NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of The North Pacific

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:21 pm

He's working his way to be the next TEP Commendee
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Errum
Lobbyist

Founded: May 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Errum » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:27 pm

An excellent move by Delegate r3n. The hostility displayed towards TNP was outrageous to say the least.
--Lt. Tano Holland of the Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army--
Also known as Tadeo

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:54 pm

Nice. I eagerly await the TRR Times spin on this. :P
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:28 am

Hear hear =)
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:18 pm

I can feel an impeachment coming on :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:42 am

Just a brief update on the current goings on in the North Pacific. I expect a full edition of the Northern Lights will be out shortly after the election.

General Elections for Delegate, Speaker & Vice Delegate are now underway. Click the names listed below to read their campaign threads.

Delegate r3naissanc3r has announced his intention to seek a second & final consecutive term in the office. Perennial Candidate Mall is challenging for the office of Delegate

The Vice Delegate election has seen many candidates come forward to nominate for the position including, Flemingovia, Romanoffia, Falapatorius, Democratic Donkeys & the incumbent Vice Delegate Abacathea.

The Speaker election has only seen one candidate (Malvad) at this time.

Finally, Minister of Foreign Affairs McMasterdonia was recently facing a court indictment in the Court of the North Pacific on various charges & Bill of rights violations. The complaint lead to an outbreak of drama in the Attorney General's office, view the threads here, here, and here. Alternatively you may read the tabloid article on the subject here. The Charges were subsequently dropped by the Office of Attorney General.
Last edited by McMasterdonia on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

the Imperial Crown
Envoy

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby the Imperial Crown » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:09 am

McMasterdonia wrote:Finally, Minister of Foreign Affairs McMasterdonia was recently facing a court indictment in the Court of the North Pacific on various charges & Bill of rights violations. The complaint lead to an outbreak of drama in the Attorney General's office, view the threads here, here, and here. Alternatively you may read the tabloid article on the subject here. The Charges were subsequently dropped by the Office of Attorney General.

They dropped the charges? But you've been oppressing Flemingovia for years by preventing his expansionist religion from taking over the world. How dare the AG refuse to obey the complaints of a God!
- Lord Ravenclaw -
10th Pharaoh and World Assembly Delegate
First Pharaoh of House Ravenclaw
= The Desert Star of Osiris =
5th April 2012 - 29th May 2014

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:29 am

The North Pacific Press Releases is a program by the Ministry of Home Affairs that aims to promote all important events taking place in The North Pacific, with the dual objective of keeping our nations better informed about regional happenings, and getting more nations involved in the forum and government.

The Ministry for Foreign Affairs, will be distributing these short press-releases to our Embassies abroad.

Judicial Elections

The Election Commissioners have announced this morning (November 12th) the final results of the November 2014 Judicial Election.

In the Court, Democatic Donkeys stays on the bench, where he is joined by region veteran Grosseschnauzer and newcomer Kialga-Lourti. Gracius Maximus, having served in the past as Deputy Attorney General, now takes the reins in the Attorney General's Office.

The announcement of the results concluded what has been one of the most exciting elections in The North Pacific. The election saw strong competition between both new and old members, extensive campaigning, and intense debate. A total of 55 ballots were cast, of which 53 were valid. This is an all-time record for The North Pacific, and another sign that regional community and democracy continue to grow strong.

North Pacific Army sets new record

On November 15th, the North Pacific Army (NPA) received a request from The East Pacific (TEP), to assist with the delegacy transition to newly-elected Xoriet. The NPA promptly responded and, following Xoriet's successful ascension to the delegacy, remained garrisoned in TEP until November 25th.

During this operation, the NPA set a new historical record for largest number of troops deployed, with 22 NPA soldiers moving to TEP in the span of three updates.

The NPA is one of the largest and most active militaries in the world. It has a tradition of more than a decade of protecting The North Pacific, its allies, and its interests abroad.

Crushing Our Enemies elected Vice Delegate

The Election Commissioners have announced today (November 30th) the Linkresults of the Special Election for Vice Delegate.
Crushing Our Enemies (General COE) was elected, after receiving a little more than half of all votes cast, and almost two thirds of non-abstentions. COE, as he is known, has in the past served as Speaker of the Regional Assembly, Chief Justice, and Minister of Communications. In his new role as Vice Delegate, COE will be chairing the Security Council, The North Pacific's guardian body, and will also be first in line to succeed Delegate r3naissanc3r (HMS Unicorn), should the latter resign or be removed. COE will remain in this office until the next general election, in January 2015.

Following the conclusion of the election, Delegate r3naissanc3r additionally appointed COE as Minister of Regional Security, a position intended to provide Vice Delegates with access to the Cabinet and to facilitate coordination between the Cabinet and the Security Council.
Click to join: Regional Forum | Regional Assembly | Executive Staff | North Pacific Army | World Assembly Ministry | Democratic Union
The North Pacific Press Releases are produced by the Ministry of Home Affairs and Distributed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Thank you for reading!
Last edited by McMasterdonia on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:43 am

Congratulations to COE on his election as Vice Delegate, and to the NPA on its deployment record. It's good to see The North Pacific doing so well!

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:55 am

Indeed. Things are going very well in the North Pacific at present.

We've also recently reached the 300,000th post milestone on our regional forums. 8)

Somerset
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Somerset » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:53 am

Excellent work, and congrats to CoE.

~NES
Last edited by Somerset on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:04 am

I would like to thank the North Pacific Army for their invaluable help with the delegacy transfer, as well as congratulations on the new record.
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:02 pm

Congratulations to COE! Good luck with the Vice Delegacy. :)

And, echoing what Tano said, a very special and heartfelt thanks to NPA for their assistance in our Delegate transfer this month. Your support was greatly appreciated.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:18 am

It is lovely to see a Black Hawk in TNP's leadership. I'm sure he will do great things. :D <3
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:32 am

Jakker wrote:It is lovely to see a Black Hawk in TNP's leadership. I'm sure he will do great things. :D <3

One less piler to worry about I suppose....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Tomorrow Undone
Civilian

Founded: Nov 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tomorrow Undone » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:53 am

Chester Pearson wrote:
Jakker wrote:It is lovely to see a Black Hawk in TNP's leadership. I'm sure he will do great things. :D <3

Did you really just... :palm:

God Chester, you got to at least try to seem like you don't talk out of your ass on GP matters.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Tomorrow Undone wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Did you really just... :palm:

Get the exact reaction I was looking for? Yep, I did. Your move.....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:22 am

The North Pacific Deploys with Allies

The North Pacific Army (NPA) has had a busy week working with allies of The North Pacific.

For the period December 1-4, the NPA was deployed in Equilism, to assist with the delegacy transition to newly-elected Patrimonium Petri. A total of 21 NPA soldiers took part in the successful operation.

Between December 6-9, the NPA conducted a training operation in Fandom alliance, jointly with the South Pacific Special Forces (SPSF) and the Europeian Republican Navy (ERN). More than 30 troops from the three allied militaries deployed, with the NPA providing 18 soldiers.

Following the successful conclusion of the two operations, NPA General Gladio presented all soldiers involved with participation ribbons, and announced several promotions. You can read the full announcement here.

The NPA Training with Feeder allies

The NPA is one of the largest and most active militaries in the world. It has a tradition of more than a decade of protecting The North Pacific, its allies, and its interests abroad. You can become part of this tradition here.

The North Pacific Army (NPA) has conducted a successful training mission jointly with the allied militaries of the East Pacific Sovereign Army (EPSA) and the South Pacific Special Forces (SPSF). Between December 12-15, the three feeder militaries deployed in Guardians of Destiny. More than 25 troops from the three allied militaries participated, with the NPA providing 18 soldiers.

This is another in a series of successful joint operations the NPA has been conducting with its feeder allies. Following the successful conclusion of the operation, Minister of Defense and NPA General Gladio presented all soldiers involved with participation ribbons, and announced several promotions. You can read the full announcement here.

The NPA is one of the largest and most active militaries in the world. It has a tradition of more than a decade of protecting The North Pacific, its allies, and its interests abroad. You can become part of this tradition

Click to join: Regional Forum | Regional Assembly | Executive Staff | North Pacific Army | World Assembly Ministry | Democratic Union
The North Pacific Press Releases are produced by the Ministry of Home Affairs and distributed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Thank you for reading!

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:47 am

Great to see TNP's army doing so well :)

Gladio is killing it.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Gladio is an amazing soldier and I'm not surprised he's doing amazing things in TNP.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:56 am

New Cabinet Announced

Greetings all!

It gives me great pleasure to announce my executive council team for the coming term:

Minister of Culture & Entertainment: Scandigrad
The Ministry of Culture and Entertainment received the most applications by far, which is a testament to the hugely successful previous term(s) of this Ministry since it was reinstituted in 2012. The Ministry of Culture is a very important Ministry, and many see it as an opportunity to make a name for yourself, and to make a real difference in the region.

Scandigrad has been a leading member of the Culture Staff and a chief role player in the region since his recent return to the game. This appointment made complete sense, but it was not without close competition. Scandigrad will oversee an overhaul of role play in the North Pacific, and will be responsible for continuing the award ceremonies, as well as coordinating various joint-cultural events we have planned for the term. I have no doubt that Scandigrad will do an excellent job in this position. I have passed my recommendation on to Scandigrad for who he should choose as a deputy, but that decision is ultimately up to him.

Minister of Education: Malvad

I have decided to bring back the old Ministry of Education. The Ministry of Education will be responsible for the management and operation of the North Pacific University. The University was previously part of the Ministry of Culture and Entertainment. Given the growing needs of the role play community, the awards, and the various other responsibilities of the Culture Ministry, I have decided to split the University into it’s own Ministry - which will also accommodate other educational needs of the North Pacific Community.

The University was a major part of my campaign, and I will be delighted to see TNPU achieve huge heights of success under this Ministry. The Ministry of Education will be responsible for the planning of the 2015 Lecture Series I mentioned in my campaign, and for the coordination of the Education Executive Staff to prepare classes and other materials to keep TNPers interested and participating in the North Pacific University. Furthermore, the Ministry will be responsible for the updating of TNP FAQ’s, including the in-game dispatches, which will be reorganised to make it easier for TNPers to learn and find the information they are looking for.

Malvad, previously the Minister of Culture and entertainment, will be taking on this role. I am glad to have Malvad taking on this key part of my agenda for the coming term.

Minister of Communications: Crushing Our Enemies General COE

I am delighted to announce that Crushing Our Enemies will serve as the Minister of Communications in the coming term. COE was one of the founders of the Northern Lights, and he brought renewed vigor and efficient management to the Communications during his time in the position. I am grateful to have COE serve as the Communications Minister. COE will be working towards creating a reliable team of writers to support his efforts in makingTNL the greatest NS news source.

Minister of Defence: Eluvatar (aka Zemnaya Svoboda)

This may come as a surprise to some members of the region. Shortly after the election, Minister Gladio met with me and informed me of his intentions to stand down. Gladio has served the North Pacific excellently as our Minister of Defence, and I am truly grateful for all of his efforts in the position. Gladio has informed me that he intends to continue to stay on in the NPA, and that he will be around to support the new Minister in his efforts.

Eluvatar is a highly experienced and respected military operator. Eluvatar, in coordination with myself, and the NPA high command, will be responsible for the management of the North Pacific Army. Eluvatar will oversee the defensive and offensive training for the North Pacific Army that I outlined in my campaign.

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Egalotir

Egalotir has served as my deputy for the past 8 months of office. Egalotir will be leading the Ministry of Foreign Affairs during the next term. Egalotir will be supported in his efforts by myself as WA Delegate, and by the experienced staff of the Diplomatic Corps. Egalotir’s focus for the term will be on strengthening our existing alliances, constant collaboration with foreign diplomats, the efficient management of the Diplomatic Corps, and the development of TNP relations with smaller regions. Egalotir will also coordinate on matters of foreign policy with the WA Minister, and the Minister of Defence.

Minister of Home Affairs: The Democratic Republic of Tomb

This appointment made perfect sense. Tomb has done a fantastic job as Home Affairs Minister and I fully wanted him to continue in this position. Tomb will continue to work extremely hard to integrate the onsite community onto our offsite forum. Tomb will help to coordinate recruiting efforts between Ministry’s, and will serve as the chief point of call for Minister’s who are looking to recruit for their assigned areas. More attention will be paid to the mentor program this term, this may well be coordinated between Home Affairs and Education.

Minister of World Assembly Affairs - r3naissanc3r (aka HMS Unicorn)

I am very grateful to former Delegate r3naissanc3r who has agreed to take on the position of Minister for World Assembly Affairs. The Ministry achieved unprecedented levels of influence and success under the stewardship of r3n, and it was clear that r3n would be the best individual to serve in this position. Minister r3n will assist me in reopening dialogue on the progress of the World Assembly Legislative League and in continuing the strong influence of the North Pacific in the World Assembly.

I encourage all new Minister’s to take their oaths as soon as possible. I would like to thank everyone who applied to serve in the cabinet. We definitely had some tough choices this time around. I have passed on my recommendations to the various appointed Minister's about who should serve as their Deputy for the coming term.

Please join me in congratulating my new team, and in wishing them, the very best of luck.

Delegate of the North Pacific

The North Pacific Army assists in Anti Nazi Alliance

The North Pacific Army (NPA) has recently participated in a successful operation led by The MT Army and joined by, among others, NPA's allies in the South Pacific Special Forces (SPSF), to secure the region Anti Nazi Alliance. The military coalition password-protected the historic region, which in the past had been targetted by fascist and Nazi regions.

The NPA contributed 18 soldiers, who remained garrisoned in the region for a period of two weeks. Additionally, the NPA provided information and planning critical for successfully passwording the region. The operation is another in a long series of successful missions the NPA has led or participated in, in pursuit of its long-standing objective against fascist and Nazi forces in NationStates.

Following the successful conclusion of the operation, outgoing Minister of Defense and NPA General Gladio awarded participation ribbons to all soldiers involved. You can read the full announcement here.

Corvus Corax
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Corax » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:43 am

Excellent job with ANA. I have bad tendency forget my founders' passwords. In this case I probably sent it to Vip33 when being too drunken. I've tried remember what it was and made attempts for resurrection dozens of times, but I can't just recall.

Max 41 WA-Soldiers defended ANA when native Cora failed. :P

If I remember what Password was I'll sent it to Vip33. Drunken and berserking Cimmerians show some gratitude here. Reason to Found the region was originally take it out of "circulation". :)
Messenger of The Witch-Queen of Cimmeria

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Last edited by Marselesk on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:38 pm

There are a few regions which The North Pacific has singled out for retaliatory recruitment messages. These are regions which have sent mass recruitment spam to long time members of TNP (rather than to new nations as they are founded). This policy has been in place since December.

United RussoAsia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United RussoAsia » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Understandable- we as well have a thread on our forums for monitoring these kinds of recruitment and are working on counter-recruitment.
Delegate of TWP
Editor-in-Chief of Dass Nachrichten, TWP's official news outlet
Please be nice to the mods. They're here to make your experience better.
DLN unjustly demodded- 9/9/15
Tight pants, tight groupings, like I always say. -Nirvash

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay