NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Lazarus

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:16 am

Where is the serious information? I don't see any :s
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:17 am

The interesting question I have heard regarding this proposal after it became clear that the result would be one way was if the GCRs would all vote the same way on the issue. According to Kazmr the one lone GCR which has not yet voted is Balder. So it should be interesting to see if they vote in favour or against or don't vote at all.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Nephmir wrote:I didn't day I planned for it to fail. I just didn't care if it passed or failed.

You can't run away from statements made just a few pages ago.

Nephmir wrote:Oh please. If I actually wanted this to pass I'd have included evidence in the OP before submitting it, and would have made a more convincing campaign speech to the delegates.

Nephmir wrote:I won't be submitting another Condemnation proposal solely for the purpose of gathering data, however.

"I never wanted this to pass. My plan was to gather data! I swear this wasn't a failure."

At least you realized you weren't fooling anyone and moved on to claims of apathy.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:57 pm

Funkadelia wrote:Where is the serious information? I don't see any :s

For once i agree with you defender bae
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:42 pm

This is turning out to be one of the most crushingly 'Against' vote results I've had the privilege of seeing in the Security Council.

If anything, this proposal is an argument for making it harder to reach quorum.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Solorni wrote:The interesting question I have heard regarding this proposal after it became clear that the result would be one way was if the GCRs would all vote the same way on the issue. According to Kazmr the one lone GCR which has not yet voted is Balder. So it should be interesting to see if they vote in favour or against or don't vote at all.
Oh yes, it would be very interesting and not completely predictable if Balder broke with all the GCRs to vote the same way most of UIAF did. Who ever could have thought it was possible?

:roll:
AKA Weed

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:58 pm

Topid wrote:
Solorni wrote:The interesting question I have heard regarding this proposal after it became clear that the result would be one way was if the GCRs would all vote the same way on the issue. According to Kazmr the one lone GCR which has not yet voted is Balder. So it should be interesting to see if they vote in favour or against or don't vote at all.
Oh yes, it would be very interesting and not completely predictable if Balder broke with all the GCRs to vote the same way most of UIAF did. Who ever could have thought it was possible?

I didn't realize the UIAF voted, militaries generally perform military service in regions. If you are talking about the contributing and developed regions that participate in UIAF, then I had no idea how they are voting. Unlike some regions, we do not do things to fit in and look at things like that. In fact, the only reason I knew the other GCRs had all voted against was because someone had informed me of this trivial fact.

Please don't place your subservient defender thoughts and tendencies onto how you believe my own character behaves.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Yao
Spokesperson

Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yao » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Support.

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:03 pm

Solorni wrote:
Topid wrote:Oh yes, it would be very interesting and not completely predictable if Balder broke with all the GCRs to vote the same way most of UIAF did. Who ever could have thought it was possible?

I didn't realize the UIAF voted, militaries generally perform military service in regions. If you are talking about the contributing and developed regions that participate in UIAF, then I had no idea how they are voting. Unlike some regions, we do not do things to fit in and look at things like that. In fact, the only reason I knew the other GCRs had all voted against was because someone had informed me of this trivial fact.

Please don't place your subservient defender thoughts and tendencies onto how you believe my own character behaves.

Yes, UIAF is shorter to say than Albion, LKE, and TNI, and overall more preferred than "imperial sphere", I'd guess. If there were a better fitting word, I'd use it.

And like most gameplayers I did not have to look to know that was true. Votes are very predictable, especially on a pretty bad proposal like this. Only people with a real sour grudge with Laz would be open to this, and we know what group of players that is. Nor do I need to check to see that I am voting in the same way most of my fellow defenderists are, it is just relatively predictable that regions and players in similar positions will vote the same way. The only notable Gameplay region's delegates I see supporting this are LKE, Albion and the raider delegate in The Mountains to The East, and apparently possibly Balder. Them's the humorous facts.

Ah, are you a "character" now? I wondered what had happened to cause the dramatic change in tone while I was gone.
AKA Weed

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:12 am

I see it is easier simply use broad terms than correct ones. Given the aggressive extremism displayed by post-coup Lazarus towards Balder, it is no wonder why we do not oppose the measure currently.It would be predictable that in the face of Lazarus' awkward foreign policies, that a few of the rationally based regions would stand in opposition to it.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Going to be supporting a lot of Condemnations if dismissing Balder is reason enough for one. :P A lot, a lot. But nonetheless I certainly wouldn't hold that against you if there was something there, I've been away from NS for most part for all of PRL except the initial weeks of it.
AKA Weed

The Global Democracy WA
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Global Democracy WA » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:59 am

Thanks Fris for telling us that.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:42 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:"Condemn Lazarus" was defeated 8,053 votes to 2,095.

Did I break the record?
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Nephmir wrote:

Did I break the record?

For worst proposal ever? I do believe you did. Come on up and take a bow.... :clap:
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:52 pm

A sign that the world is with us comrades.

:P
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Feux wrote:

A sign that the world is with us comrades.

Maybe, but more likely that the world hates Nephy....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:35 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Feux wrote:A sign that the world is with us comrades.

Maybe, but more likely that the world hates Nephy....

Or the content of his proposal? Your statement would imply the failure of Security Council resolution # 165.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives