NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Vandoosa Dreiundzwanzig

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:49 pm

Vandoosa wrote:Aww.. they left out my other truly evil deeds like laughing when old folks fall down the stairs and j-walking in front of children!

Really? We have the largest region with mercenary tag? Haha! And Iwaku's military is actually very small and mostly inactive. It's more of an insane asylum for crazy yandere nations..

And sending a recruitment TG to the whole world. LOL. That cost more than 100 bucks!
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

Naginii
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Condemnation tags only embiggen the ego of both parties

Postby Naginii » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:08 pm

Despite the avatar, I'm retired from raiding and I'm basically just a part-time NS observer now. I have no ties to any active raiding crew, nor do I wish to. I don't have a dog in this fight. However, I've been around this game since the beginning, and I've come to see this kind of resolution become a waste of time and a bit of a joke when it goes after the style of gameplay (i.e. raiding or defending) versus condemning the conduct of the player. It's a waste of time, because as far as ROI goes, you lose on the deal as the nation prances around later waving the badge as a symbol of honor and nothing whatsoever has been gained to change gameplay for anyone.

The resolution seems to be more tweaked at the nation's raider status, rather than unsavory gameplay. It's well established that the WASC dislikes raiding, but as it's allowed by the game no condemnation proposal will ever remove it. Further, the Defender community is more than able and up to the task of keeping raiding and raiders in check, so it's not like there are no other means to control them. So, what are you actually gaining from trying to brand this individual?

When you slap a "condemn" badge on a nation, as was mentioned earlier, it becomes a badge of honor to the raider. This nation might be a puppet, but getting a brand by the WASC gains that nation street cred and reputation. Condemn resos BUILD the raider and raider community up, it's the ultimate tick on their scorecards; it means what they're doing is working in getting you to pay attention to them. They can prove they're big and bad and a factor in the game, because you all spent thousands of votes and time lobbying to get a toothless proposal passed that says they're "bad." You're proving they've annoyed you and are getting under your skin. By reacting to them and branding them, you give them recognition and sanction — you help grow the thing you all hate.

The nation that gets the reso passed gets to tick a box on their scorecard and say, "I slapped-down a raider." That fact may build confidence in your ranks, in the Defender community and among those who want this game to stand for nothing less than pure Jeffersonian Democractic values, BUT you haven't done anything meaningful to anyone this nation allegedly wronged or even made a ding in the raider's armorplating.

If the guy plays outside the rules, then by all means call that out. Roast him or her for it. NS should be a game where we all compete on an even field, where Raiders and Defenders play by the same rules. However, if the only reason you condemn someone is because they play a style of game you don't happen to like, you're wasting everyone's time. Shouldn't this place go after people that truly, and adversely, affect gameplay?

Then again, maybe in your own way the WASC is trying to support raiders/raiding by giving them something to work towards — the ultimate proof of their raiding prowess: official WASC condemnation? If so, keep it up. It works.

If not, stop doing this stuff, and just ignore them.

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Naginii wrote:-snip-

True. Also, I could tell you were an ex-raider. You put the "retired" label on the Ile de France flag.

EDIT: I confused the flag of Ile de France with the flag of DEN
Last edited by Redsward on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Security Council Debater

Fo-20
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Badge of Honor

Postby Fo-20 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:18 am

You all realize that these condemnations actually serve as commendations to members of The Black Riders. You all claim that raiders are a menace to NS but you think in such small contexts. The real menace to NS are the Founders and Executive WA Delegates that fail to password protect their regions. If you do not password your region you're asking to be invaded!! Condemnations like this only serve to recruit new raiders, I myself was brought into the raider persuasion and trained under some of their most veteran members and even the Marshal of the Black Riders himself. They're a very intelligent people who constantly are tripping up these so-called "Defender" Nations. If anything, these regions that fall to the Black Riders deserve to burn for their stupidity and lack of common sense. Raideron is supreme in all things and will crush those that oppose him!! Long Live The Black Riders!!!

Vandoosa
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vandoosa » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:39 am

Redsward wrote:
Vandoosa wrote:Aww.. they left out my other truly evil deeds like laughing when old folks fall down the stairs and j-walking in front of children!

Really? We have the largest region with mercenary tag? Haha! And Iwaku's military is actually very small and mostly inactive. It's more of an insane asylum for crazy yandere nations..

And sending a recruitment TG to the whole world. LOL. That cost more than 100 bucks!

Actually I've been considering doing that again..

Naginii wrote:*squeaksqueak* Baka desu hewwo!

Oh I agree with that by most of the percents!

Fo-20 wrote:Hewwo squeaky puffy CUTE!!

I like this guy! Wonder if he wuvs Ozoi as well as Raideron?

Domar
Attaché

Founded: Aug 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Domar » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:31 am

Redsward wrote:
Domar wrote:So If the Black Riders is to take down smaller nations like yours. I don't need to worry because I think the South Pacific and fight them off. I just need more proof that Vandoosa is linked to the Black Riders

I agree. TBR can easily be stopped, but all the wannabe defenders just ruin the whole R/D game by trying to destroy TBR. As for Vandoosa, he is linked to TBR because he participates in their invasions. He's neutral in the R/D game though, because he is a merc. His region, Glorious Nations of Iwaku, is the largest merc region in the NS World.

Do you have proof that Vandoosa takes part in it

Domar
Attaché

Founded: Aug 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Domar » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:36 am

Um! He admitted it? What?

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Fo-20 wrote:You all realize that these condemnations actually serve as commendations to members of The Black Riders. You all claim that raiders are a menace to NS but you think in such small contexts. The real menace to NS are the Founders and Executive WA Delegates that fail to password protect their regions. If you do not password your region you're asking to be invaded!! Condemnations like this only serve to recruit new raiders, I myself was brought into the raider persuasion and trained under some of their most veteran members and even the Marshal of the Black Riders himself. They're a very intelligent people who constantly are tripping up these so-called "Defender" Nations. If anything, these regions that fall to the Black Riders deserve to burn for their stupidity and lack of common sense. Raideron is supreme in all things and will crush those that oppose him!! Long Live The Black Riders!!!
I'm neutral in the R/D game, but you speak truth. And it's not just the case for TBR. Every other raider region seems to want condemnations. But not all defender regions are stupid. Just the ones full of wannabes who want to destroy TBR by condemning them. And most people are smart enough to make delegates non-executive; raiders and defenders alike.
Security Council Debater

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Domar wrote:
Redsward wrote:I agree. TBR can easily be stopped, but all the wannabe defenders just ruin the whole R/D game by trying to destroy TBR. As for Vandoosa, he is linked to TBR because he participates in their invasions. He's neutral in the R/D game though, because he is a merc. His region, Glorious Nations of Iwaku, is the largest merc region in the NS World.

Do you have proof that Vandoosa takes part in it

You see him credited on a few TBR-raided RMBs. Also, he has a plethora of puppets in Nugut. Vandoosa Dreiundzwanzig being one of them.
Security Council Debater

Unified Gibbons
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Gibbons » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Lol yes, I lived in Iwaku before and yes, it's NS's biggest asylum ever. :rofl:
Also, This proposal is for her puppet, so this condemnation is all but laughable. I am AGAINST.
Qandarian Civil War: Undecided
Lexistavian civil war: Left the war
Antarctic War: Lost
Civil War in Benghi: Won
Laanvian Civil War: Won
Civil war in Jamahiriyahs: Possible Stalemate?
2nd Laanvian Civil War: Ongoing
Great Byzonic War: Ongoing
Communist Uprising in Lucis: Won
Ninia Crisis: Won
War on Peoples East Africa: Won
Gzorian Civil War: Ongoing
Invasion of Newne Thernania: Ended peacefully
Military size: 125 million active ground troops, 55 million inactive, 2,500 million battleships, 321 aircraft carriers, 3,050 fighter jets

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:-snip-

Aww. I know how much you loved "Repeal Commend Luna Amore". :hug:

The SC peanut-gallery appears to be blissfully unaware that NS goes through various cycles of activity and inactivity. This being a cycle of inactivity.

Anyway, these "Condemn TBR and pals" resolutions were old at the end of last year.

Lastly, If you aren't amused by the current legislative drought, (which none of you seem to be), do quit talking and try to spark some activity within the SC by condemning nations that actually deserve a badge: Venico, Tramiar, Koth, et al.
Just some weeb.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Ramaeus wrote:Aww. I know how much you loved "Repeal Commend Luna Amore". :hug:

When you you going to bother writing that replacement like you promised by the way?
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:When you you going to bother writing that replacement like you promised by the way?

Do be patient and try to be aware that people have a life outside of NS.
Just some weeb.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Ramaeus wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:When you you going to bother writing that replacement like you promised by the way?

Do be patient and try to be aware that people have a life outside of NS.

You didn't seem to have one when you were repealing Luna's badge now did you?
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:13 pm

What? Seriously, what?

If you want to continue this, then take it to my inbox. Otherwise, I'm done with this exchange.
Just some weeb.

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Unified Gibbons wrote:

Lol yes, I lived in Iwaku before and yes, it's NS's biggest asylum ever. :rofl:
Also, This proposal is for her puppet, so this condemnation is all but laughable. I am AGAINST.

His puppet. I know he has the anime girls on his flags all the time, but Vandy's a guy!
Ramaeus wrote:

Aww. I know how much you loved "Repeal Commend Luna Amore". :hug:

The SC peanut-gallery appears to be blissfully unaware that NS goes through various cycles of activity and inactivity. This being a cycle of inactivity.

Anyway, these "Condemn TBR and pals" resolutions were old at the end of last year.

Lastly, If you aren't amused by the current legislative drought, (which none of you seem to be), do quit talking and try to spark some activity within the SC by condemning nations that actually deserve a badge: Venico, Tramiar, Koth, et al.

Not only that, TBR has too many badges for the same reasons. First the region itself, then Gest, then Halcones. At least Cormac decided to lighten things up. If he hadn't authored SC #150, TBR would still have two condemnations.

Unfortunately, the repeals will be difficult to pass. The easiest way to earn an authorship badge is to condemn a r(a)ider.
Security Council Debater

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:21 am

Redsward wrote:Not only that, TBR has too many badges for the same reasons. First the region itself, then Gest, then Halcones. At least Cormac decided to lighten things up. If he hadn't authored SC #150, TBR would still have two condemnations.

Unfortunately, the repeals will be difficult to pass. The easiest way to earn an authorship badge is to condemn a r(a)ider.

I am quite aware. I tried to repeal one of their badges.
Last edited by Ramaeus on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just some weeb.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:29 am

Chester Pearson wrote:
Ramaeus wrote:Do be patient and try to be aware that people have a life outside of NS.

You didn't seem to have one when you were repealing Luna's badge now did you?

Quit the threadjacking.

Chostea
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chostea » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:09 am

Fo-20 wrote:-snip-

Colouring all your text like that makes you look really pretentious.
Population: ~110 million
NS stats ≠ My stats. Reading factbooks saves lives!

DEFLEV: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] – Peacetime

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:44 am

Chostea wrote:
Fo-20 wrote:-snip-

Colouring all your text like that makes you look really pretentious.

:rofl:
Security Council Debater

Aetur
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aetur » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:08 pm

The World Assembly seems to be on a witch hunt against raiders. Not that raiders should go unpunished, but condemnations don't really do anything, and I can't remember the last time a Security Council proposal didn't have something to do with Raiding nations.
MBTI: INFP

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:20 pm

Whew, glad that's over.
Security Council Debater

Previous