20:04] <NES> The chaos abroad is a good opportunity for him to be elected.
[20:04] <NES> And make any changes he wants, without consequence.
[20:05] * Cormac nods
[20:05] <NES> Its quite probable the chaos will last another week
[20:06] <Cormac> Only another week? I thought it might go on longer in Laz.
[20:06] <NES> Not if they pile DYP in asap which they are doing
[20:06] <NES> TRR could last longer though
[20:07] <NES> The whole of defenderdom is piling Laz
[20:07] <NES> http://www.nationstates.net/nation=drop_your_pants
[20:07] <Cormac> I'm surprised, I didn't think Milo would trust DYP enough.
[20:08] <NES> Yeah, the word from the top of their camp is that they want DYP in power asap
[20:08] <Cormac> Interesting.
[20:08] <NES> I wasnt expecting that tbh
[20:08] <Cormac> Any chance DYP will overthrow the PRL?
[20:09] <Cormac> (I don't know DYP at all really).
[20:09] <NES> Unlikely considering they just joined FRA
[20:09] <NES> He is FRA
[20:09] <Cormac> I know he's FRA, obviously, and I've defended with him but I don't know him well enough to have an impression of what he might do here. I know he's not always the most solid defender.
[20:09] <Cormac> In that he's not ideological about it.
[20:23] <NES> No indeed
[20:23] <Cormac> I personally would have been hesitant, had I been Milo, given that DYP is in an NS family with Griff. Though I have no idea how serious that is. :P But it would be hilarious if he overthrew the PRL in favor of unbanning the purged and democratic elections.
Session Time: Sun Dec 08 00:00:00 2013
Session Close: Sun Dec 08 00:00:07 2013

Edit: Disabled emoticons.
Last edited by Cormac Stark on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Postby North East Somerset » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:39 pm

That isn't proof of anything Cormac. :lol2:
Royal Duke, Balder

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: The Rejected Times: ISSUE XXXII

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:41 pm

NES, I was not needed to make you look bad.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:43 pm

North East Somerset wrote:That isn't proof of anything Cormac. :lol2:

My applauding UIAF switching out of WA in Osiris and into TRR, you not denying it, and then later "[20:06] <NES> TRR could last longer though" doesn't prove anything?

Maybe not conclusively, NES, but we aren't in a court of law here for you to lawyer your way out of it. Public opinion doesn't have such a high burden of proof. UIAF was clearly responsible and you clearly knew about it.
Last edited by Cormac Stark on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Postby North East Somerset » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:44 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:NES, I was not needed to make you look bad.

Whats that supposed to mean?

The point is you've systematically lied to TSP, and you have no evidence whatsoever to support your false allegations.
Royal Duke, Balder

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Re: The Rejected Times: ISSUE XXXII

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:51 pm

What evidence I have won't be posted on the Gameplay forums or in any publicly accessible place. I value the relationships and connections I've built.

Either way, I'm no longer a Cabinet member, and the current Cabinet already decided to go against the security advice of their predecessors, and gamble with you having citizenship in our region. I do know better, and you should know that I'll stop any of your duplicitous schemes the moment I see them. And I will be looking.

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Postby North East Somerset » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
North East Somerset wrote:That isn't proof of anything Cormac. :lol2:

My applauding UIAF switching out of WA in Osiris and into TRR, you not denying it, and then later "[20:06] <NES> TRR could last longer though" doesn't prove anything?

Maybe not conclusively, NES, but we aren't in a court of law here for you to lawyer your way out of it. Public opinion doesn't have such a high burden of proof. UIAF was clearly responsible and you clearly knew about it.

No, lol. That conversation was entirely in the context of the speculation of a 3rd party, and it was clearly expressed in that way. I posited that TRR could last longer than Lazarus. That doesn't suggest my involvement anymore than my speculation that the defenders wanted DYP in power as soon as possible suggested I was involved in the defense efforts - merely that I was prepared to hazard a guess based on my analysis of the situation. And the speculation was wrong anyway which doesn't suggest I had much information from the inside of the invasion attempt. :)

What evidence I have won't be posted on the Gameplay forums or in any publicly accessible place. I value the relationships and connections I've built.

Either way, I'm no longer a Cabinet member, and the current Cabinet already decided to go against the security advice of their predecessors, and gamble with you having citizenship in our region. I do know better, and you should know that I'll stop any of your duplicitous schemes the moment I see them. And I will be looking.

lol, this is rumour-mongering at its worse. You have nothing, and TSP would be wise to ignore your biased conjecture.

Also:

*waves at everyone in #trr plotting how they can best make me look bad.
Last edited by North East Somerset on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Royal Duke, Balder

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:13 pm

I remember when #trr was a lively channel until I helped killed it with never have I ever :(
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Solorni wrote:I remember when #trr was a lively channel until I helped killed it with never have I ever :(

It sounds that I should have been there, I missed a great game :(
The Blaatschapen should resign

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:32 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Solorni wrote:I remember when #trr was a lively channel until I helped killed it with never have I ever :(

Yeah, the funniest part is that Sedge banned us for having inappropriate conversations while a minor (Mahaj) was in the room. Ironically, Mahaj got the longest ban of us all :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:34 pm

Solorni wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Yeah, the funniest part is that Sedge banned us for having inappropriate conversations while a minor (Mahaj) was in the room. Ironically, Mahaj got the longest ban of us all :P

Well, obviously :lol:
The Blaatschapen should resign

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:00 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:What evidence I have won't be posted on the Gameplay forums or in any publicly accessible place.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:13 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:What evidence I have won't be posted on the Gameplay forums or in any publicly accessible place.

You're using that reference wrong.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:21 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:You're using that reference wrong.

Am I, Glen?

Joseph McCarthy claimed to have evidence of wrongdoing which he used against his political enemies. He was never able to substantiate any of his claims and, when pressed, was never able to produce the "evidence", in part claiming it was classified and thus no one could see it.

You, Glen, similarly claim to have evidence of wrongdoing committed by one of your political foes and are attempting to drag his name through the mud with said claim. However, when pressed to produce the evidence to substantiate your claims, you've instead chosen to not disclose the supposed evidence, claiming you'd be risking "relationships and connections".

I say I got the comparison pretty dead on.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay