NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Liberate Wonderful Paradise

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Liberate Wonderful Paradise

Postby Unibot II » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:42 pm

The Security Council,

Having considered the following annotations:

Annot.1§ Before the most recent invasion of Wonderful Paradise, the region was a small but healthy colony of The Mega Region. In Early December, the region had about 20 nations and an active regional message board (RMB). Several attempts from raiders to invade it had been attempted and ultimately quashed by the natives of the region, The Mega Region and the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA),

Annot.2§ On Jan 29 2011, Flaming Soul Forces had become delegate of Wonderful Paradise and implemented a password. Flaming Soul Forces was a native who was planning to leave the region. Flaming Soul Forces established a password for the region's security, but after incidentally endorsing a raider sleeper, The Undead Reich, said raider became delegate,

Annot.3§ A brief excursion from the region by some of the old natives, allowed the sleeper raider to successfully eject the remaining natives and alter the password, without an opportunity for reprisal from the natives or defenders,

ACKNOWLEDGING that the remaining natives of Wonderful Paradise, including Demphor, have taken refuge in The Mega Region, and have sponsored this liberation -- expressing their wishes to return to Wonderful Paradise,

UNDERSTANDING that NAZI EUROPE is responsible for these acts, having claimed Wonderful Paradise as its property. Although the mission was ordered by a former delegate who is no longer affiliated with NAZI EUROPE, The Undead Reich remains adamant to maintain the acquisition of Wonderful Paradise. The Undead Reich has declared, "[NAZI EUROPE] has spent over a year and a half kissing the ground that the [Security Council] walked on to get a repeal [of their] condemnation. And yet [NAZI EUROPE] continued to get stepped on and kicked to the side. Frankly, [NAZI EUROPE is] tired of it. If [NAZI EUROPE is] going to [be] treated like monsters, by god [they] are going to act like it",

BELIEVING that this is an insufficient justification for the forceful removal of a region's natives or the continued acquisition of Wonderful Paradise because two wrongs do not make a right -- any injustices that NAZI EUROPE thinks have been committed against them cannot serve as a defense of any new injustice that NAZI EUROPE has perpetrated,

HEREBY LIBERATES Wonderful Paradise.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:13 am, edited 7 times in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Takaram
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Someone else may contradict me here, but I see no issues with it.

EDIT: And in case you couldn't already figure, I'm for.
Last edited by Takaram on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:46 pm

FOR.
Member of The South and Osiris
Representing Mahaj in the World Assembly.
The Mahaj Factbook.

Author of Missing Minors Act (Repealed) and In Regards to Cloning
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Brogavia wrote:Fuck bitches, get money.
You shall be my god.

Georgism wrote:Fuck off you cunt, I'm always nice.

NERVUN wrote:Yog zap!

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:I am the Urinater..... I'll be back.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:01 pm

For, naturally.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Takaram wrote:Someone else may contradict me here, but I see no issues with it.

EDIT: And in case you couldn't already figure, I'm for.

Yeah, it's a complex situation, I'm still getting the details myself, it looks like the senior members of NAZI EUROPE may not have been involved, or it was Laos.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:37 am

A nice piece of work by Undead Reich :clap: . Yes, let's liberate the region, opening it up to raiders again. No, just kidding.
AGAINST, of course.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:52 am

Cinistra wrote:A nice piece of work by Undead Reich :clap: . Yes, let's liberate the region, opening it up to raiders again. No, just kidding.
AGAINST, of course.

:roll:

Last edited by Unibot II on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lietvos
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lietvos » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:55 am

Against.

SkipperThePenguin
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby SkipperThePenguin » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:59 am

Butmansland 43 Days Ago: PS this place is sorta dying.

:palm:

Against, and all Member states of The Nationstates CIA both foreign and internal we'll be told to vote against it should it ever reach quorum.
Last edited by SkipperThePenguin on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Today, every inhabitant of this planet must contemplate the day when this planet may no longer be habitable. Every man, woman and child lives under a nuclear sword of Damocles, hanging by the slenderest of threads, capable of being cut at any moment by accident, or miscalculation, or by madness. The weapons of war must be abolished before they abolish us." - John F. Kennedy

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:19 am

Unibot II wrote:
Cinistra wrote:A nice piece of work by Undead Reich :clap: . Yes, let's liberate the region, opening it up to raiders again. No, just kidding.
AGAINST, of course.

Well, that tactics are shared by many players. As long as there are raiders vs fenda cases, either side will take the opposite stand. Nice card, though.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

SkipperThePenguin
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby SkipperThePenguin » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 am

Unibot II wrote:
AGAINST, of course.

Seeing as there are more Defender WA nations, it would be quiet easy for the Raider's to well mind control you by voting for what you would originally vote for. Thus making you change your mind.
"Today, every inhabitant of this planet must contemplate the day when this planet may no longer be habitable. Every man, woman and child lives under a nuclear sword of Damocles, hanging by the slenderest of threads, capable of being cut at any moment by accident, or miscalculation, or by madness. The weapons of war must be abolished before they abolish us." - John F. Kennedy

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:50 am

SkipperThePenguin wrote:Seeing as there are more Defender WA nations, it would be quiet easy for the Raider's to well mind control you by voting for what you would originally vote for. Thus making you change your mind.

And if I do the opposite of that, by not following your 'advice', I'll be right on track. Thanks. ;)

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:53 am

SkipperThePenguin wrote:Seeing as there are more Defender WA nations, it would be quiet easy for the Raider's to well mind control you by voting for what you would originally vote for. Thus making you change your mind.

And if I do the opposite of that, by not following your 'advice', I'll be right on track. Thanks. ;)

Cinistra wrote:
Unibot II wrote:

I wonder why. ;)

Numdia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Numdia » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:36 pm

FOR

Other members of Hidden Moon Base 3 will like-wise be encouraged to vote for the bill.

Laos Refugees
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Laos Refugees » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:01 pm

I totally forgot I ordered Undead Reich to do that, huh, little Nazi blighters actually did accomplish something, pity.

Darenjo
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:29 pm

Darenjo supports fully.
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Proud Member of Eastern Islands of Dharma!

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Based on the facts here, the Lion believes that this is a solid case.
Mr. Gatwick, Permanent Representative
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

The Undead Reich
Civilian

Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Undead Reich » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:39 am

Actually Soul Forces left after I kicked every other member. I ran out of influence to eject him. And i was acting under orders that I believed still stood. And I'd like you to go off and draft up liberations for the 3 regions that I've seen raided today.

I believe this is an attack against NAZI EUROPE, I rarely see liberations against anything else and the WA seems to have a sole mission to destroy every victory, accomplishment or move forward we gain.

We spent over a year and a half kissing the ground that the SC walked on to get a repeal from condemnation. And yet we continued to get steped on and kicked to the side. Frankly, we're tired of it. If we are going to treated like monsters, by god we are going to act like it

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:48 am

I'm happy to see you're taking the high road. :roll: Can you explain to me what the WFE means regarding "You should have listened to him."

Demphor
Senator

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Demphor » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:25 pm

EDIT: I moved to the Mega Region because Ovlovian Dynasty Two had died, well, back to where we started.
Get money out of politics, join Wolf PAC
iiWikiNational Anthem of Demphor
“When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?"
~ John Maynard Keynes

Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Improving Wordiness » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:30 pm

I am for liberation.
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I'm a massive tool. ;)

Numdia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Numdia » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:47 am

The Undead Reich wrote:We spent over a year and a half kissing the ground that the SC walked on to get a repeal from condemnation. And yet we continued to get steped on and kicked to the side. Frankly, we're tired of it. If we are going to treated like monsters, by god we are going to act like it

Ya, how did you get un-condemned anyway? You guys have one of the most hated ideologies ever, you invade region after region, many of your members (no, not necessarily you) rant on the forums, etc. And besides, I wouldn't complain. At least your still around, and God knows that's a miracle given how you act.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:51 am

Stick to debating the proposal, please.

Chickenland Army
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 29, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

For liberation; have question

Postby Chickenland Army » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:59 pm

We support liberation resolution. But I was wondering if the Undead Reich chose to leave then the region could cease to exist -- then be refounded by him or her or anyone else for that matter. Would a Liberation Resolution placed upon a founderless region that is then vacated and refounded lose the Liberation Resolution / ability to block posting up a regional password?

Takaram
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Chickenland Army wrote:We support liberation resolution. But I was wondering if the Undead Reich chose to leave then the region could cease to exist -- then be refounded by him or her or anyone else for that matter. Would a Liberation Resolution placed upon a founderless region that is then vacated and refounded lose the Liberation Resolution / ability to block posting up a regional password?

More likely than not, defenders or natives would move it and save the region from CTEing until normality could be restored.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives