NATION

PASSWORD

Neutral Ground - an Open Discussion Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Papercuts and Skittles
Attaché

Founded: Feb 03, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Papercuts and Skittles » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Ayvari wrote:I didn't get puns! Just cryptic comments about ocelots and wolves. :o Tim, why did I not get puns?

Invaders don't get puns, not even my InvaderTwin :P

I read this as Invader Tim and had some weird Invader Zim and Tim crossover images pop through my mind

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:28 pm

Papercuts and Skittles wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:Invaders don't get puns, not even my InvaderTwin :P

I read this as Invader Tim and had some weird Invader Zim and Tim crossover images pop through my mind

Huh, I can see how that could be perceived that way now haha. I just need to find myself a GIR
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:10 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Papercuts and Skittles wrote:I read this as Invader Tim and had some weird Invader Zim and Tim crossover images pop through my mind

Huh, I can see how that could be perceived that way now haha. I just need to find myself a GIR

TAAAAAAACCCOOOOOSSS
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Brihimia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Brihimia » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:51 am

Ridersyl wrote:Yo, to everyone that cares, and everyone who doesn't, I have to go to the hospital for observation because some weird results came back on a non-nuclear stress test. I'm gone tonight and I don't know when I'll be back. Pray for me, keep me in your thoughts... It all helps. <3

Good luck Syl! Praying for you. :)
brihimia

Kshrlmnt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kshrlmnt » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:45 am

Could somebody please explain what the whole deal is with Gameplay and tacos?
Elindra Kshrlmnt Dion Diablessa
Lady of Loquacity and Archempress of Unknown

Mistress of the lolcats, Secretary of NS Disney, Author of Ask Ellie, Victim of the illustrious Flag Thief, Member of PETI
She whose name can too be pronounced

Koth - Last Monday at 9:38 AM
I get sad when I offend elindra because I don't intend to yet I will do absolutely nothing to prevent it

Zaolat
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:20 pm

Kshrlmnt wrote:Could somebody please explain what the whole deal is with Gameplay and tacos?

Er, tacos are the best thing ever in existence, aside from taste buds and life and that kind of important stuff needed to enjoy tacos.
Last edited by Zaolat on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Victim of the Flag Thief

Evil Lord Sauron
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Evil Lord Sauron » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:24 pm

Kshrlmnt wrote:Could somebody please explain what the whole deal is with Gameplay and tacos?

Bri started it. Selling Taco's to defenders tricking them into joining the Darkspawn.
Come and join Mordor

Enjoy the Black Gates of Mordor and the fiery pits of Mount Doom

Zaolat
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Evil Lord Sauron wrote:

Bri started it. Selling Taco's to defenders tricking them into joining the Darkspawn.

One could argue 10KI too
Victim of the Flag Thief

Greyghost
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greyghost » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Zaolat wrote:

Er, tacos are the best thing ever in existence, aside from taste buds and life and that kind of important stuff needed to enjoy tacos.

Tacos are love. Tacos are a way of life. Nothing compares to their deliciousness.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:34 pm

Greyghost wrote:
Zaolat wrote:

Tacos are love. Tacos are a way of life. Nothing compares to their deliciousness.

Ikr?

*hi five*
Victim of the Flag Thief

Greyghost
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greyghost » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:36 pm

Zaolat wrote:
Greyghost wrote:

Ikr?

*hi five*

*High fives* 8)

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:22 pm

Good news. The hospital didn't see anything during observation that warranted a further stay, so I got to come home. The worst that came from it was a terrible night's sleep. Thanks to all the support here, y'all are awesome :hug:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Ridersyl wrote:Good news. The hospital didn't see anything during observation that warranted a further stay, so I got to come home. The worst that came from it was a terrible night's sleep. Thanks to all the support here, y'all are awesome :hug:

I'm glad to see that you're well! :clap: :)
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Zaolat
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Ridersyl wrote:Good news. The hospital didn't see anything during observation that warranted a further stay, so I got to come home. The worst that came from it was a terrible night's sleep. Thanks to all the support here, y'all are awesome :hug:

Now we can have a Taco BBQ. We'll have tacos, burritos, fajitas, churros, and a piñata shaped like darkspawn just for you. Also a best beard competition (I would win of course, but you can have 2nd place)
Last edited by Zaolat on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victim of the Flag Thief

Jeffersonborg
Attaché

Founded: Dec 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeffersonborg » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:23 am

The founder of Capitalist Paradise couped the region

Lovely.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:40 am

Jeffersonborg wrote:The founder of Capitalist Paradise couped the region

Lovely.

Founders can coup? :blink:
The Blaatschapen should resign

Lockdownn
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lockdownn » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:25 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Jeffersonborg wrote:The founder of Capitalist Paradise couped the region

Lovely.

Founders can coup? :blink:

Democratic regions, yes.

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:05 pm

It's not a coup, sillies :P Just our founder putting his foot down as is his right ;)
See You Space Cowboy...

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:54 am

I know there's some interest in the GP community to the question "What would it be like if Codger was delegate/officer of a GCR?"

So ICYMI, there's a currently a vote at whether to make me an officer in TRR, which is the only GCR I've stuck to the past 6 years.

In typical Codger fashion my proposal as Officer is to turn a state-sanctioned terror scheme to the region, making TRR the only GCR will openly, honestly and legally declare that it oppresses its residents for fun. No silly justifications of a greater good. The specifics means there's a 2% each day that I'll receive one or more of the officer powers to inflict whatever damage to TRR as I like, so most of the time life goes on as normal, but it's the principle (that the terror is not a coup, not a rogue nation but democratically government backed and supported) that counts.

Now let's wait to see if I actually get elected :P
Last edited by Warzone Codger on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:06 am

I'd vote for you :P
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

NOrTh pAcIfiC spY
Spokesperson

Founded: May 29, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby NOrTh pAcIfiC spY » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:28 pm

3 - 2 atm. with my vote counted. Good luck.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:04 pm

Posting here to draw people's attention to this: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 15&t=90423

We'd like to see more updates on the NationStates News page - at the moment, it's restricted to the occasional technical change plus the odd update from the issues team.

I'd like more player-written content on there that talks about what people actually do on the site. There's a whole load of things that could be - an introduction to an area of the game (e.g. raiding, defending, building a region, interregional politics, the warzones, poll-raiding...), an analysis/study (e.g. the impact of the creation of Balder/Osiris, how to become a feeder delegate), or a history article on a significant event. There's plenty of material.

If you're interested in having a go, you can ask questions here or in the thread linked above, or drop me a TG. This is a permanent invitation - it's not a one-off thing.

(Note - this post is tailored to the Gameplay forum, but we are looking for news articles from other communities too.)

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:38 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Posting here to draw people's attention to this: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=90423

We'd like to see more updates on the NationStates News page - at the moment, it's restricted to the occasional technical change plus the odd update from the issues team.

I'd like more player-written content on there that talks about what people actually do on the site. There's a whole load of things that could be - an introduction to an area of the game (e.g. raiding, defending, building a region, interregional politics, the warzones, poll-raiding...), an analysis/study (e.g. the impact of the creation of Balder/Osiris, how to become a feeder delegate), or a history article on a significant event. There's plenty of material.

If you're interested in having a go, you can ask questions here or in the thread linked above, or drop me a TG. This is a permanent invitation - it's not a one-off thing.

(Note - this post is tailored to the Gameplay forum, but we are looking for news articles from other communities too.)

Would there be any interest in a "how to recruit" thing? Especially if it could be dropped in conjunction with the upgraded delivery reports that [v] mentioned. I already have the basis of being the API recruitment guide author, and have experience running manual and stamps as well.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:52 pm

Yep. Though I can't make any promises for Violet getting things implemented at the same time.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:10 pm

I just spent an entire year region-hopping on my puppet Religionous, and it was really fun. Got to see 37 regions in 53 weeks and some of them were really cool to visit.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay