NATION

PASSWORD

Neutral Ground - an Open Discussion Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Sun May 24, 2015 2:07 pm

Arctriul wrote:
Nick Highbury wrote:I feel like using this nation a bit more to post on the forums.

And Archmont has just stagnated a bit and we only still have 12 nations. The forums are getting a bit more active so I'm pretty happy about that.

That's nice...

Imagine what would have happened if you became the delegate of TNP. Thousands of nations gone stagnant! That'd be attrociois~

Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun May 24, 2015 2:39 pm

Arctriul wrote:
Kemintiri of Kemet wrote:5AM mornings tend to cause an increased chance of boo-boos...

Too early - what the hell are you doing up then?

Nick Highbury wrote:I feel like using this nation a bit more to post on the forums.

And Archmont has just stagnated a bit and we only still have 12 nations. The forums are getting a bit more active so I'm pretty happy about that.

That's nice...

Imagine what would have happened if you became the delegate of TNP. Thousands of nations gone stagnant! That'd be attrociois~

I agree Archmont's activity management is shit, but... maybe someone that has multiple once-active, now-dead regions in their history as a founder shouldn't be the one to point that out. :p
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Arctriul
Envoy

Founded: Mar 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Sun May 24, 2015 3:24 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
Arctriul wrote:Too early - what the hell are you doing up then?

That's nice...

I agree Archmont's activity management is shit, but... maybe someone that has multiple once-active, now-dead regions in their history as a founder shouldn't be the one to point that out. :p

I'll do as I want - not my fault mods aren't friendly :p

Either way 300 nations, 106 endorsements on the delegate and an active skype chat. Gonna get a military going soon enough. Noble and I are lazy,..

Ps. I'd hardly call 2 "multiple." Chloe has more then me. TCE, TFE and Cereal
Last edited by Arctriul on Sun May 24, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prophet Alphonse Silverstorm
"I’m a shadow that no light will shine on. As long as you follow me, you will never see the day."

"He who controls the battlefield, Controls History."

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Sun May 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Arctriul wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

Either way 300 nations, 106 endorsements on the delegate and an active skype chat. Gonna get a military going soon enough. Noble and I are lazy,..

How many regions are you going to make
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun May 24, 2015 3:42 pm

Canton Empire wrote:
Arctriul wrote:I'll do as I want - not my fault mods aren't friendly :p

How many regions are you going to make

Depends on how many of his puppets get deleted before DoS. :p
Last edited by Valrifell on Sun May 24, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Sun May 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Arctriul wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

TCE was more of Shadoke's doing and well you killed TFE, good sir :P

Your regions always grow quickly, but they also fall quickly by your own hand. At least Gradea knows how to avoid DEATs, which gives his regions security.
Festavo Montresor-Stark

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun May 24, 2015 4:27 pm

Trick Shot wrote:At least Gradea knows how to avoid DEATs, which gives his regions security.

Except his werewolves region, which is now closed :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Sun May 24, 2015 6:14 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Canton Empire wrote:How many regions are you going to make

Depends on how many of his puppets get deleted before DoS. :p

Sounds about right - although I ain't getting DoS ever so yeah. xD

Hoping this is the last one frankly.

"I’m a shadow that no light will shine on. As long as you follow me, you will never see the day."

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Sun May 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Trick Shot wrote:
Arctriul wrote:I'll do as I want - not my fault mods aren't friendly :p

TCE was more of Shadoke's doing and well you killed TFE, good sir :P

Your regions always grow quickly, but they also fall quickly by your own hand. At least Gradea knows how to avoid DEATs, which gives his regions security.

Well if I'm a good boy and don't have people attempting to set me up for "hacking" (yes Chloe - I have screenshots of that conversation between you and reddog you sly creature. I like the obsession you've gained with myself) I should be all good.

CoF ended down to a DEAT - correct. AoI didn't. I think one instance does not constitute claiming all my falls are down to misbehaving. AoI ended cause I had a life to attend to and Bucket wasn't exactly able to do all the administrative work. Dealt with the stresses and now I'm back at a much lower capacity.

However thanks for the compliment around growth. :)

And I understand you don't have too much experience in this area - but there is a major difference between leading a region of 10 nations (who knows how many are puppets?) compared to a region of a few hundred. Just saying..

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun May 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Arctriul wrote:
Trick Shot wrote:TCE was more of Shadoke's doing and well you killed TFE, good sir :P

Well if I'm a good boy and don't have people attempting to set me up for "hacking" (yes Chloe - I have screenshots of that conversation between you and reddog you sly creature. I like the obsession you've gained with myself) I should be all good.

CoF ended down to a DEAT - correct. AoI didn't. I think one instance does not constitute claiming all my falls are down to misbehaving. AoI ended cause I had a life to attend to and Bucket wasn't exactly able to do all the administrative work. Dealt with the stresses and now I'm back at a much lower capacity.

And I understand you don't have too much experience in this area - but there is a major difference between leading a region of 10 nations (who knows how many are puppets?) compared to a region of a few hundred. Just saying..

Difference being the amount of stamps, of course. :p
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Sun May 24, 2015 6:27 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Arctriul wrote:Well if I'm a good boy and don't have people attempting to set me up for "hacking" (yes Chloe - I have screenshots of that conversation between you and reddog you sly creature. I like the obsession you've gained with myself) I should be all good.

Difference being the amount of stamps, of course. :p

I go through 20,000 stamps a month - other regions go through a hell of a lot more targeted at new, Refounds and ejects. :p

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Arctriul wrote:CoF ended down to a DEAT - correct. AoI didn't. I think one instance does not constitute claiming all my falls are down to misbehaving. AoI ended cause I had a life to attend to and Bucket wasn't exactly able to do all the administrative work. Dealt with the stresses and now I'm back at a much lower capacity.

So the founder just happened to disappear one day? xD
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Sun May 24, 2015 8:51 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Arctriul wrote:CoF ended down to a DEAT - correct. AoI didn't. I think one instance does not constitute claiming all my falls are down to misbehaving. AoI ended cause I had a life to attend to and Bucket wasn't exactly able to do all the administrative work. Dealt with the stresses and now I'm back at a much lower capacity.

So the founder just happened to disappear one day? xD

The region had been disbanded about a month at that point. Noble can confirm we would not be returning to AoI regardless of if I had the founder account. The name impacted heaviliy on recruitment - the exact reason we have aimed for a more friendly one this time.

Gradea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gradea » Mon May 25, 2015 12:05 am

We have not done any recruiting at all for Archmont so I reckon we're going alright. When I have time, I'm going to set up an API telegram system.

Kemintiri of Kemet
Envoy

Founded: Jan 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kemintiri of Kemet » Mon May 25, 2015 12:09 am

Gradea wrote:We have not done any recruiting at all for Archmont so I reckon we're going alright. When I have time, I'm going to set up an API telegram system.

Have not done any recruiting at all?
Yo Mama|Elegy for Easter|Black of Knight|On Tagger's Fields|Raid Regions|A Thousand Days of Mourning In Honour Of My Fallen Loved One|Love-lies-bleeding|It Is Heartbreak
Կէմինտիրի Թեոդորա Շնեժ Մոնտրէսոր
Kemintiri T'yeodora Snez Montresor

100 Invader 63 Defender
Niece of Tim Stark, Escade and Solorni
Daughter of Severisen and Xoriet
Niece-by-marriage of Dalimbar
Granddaughter of Minineenee
Descendant of Astarial
Half-sister of Rirersyl
Sister of Ramaeus
Cousin of Knot

Gradea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gradea » Mon May 25, 2015 12:16 am

Kemintiri of Kemet wrote:
Gradea wrote:We have not done any recruiting at all for Archmont so I reckon we're going alright. When I have time, I'm going to set up an API telegram system.

I completely forget about that thread. Thank you for reminding me as I am going to use it to post an official statement criticizing DEN for raiding our good allies, the Metropolis.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Mon May 25, 2015 12:28 am

Didn't Sedge tell you to stop that?
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Mon May 25, 2015 1:54 am

Gradea wrote:

I completely forget about that thread. Thank you for reminding me as I am going to use it to post an official statement criticizing DEN for raiding our good allies, the Metropolis.

Hahaha - I'm the first person to enjoy taking a potshot at another region; but being pissy about a region being hit which has an active founder who fixed it within a few hours? You're going to waste face and use your region as a backbone for the "DEN YOU EVIL BASTARDS" declaration? Well Alrighty then - best of luck recruiting. XD

Zaolat wrote:Didn't Sedge tell you to stop that?

Wouldn't suprise me...

Kemintiri of Kemet wrote:

KemiBæ - Id hardly point that as recruitment~

Please don't start scrounging for scraps. :p

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon May 25, 2015 4:31 am

Seriously, stop trying to use this thread as a recruitment. It'd getting old fast.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon May 25, 2015 10:14 am

If you keep interrupting this glorious thread, we'll grief your regions Gradea. Also, someone call Codger. He needs to reclaim this thread from the likes of Rifty & Co.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Arctriul
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctriul » Mon May 25, 2015 10:18 am

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Rifty & Co.

Yes - very nice. I am the important named one! ;)

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Mon May 25, 2015 11:21 am

Arctriul wrote:
Trick Shot wrote:TCE was more of Shadoke's doing and well you killed TFE, good sir :P

Pffff, i haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon May 25, 2015 1:34 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote: Also, someone call Codger. He needs to reclaim this thread from the likes of Rifty & Co.

He's busy raiding polls :P

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon May 25, 2015 2:16 pm

Marselesk wrote:
Arctriul wrote:Well if I'm a good boy and don't have people attempting to set me up for "hacking" (yes Chloe - I have screenshots of that conversation between you and reddog you sly creature. I like the obsession you've gained with myself) I should be all good.

Pffff, i haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about

That's good, because setting someone up in such a way is likely to quickly result in the players responsible being banned from the site.

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Mon May 25, 2015 2:39 pm

Arctriul wrote:

Having a blanket DEAT certainly means good boy :P

If you send 20,000 recruitment telegrams a month I would be disappointed if you didn't have a nice regional population. It wasn't a compliment.

I would also like to pose a question you posed to Gradea, how many of those nations are puppets?
Festavo Montresor-Stark

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay