NATION

PASSWORD

Silly and/or Illegal GA Proposals. zOMG!

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:59 am

Flibbleites wrote:
The Emmerian Unions wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:
The Roads Act
A resolution to reduce barriers to free trade and commerce.

Category: Free Trade
Strength: Significant
Proposed by: The Lorians

Description: NOTING that the quality of cars and trucks are increasing, and that their fuel efficiency is improving.
RECOGNIZING the importance of transportation in trading.

THEREFORE, THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:
1)ESTABLISHES a network of highways connecting all WA member nations
2)REQUIRES that all border crossings along these highways must be expanded so that the queue may not be longer than 1 mile or 1 hour.
3)BELIEVES that all tolls along the highways shall be prohibited.
4)SUGGESTS that as much of the highway system be high-speed roads as possible.
5)SUGGESTS that as much existing road infrastructure be used as possible, except in conflict with 4).
6)RESPECT the rights of sovereign nations and explicitly note that member nations can stop the construction or signage of any highway in its territories.
7)ACKNOWLEDGE the difference between countries, and therefore DECLARE that no specific road standards be created.
8)REQUESTS that all highways be maintained by a fund pool raised by all WA members.
9)EXEMPT all construction from enviromental laws. Nations have the right to revoke this section in their own countries.

Highways connecting ALL WA nations? Gonna be some pretty long bridges there.
High Speed roads? ALL of them?
Highways maintained by yet another WA FUND?
Seriously?

:palm:

Youy forgot another one.

SPACE ROADS!

There are WA members that don't live on the same planet.

And then there's my nation which is situated on a midair archipelago whose islands tend to drift around.

... And then there are the nations of Whales, or Dolphins, that turn up occasionally...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:24 am

Flibbleites wrote: And then there's my nation which is situated on a midair archipelago whose islands tend to drift around.

So for you we would then require a suspension (of disbelief) bridge, then, right? :p
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:26 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Flibbleites wrote: And then there's my nation which is situated on a midair archipelago whose islands tend to drift around.

So for you we would then require a suspension (of disbelief) bridge, then, right? :p

Even that wouldn't work, we actually tried to bridge a couple of our islands together at one time, but the islands' drift just ripped the bridge to pieces.

The divided
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The divided » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Imagration Laws

A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: FlagTic-Bite

Description: The World Assembly, noting the lack of border security, hereby recommends the following guidelines:
1) Put Few Forces on the borders.
2) Will allow a temporay visit but no more than three years.
3) Will let imagrants has jobs with a 6th month or tempoary opening.
4) THIS BILL WILL NOT DEPORT imagrants who have already settled here.
5) If no taxes are paid then they will be prosocuted.
6) If they do pay taxes they will have the right as the all the citizens do. (until the temporary vist Deadline)
7) They will be asked to Leave once temporary visit ends. If not they will be prosecuted.

Reason- Many immagrants have taken many jobs and have overcrowded many schools in nations, which does not in anyway benefit the natives

Spelling fail. Twice.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:50 pm

The divided wrote:
Imagration Laws

A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security

Proposed by: FlagTic-Bite

Description: The World Assembly, noting the lack of border security, hereby recommends the following guidelines:
1) Put Few Forces on the borders.
2) Will allow a temporay visit but no more than three years.
3) Will let imagrants has jobs with a 6th month or tempoary opening.
4) THIS BILL WILL NOT DEPORT imagrants who have already settled here.
5) If no taxes are paid then they will be prosocuted.
6) If they do pay taxes they will have the right as the all the citizens do. (until the temporary vist Deadline)
7) They will be asked to Leave once temporary visit ends. If not they will be prosecuted.

Reason- Many immagrants have taken many jobs and have overcrowded many schools in nations, which does not in anyway benefit the natives

Spelling fail. Twice.

Spelling errors are not the only errors present. There are some grammatical errors which alter the meaning of various clauses. A thorough explanation has been sent to the author with a recommendation that they pursue peer reviews in the W.A. forum.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:08 pm

A Tribute to the Future

A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Vespian

Description: This bill will hereby create an International Eugenics Committee, which will be dedicated to the improvement of the human species through directed evolution (selective breeding).

The International Eugenics Committee will be charged with:

-Categorizing and subdividing the human species into genetically "appropriate" groups

-Identifying and if necessary destroying genetically malignant or regressive traits-

- And Finally, doing altogether whatever is necessary to direct the course of human evolution towards a "positive" outcome.

The International Eugenics Conference will be granted whatever funds or privileges that the accomplishment of their objectives is deemed to require.

The International Eugenics Committee will receive precedence over all other Committees due to the "special" nature of their assignment and the sway they hold over the future of the entire human species.

Finally, The International Eugenics Committee will be chaired by 10 of the most highly qualified Evolutionary Biologist in the world, who will govern the committee through "simple majority".
The worst part is, the only illegal things I can possibly find about this is a possible committee rules violation and a borderline Grossly Offensive (and I say borderline due to the proposal not saying what traits are "undesirable").

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Flibbleites wrote:The worst part is, the only illegal things I can possibly find about this is a possible committee rules violation and a borderline Grossly Offensive (and I say borderline due to the proposal not saying what traits are "undesirable").

What about game mechanics/amendment?
The International Eugenics Committee will receive precedence over all other Committees
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Linux and the X wrote:
Flibbleites wrote:The worst part is, the only illegal things I can possibly find about this is a possible committee rules violation and a borderline Grossly Offensive (and I say borderline due to the proposal not saying what traits are "undesirable").

What about game mechanics/amendment?
The International Eugenics Committee will receive precedence over all other Committees

Game Mechanics would be out simply because as far as the game is concerned the committees don't exist. It could be viewed as an amendment but I'm not sure.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:49 am

Asteroid Mining Act
A resolution to develop industry around the world.

Category: Advancement of Industry

Area of Effect: Environmental Deregulation

Proposed by: War Parties

Description: It is the proposal of further research of asteroid mining to develop and to practice the said mining

Defining that Asteroid mining refers to the possibility of exploiting raw materials from asteroids and planetoids in space, especially near-Earth objects

Noting that mining in the present time erodes and damages land scapes and result to landslides

Recognizing that this may lead to loss of lives and damage to properties

Seeking to prevent damage and disasters to happen
while developing the economies of our own nations

Hereby:

I. Establish the Research Commision on Asteroid Mining(RCAM).

a. The RCAM will be made up of at least 10 scientist
b.It will be dutied to make and develop vehicles that could mined and transport minerals from asteroids back to Earth...
c. It will research on how it will be able to develop a space colony on Mars that will serve Mission Control Center for this mining project.

II. Conditions of this mining project

a. There must be only one mining company must represent a nation....
b. Nations interested in the Project must have their own space facilities or they will not be accomodated for this kind of project.
c.Further research must be made to develop and and have this project more easier.....
d.There must be no military presence in the Mission Control Center in order to prevent tensions/takeover about this project

:shock:

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:10 am

Liberty Day

Category: Recreational Drug Use
Decision: Promote
Proposed by: Toke islands

Description: To promote Civil rights we as the world recognize that April 20 represents freedom and we will hereby know it as Liberty Day, and use this day to openly mock nations with poor Civil Liberties.
This bill will also encourage other Nations to legalize recreational drugs, and make 4/20 a tax holiday on Marijuana.

That's game mechanics.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:29 pm

International Free Trade

Description: NOTING that international trade requires crossing national borders.
RECOGNIZING that in some cases, several hours can be wasted while crossing a border, usually spent in queue.
REALIZING that this situation discourages international free trade.

1)REQUIRES that wait times at a border crossing must not exceed 1 hour.
2)REQUIRES that vehicle queues at a land crossing must not be more than one 1 mile long.
3)REQUIRES that the wait times at a truck scale / inspection station, ect. must not exceed thirty 30 minutes.
4)REQUIRES that the vehicle queues at all facilities stated in 4) that is located on land must not exceed 1/3 of a mile.
5)FORBID nations from funding the above measures through an increased tariff.

Not necessarily illegal - more illogical. What function does this setting of limits serve except to make it so that people crossing borders (perhaps will illegal and/or dangerous substances) may need to be rushed across the border in order to comply?

Additionally, I object to the fact that increased taxes (as a result from this proposal's theoretical passage) is outlawed. *sigh*
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Minimum Wage Increase

A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.

Category: Social Justice
Proposed by: FlagWar Parties

Description: Proposed to make increase in the minimum wage of employees who receive the above wage by 50%

Defining minimum wage is the lowest hourly, daily or monthly wage that employers may legally pay to employees or workers

Seeking to improve life of minimum wage workers as
the economy of each countries grows....

Providing this to the ones who only receive 327 cones (in my country) which is only enough for them to survive while my economy is now a powerhouse

Hereby:
I. Establishment of Minimum Wage Regulation Commission(MWAC) w/c has the ff. functions:

a. Receives and approves/denies the petitions of labor unions about wage increase
b.Suspends or Closes the Establishments of the ones who does not follow minimum wage resolutions
c.Tells the appropriate minimum wage for workers especially according to the industry they are in to.
II. Creation of Labor Inspection Secret Agency which also has the following functions:
a. Secretly inspects an industry if it follows the
regulated minimum wage given by Minimum Wage Regulation Commission(MWAC).
b. Submits their report directly to the Minimum Wage Regulation Commission(MWAC).

Branding? (specific mention of submitter's own country's currency, although not the specific name of the country)

Also, I have to ask two additional questions:
1 - What do "w/c" and "ff." mean?
2 - Why does the proposal CONTINUE to spell out the whole name of the MWAC even though the shorthand is already listed once in the proposal?
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

New Leicestershire
Attaché

Founded: Mar 30, 2007
Capitalist Paradise

Postby New Leicestershire » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Mousebumples wrote:
Minimum Wage Increase

A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.

Category: Social Justice
Proposed by: FlagWar Parties

Description: Proposed to make increase in the minimum wage of employees who receive the above wage by 50%

Defining minimum wage is the lowest hourly, daily or monthly wage that employers may legally pay to employees or workers

Seeking to improve life of minimum wage workers as
the economy of each countries grows....

Providing this to the ones who only receive 327 cones (in my country) which is only enough for them to survive while my economy is now a powerhouse

Hereby:
I. Establishment of Minimum Wage Regulation Commission(MWAC) w/c has the ff. functions:

a. Receives and approves/denies the petitions of labor unions about wage increase
b.Suspends or Closes the Establishments of the ones who does not follow minimum wage resolutions
c.Tells the appropriate minimum wage for workers especially according to the industry they are in to.
II. Creation of Labor Inspection Secret Agency which also has the following functions:
a. Secretly inspects an industry if it follows the
regulated minimum wage given by Minimum Wage Regulation Commission(MWAC).
b. Submits their report directly to the Minimum Wage Regulation Commission(MWAC).

Branding? (specific mention of submitter's own country's currency, although not the specific name of the country)

2 - Why does the proposal CONTINUE to spell out the whole name of the MWAC even though the shorthand is already listed once in the proposal?

Surely this would also contradict and/or duplicate Living Wage Act.

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:11 am

Mousebumples wrote:
Minimum Wage Increase

I don't know about "ff.", but I'm used to seeing 'w/c' meaning 'water closet'. Which makes precisely zero sense in the given context.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:19 am

Enn wrote:
Mousebumples wrote:
Minimum Wage Increase

I don't know about "ff.", but I'm used to seeing 'w/c' meaning 'water closet'. Which makes precisely zero sense in the given context.

"ff." = "ffollowing"?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 pm

The factory crack-down
A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental
Industry Affected: All Businesses
Proposed by: Agaralia

Description: The factories and companies of the world (no nation is free of guilt) have forever tried to run a linear system on a finite planet. I think that the nations of the world have never had a right to wreck the world for the benefit of their personal bank accounts, there for they should follow some guidlines.

1) all factories must not make more than 20,000 lbs. of carbon dioxide emissions per week.

2) all factories must replace at least 1 fossil fuel they currently use with an renewable energy source

3) all WA nations must develope a system to turn the current linear system into a finite system and pass it into law.

4) all factories must cut down on toxic chemicals they currently use by at least 25% in the next 6 months.

5) for every factory that does not obey these guidlines the mother corperation should be required to pay a tax to the government and the WA

By all the saints and little fishes, what is this tripe?

Not Ta'veren

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
The factory crack-down
A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Description: The factories and companies of the world (no nation is free of guilt) have forever tried to run a linear system on a finite planet. I think that the nations of the world have never had a right to wreck the world for the benefit of their personal bank accounts, there for they should follow some guidlines.

1) all factories must not make more than 20,000 lbs. of carbon dioxide emissions per week.

2) all factories must replace at least 1 fossil fuel they currently use with an renewable energy source

3) all WA nations must develope a system to turn the current linear system into a finite system and pass it into law.

4) all factories must cut down on toxic chemicals they currently use by at least 25% in the next 6 months.

5) for every factory that does not obey these guidlines the mother corperation should be required to pay a tax to the government and the WA

By all the saints and little fishes, what is this tripe?

Not as bad as this version.
The factory crack-down

Description: In many past years the nations of our world have been forced to live in a total dump by greedy money grubbing CEOs who would kill every one on the planet if they could just make more money! This act provides guidlines for their enviromental status and how it could, and should be fixed so that in their scheme for money they can be more respectful of the daily citizens life.

1) No factory can produce more than 15,000 lbs. of carbon dioxide per day.

2) No mother company can have more than 90 factories in all WA nations combined. And no more than 65 in any nation any where.

3) All factories must turn one of their top 3 fossil fuel resources into a renewable energy source or remove it entirly.

4) All factories must file bi-monthly reports with their nations government relating to the amount of resources they are using, what their resources are, and prove that they are meeting these laws.

5) Any factory that does not meet these requirments will cause their mother companies fines payed to the WA, the nation the offence took place in, and a small fee will be payed to all WA nations.

UNDERSTANDING that the world needs to become a cleaner place for the benifits of all those that inhabit it, and for those that will inhabit it in the near future.

KNOWING that factories cause a major part of the polution in the world.

The world can never be a perfect place, but as the leaders of our respected nations we understand that it is our job to try our best to make it a perfect place, with honesty, and knowing that our citizen's lives are in our hands.
Which is illegal for trying to affect non-member nations.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:40 pm

World wide peace
A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.

Category: Global Disarmament

Description: A military is nesisary to the success of a nation anywhere, for defence. However everywhere nations continue use their military for the purpose of evil. The following regulations must be obeyed in all WA nations for the good of the WA.

1) No nation can have more than 75 arms per square mile in there military.

2) The WA hereby creates the WAA (War Aproval Assosiation) who has the difficult task of approving declarations of war created by WA nations. In the report given to the WAA the nation must state there monthly budget for the war, there extra weapons they intend to use, and most inportantly who they intend to battle.

3) The making of the atomic bomb, the hydrogen bomb, and any bomb that can be dropped in the air is strictly forbiden. And the use of stolen bombs fitting the descriptions above is also forbiden.

4) The death limit for any war unless you are attacked after reaching the death limit by a non-WA nation is 20,500 people.

UNDERSTANDING that peace is nessisary for survival.

ACCEPTING that humans cause more deaths to one another than any other source.

WILLINGLY voting for peace for the prosperity of your nation and the nations of the WA.

oh, there is just so much here to laugh and point at, I hardly know where to start.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Official Recognition of Planet
A resolution to increase democratic freedoms.

Category: Furtherment of Democracy
Proposed by: Scientist United

Description: Noting that there are many regions, many with similar and/or nearly the same names and descriptions.

Recognizing that there are many regions whose descriptions place them beyond the planet Earth.

Hereby request:
-The official recognition by the WA and its nations of the region of The Colonized Planet Of Mars as the official planet of Mars which shall be ruled by its inhabitants of it as a free region/planet.
-Official recognition by the WA and its nations of other regions as official planets or beyond-Earth colonies, should they wish to be officially recognized and with proper WA approval.

ok, to start...

BRANDING VIOLATION

Not Ta'veren

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
World wide peace

Description: A military is nesisary to the success of a nation anywhere, for defence. However everywhere nations continue use their military for the purpose of evil. The following regulations must be obeyed in all WA nations for the good of the WA.

2) The WA hereby creates the WAA (War Aproval Assosiation) who has the difficult task of approving declarations of war created by WA nations. In the report given to the WAA the nation must state there monthly budget for the war, there extra weapons they intend to use, and most inportantly who they intend to battle.

3) The making of the atomic bomb, the hydrogen bomb, and any bomb that can be dropped in the air is strictly forbiden. And the use of stolen bombs fitting the descriptions above is also forbiden.

4) The death limit for any war unless you are attacked after reaching the death limit by a non-WA nation is 20,500 people.

WILLINGLY voting for peace for the prosperity of your nation and the nations of the WA.

oh, there is just so much here to laugh and point at, I hardly know where to start.

Now THAT is effin' stupid.
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Almaniania
Senator

Founded: Dec 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Almaniania » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:16 pm

This one is nuts!
Liberate NAZI EUROPE
A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region

Category: Liberation
Nominee (region): NAZI EUROPE
Proposed by: German Dragons

Description: NOTING that Nazi Europe is controlled by a power-hungry, banjection happy delegate.

DISGUSTED by said tyrannical delegate actions of banning innocent nations and blocking said nation's attempts at diplomacy.

REALISING that friendly nation's entering said region deserve the right to inhabit it at there leisure, and that liberation is the only route to said objective.

WORRIED that Nazi Europe would lose/turnoff members and thus slowly drift into nothing-ness.

HEREBY Liberates Nazi Europe

Approvals: 1 (The UG)

Voting Ends: in 3 days, 1 hour

This fails. Epicly.
The Republic of the Almanianian Federation: Official 2012 World Census Pencil Pusher Counter
{Almaniania}: Embassy -- Factbook
Current troop level: DEFCON 4

WARNING: I AM A GRAMMAR SOCIALIST. BEWARE
NationStates Personification
One of the Founders of National Personification Role Playing
Did you know I was a writer? You didn't? Perhaps you'd like to read a few of my stories and tell me what you think then.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:29 pm

Almaniania wrote:This one is nuts!
Liberate NAZI EUROPE
A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region

Category: Liberation
Nominee (region): NAZI EUROPE
Proposed by: German Dragons

Description: NOTING that Nazi Europe is controlled by a power-hungry, banjection happy delegate.

DISGUSTED by said tyrannical delegate actions of banning innocent nations and blocking said nation's attempts at diplomacy.

REALISING that friendly nation's entering said region deserve the right to inhabit it at there leisure, and that liberation is the only route to said objective.

WORRIED that Nazi Europe would lose/turnoff members and thus slowly drift into nothing-ness.

HEREBY Liberates Nazi Europe

Approvals: 1 (The UG)

Voting Ends: in 3 days, 1 hour

This fails. Epicly.

That. Goes. HERE!: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2042
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Ainocra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ainocra » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:57 am

World wide peace

Approvals: 0

Voting Ends: in 2 days, 18 hours

The Empire of Ainocra has not approved this proposal.
Alcon Enta
Supreme Marshal of Ainocra

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

Quelesh
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Quelesh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:33 am

Mousebumples wrote:
International Free Trade

Description: NOTING that international trade requires crossing national borders.
RECOGNIZING that in some cases, several hours can be wasted while crossing a border, usually spent in queue.
REALIZING that this situation discourages international free trade.

1)REQUIRES that wait times at a border crossing must not exceed 1 hour.
2)REQUIRES that vehicle queues at a land crossing must not be more than one 1 mile long.
3)REQUIRES that the wait times at a truck scale / inspection station, ect. must not exceed thirty 30 minutes.
4)REQUIRES that the vehicle queues at all facilities stated in 4) that is located on land must not exceed 1/3 of a mile.
5)FORBID nations from funding the above measures through an increased tariff.

Not necessarily illegal - more illogical. What function does this setting of limits serve except to make it so that people crossing borders (perhaps will illegal and/or dangerous substances) may need to be rushed across the border in order to comply?

Additionally, I object to the fact that increased taxes (as a result from this proposal's theoretical passage) is outlawed. *sigh*

Not to mention that, speaking realistically and not in game terms, it would be practically impossible to comply with.
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am." - Samuel Johnson

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Political Compass | Economic Left/Right: -7.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

Carbandia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Carbandia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Christmas

A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights

Proposed by: FlagAckuzay

Description: Recognizing the importance of Christmas and the Christian faith

Whereas Christmas, a holiday of great significance to us and many other cultures and nationalities, is celebrated annually by Christians throughout our country and the world;

Whereas there are approximately 225,000,000 Christians in the Armed Republic of Ackuzay, making Christianity the religion of over three-fourths of the Ackuzay population;

Whereas there are approximately 2,000,000,000 Christians throughout the world, making Christianity the largest religion in the world and the religion of about one-third of the world population;

Whereas Christians and Christianity have contributed greatly to the development of civilization;

Whereas the Armed Republic of Ackuzay, being founded as a constitutional republic in the traditions of western civilization, finds much in its history that points observers back to its Judeo-Christian roots;

Whereas on December 25 of each calendar year, Christians observe Christmas, the holiday celebrating the birth of their savior, Jesus Christ;

Whereas for Christians, Christmas is celebrated as a recognition of God's redemption, mercy, and Grace; and

Whereas many Christians and non-Christians throughout the Armed Republic of Ackuzay and the rest of the world, celebrate Christmas as a time to serve others: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the United Nations--

(1) recognizes the Christian faith as one of the great religions of the world;

(2) expresses continued support for Christians in the Armed Republic of Ackuzay and worldwide;

(3) acknowledges the international religious and historical importance of Christmas and the Christian faith;

(4) acknowledges and supports the role played by Christians and Christianity in the founding of the Armed Republic of Ackuzay and in the formation of the world society;

(5) rejects bigotry and persecution directed against Christians, both in the Armed Republic of Ackuzay and worldwide;

(6) expresses its deepest respect to Ackuzay Christians and Christians throughout the world; and

(7) declares December 25th an international holiday to be celebrated as Christmas in the fashion of your own.

Approvals: 0

Voting Ends: in 3 days, 7 hours

UN? What UN?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives