NATION

PASSWORD

Europeia Embassy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Anumia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Anumia » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:08 pm

July 2016

Supreme ChancellorsWorld Assembly DelegateExecutiveLegislativeJudicial

Trinnien defeats Calvin Coolidge and Aditya Republic in Presidential Election

(Europeia, July 7, 2016) - Assemblyman Trinnien defeated President Calvin Coolidge and Assemblyman Aditya Republic in the recent election for President of Europeia. Trinnien and his Vice President and outgoing Supreme Chancellor, HEM, earned 37 votes (50.7 percent of the vote), while Calvin Coolidge and his running mate Kuramia earned 28 votes (38.4 percent of the vote), and finally, Aditya Republic and his running mate Zapper earned 8 votes (11 percent of the vote).

"Europeia is more than just one person, it is more than just me. We have work to do in this term, as an Administration that seeks to revitalize and reinvigorate the spirit of the citizenry, and as a People that must find our passion and purpose.

Nine years is too long of a time, a legacy too greatly created, sacrifices too honorably given, and beliefs too deeply ingrained for us to sit idly by. We are Europeia, and we have and we will overcome any obstacle in front of us," said President Trinnien in his Inagural Address. Some of the most notable changes he and his Vice President promised to make were to split the Interior Ministry into Recruitment and Integration, as well as implement an "internship" program in the Civil Service Officum.

President Trinnien's Inagural Address can be found here: http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=658462

Changes to Europeian Chancellery

(Europeia, July 15, 2016) - After Supreme Chancellor HEM resigned at the conclusion of the Presidential election, two additions to the Chancellery have been made. Mousebumples and Drecq will join the team at Supreme Chancellor Lethen's side.

Drecq will join the Chancellory as Vice-Chancellor, for which he does not need Senate confirmation according to the Constitution of Europeia. He currently serves as Attorney General and is one of the most distinguished members of the currently active community. "I feel the person chosen possesses all the skills I'd ask for in my deputy: oratory skills, reliability, an understanding of the expectations of the Chancellery and its duties, and a history of excellence in our region," Lethen explained.

Mousebumples' appointment needed to be confirmed by the Europeian Senate first. Honored citizen and six times President Pope Lexus X argued that, "Mouse has been one of the greatest assets to Europeia. It is a massive decision to raise someone to level of Supreme Chancellor but I can scarcely conceive of anyone more deserving." Mousebumples was confirmed as Supreme Chancellor unilaterally with 6 votes in favour. Her appointment was widely applauded.

HEM, whose resignation resulted in the appointments, seemed satisfied as he postulated that, "This is a new chapter for our region, and I suspect it will be a good one."

Standing Period Opens for August Senate Election

(Europeia, July 29, 2016) - The Republic of Europeia has just opened the standing period for the next Senate Election which will be held on August 5th. The standing period was opened by Vice Chancellor Drecq who said in his speech: "There exists no place where debate is as deeply enshrined within the very soul of the institution as it is in Europeia's Senate. So I encourage everyone, young and old, new and established Citizens alike, to run."

In order to be eligible for the ballot, candidates must have been citizens at the time the election was called, and must declare their candidacy to the Oval Room prior to the end of the standing period.

At the time of publication 17 candidates have stood for the Senate: Aexnidaral Seymour, Kraketopia, zapper, Rand, Kuramia, Potchen, Isaris, Malashaan, Aditya Republic, Possibly This, Shin 3.0, Anumia, Alnama, McEntire, Punchwood, United Vietussia and Notolecta.

Worst of the Worst

This past major update, the Europeian Republican Navy led a tag update operation with the Jomsvikings of Balder and the British Army in United Kingdom. Despite large variance and a quicker update then normal, we succeeded in the operation. Fun was had between our regions and we ultimately came out successful with increased cooperation between our militaries.

Grand Admiral Writinglegend led and triggered with Commodore CptCarrot (also repping Balder), Midshipman Cat, Midshipman LeSageStupide, and Midshipman Cokeland participating in the operation.

Huzzah!

OPERATION DETAG

Europeian Republican Navy
ARNHELM
EUROPEIA
OFFICE OF THE GRAND ADMIRAL

--30th OF JULY TWO THOUSAND AND SIXTEEN--

Earlier this week, the ERN participated in a de tag update operation with the North Pacific Army of The North Pacific. For those unfamiliar, de tagging is a defending tactic that involves securing a region's delegacy and instituting its normal World Factbook Entry, removing another militaries invasion WFE that had been in place. This operation was taken part to increase cooperation with The North Pacific and yielded results of diversifying our operational output. This operation did both, and allowed sailors to get a taste of other operations.

Huzzah!

TROOPS REPORTING;

Grand Admiral Writinglegend
Commodore CptCarrot
Midshipman Cokeland

Thank you all for your participation.

REGARDS,
Writinglegend, GRAND ADMIRAL

The Europeian Broadcasting Corporation Presents...
Each report we file will feature at least one article from Europeia's state run media, the EBC, or from our private media center, the LethoMonarchy.

ENN - "Analysis: An Assembly With Balls Is Essential To The Long-Term Survival Of Europeia
Written by Klatonia
Lecturer at the University of Europeia

The author is a former Mayor of the defunct City Council, a former Senator, Speaker and presidential candidate. His opinions do not reflect those of the E-News Network.

So this is a continuation of this thread. I just finished reviewing the whole CARP saga and... well, it was instructive, to say the least. Here's a post-facto, summary, institutionalist (and probably wrong) sub-analysis, in line with my previous comments.

The very existence of the CARP underlines that there might have been a downside in the shift towards educational purpose of the CA. When CA leaders or up-and-comers are educating, they are not... how shall I say this... capitalizing on their newly-acquired political capital. When the CA is deprived (and I use it in a non-derogatory sense) of a stated or informal role/influence in policymaking (and that goes WAY beyond ordinances and pre-acts and the technical stuff), the whole system suffers because the CA is no longer training future leaders through experience.

That's the point I think HEM was trying to make: if the lay-level, non-elected entity only aims at educational goals, then it fails to provide proper real-life experience (as opposed to simulated experience) to members and, thus, fails to nurture advanced political skills like negotiation, leadership and responsibility.

Thus, the CARP. From a remote and more historical perspective, it seems as if one of the unstated reasons for its creation was the inability of the CA to ''stock the shelves'' with new leaders. It provided more technically skilled citizens but less politically proficient members. In institutionalist terms, Europeia's political structure lost one of the two predominant ways to create an intermediary output of leadership (the other being straight importation from other Regions). The system thus has to create a ''new'' toy to compensate for such systemic failure.

So where to go from here? Well, three possibilities immediately come to mind. First is to reestablish the CARP, thus providing the system with what seems to have been a rather reliable output of leaders. Second would be to establish a new program with comparable objectives.

Third... well, third goes back to the question HEM and Notolecta were arguing about: what's the role of the CA? Should the CA once again assume (in part or in whole) the purpose of providing a close-to-reality political simulation forum, or should it remain a technical institute for political bureaucrats?

The first option would both force the Region to lend some legitimacy to the Assembly and force the Assembly to assume a more political role - with every possible calamity that comes with it: conflict, confrontation, negotiation, power trips, intrumentalization of somewhat clueless members, and other predicted disaster. It carries the risk of gravedigging the old guard/new guard bullshit. However, it provides the opportunity (nothing more) for the development of leadership skills. Never for the many, only for the few who thrive in that kind of environment. Cost, benefit.

Reading the CARP archives, I wondered why the CA was limited to an educational role and why the leaders were basically selected for political upwards mobility. Is it that the Region has become confrontation-averse and wishes to streamline the rise of potential leaders through means that exclude troublemaking? I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud.

The second option seems to be working to a lot of people's satisfaction. It actually works as intended, apparently, with the usual ups and downs. The sheer quality of the educational resources is mind buggling. My concern is that the curriculum (and some feedback and comments I've seen posted) aim almost exclusively at developping what are known as (and sorry, it's a translation because I don't know the English term for it) compliance skills.

Correctly understanding, discussing and drafting legislation is not related (in theory) to personal style of leadership. Europeia, through its freaking awesome legal architecture (and the individuals that built it), has corporatized, streamlined and standardized almost every aspect of government related to legality, including the vocabulary and writing conventions of policy. So the educational resources and support provided seem, to me, like they strive to teach citizens how to comply with established norms... and THAT ISS FINE. Im a freaking lawyer, I can relate and appreciate. What you get is an active population that hosts a larger proportion of legal- or legislative-literate citizens.

But it does not nurture leaders.

We need a lay-level entity, whatever its freaking name, that allows both objectives to be attained at the same time.

Everything I've read and lived through so far here reflects what I would shamelessly call a Europeian truth: we are only as vibrant a Region as the quality of our leaders. If you don't like that statement, that's too bad. Engaging people in activity and creativity is only possible when the right levers are activated: when high-yielding recruitment leads to a larger population, and therefore a larger potential field of active members, who are then activated by either their past experience (a minority) or by the experience they live once they're admitted. All these levers - recruitment, integration, animation - are in the hands of the Executive. Yes, individual initiative can foster a punctual spike in participation. Yes, RL trends directly affect the activity level of the board. But in the end, looking through history, it is very difficult to disprove the thesis that we are a leader-driven region with strong democratic roots (which makes us a republic, really, what a coincidence) and a very steady, very influencial internal culture.

On that last point, it's only since I came back two days ago and skimmed the archives that I've come to truly appreciate the 'old guard' for what they are: a cultural safenet. This steadiness in our political and social culture is what allows Europeia to avoid having to reinvent the wheel every year, or to regularly fall under the spell of ill-faithed demagogues (it has happened but very rarely considering the lenght of our terms). So I'll take this opportunity to address a public apology to Lethen, Anumia, HEM, Lexus, Neo and Asianatic: if I had understood THAT in 2009-2011, things would have been different. I don't regret stirring s*it up. I don't regret confronting the 'establishment'. Hell, I don't even regret the intent behind the Extreme Measures Act. The way it was done and the sometimes blatant dismissal of your contribution, however, were inexcusable, and I apologize for that.

To survive in a context of high citizen turnover, Europeia needs a steady supply chain of politically activated, lucid citizens (which includes utopists, by the way) who are given the chance to learn not just through scholastic exercises but through the experience of situations that are as close to the 'real' leadership as possible. For some, it's to champion a bill they really care about once they learn how to frame it. For others, it'll be the learning of the ropes of political maneuvering through a seemingly absurd revolt against, let's say, the Senate's lack of transparency. Whatever the case, every citizen should have an easy access to a resource where political experiences can be lived and experienced to the fullest in order to exercise an honest judgement of their will to 'climb up the ranks' or 'make a name for themselves'.

For the record, I think the CARP narrowed that access by 1) cementing the role of the CA to purely 'educational' purposes and 2) putting in place a recruitment system that limits the number of 'chosen people' and the ways they can learn. It hinders the emergence of out-of-the-ordinary, somewhat unexpected leaders. In short, it skews the necessary diversity of the leadership supply market. Its disbanding was a good thing, but it does not solve the issue at hand: if not the CARP, then what?

Does that mean the CA is the only way to create leaders? Of course not. But since all others rely on voluntary participation that hinges on a combination of personal volition and leaders' capability to create/rally interest, the CA presents a very high potential for systemic leadership and citizenship development. That should be its mission, and we should be able to accept that it can, in time, take forms we personally don't like. Accepting a loss of control is a skill many should learn.

Upcoming in Europeia...

The EurOlympics, a mix of games and intra-administration competitions, will be held August 15th through August 19th.

The next Presidential Election will be held on September 9th, 2016, with the Standing Period beginning between August 29th and September 2nd, 2016.

This has been a joint production from the Ministry of Communications and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Europeia. Thank you for reading!
Image Image Image Image

Black Mekhet
Attaché

Founded: Jan 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Mekhet » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:48 pm

The lack of puns from you upsets me greatly Anumia. Chula would be ashamed.
Mekhet of The Black Hawks.

I only represent Mek.

Writinglegend
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 22, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Writinglegend » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Greetings fellow players,

It is a pleasure posting in this Embassy once more as the new President of Europeia. Some may recognize me from my three previous terms as President last year during the summer months (May-November) respectively. Some may also remember me as Europeia's Grand Admiral, a position I have held for the past several months.

I (Writinglegend) decided to run for this prestigious office and asked Aexnidaral Seymour to be my running mate in a campaign. Aex and I won the election with 46 votes (82.1%) to Re-Open Nominations 10 votes (17.9%).

This is my fourth, non-consecutive, term as President. As always, feel free to reach out to me if there is anything you or your region would like to discuss with Europeia. I can promise I will always be respectful and show a willingness to listen.

Europeia sends her regards,

Writinglegend
President of Europeia
10x President of Europeia

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:29 pm

Congratulations on the reelection. :)
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:45 pm

The biggest bit of news I've got out of this thread is that Anumia CTE'd :P

Congratulations WritingLegend.
Last edited by Altmoras on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Inhumanly good at the game according to official word of site staff.

-Equalia-
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby -Equalia- » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:20 pm

Congrats Pres. WritingLegend! Cheers from Albion! o/
Caddy Saxton
Albion

Tom Vasentius HYDRA
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tom Vasentius HYDRA » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Congrats to WL.
Former Director of HYDRA Command

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:36 am

Congratulations :)
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:59 am

Altmoras wrote:The biggest bit of news I'm got out of this thread is that Anumia CTE'd :P

Congratulations WritingLegend.

This,

and congratulations! :)
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Theoden Sebastian
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Theoden Sebastian » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:03 am

Congratulations, WL!
Theoden Sebastian
Retired Emperor Sequentia of The Land of Kings and Emperors
Duke of Aalborg in Balder
Other Titles and Positions, Past and Present

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:51 am

Congratulations! Be brilliant!
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:27 am

Congratulations.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Writinglegend
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 22, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Writinglegend » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:32 pm

I would like to encourage everyone to come out and attend, if possible, a live on air interview we have scheduled with former delegate of The North Pacific and Sovereign of the Kingdom of Alexandria, Lord Ravenclaw, on Europeia's Mixlr channel (http://mixlr.com/ebc-radio/). We will discuss a wide array of topics, mainly focusing on his participation in the community of Kingdom of Alexandira and touching other events. If you are unable to attend, we will gladly post a link to the showreel once it is uploaded to our archive. I look forward to, hopefully, seeing you there!

Broadcast Name: Interview with Raven
Guest: Raven
Approximate Date: Saturday 24th
Approximate Time: 5PM EDT/ 10PM BST
Description: A sit sown with Joshua Ravenclaw from Kingdom of Alexandria
10x President of Europeia

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:08 pm

Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism (CAIN)

Salutations,

We'd like to take a moment to invite all of you to join us in discussing a solution to one of the most prevalent issues facing the NationStates community today, Nazism. For far too long, we've struggled to face an issue that degrades us as a community. As a whole, this community has allowed gameplay divides, political squabbles, and personal hostility to affect the way that we approach an ideology that few of us care for in favor of standing alone. We believe that the time has come to put aside these differences for a conference open to all, regardless of creed, gameplay sphere, or even past differences.

Starting on October 9th, Europeia will be hosting a conference called the Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism (CAIN for short). We invite everyone, of all walks of life and regardless of past differences, to join us on our off-site forum for this event. We will have discussions around Nazism's impact on NationStates, a round table dialogue regarding an inter-regional agreement to face this impact, and a welcoming atmosphere for all of those standing opposed to Nazism in NationStates.

We hope to see you join us and, in the meantime, you should join us in the CAIN Discord Chat!

Moments ago, President WritingLegend officially announced the Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism and set its start date.

Standing Against Nazis

"Where anti-Semitism persists, the well being of all our people is at risk."
-Paul Sarbanes

Greetings fellow Europeians,

Well over two months ago, in a mid-term speech from the Minister of Foreign Affairs, a tentative announcement of a collaborative effort to oppose Nazis in NationStates was made. At the time, it was known simply as the Anti-Nazi Initiative. The idea was a simple one: to oppose a group that has used our community to spread hate. The execution was more complicated that the idea. It couldn’t simply be us standing on our own fighting whatever group spread hate. No, it had to be a cooperative effort. It had to include groups that we didn’t along with, that didn’t get along with us, and even those that didn’t get along with each other. The project stumbled, undoubtedly, as the particulars of organizing such an event require more than simply wanting it but I am proud to say that this administration will be bringing this idea from a term ago to fruition.

Today, I formally announce this administration’s intention to host an inter-regional conference. This conference shall focus, in its entirety, on what is now known as the Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism (CAIN.) It shall begin on the 9th of October, when the sub-forums will be opened in an area of this forum accessible to all of those that wish to participate. Regardless of who, our history, creed, or experience, any that wishes to join us in standing against a force that make this community lesser may do so. There shall be discussions, debates, and drafting on a treaty that we believe can help us stand united together on this momentous issue.

Europeia, I hope that you will join me and this administration as we stand together for this cause. If we put aside our differences and the politics on this issue, choosing instead to work together internally and abroad, then I believe that we can find ourselves looking at a NationStates community that is better for it.

From the President,
WritingLegend
Brunhilde

"I have three children and if I can raise just one of them to be more like Brunhilde and less like Sygian I'll consider myself a successful parent."
-Scardino

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:19 pm

This is a very worthy initiative and Osiris looks forward to participating. Thank you to Europeia for organizing it.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Brihimia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Brihimia » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Interesting!
brihimia

Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Cormactopia II wrote:This is a very worthy initiative and Osiris looks forward to participating. Thank you to Europeia for organizing it.

I would like to echo the response of the Pharaoh. This is very interesting!
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:14 am

I look forward to having you all join us!
Brunhilde

"I have three children and if I can raise just one of them to be more like Brunhilde and less like Sygian I'll consider myself a successful parent."
-Scardino

Queen Hyacinth Ravenclaw
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Hyacinth Ravenclaw » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:59 am

I look forward to this event, the Kingdom of Alexandria will be attending this conference.
Queen and Sovereign of the Kingdom of Alexandria

Ikania
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ikania » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:39 pm

Ditto, I'll be representing Grand Central.
Ike Speardane
Executive Advisor in The League.
Proud soldier in the service of The Grey Wardens.
Three-time Defendervision winner. NSG Senate veteran.
Knuckle-dragging fuckstick from a backwater GCR. #SPRDNZ
Land Value Tax would fix this
СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:10 pm

Good work on this ! The West Pacific will be represented!
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

GreatNazis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby GreatNazis » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:27 pm

I would challenge Mr. WritingLegend to provide some concrete examples of our using the community to spread hate (whatever that means). I'd also advise he proofreads that announcement as there are a few grammatical issues with it, irony aside.

Speaking purely from a player to player standpoint here (not that I am a Nazi in real life), wouldn't you agree that having us here is indeed better for the game since it provides such an easy pantomime villain for everyone to hate and attack? Every cast has to have a bad boy. For every superhero, a supervillain. Otherwise, what's the point? Who are you opposing? Where's the fun?

Most would rather play Good Guys vs Bad Guys than Good Guys vs Other Good Guys, I would think.

But yes, the entire announcement seemed to revolve around the idea that we spread hate (which we don't) and that removing it would be better for the game (which it wouldn't). Oh well. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:25 am

For the record, putting the blame for this on WritingLegend and targeting him with disdain isn't fair to WL. This project has been my baby and, while WL has helped me every step of the way, he should not be the target of any contempt around it.

You give Nazis too much credit. We don't need them in this community. We have Leftist vs Fascist, Defender vs Raider, Imperialist vs Isolationists, and even Independents vs whoever they decide they want to oppose. Those conflicts are what drive this game. They're what make it what it is. There's enough strife, enough struggle, between those groups to have driven this game for over a decade. Nazis are a side show to those conflicts.

The very idea of Nazis is one that spreads hate. People don't sign up for that ideology, that history, without knowing the baggage that it brings and the image that it willingly puts across. The principle behind the entire group is one that has spread hate for the better part of a century. This is about bringing spheres and regions together, regardless of their past differences, to oppose an ideology that has made people feel lesser for the circumstances of their birth and those that have made light of it in favor of being the bad guy.
Last edited by Brunhizzle on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Brunhilde

-Scardino

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby North East Somerset » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:48 am

Hear hear, Brunhizzle.
I look forwards to attending this conference. Image
Royal Duke, Balder
Lord High Steward, The LKE
Honoured Citizen, Europeia

GreatNazis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby GreatNazis » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:52 am

Brunhizzle wrote:For the record, asking WritingLegend would be a wasted sentiment as this project is my own. WritingLegend has been kind enough to allow me to pursue it and has helped me along the way.

You give Nazis too much credit. We don't need them in this community. We have Leftist vs Fascist, Defender vs Raider, Imperialist vs Isolationists, and even Independents vs whoever they decide they want to oppose. Those conflicts are what drive this game. They're what make it what it is. There's enough strife, enough struggle, between those groups to have driven this game for over a decade. Nazis are a side show to those conflicts.

The very idea of Nazis is one that spreads hate. People don't sign up for that ideology, that history, without knowing the baggage that it brings and the image that it willingly puts across. The principle behind the entire group is one that has spread hate for the better part of a century. This is about bringing spheres and regions together, regardless of their past differences, to oppose an ideology that has made people feel lesser for the circumstances of their birth and those that have made light of it in favor of being the bad guy.

I appreciate your making the distinction between Fascism and Nazism. Many do not. And Nazism historically is certainly the more evil of the two.

However, do you think people here sign up for that ideology? For hatred? How many of NE's population do you think are neo-nazis in real life? Would you go into Red Orchestra 2 or Company of Heroes and tell everyone playing as Germans that they are Nazis irl?

The original name for my nation - Good Nazis - came from my desire to have a nation that was National Socialist but in a benevolent way, without the evil associated with it. I didn't sign up to spread hate. And on two occasions I've been in command of the entire region, and not once did I order anyone to go forth and spread hate. You may want to read our Required Reading to see our current policy on it. We haven't actively made anyone feel 'lesser'.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay