NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Aglrinia

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Seth Abaddon
Attaché

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Condemn Aglrinia

Postby Seth Abaddon » Tue May 14, 2013 7:14 am

Condemn Aglrinia

A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Aglrinia | Proposed by: Seth Abaddon

The Security Council,

Article I (Laws of a nation)

Recognizing that Aglrinia has passed laws specifically allowing the punishments of Sleep Deprevation, Sensory Deprivation, Water-boarding, Lynching, Subjection to extremes of weather and death by a thousand cuts. These practices are specifically banned under World Assembly Resolution #9 and recognized as torture by most civilized nations.

Distressed that Aglrinia violates womens rights in declaring that all married women must get their husband’s permission if they wish to have a job, they must live wherever the husband wishes to reside, and they must forfeit all jointly held assets upon divorce from her husband.

Appalled that the punishment for a convict marrying after 2010 is the execution of the convict and his entire family.

Concerned that any person flying a flag higher than a Aglrinian flag will be treated as an invading army and dealt with accordingly.

Disgusted that physical mutilation through the removal of limbs is the punishment for certain crimes in Beijilano.

Concerned that contrary to International standards of justice, the presumption is guilty until proven innocent in certain cases.

Article II (Actions of a nation)

Shocked that Aglrinia has launched warning missiles at other nations, regardless of their lack of offensive payload, without provocation or warning.

Distraught that politicians resolve their difference through murder, including the assumption of the Presidency and the murder of other Ministers and those close to them for political means.

Condemning Veniamin Fortunatov's, the Premier of the Autocratic Aglrinian State, ordered "Mass cleansing of all provinces of fascist beings."

Deploring the rapid imprisonment of significant populations in state gulags.

Article III (Responsibility for the actions of dependent territories - Luxemburg)

Recognizing that Luxembourg is a dependent territory of Aglrinia.

Observing that Luxembourg has been found guilty by The Commonwealth Society of entering the region and assuming positions of responsibility while Aglrinia was banned, disrupting the internal politics of the region.

Disturbed that Luxembourg acting in its role as Interim Delegate of Balder forced a takeover the region.

Shocked that Luxembourg endeavored to gain access to sensitive regional information, attempting to use said information to manipulate the forums while molding the World Factbook to Luxembourg's own ends.

Article IV (Responsibility for the actions of dependent territories - Syrakhstan)

Recognizing that Syrakhstan is a dependent territory of Aglrinia.

Observing that Syrakhstan further entered The Commonwealth Society in violation of a banning order of Luxemburg, Aglrinia and all puppet states of them, further destabilizing the internal politics of the region.

Deploring the manipulation of evidence, unprovoked attack on Wananda and resulting loss of life across The Commonwealth Society in an attempt in keep government facilities practicing illicit actives from discovery.

Disgusted that prisoners are subjected to torture, including removal of fingers and teeth.

Concerned that all international press were banned from reporting from Syrakhstan and ejected from the nation.

Appalled at indiscriminate government bombardment of civilian populations and religious building resulting in huge loss of life and outrage.

Article V (Responsibility for the actions of founded regions - Kami no Chikara)

Recognizing Aglrinia as the founder of the region, Kami no Chikara.

Understanding that several native WA nations were involved in the raid on UGFLSPN in an attempt to overthrow the founder.

However remaining appalled that following raids of the regions Great German Empire and UGFLSPN, Kami no Chikara rigged elections, banjected nations with influence smaller than their own, suppressed posts, upload the Kami no Chikara flag, and changed the WFE to simply "Kami no Chikara rocks our socks!". These actions ultimately led to the destruction of both regions.

Contending that the actions of Aglrinia are deserving of a condemnation by the Security Council in the strongest terms,

Hereby Condemns Aglrinia.
Last edited by Seth Abaddon on Wed May 29, 2013 9:01 am, edited 7 times in total.

Seth Abaddon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Seth Abaddon » Tue May 14, 2013 7:17 am

Last edited by Seth Abaddon on Tue May 14, 2013 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poni
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Poni » Tue May 14, 2013 9:41 am

I do not believe this draft will pass nor do I support it, and for these reasons:

1: Aglrinia is not a World Assembly member.

2: This draft while heavily detailed, is too lengthy and talks about other groups than Aglrinia.

Nervbraiain
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nervbraiain » Tue May 14, 2013 10:12 am

Poni wrote:I do not believe this draft will pass nor do I support it, and for these reasons:

2: This draft while heavily detailed, is too lengthy and talks about other groups than Aglrinia.

In regards to one I believe the nation Aglrinia is banned from the World Assembly.

While when it comes to two; Aglrinia is the main account behind, Luxembourg, and Syrakhstan, etc. etc. If condemned this badge would simply be a placeholder for actions done by all.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Tue May 14, 2013 10:17 am

I believe I spot a rule 3 and a rule 4 violation.

Seth Abaddon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Seth Abaddon » Tue May 14, 2013 10:34 am

Poni wrote:I do not believe this draft will pass nor do I support it, and for these reasons:

Nations do not need to be a WA member to be commended or condemned. I am not sure if he is banned from the WA or not yet. Yep, he was banned.

I know its too long and posted this above, it will be narrowed down after some discussion I hope.

Aglrinia has posted in the game that his nation is the controling nation of the others, is it wrong to condemn a nation for the actions of a vassel/puppet state. In rp terms if Algeria was a pulling the strings behind the actions of the other nations is the puppet master not to blame?

Crazy girl wrote:I believe I spot a rule 3 and a rule 4 violation.

I thought rule 3 was operating clauses with had to be condemn, commend or liberate. Is condemn Aglrinia not adequate? Apologies if I am overlooking something obvious.

Thanks SkyDip for the clarification

It will be edited to comply with Rule 4.
Last edited by Seth Abaddon on Tue May 21, 2013 2:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Poni
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Poni » Tue May 14, 2013 11:05 am

My former points against this have been rather nullified, and I accept that. However I will not approve this draft yet because of a possible violation of Rules #3 & 4. Once this problem has been resorted, I will announce my supporting of this draft.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue May 14, 2013 11:22 am

Like CG said, you have some rule violations in here, specifically, no operative clause (your proposal doesn't say "Hereby Condemns Aglirinia" or some such thing) and the following is an example of an R4 violation in your text:
Luxembourg acting in his role as Interim Delegate forced a takeover the region
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Seth Abaddon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Seth Abaddon » Tue May 14, 2013 11:24 am

SkyDip wrote:Like CG said, you have some rule violations in here, specifically, no operative clause (your proposal doesn't say "Hereby Condemns Aglirinia" or some such thing) and the following is an example of an R4 violation in your text:
Luxembourg acting in his role as Interim Delegate forced a takeover the region

Many thanks for you help and explination i will make the modifications.

Hopefully got them all
Last edited by Seth Abaddon on Tue May 14, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ashebourton
Envoy

Founded: Nov 20, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ashebourton » Fri May 17, 2013 2:18 pm

As the Delegate to The New Commonwealth Society I wish to extend our full support towards this draft. Thank you for bringing up this topic, he has brought us nothing but grief and turmoil.

Minister of Defense, The Commonwealth Society
The Dominion of Ashebourton
Prince Robert A.H. Espinosa I

"If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles." - Karl von Clausewitz

Force Protection Level 12345

Seth Abaddon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Second Draft

Postby Seth Abaddon » Fri May 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Condemn Aglrinia

A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Aglrinia | Proposed by: Seth Abaddon

The Security Council,

Article I (Laws of a nation)

Shocked that Aglrinia has passed laws specifically allowing the punishments of Sleep Deprevation, Sensory Deprivation, Water-boarding, Lynching, Subjection to extremes of weather and death by a thousand cuts.

Distressed that Aglrinia violates womens rights in declaring that all married women must get their husband’s permission if they wish to have a job, they must live wherever the husband wishes to reside, and they must forfeit all jointly held assets upon divorce from her husband.

Appalled that the punishment for a convict marrying after 2010 is the execution of the convict and his entire family.

Concerned that any person flying a flag higher than a Aglrinian flag will be treated as an invading army and dealt with accordingly.

Disgusted that physical mutilation through the removal of limbs is the punishment for certain crimes.

Concerned that contrary to International standards of justice, the presumption is guilty until proven innocent in certain cases.

Article II (Actions of a nation)

Shocked that Aglrinia has launched warning missiles at other nations, regardless of their lack of payload, without provocation or warning.

Distraught that politicians resolve their difference through murder, including the assumption of the Presidency and the murder of other Ministers and those close to them for political means.

Condemning Veniamin Fortunatov's, the Premier of Aglrinia, ordered mass cleansing of all provinces of fascist beings.

Deploring the rapid imprisonment of significant populations in state gulags.

Article III (Responsibility for the actions of dependent territories - Luxemburg)

Recognizing Luxembourg is a dependent territory of Aglrinia.

Observing that Luxembourg has been found guilty by The Commonwealth Society of entering the region and assuming positions of responsibility while Aglrinia was banned, disrupting the internal politics of the region.

Disturbed that Luxembourg acting in its role as Interim Delegate of Balder forced a takeover the region.

Shocked that Luxembourg endeavored to gain access to sensitive regional information, attempting to use said information to manipulate the forums and World Factbook.

Article IV (Responsibility for the actions of dependent territories - Syrakhstan)

Recognizing Syrakhstan is a dependent territory of Aglrinia.

Observing that Syrakhstan entered The Commonwealth Society in violation of a banning order of Aglrinia and all puppet states, further destabilizing the internal politics of the region.

Disgusted that prisoners are subjected to torture, including removal of fingers and teeth.

Concerned that the international press was ejected from Syrakhstan.

Appalled at indiscriminate government bombardment of civilian populations and religious building resulting in huge loss of life and outrage.

Article V (Responsibility for the actions of founded regions - Kami no Chikara)

Recognizing Aglrinia as the founder of the region, Kami no Chikara.

Appalled that raids of the regions Great German Empire and UGFLSPN by Kami no Chikara ultimately led to the destruction of both regions.

Contending that the actions of Aglrinia are deserving of a condemnation by the Security Council,

Hereby Condemns Aglrinia.
Last edited by Seth Abaddon on Sat May 18, 2013 7:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Seth Abaddon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Seth Abaddon » Fri May 17, 2013 11:36 pm

The above second draft has knocked about 1000 characters off the draft to bring it in line with the maximum length of proposals. I don't think I have knocked off too much important information.

Is it looking acceptable for submission?

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sat May 18, 2013 7:09 am

Looks better. I don't see any more R4 violations upon an initial read through.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Seth Abaddon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Seth Abaddon » Sun May 19, 2013 10:17 am

Thanks SkyDip.

This proposal has now been submitted.

Seth Abaddon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Seth Abaddon » Tue May 21, 2013 8:36 am

We made it! "Condemn Aglrinia" is in the queue behind "Condemn Jakker" and should go for voting in 4 days.

Thanks to you all for the support and counting on you for the vote as well.
Last edited by Seth Abaddon on Tue May 21, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Wed May 22, 2013 6:09 am

Balder supports this wholeheartedly and I have approved this proposal.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Radiatia WA Delegate
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia WA Delegate » Sat May 25, 2013 9:19 am

"How on earth did this reach quorum?" Asked Radiatian WA Ambassador Kurt Demodand, as he perused the document condemning the hitherto unknown nation of Aglrinia (a nation whose name, furthermore, he couldn't even pronounce). "Surely this tinpot state, whatever it is and wherever it is, isn't the top of the list in terms of nations who this council condemns when there are far more atrocious nations out there, some of whom I've actually heard of!

"Alas I can't vote for a resolution condemning somewhere I've never heard of I am dreadfully sorry to say."
The Most Honourable Kurt Demodand
Radiatian Ambassador to the WA
Former Prime Minister of the Radiatian Federation

This puppet nation is proudly brought to you by Radiatia!

Seth Abaddon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Seth Abaddon » Sat May 25, 2013 9:29 am

I guess as a raider, region destroyer, a nation who manipulates regional politics and who staged a coup in Balder, Aglrinia is better known in gameplay circles but thats not to say his rp contributions are any less deplorable.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sat May 25, 2013 10:06 am

I've voted IN FAVOR of this resolution.

Icesun
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Icesun » Sat May 25, 2013 10:14 am

I want to support this - on paper (screen) it looks sensible, I just can't help but wondering - why are there so many votes against it?

Is there anything redeemable about Aglrinia that I'm not privy to that all these people voting against are?
Eco: -3.50, Social: -4.05
Icesun
Founder of The Midwestern Rim
Factbook [Under Construction]
[1][2][3][4][[5]]
Member of the Stonewall Alliance

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sat May 25, 2013 10:18 am

Icesun wrote:I want to support this - on paper (screen) it looks sensible, I just can't help but wondering - why are there so many votes against it?

Is there anything redeemable about Aglrinia that I'm not privy to that all these people voting against are?

Votes Against: 1,050: Jamie Anumia (439)

You have Jamie to thank for that. :P

Schmiegelland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Schmiegelland » Sat May 25, 2013 10:19 am

I support this measure.

Seth Abaddon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Seth Abaddon » Sat May 25, 2013 10:29 am

Only one nation on the North pacific's forum voted on this proposal, one vote aganist and Jamie Anumia casts 441 votes in the WA aganist it, hummm

Hopefully we wont see a roll on effect or one vote will decide this......
Last edited by Seth Abaddon on Sat May 25, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Icesun
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Icesun » Sat May 25, 2013 10:29 am

SkyDip wrote:
Icesun wrote:I want to support this - on paper (screen) it looks sensible, I just can't help but wondering - why are there so many votes against it?

Votes Against: 1,050: Jamie Anumia (439)

You have Jamie to thank for that. :P

I see.

And am also a little jealous sitting here in my region of 2 nations :p ;)

I have voted in favor of this proposal.

What good that will do you however looks little I'm afraid - its a pity so many people don't read but just go with which ever seems to have most votes.
Last edited by Icesun on Sat May 25, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eco: -3.50, Social: -4.05
Icesun
Founder of The Midwestern Rim
Factbook [Under Construction]
[1][2][3][4][[5]]
Member of the Stonewall Alliance

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sat May 25, 2013 10:42 am

Well now Jamie has retracted the vote. Seems you scared him off. :lol:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives