NATION

PASSWORD

Income tax rates. Whats yours?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Nova Caladonia
Civilian

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Income tax rates. Whats yours?

Postby Nova Caladonia » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:55 am

So, Im pretty proud of my 5% income tax rate, and im wondering how far up, or down it goes. any better or faar worse numbers? :geek:

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 am

Mine is 65% (my government ha always been fond at throwing money at problems).

As far a how high and low it can go, I am aware of nations who have no income tax and ones with 100% income tax.

San Leggera
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San Leggera » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:30 am

According to my nation page; 71%. I RP it as 22%, though.
#JusticeForGat
Flag | CoA | Map (bigger!)
I Just Want to Sell Out My Funeral

Syadei
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Syadei » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:31 am

49% I think they should make some of the Game more detailed.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:33 am

I don't follow the NS statistics, which are inflated and hyperbolic. My page says 94%, but ICly it's 35% for most citizens, with a progressive system based on income. Income from inheritance and interest is also taxed higher, to encourage people to work for a living.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:34 am

My RP income tax is 0% (government funds come from the Raid Tax, which only affects valuables brought in by raiding rather than all income. The government also does interplanetary raiding of its own.)

My in-game income tax rate is usually nothing as well, but lately there's been a 1% rate that obstinately refuses to go away.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Gallogach
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallogach » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:34 am

0% Because income tax is forcing people to do work for you, and that is just slavery.

Sjinnn
Lobbyist

Founded: May 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sjinnn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:35 am

92% My citizens must be taxed to the fullest extent.
Lawful Evil

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:36 am

Gallogach wrote:0% Because income tax is forcing people to do work for you, and that is just slavery.

More accurately, it's paying for a service. The government provides things for you. You pay taxes for them. Don't like it? Move to Somalia.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally

Rhodesi
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:36 am

A 25% flat rate of tax for all.
NSG Senate: Classical Monarchist Party
"Wherever an altar is found, there civilization exists" - Joseph De Maistre

"It is one of man's curious idiosyncrasies to create difficulties for the pleasure of resolving them" - Joseph De Maistre

"The United Nations is useless...and also harmful. It is a land that flowers demagoguery with a bunch of newborn countries, devoid of any tradition." - Antonio de Oliveira Salazar

"If a nation does not want a monarchy, change the nation’s mind. If a nation does not need a monarchy, change the nation’s needs" - Jan Christiaan Smuts

"So, it's possible to be a democracy without gay-pride parades, hmm?" - Lyttenburgh - July 2013

Political Compass: Economic Right: 7.12, Social Authoritarian: 5.54

Gallogach
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallogach » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:38 am

Nua Corda wrote:
Gallogach wrote:0% Because income tax is forcing people to do work for you, and that is just slavery.

More accurately, it's paying for a service. The government provides things for you. You pay taxes for them. Don't like it? Move to Somalia.

Quiet frankly I think we could do without the government's 'services'. So do me a favor and don't tax my labor. I prefer to not be enslaved to the mindless behemoth known as the government.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:40 am

Gallogach wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:

Quiet frankly I think we could do without the government's 'services'. So do me a favor and don't tax my labor. I prefer to not be enslaved to the mindless behemoth known as the government.

'K, then, move to Somalia. No taxes, no government, lots of guns... It's a Lolbertarian paradise.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:41 am

Nua Corda wrote:
Gallogach wrote:

'K, then, move to Somalia. No taxes, no government, lots of guns... It's a Lolbertarian paradise.

This is Gameplay, guys, not General. Take it there if you want to debate real world taxes.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:44 am

Luna Amore wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:

This is Gameplay, guys, not General. Take it there if you want to debate real world taxes.

Apologies. I occasionally find it hard to let ignorance like that slip by uncorrected.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Gallogach
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallogach » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:47 am

Nua Corda wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:This is Gameplay, guys, not General. Take it there if you want to debate real world taxes.

Apologies. I occasionally find it hard to let ignorance like that slip by uncorrected.

Please don't mistake those who have contradicting ideas to your as ignorance. Because guess what? Just because you don't like an idea doesn't make the person lacking in knowledge/uneducated/unsophisticated. Perhaps you should learn to be more tolerant of others.

Anywho, 0% for the win because I've got an economy that could eat yours up!

Eridu IV
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Eridu IV » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Also 0%. The minimal government services (mostly courts and diplomatic ventures) are ICly paid for out of Corona Corporation profits. Libertarianism seems to be working here!

Slembana
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:57 pm

55% for me. ICly - probably the same, but probably a better rate. Such as 18%.

Starrie
Attaché

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Starrie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Our mathematics department is working overtime trying to figure out how to write numbers larger than 68 so we can raise the tax rate here. (tax rate 68%)

Ratmo
Envoy

Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ratmo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:28 am

Mines 69%, i want to lower it. :(
    Ratmo Vocabulary
    s-z
    z-s
    g-ch (sh)
I'm Irish,Hurling Fan,loves NS and Pizza,any Qustions feel free to TG me
1.Peace*
2.Tensions Rising
3.At War
4.At Nuclear War
5.Lockdown Borders

98% of all Internet users would cry if Anonymous hacked Facebook. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your signature.

Blakullar
Senator

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:31 am

77% here. :p
- - - MECHANOCRATIC RUSSIA - - -
From the dilettante who brought you Worlds Asunder!

Part of the Frencoverse.
Did you know I'm also a website?

NS stats not included.
Yes, I am real. Send help.

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

Founded: Feb 21, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:33 am

100 freakin percent!

I wish I could lower it, but I think it's near impossible now. ;p

If I were to roleplay, it'd be SIGNIFICANTLY lower across the board for all tax brackets.
Lancaster.
Duke of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Lancaster of Wessex

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

Meridiani Planum
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2006
Capitalizt

Postby Meridiani Planum » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:35 am

Income tax? We've never heard of that!
I shall choose friends among men, but neither slaves nor masters.
- Ayn Rand

Eat_aly
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

55%

Postby Eat_aly » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 am

55% but trying to lower the rate under 50%, not so easy... Any suggestion?

Eaglleia
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:38 am

Uuuh. Nope, not 99%, that's opposition propaganda. Yeah.

Sardakhar
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sardakhar » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:41 am

I am proud to report to all nations of the world that our income tax rate is only a mere 49%. We are much more merciful to our people than many of our fellow nations.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay